Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,127 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (841) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (999944 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:40am On Apr 13, 2023
Hello

Whilst there are Uni's that shy away from people with past refusals, it is always best to declare your immigration history with both Uni and UKVI

Simply because if anything goes wrong and there is cause to request for a refund, it is easier to do so when there are no discrepancies in information provided between Uni and UKVI

Will some Uni's not accept applications because of past refusals -Yes, is it best to hide or lie in such situation- No. The number of Unis that will refuse such are a small fraction compared to the majority that will proceed regardless of past refusals and in some cases bans that have been fully served.

Cheers

LiftedMan:

@dduchess90, is this true?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 2:52am On Apr 13, 2023
Hello

It's always best to say the truth even if you can't remember.

You can put an approximate date
(If you say 16years ago you are looking at 2007) and in the comments/reasons/details say you don't remember the exact reasons, the dates are approximates and not precise and don't have a copy of the refusal.

Also if you didn't have issues at that time that would have resulted in a ban then refusals are usually generic like not enough evidence to show hometies etc

If your Uni doesn't proceed in giving you CAS move to the next Uni

With immigration details, keep it clean and truthful as much as possible

Cheers
Sard:
Please, someone should help me.
I'm answering a pre-cas questionnaire for a UK school.

They're asking if I have a visa refusal before.
I've one 16 years ago (Republic of Ireland). But the problem is that I don't know why or have any evidence of refusal. I can't even find the passport used then.

What should I do?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by solaiphones: 4:08am On Apr 13, 2023
Pyrimidine01:

Don’t declare your refusal to school! Don’t do it, they’ll refuse you cas, but make sure you declare to UKVI
This is not advisable always be honest

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nobody: 6:35am On Apr 13, 2023
Happiness09:
Good evening all,

To those who have applied and gotten their visa. If I claim that I am employed. Is there any chance that UKVI will demand to see the account statement where I receive salary?

Has anybody been asked to present account statement to prove that they are employed?

For students

Nobody knows anything about this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sard(m): 7:16am On Apr 13, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

It's always best to say the truth even if you can't remember.

You can put an approximate date
(If you say 16years ago you are looking at 2007) and in the comments/reasons/details say you don't remember the exact reasons, the dates are approximates and not precise and don't have a copy of the refusal.

Also if you didn't have issues at that time that would have resulted in a ban then refusals are usually generic like not enough evidence to show hometies etc

If your Uni doesn't proceed in giving you CAS move to the next Uni

With immigration details, keep it clean and truthful as much as possible

Cheers

All right. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habhidhemhii: 8:35am On Apr 13, 2023
Happiness09:
Good evening all,

To those who have applied and gotten their visa. If I claim that I am employed. Is there any chance that UKVI will demand to see the account statement where I receive salary?

Has anybody been asked to present account statement to prove that they are employed?

For students
If you have a study gap, say 5 years+, you may need to provide evidence/proof of what you've been doing all that time. That might include employment evidence etc. Your bank account statement where you receive salary may not be necessary. If they do ask for proof of employment or you feel inclined to provide it to support your application, most times, your employment contract might be sufficient.

I wouldn't worry if your study gap is less than 5 years.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by rajibay: 9:19am On Apr 13, 2023
Hi all,

I'd like to ask if a joint account can be used for POF (in MA and Dependent's name)

If the answer is YES, is there a need for MA to write a consent letter during application?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 13, 2023
habhidhemhii:
If you have a study gap, say 5 years+, you may need to provide evidence/proof of what you've been doing all that time. That might include employment evidence etc. Your bank account statement where you receive salary may not be necessary. If they do ask for proof of employment or you feel inclined to provide it to support your application, most times, your employment contract might be sufficient.

I wouldn't worry if your study gap is less than 5 years.

Okay, I have 10 years study gap. I've been working but stopped working 2 years ago. Before applying for admission, I was advised to close the employment gap. So my CV says that I'm still working. That's why I'm worried they might ask to see my salaries.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teetoh29: 10:12am On Apr 13, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Yes you can

1. You need to meet the usual requirements for spouse dependant visa i.e maintenance,IHS,visa and evidence to show your marriage/relationship is real

2. When you have to travel to other countries for study, she can apply for a Schengen visa if you want her to join you.

Cheers

Thank you for your response ma'am.

The university immigration team stated to me that the duration for the first semester and last semester in Reading is only for 6 month each and different cas will be issued to me at the beginning and ending of the course and that I am illegible to come with a dependent even though the course is 2 years and a full time course.

Please is there anything I can do?

And do you think I can still go ahead and apply for visa for my dependent and I?

I am so confuse right now.

