Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Nigerias Celebrity Polygamist Marries 91st Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerias Celebrity Polygamist Marries 91st Wife (1236 Views)

Polygamist Or Not? / A Polygamist Raped To Death By His Six Wives. / Muslims Sentence Nigerian Polygamist To Death For Polygamy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerias Celebrity Polygamist Marries 91st Wife by aloyemeka2: 2:10am On Aug 04, 2011
[size=14pt]Bello Abubakar Masaba, famous polygamist, marries 91st wife, divorces 21[/size]

Celebrated polygamist and Islamic cleric, Pa Abubakar Masaba, on Monday said he had divorced 21 out of his 86 wives over indiscipline.

[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=images/pa_bello_abubakar_masaba_772834645.jpg&size=article_small[/img]
Pa Bello Abubakar Masaba

The Punch, had three years ago broken the news of the then 84 years old man having 86 wives. But today Masaba, who is from Bida, headquarters of Bida Local Government Area of Niger State, at 87, married his 91st wife, Fatimah Abubakar, on Friday in the town.

Masaba said the marriages collapsed due to acts of indiscipline, denying the allegation that the women were divorced for embracing western medicine.

He said, "I am a law abiding citizen, so I have never prevented health officials from immunising my children or those with me against child-killer diseases.

"If I refuse to use western medicine, it is because of my spiritual belief and the way Allah has been working with me. I bear no hatred or animosity against anybody who takes it."

Fatima corroborated Masaba's claim on the wedding, insisting that it was divine.

"To be frank with you, I was fascinated by Baba's character, humility and behaviour. He is a great philanthropist and a man that is always ready to assist fellow human beings, irrespective of tribe, race or religion. He is my dream of a man, he takes perfect care of his wives and other people living with him," she stated.

Investigations by our correspondent revealed that the officiating of the wedding between Masaba and 32-year-old Fatimah was presided over by Alhaji Shehu Lemu.

The octogenarian, who spoke in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Monday, described the marriage as divine.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/top-stories/106167-bello-abubakar-masaba-famous-polygamist-marries-91st-wife-divorces-21.html
Re: Nigerias Celebrity Polygamist Marries 91st Wife by aloyemeka2: 12:08pm On Aug 04, 2011
Time to castrate this old fool.

(1) (Reply)

Post Your Child/children Dancing Step/skills / The Family's Black Sheep / My Fiancé Treats Her Son Badly.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.