Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects (8021 Views)

Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju / Lagos IGR rises by N32.99bn — higher than 33 states put together / Kano Rerun: Ganduje Embarks On Emergency Road Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by nathyx(m): 9:46am On Aug 09, 2022
50 billion spent on clearing refuse surely is a new record.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by tamdun: 9:51am On Aug 09, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Tinubu is spending the IGR on a fruitless political journey that will end in tears.

While hunger dey finish Agbadorians grin grin grin
Of all the tribes in Nigeria, na ur tribe dey migrate to Lagos pass, worst city to live in and yet ur people won't stop dreaming about it
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by DeleTaller: 9:53am On Aug 09, 2022
Bethel4Life:
Sanwolu has appeared for TV ooo

But one shaking hands grand pa never appear to tell us how he intends to Administer Nigeria

It's ok ooo

Auntie be calming down small small.... The governor has the responsibility to give us the Lagosians update and reports on what we elected him to do in the state.

However, Tinubu is just an aspirant seeking to become president and there is a time table by Inec that all genuine obedient citizens must follow...

September is the month for campaign so until then, Tinubu would not come out to grant interviews or campaigns for his course .

For now APC has employed spoke person in the name of Keyamo to represent all discussions concerning party and their candidate.

Thanks sis.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Moferere: 10:12am On Aug 09, 2022
Doyou2019:

grin grin grin
Oniyeye! He wants to see my tax clearance certificate. grin
Again, you just displayed the intelligence of a boy younger than 10; shifting away from the discourse and going personal, whilst throwing aimless tantrums about.
Try acting your age, omode yii..It doesn't hurt; trust me grin
Let us learn to conduct ourselves as responsible adults. No point acting like an idiot on a faceless forum. That only portrays you as uncivilized..
Just read again the nonsense you just posted about someone you don't even know. Are you more Oyo than I? Do you know me at all? Even my 7-year knows better than to think anyone who doesn't agree with him has to be from another ethnic group. .
Grow up, boy.

Ọmọ ibo dey claim Oyo.

Oríṣiríṣi. I won't dignify you with further response
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by 9iceprince(m): 10:41am On Aug 09, 2022
shiwex:
AND on Tinubu.....A lot of fools say Lagos is making this /that...compare Lagos to other cities like it, lagos is making nothing...

​1. Johannesburg (South Africa): $276 billion. ...
​Cape Town (South Africa): $155 billion. ...
Cairo (Egypt): $140 billion. ...
Lagos (Nigeria): $108 billion. ...
Durban (South Africa): $55 billion. ...
Nairobi (Kenya): $54 billion. ...
Luanda (Angola): $49 billion. ...
Pretoria (South Africa): $48 billion.

I can’t see Akwa or Umuahia there

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by blueAgent(m): 10:43am On Aug 09, 2022
50billion every month an yet Lagos is a Slum�
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Redpill1: 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2022
50 billion naira and Lagos neve get subway, it clearly shows that the money is not enough.
But wait o, shey the 50 billion naira na summation of all the IGR lagos earned since sanwo olu got in as governor?
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by PharmacyStore: 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2022
Very interesting explanation
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Panda7(m): 1:06pm On Aug 09, 2022
unless lagos wants to languish in debt with no progress, common things like waste disposal are taxed from the community or people living within the community as they are the ones producing the dirts else they won't be held to the responsibility
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Moses1111: 7:15pm On Aug 09, 2022
interested
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Shikini: 7:45pm On Aug 09, 2022
Moferere:
Money well spent.

If you are not OK with the explanation, go and ask Ikpeazu what he does with his IGR

Suffering and smiling
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:37am On Aug 10, 2022
rusher14:
If there are 650 fire fighters, at 30k per month, thats 19.5m on wages alone.
Of course, they earn more than 30k and doesn’t include float.
You people can defend nonsense. Let's assume they are being paid 150k per month which is not possible, that will be 100m per month out of 50bn yet you're buying that as if it's something to clap for.
I wonder what it is with you guys and seeing clear mismanagement and defending it.
I won't be surprised if you make it tribal next.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by rusher14: 6:39am On Aug 10, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

You people can defend nonsense. Let's assume they are being paid 150k per month which is not possible, that will be 100m per month out of 50bn yet you're buying that as if it's something to clap for.
I wonder what it is with you guys and seeing clear mismanagement and defending it.
I won't be surprised if you make it tribal next.

The problem is you imagine that is the final bill the state has to pay.

Who pays state civil servants including medical doctors?

Where does the money come from?

Just writing with the aim to reach a conclusion, not putting on your thinking cap.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:55am On Aug 10, 2022
rusher14:

The problem is you imagine that is the final bill the state has to pay.

