Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,796 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju (7560 Views)

Why Is Ogun IGR Bigger Than The Entire Southeast / Sanwo-Olu: Lagos IGR Is Spent On Emergency Management And Capital Projects / Lagos, Rivers, FCT, Ogun Earned More Than Other 33 States combined 2020-NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by abc115: 11:30am On Jul 11, 2019
Ogun IGR is more than the Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by yerokunphilips: 11:32am On Jul 11, 2019
This are the only set of people that I know that will contribute to the ECONOMY ,POLITICAL AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT of other people and will leave theirs unattended to . If they moved just 10% of their businesses in other parts of the country to state things will better ,if they criticized their governors 10% the way Apc government in the south west their state will be better than this .

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by OAUTemitayo: 11:38am On Jul 11, 2019
hmm
Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by ORIENTATION101: 11:45am On Jul 11, 2019
Igbosmoker:
Igbo people needs to start coming home to invest, I still can't explain why their igr is low but have less poorer citizens.
the answer is they don't pay tax. Don't let them fool you that Lagos tax is coming from their spare part business,or okirika, boutique business e.t.c.
Lagos and Ogun IGR is generated mainly from P.A.Y.E
Lagos state don't collect revenue from port activities cos that is one of the issues most of them get wrong.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Smithkafors(m): 11:50am On Jul 11, 2019
A
Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Nobody: 11:51am On Jul 11, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
the answer is they don't pay tax. Don't let them fool you that Lagos tax is coming from their spare part business,or okirika, boutique business e.t.c.
Lagos and Ogun IGR is generated mainly from P.A.Y.E
Lagos state don't collect revenue from port activities cos that is one of the issues most of them get wrong.
south west governors are heavily taxing the people in their region even pure water sellers aren't left out.

My question is, where is the money generated by the government?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by bastardmod: 11:57am On Jul 11, 2019

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Nwadiuto247: 11:59am On Jul 11, 2019
yerokunphilips:
This are the only set of people that I know that will contribute to the ECONOMY ,POLITICAL AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT of other people and will leave theirs unattended to . If they moved just 10% of their businesses in other parts of the country to state things will better ,if they criticized their governors 10% the way Apc government in the south west their state will be better than this .

Honestly you are right but the FG should open up the ports in the east.

Again the series of governors we ve had in the southeast over the years are so useless with the exception of few.

But then the average Igbo man provides almost every thing for himself- water, light, security, good road etc so he believes that nothing concern him about IGR. Its money for the politicians which they share among themselves

18 Likes

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by ORIENTATION101: 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
Igbosmoker:
south west governors are heavily taxing the people in their region even pure water sellers aren't left out.

who is pure water seller or spare part seller paying tax to ? south west region has more to cater for regards to the pressure on the infrastructures due to influx from other regions. If sanwolu or other southwest governor start deporting fugitives roaming about causing nuisance you will still call them out.

15 Likes

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Nwadiuto247: 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2019
Igbosmoker:

By the way, is it not the same Ogun state that can't pay salaries? Lagos that has high igr is rated worst city in the world. Thieves politicians are the ones enjoying the igr.

This is also my point.

The average igbo man doesnt care about IGR because it goes in the pockets of politicians so whats the point labouring for an IGR that will end up in the pockets of some individual.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Ofemannnu: 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2019
Igbosmoker:

Pure water sellers etc pay levies not taxes.The SW mostly get their taxes through PAYE.If all non- Yorubas in the SW are adequately taxed,the SW will be stupendously richer than all African countries.
I went to Oshogbo last week and spent 3 days and I was greatly impressed of the great positive turn around Aregbesola gave that now lovely city.
I think Lagos state and co should learn from Aregbesola.Osun state is indebted but we can see ( I saw these by touring Osun state) the massive positive turn around.Lagos is the most indebted state in Nigeria but has little or nothing to show for it.I pity my Lagos.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by overall90: 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2019
they have started again.
same thing was said about Osun state some years ago before breeze blow and opened fowl nyash.

8 Likes

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2019
Every Yoruba, no matter how educated or exposed they are, deep on their heart reason like an Afonja. They may pretend but if you are patient, it will come out.