Kindly respond @dduchess90 and other gurus
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habhidhemhii: 11:04am On Apr 13, 2023
Happiness09:

Okay, I have 10 years study gap. I've been working but stopped working 2 years ago. Before applying for admission, I was advised to close the employment gap. So my CV says that I'm still working. That's why I'm worried they might ask to see my salaries.
What have you been doing in the last two years?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Onikoyijnr: 12:46pm On Apr 13, 2023
Hi bro please do u know the current UBA form A debit date as at today
Sixfeetbelle:

UBA hasn't gotten to January yet. But definitely before April ends, you'll see debit. What date in January are you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 1:49pm On Apr 13, 2023
Hello

Yes unfortunately you can't bring your dependant because your time spent each session is just 6months , not longer and not up to 9months for conditions 1 or 2(see screenshot)

There's nothing you can do ,if you apply for your dependants visa he /she will be denied

Cheers
Teetoh29:

Thank you for your response ma'am.

The university immigration team stated to me that the duration for the first semester and last semester in Reading is only for 6 month each and different cas will be issued to me at the beginning and ending of the course and that I am illegible to come with a dependent even though the course is 2 years and a full time course.

Please is there anything I can do?

And do you think I can still go ahead and apply for visa for my dependent and I?

I am so confuse right now.

Kindly respond @dduchess90 and other gurus

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 1:50pm On Apr 13, 2023
Hello

1. yes

2. Yes you need a consent letter

Cheers
rajibay:
Hi all,

I'd like to ask if a joint account can be used for POF (in MA and Dependent's name)

If the answer is YES, is there a need for MA to write a consent letter during application?

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by rajibay: 1:55pm On Apr 13, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

1. yes

2. Yes you need a consent letter

Cheers

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LiftedMan: 2:20pm On Apr 13, 2023
Thanks for the clarification.

dduchess90:
Hello

Whilst there are Uni's that shy away from people with past refusals, it is always best to declare your immigration history with both Uni and UKVI

Simply because if anything goes wrong and there is cause to request for a refund, it is easier to do so when there are no discrepancies in information provided between Uni and UKVI

Will some Uni's not accept applications because of past refusals -Yes, is it best to hide or lie in such situation- No. The number of Unis that will refuse such are a small fraction compared to the majority that will proceed regardless of past refusals and in some cases bans that have been fully served.

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 13, 2023
fastseo:

my brother it is fast.. expect them to deduct u any moment. it is like no queue from ur branch or from union bank
hahahaha.. thanks Sir.. hummm ok oh if U say so.. am waiting
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Tybaks: 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2023
Good afternoon everyone, I got unconditional offer from Queen Margaret university Edinburgh.
I just want to ask if their cost of living is not too high and also jobs for international students.

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by orasam: 3:32pm On Apr 13, 2023
Onikoyijnr:

Co-asking too!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by switkera(f): 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2023
dduchess90:
Hello

Cheers

To add to this, below is from University of Hull. So I hope people who intend not to be truthful understand what dduchess90 is saying.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Amax86: 4:57pm On Apr 13, 2023
My agent is insisting that I do not declare to my school that I am going with my hubby and son. Please I am so worried that it might affect our visa application. He said if I declare it I would not get my CAS. Please can this be a problem for me and my dependents
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by daholiest(m): 4:59pm On Apr 13, 2023
Please how much is tuberculosis test now for IOM
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by orasam: 5:01pm On Apr 13, 2023
daholiest:
Please how much is tuberculosis test now for IOM

11yrs and above is #57,800 while below 11yrs is about #23,000
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2023
habhidhemhii:
What have you been doing in the last two years?
Have been in a fashion school
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mcleo007(m): 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2023
Happiness09:

I doubt they would demand for salary slips but then, 2yrs isn't long enough to raise dusts over. But if you can, ensure to close the gap on your CV, but be sure to make it as convincing as possible.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mcleo007(m): 5:35pm On Apr 13, 2023
Amax86:
My agent is insisting that I do not declare to my school that I am going with my hubby and son. Please I am so worried that it might affect our visa application. He said if I declare it I would not get my CAS. Please can this be a problem for me and my dependents

It won't and can't affect your application. I doubt they would refer to that, but should they, you could give a plausible reason like, at the time of applying to schools, you were undecided on whether to go alone or with your family, and that now, you have an informed decision on that. The declaration does not affect your CAS issuance to start with, its just a regular ask by the Unis.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Mcleo007(m): 5:36pm On Apr 13, 2023
Happiness09:

Have been in a fashion school

Then put that in your CV as an entrepreneurial venture.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Sixfeetbelle: 5:44pm On Apr 13, 2023
Onikoyijnr:

I heard 3rd abi 4th January. Not 💯 sure
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Amax86: 5:56pm On Apr 13, 2023
Thank you so much for your response
Mcleo007:

It won't and can't affect your application. I doubt they would refer to that, but should they, you could give a plausible reason like, at the time of applying to schools, you were undecided on whether to go alone or with your family, and that now, you have an informed decision on that. The declaration does not affect your CAS issuance to start with, its just a regular ask by the Unis.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (838) (839) (840) (841) (842) (843) (844) ... (1029)

Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.