Who pays state civil servants including medical doctors?

Where does the money come from?

Just writing with the aim to reach a conclusion, not putting on your thinking cap.
You're delving out of the matter entirely.
Put on your thinking cap.
The question put to him was what he does with Lagos IGR.
The response he gave was that he uses it for emergencies, then went on to mention employing 650 firemen, which is what I believe you based your calculations on.
Note that he didn't mention payment of civil servants including doctors. So that can be taken as a mistake on your part.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by rusher14: 6:58am On Aug 10, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

You're delving out of the matter entirely.
Put on your thinking cap.
The question put to him was what he does with Lagos IGR.
The response he gave was that he uses it for emergencies, then went on to mention employing 650 firemen, which is what I believe you based your calculations on.
Note that he didn't mention payment of civil servants including doctors. So that can be taken as a mistake on your part.

And you assume that's all it's used for?

C'mon now.

How do salaries of civil servants get paid?

What about projects?

How are they financed?

Even if they are through loans, what prompts the lenders to issue such loans if not your revenue?

Think and stop rushing to contradict.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:15am On Aug 10, 2022
rusher14:

And you assume that's all it's used for?

C'mon now.

How do salaries of civil servants get paid?

What about projects?

How are they financed?

Even if they are through loans, what prompts the lenders to issue such loans if not your revenue?

Think and stop rushing to contradict.

Oga it was a direct question that was asked the governor and he gave a direct answer.

So except you mean you know more than him on how the state is being run, I think it's safe to go with his explanations.

Besides, IGR is not the only revenue source of Lagos. Lagos gets federal allocation as well, and a certain percentage of VAT revenue based on collection strength.

So it may very well be that those other items you listed don't come under the needs IGR met

As far as the gov's response is concerned, you're adding to what he didn't say.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by rusher14: 7:24am On Aug 10, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

Oga it was a direct question that was asked the governor and he gave a direct answer.

So except you mean you know more than him on how the state is being run, I think it's safe to go with his explanations.

Besides, IGR is not the only revenue source of Lagos. Lagos gets federal allocation as well, and a certain percentage of VAT revenue based on collection strength.

So it may very well be that those other items you listed don't come under the needs IGR met

As far as the gov's response is concerned, you're adding to what he didn't say.

You are beating around the bush.

Simply because he said he pays for services does not mean that is all that is paid.

You wanted him to reel out a list of all the things that are paid for?

Some of you are incorrigible.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:34am On Aug 10, 2022
rusher14:

You are beating around the bush.

Simply because he said he pays for services does not mean that is all that is paid.

You wanted him to reel out a list of all the things that are paid for?

Some of you are incorrigible.
If he does not reel out a list of all he pays for, then may I ask how you get to know.

Except you're the state's accountant general or finance minister or a close aide to any of the two, I don't think you can know all that is paid with the IGR.

Heck, you won't even be able to differentiate when IGR is being spent and when federal allocation is being spent.

This is why we better go with the horse's mouth instead of your imaginations which are not based on any facts, just conjectures.

Note that Lagos is one of the most financially opaque states if not the most in Nigeria. So it's obvious you can't be talking from the realm of facts more than the governor
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by rusher14: 8:17am On Aug 10, 2022
Agboriotejoye:

If he does not reel out a list of all he pays for, then may I ask how you get to know.

Except you're the state's accountant general or finance minister or a close aide to any of the two, I don't think you can know all that is paid with the IGR.

Heck, you won't even be able to differentiate when IGR is being spent and when federal allocation is being spent.

This is why we better go with the horse's mouth instead of your imaginations which are not based on any facts, just conjectures.

Note that Lagos is one of the most financially opaque states if not the most in Nigeria. So it's obvious you can't be talking from the realm of facts more than the governor

Federal allocation that accrues to all states yet they all owe except for Lagos.

Save yourself the embarrassment.
Re: Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:30am On Aug 10, 2022
rusher14:

Federal allocation that accrues to all states yet they all owe except for Lagos.

Save yourself the embarrassment.
All states don't get same. Besides, Lagos also get special remit from VAT. Add that to federal allocation and you'll see Lagos gets good revenue from federal govt more than most states. As a matter of fact, the top five states earners from federal allocation which Lagos is among don't owe workers salaries.
So it's a fallacy to claim all states owe workers.
Try to get your facts correct.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Afenifere Disowns Statement Faulting Tinubu’s Supreme Court Victory / Only Political Jobbers, Ihedioha’s Domestic Staff Left - PDP / Goodluck Jonathan's Fashion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.