Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,530 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. (30661 Views)

Onitsha River Port Becomes Functional After Decades Of Planning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by SMGGroup: 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2022
BATified2023:
At least the igbos can show the true meaning of their developmental prowess now

Always running on emotions. River port not a sea port

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by SupremeSpecimen: 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2022
When Buhari does good, he should also be commended.

Hopefully the man cares about his legacy

I for one don't have blind hate for the man.

His leadership style needs to evolve and he needs to address the country more often.

Nigerians didn't elect your spokesman. They elected YOU Mr Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by Wickedfacts: 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2022
Patlab:
Concessionaires again. Nigeria on sale undecided

Sold to a son of Igboland but you are not happy. Senseless idiot.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by rajiedreez: 4:10pm On Aug 05, 2022
grin ......................... grin ......................... grin
ImperialYoruba:
This concession must be given to Yoruba to show one Nigeria spirit.

30yrs for us to go help iboland develop like we did in Lagos and Ogun and Abuja.

grin .......................... grin ......................... grin
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by purplekayc(m): 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2022
To whom?
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by elsiusgr8t(m): 4:12pm On Aug 05, 2022
adebayo111:
Go and read your history very well. The development of Lagos started before independence

So it's no longer Tinubu that developed Lagos grin grin

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by Everlastingson: 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2022
naptu2:
tolu ogunlesi @toluogunlesi

https://twitter.com/toluogunlesi/status/1555492114162745346

How many times will you tell this lie?
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by Chikeluba25(m): 4:19pm On Aug 05, 2022
God bless Anambra

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by AbleGodsolution(m): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2022
What do you mean by "North 23"??
Odin13:
Nice one from Buhari.

That wan no go make East vote Tinubu

Power to the people
North 2023
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by Omodua(m): 4:26pm On Aug 05, 2022
naptu2:
tolu ogunlesi @toluogunlesi

https://twitter.com/toluogunlesi/status/1555492114162745346

naptu2, we are hearing for the first time.i

The Truth remains that South East is shortchanged in seaports activities. None in the southeast. Yet,they are the major importers of goods in the country.

Equity and fairness is required in our country to stop separatist agitations.
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by TolaniLuv: 4:36pm On Aug 05, 2022
JaySterling:
Chai Afonja go cry blood

Why and how
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by buzorcharles(m): 4:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
yefis83356:
Hdh

And you are still playing 1k and 2k games when u should been a billionaire by now.

foolish Scammers everywhere
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by TolaniLuv: 4:40pm On Aug 05, 2022
Lewisjohnson:
Ewedu nd Amala will nt lik dis News,
Very soon we will abandon Lagos Seaports grin grin

That will be great News for us Lagosian. Traffic will reduce and some Igbo’s will now be going back home .

I can’t wait to see this in future! We will help you guys develop it too by Gods grace.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by Femifasola: 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
Lewisjohnson:

Ur Nyash, u tink Anambra state accommodate intruders,
Anambra na no go area oo, Even Fulani herdsmen knw dis
Yet Abakaliki boys are making you all to sit at home every Monday. Lol cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by Omenlon: 5:02pm On Aug 05, 2022
LXG2:
Audio concession. By the way how ship wan take pass when dem
don use General M. Buhari bridge block road.

look my siggy e too sweet you no go regret am
if you do not know about port operations don't comment. The concession is nice and the best way to go. To access the port, you can use barges from Lagos port to that port, or transshipment, that means using smaller vessels from Lagos to Onitsha port, which is another big business for some business minded individuals. It's win, win for the people of Anambra State, the potential investors, and the importers from the south east and part of South/south that we be making use of the port.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by Ebubu9: 5:06pm On Aug 05, 2022
Femifasola:

Yet Abakaliki boys are making you all to sit at home every Monday. Lol cheesy grin
Abakaliki Boys d terror of ndi Anambragrin

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 05, 2022
Another vote buying strategy.
APC get brain for propaganda
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by ImperialYoruba: 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2022
Angelfrost:

You just rushed to comment this tripe... To what end exactly?!!

Why does tribalism turn you people on so much?!? This is serious mental illness!

When you pack your nylon bags and filth depart onitsha to come Lagos it is your constitutional right as a Nigerian.

When Yoruba propose grabbing federal concession in Anambra it is tribal.