They hide under One Nigeria with gross marginalization of SE and SS, with aid of their Ibadsn expressway media to claim they are doing well, deceiving you. They forge stats to fool you, just like they claim they are the most educated but every stats yr by yr prove its SE follow by SS.

34 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Afospecialk: 12:58pm On Jul 11, 2019
Igbosmoker:
Igbo people needs to start coming home to invest, I still can't explain why their igr is low but have less poorer citizens.

By the way, is it not the same Ogun state that can't pay salaries? Lagos that has high igr is rated worst city in the world. Thieves politicians are the ones enjoying the igr.

The most miserable trible in the world never see anything good in Lagos yet thats the state where 60% of your miscreants IPOB making a living

If not for SS the whole Nigerdelta ar irrelevant

Yu want to hav ur empty Biafra ? To hell with it as yu guys can't survive without SS

Ogun states IGR can actually finance all ur SE for a year

Most u fortunate cheastbheat Iyanmiri

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Harlem2(m): 12:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
uduak2016:
Every Yoruba, no matter how educated or exposed they are, deep on their heart reasonable time like an Afonja. They may pretend but if you are patient, it will come out.

They hide under One Nigeria with gross marginalization of SE and SS, with aid of their Ibadsn expressway media to claim they are doing well, deceiving you. They forge stats to fool you, just like they claim they are the most educated but every stats yr by yr prove its SE follow by SS.

Guy this comment is sily

10 Likes

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Afospecialk: 1:05pm On Jul 11, 2019
uduak2016:
Every Yoruba, no matter how educated or exposed they are, deep on their heart reason like an Afonja. They may pretend but if you are patient, it will come out.

BTW Afonja and Ojukwu who led over 1 millions of fools like yu to their early massacred untimely death yu should berry ur head in shame

The statistics report is not suitable to enemy of progress bcs yu always espect all govnr to shares kerosine every 4 years as ur miserable govnr do

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by overall90: 1:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
uduak2016:

you dey mind them.
all these tales are planted in the media for a purpose.
check any time there is a serious national issue calling the exitense of one Nigeria into question,that is when you start seeing all these rubish.
they did it when the avengers were blowing up pipe lines,you start seeing fabricated tales about Lagos oil,now nobody is talking about lagos oil again.
during the height of IPOB agitation,this same nonsense about IGR was all over the place but when recession came calling,we know the people that whole world was donating food and relief materials to.
and now with the issue of RUGA threatening the corporate existence of this shit whole ,they have started againg with IGR.
but we know that all these are borne out of fear from people who know that the day Nigeria breaks up will be the beginning of doom for them.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by celeiyke: 1:15pm On Jul 11, 2019
This data is false
Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Harlem2(m): 1:23pm On Jul 11, 2019
overall90:

you dey mind them.
all these tales are planted in the media for a purpose.
check any time there is a serious national issue calling the exitense of one Nigeria into question,that is when you start seeing all these rubish.
they did it when the avengers were blowing up pipe lines,you start seeing fabricated tales about Lagos oil,now nobody is talking about lagos oil again.
during the height of IPOB agitation,this same nonsense about IGR was all over the place but when recession came calling,we know the people that whole world was donating food and relief materials to.
and now with the issue of RUGA threatening the corporate existence of this shit whole ,they have started againg with IGR.
but we that all these are borne out of fear from people who know that the day Nigeria breaks up will be the beginning of doom for them.

Keep deceiving ya self
grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Blue3k(m): 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2019
Ofemannnu:

Pure water sellers etc pay levies not taxes.The SW mostly get their taxes through PAYE.If all non- Yorubas in the SW are adequately taxed,the SW will be stupendously richer than all African countries.
I went to Oshogbo last week and spent 3 days and I was greatly impressed of the great positive turn around Aregbesola gave that now lovely city.
I think Lagos state and co should learn from Aregbesola.Osun state is indebted but we can see ( I saw these by touring Osun state) the massive positive turn around.Lagos is the most indebted state in Nigeria but has little or nothing to show for it.I pity my Lagos.

Igbosmoker:

Nobody is heavily taxed in Nigeria on state level in my opinion. I think 5-10% tax to GDP ratio adequate for most service delivery. The debt to GDP ratio alright but debt to revenue is inadequate. States spend too much on debt servicing. States should cut waste, expand tax base and use funds well it's simple.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Blackfire(m): 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
Dick measuring thread.....

