Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

If It Was Like This... It Would Have Been Better... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If It Was Like This... It Would Have Been Better... (170 Views)

Gowon: Nigeria Would Have Been Better If Yar’adua Had Completed His Tenure / If Peter Obi will have been Better, Nigerians would Have Voted for Him - Wike / Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If It Was Like This... It Would Have Been Better... by RedMac: 6:15pm On Aug 05, 2022
From the problem of insecurity, economy wahala, down to the head ache of who will be our country's president come 2023... Everyone or rather the kind of attention this country is getting has reached an all time high... Everyone is worried and seriously hoping we don't get to endure anything worst than this after the next year general election...

But while I was serious thinking about the past and how things would have been if things have been done differently in the past... Would Nigeria really have been like Dubai, London or even South Africa...

The level of corruption in this country is just so mind blowing that I wonder if there's any other country in the world that's as corrupt as Nigeria

{of course I know Nigeria is not the most corrupt country in the world}

When I hear the average, common man blame the politicians for every problem the country is facing, I would only have to pity their ignorance of the power they themselves have... The politicians knows the kind of people they govern, hence that's why they toil with them... Just sell them some lies and they will digest it with ease...

No doubt, the problem Nigeria is facing today was caused by politicians and can only be solved by politicians... But not to forget that the people of this country has been the one supporting this politicians to continue with their evil agenda's against the development of this country...

Education, health and insecurity before economy problems, remains the biggest challenge we are facing in this country, and all these have been made possible by our past, present and perhaps future leaders...

If things like, maybe our politicians have seen the need to invest in our education, improve our health care, create enough room for employment by creating enabling environment for our youths to produce atleast 30% of what we do import into this country, just maybe our country would have been a better place, maybe economy and security problem could not have been this high today...

I guess greed, quest for power never made such happen... What's exactly is stopping Nigerian from production, why can't our leaders see the need to make things right...

That our politicians travel outside this country to get world class medical care, send their children abroad to get the best education... Is not the problem (cause u have to learn from others) the biggest problem is that not one of them has ever seen the need to bring those kind of development to Nigeria, is it a crime if Nigeria should have such education and health facilities and Nigerians benefit from it?

In a few months time we shall have a new president... And I personally do not have a candidate of my choice, cause my choice never made it to the final...

I guess the delegates are the only Nigerians here, the rest of us are all tenants

The general mindset of many Nigerians is that it's difficult for Nigeria to be like Dubai, and this is the mindset of over 50% of people that will cast their vote in 2023... Do u think if our politicians wants to end insecurity today, improve our health care and call off ASUU strike today they can't do it?...

Yes they can, but they won't cause the way the people reason is very poor, mentality of remaining slaves in their our country for the rest of their lives... As bad as it has been, I see no ending to the problem of insecurity in Nigeria anytime soon...

There are only two possible solutions to put Nigeria back on the right path...

One of which is sacrifice, the people should be ready to sacrifice their today for the betterment of the next generation... Say no to vote buying politicians or

secondly demand from whoever wants to be president compulsory and enforcement of education up to university level for every child, as I see this as the only way to change the the already decayed mindset of many Nigerians including the yet and soon to be born generations...

Nigeria and Nigerians is bigger than what it's getting right now, we have the resources, we claim we have no money but the little we have is being squandered... We can do it, we can bring good things to this country.

We just need right thinking Nigerians to be at the right place... May God help us to get it right this time, even though it's looking difficult but definitely not impossible... One love

(1) (Reply)

No Wailer In South East Will Ever Achieve What Buhari And Lawan Has Achieved In / If Tinibu? / Mr. Peter Obi, Call Your Supporters To Order, Falsehood And Disinformation Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.