Yoruba L'okan. grin

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by Zeezenho: 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
BATified2023:
u igbos will never be satisfied even if they kill d whole world for u

Because we are progressive people we want the best for our self,is that too much to ask for?
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by ASAPFERG1: 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
Nice one ... at least igbo people go stay their region once and forall..
Bloody immigrants grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by ImperialYoruba: 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
Lewisjohnson:

Ur Nyash, u tink Anambra state accommodate intruders,
Anambra na no go area oo, Even Fulani herdsmen knw dis

We must bring Yoruba civilization to Iboland and open your eyes to modernity. We are coming to run this concession, it is development and good for you.

Your girls will welcome us, Im sure. grin

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by 27Pushing30: 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2022
Penguin2:
Good step if the concessionaires would be serious and sincere with the project.

The last I read about the concessionaire, it was owned by a northerner. I’m sure after the uproar it generated, they are now using a certain “Nwangwu” as front.

Not like I care if the concessionaire is Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba, I just wanna be sure it’s not a ploy to sign off that port to an enemy of Southeast who would render the port redundant for a whole 30 years.

Lekki concession company that these useless peeps tried to burn down have left that lekki-EPe road to rot

Now see us dodging potholes while on 120mph mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by ImperialYoruba: 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2022
ASAPFERG1:
Nice one ... at least igbo people go stay their region once and forall..
Bloody immigrants grin

Walahi. Make Bini-Ore road rest small. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by Okoroawusa: 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2022
I Love PMB
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by Tycyborg(m): 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2022
Vickho:
Port bawo?
The East is landlocked

Yes the igbos are land lock... But that anambra port is for smaller kinda ferry not for big ship... It's like this... When you use truck to drop a huge container in lagos... Buses like hummer bus will take it to the east... The buses can't carry all but they can carry it in pieces like little by little...
I hope you understand my illustration...
So it's a port but for very small loads cos ships don't sail through river but ferry can...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by Angelfrost(m): 5:54pm On Aug 05, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

When you pack your nylon bags and filth depart onitsha to come Lagos it is your constitutional right as a Nigerian.

When Yoruba propose grabbing federal concession in Anambra it is tribal.

Yoruba L'okan. grin

Sorry... I am not in your dimwitted class of bigots.

Please, move along!
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by nesphil(m): 6:18pm On Aug 05, 2022
Only time will tell...
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by Lajiniran: 6:19pm On Aug 05, 2022
Penguin2:
Good step if the concessionaires would be serious and sincere with the project.

The last I read about the concessionaire, it was owned by a northerner. I’m sure after the uproar it generated, they are now using a certain “Nwangwu” as front.

Not like I care if the concessionaire is Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba, I just wanna be sure it’s not a ploy to sign off that port to an enemy of Southeast who would render the port redundant for a whole 30 years.

But ironically, you don't care about you being an enemy of your benevolent host in Lagos. grin grin. Its baffles me how we see evil as good when it favors us or does not happen to us, but we run helter skelter when we feel same evil we are good at perpetrating is about or would happens to us. grin funny
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by PharmacyStore: 6:19pm On Aug 05, 2022
Okay This is a good development
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by dochenaj: 7:01pm On Aug 05, 2022
All those lauding Buhari for this either don't understand what concession is or are just riding on the fact that there will be plenty of people who are ignorant of what it is about.

It basically is the same thing as saying that the port was privatised. Signed off to a private company for them to operate and pay a fee to the FG.

Now tell me what is there to celebrate?

With the way our debt burden is rising. They will soon concession the whole of Nigeria to China and folks will be celebrating it as an achievement of the Buhari administration.

Now I'll add, while concession might be a good development in some cases, it is not some achievement to laud and celebrate. We deserve better.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concession_(contract)
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by Lugard89: 7:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
Campaign�����
Re: Onitsha River Port Has Been Concessioned. by Chopcy29: 9:06pm On Aug 05, 2022
Mazisimonekpa:
No election in Biafraland in 2023

Mazi Simon Ekpa

What positive gain are you getting from this thing now guy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Girl Without Limbs Receives Help From Kano State Government. Photos / Obaseki: “No One Made Me Governor” (Photos) / Saraki: "Police IG Wants To Embarrass Me, To Prevent My Defection"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.