Shiooooor
Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by izombie(m): 3:11pm On Jul 11, 2019
Who cares. If e dey pain una make we divide nigeria so that south east will not be enjoying oguns IGR. Nonsense.

6 Likes

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Odingo1: 3:16pm On Jul 11, 2019
Yoruba and IGR, yet they cant pay salaries in Ogun, always hiding under one Nigeria, tell them to have their own country and you will see them crying like baby, let Biafra be, they will cry and cry, nawaoooo

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Solsix(m): 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2019
Igbosmoker:

Igbos don't wait for govt to do anything for them, that the reason why the poverty rate is low, but they don't pay tax. Imagine Onitshaalone have several markets yet the IGR of Anambra is shameful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by fykes(m): 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2019
I saw a post up there saying the troubled northeast has better igr than southeast... I bet he has never lived in northeast. These people have light atleast 18hrs a day yet they don't pay for light. .electricity tarrif in the northeast and southeast are poles apart. Not to talk of the sort of money in aids and government intererventions from all over the world.
I am doing a project with ecwa church in Yobe state now, I travel the northeast and people u will be surprised and wonder what Boko Haram has been killing here.
The whole northeast trouble story is a business and cashcow for this people.. It's not for nothing that borno state had almost 45governorship aspirants in Apc paying millions for nomination forms

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by fykes(m): 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2019
Solsix:

Igbos don't wait for govt to do anything for them, that the reason why the poverty rate is low, but they don't pay tax. Imagine Onitshaalone have several markets yet the IGR of Anambra is shameful
Why should u pay tax? What does the government do for u to demand taxes? Come to the north and see how serious the government take the masses. Roads are topnotch, local contractors are involved in projects, people are on well defined and functioning scholarships... Job opportunity to communities .every rep, senator is expected to at least employ 3 people from each LG to Abuja. And u are talking about taxes when youths in the communities still repair roads and build bridges...
You don't pay bail here or find police or road safety checkpoints.
People in South east are not even enjoying these country a bit. But that's just thanks to the resilient spirit. After living in d north, u will understand that there are different rules for North and southern nigeria

6 Likes

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by AKswift: 3:59pm On Jul 11, 2019
The SE political administrators need to act proactively and creatively in shoring up revenue derivations internally. If each state should act independently based on the touted restructuring agenda, most SE states would have a difficult time funding key infrastructures. They need to implement a transparent and effective revenue collection vehicle and broaden its base, too. It’s sad to hear state like imo is issuing executive order for a TSA, something which is almost a common place in the west.
Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Arda1000(m): 4:26pm On Jul 11, 2019
Afospecialk:

The most miserable trible in the world never see anything good in Lagos yet thats the state where 60% of your miscreants IPOB making a living

If not for SS the whole Nigerdelta ar irrelevant

Yu want to hav ur empty Biafra ? To hell with it as yu guys can't survive without SS

Ogun states IGR can actually finance all ur SE for a year

Most u fortunate cheastbheat Iyanmiri
grin they can finance your A## with IDP camps and their 80 percent beggers and 15 percent living below one dollar a day.

No wonder u guys fellow the 5 percent politicians looking for aims while boasting of the stupid IGR

2 Likes

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Tajbol4splend(m): 4:51pm On Jul 11, 2019
Igbosmoker:

Bros who did the rating
Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Anambralstson: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2019
Funny people

3 Likes

Re: Ogun IGR Is More Than The Whole South East States Combined - Deji Adeyanju by Anambralstson: 5:04pm On Jul 11, 2019
Blue3k:

Nobody is heavily taxed in Nigeria on state level in my opinion. I think 5-10% tax to GDP ratio adequate for most service delivery. The debt to GDP ratio alright but debt to revenue is inadequate. States spend too much on debt servicing. States should cut waste, expand tax base and use funds well it's simple.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Modestus Nwankpa: Nigeria Will Explode Under An Okorocha Presidency / Nigeria Needs Bold, Courageous Leader Like Tinubu — Folarin / NDLEA Stages Walk Against Drug Abuse And Trafficking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.