Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,253 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:19 AM

Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop (29366 Views)

N500m ‘Largesse’: I Received ₦266M - Senator Abaribe / National Assembly Security Fought For Zulum’s Largesse, Not DSS / Ephraim Ebebe, PDP Ward Chairman In Akwa Ibom Attacked With Acid By Masked Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by EBMedia: 1:44pm On Aug 10, 2022
....I’ve been consistent with payment of salaries for over 7years - Gov Ayade

By Ike Uchechukwu, Calabar

The Catholic Bishop of Uyo Diocese, John Ebebe Ayah, has explained why he ‘rejected’ Governor Ben Ayade’s largesse during a Thanksgiving mass held on Sunday in Calabar.

During the mass which was held at the St. Patrick’s Catholic, Ikot Ansa, Calabar, Bishop Ayah subtly shunned the irresistible ‘whispered package’ of the governor to the bewilderement of the congregation and everyone else in church.

This took place at the thanksgiving mass for Justice Emmanuel Agim Akomaye, who was recently promoted to the rank of Judge of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

Vanguard learned that Gov. Ayade who was special guest of honour, was invited to make a donation in support of the church’s 2022 harvest unveiling.

The governor made a donation of N25 million on behalf of the state government, his family and the judiciary.

“You are our pride, the pride of Cross River North, the son of the soil, Bishop John Ayah, I will whisper my package to you later.

In his response the Bishop told the governor that he wants to express himself while acknowledging that he was his brother from Northern Cross River.

“I want to talk. The governor is my brother, we are both from Cross River North. I want to appreciate the governor and tell him to package whatever he has for me, add to it and use it to pay the salaries of the workers,” Bishop Ayah said.

Vanguard gathered that the Bishop received thunderous ovation from the congregation and everyone which took minutes to die down.

A parishioner who spoke with Vanguard under anonymity said Gov. Ayade immediately went back to the podium to defend himself .

He explained that salaries of the workers was ready adding that his administration has been faithful, consistent in the payment of salaries for well over seven years.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/why-i-rejected-ayades-largesse-catholic-bishop/amp/

Below is a video that captured the moment the Bishop rejected the donation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeSyhsH1Sck

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7274108/pastor-rejects-governor-ayades-25m

21 Likes

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by Cantonese: 2:30pm On Aug 10, 2022
Very very resounding from the Bishop.

When they campaign for political positions, they give all forms of promises, including prompt payment of salaries. They accuse the previous administrations of embezzlement, greed and deliberate refusal to pay workers salaries. Once they achieve political success, they begin the story.

The governor had the audacity to owe workers salaries and yet gave public and whispered donations of such huge sums.

Dem for take the same APC broom flog am comot from the church.

200 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by JAMO84: 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2022
Before I praise the Bishop, I will check if the governor is actually owing workers.

197 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by Cantonese: 2:36pm On Aug 10, 2022
JAMO84:
Before I praise the Bishop, I will check if the governor is actually owing workers.

“ A parishioner who spoke with Vanguard under anonymity said Gov. Ayade immediately went back to the podium to defend himself .

He explained that salaries of the workers was ready adding that his administration has been faithful, consistent in the payment of salaries for well over seven years”.

So you did not read the above?

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by SmartPolician: 2:39pm On Aug 10, 2022
Governors of Cross River and Abia States prove that you can have the highest level of education in the world but still make a bad leader.

A good leader must have empathy - that's where good leadership starts from.

149 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by afbstrategies: 2:42pm On Aug 10, 2022
shocked
Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by Ballzproblemm: 2:42pm On Aug 10, 2022
correct bishop,

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by IboHausaYoruba: 2:42pm On Aug 10, 2022
Wow! So we still have great men of God like this on earth. I am just speechless. On the other hand, I wish he had collected the lump sum and redistributed same to the less privileged in the state. This money as being rejected would be siphoned by this same Ayade and his urchins. It is a loss to the church and less privileged general populace.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by LaSenior: 2:43pm On Aug 10, 2022
wink grin

All these young governors keep disappointing

Talk More of an old agbado and cassava

90 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by John389(m): 2:43pm On Aug 10, 2022
THE RISE OF OBIDIENTS

Nigerians will make Nigeria Great again... No more cowardly acts cos of peanuts. The only chance we have to make things right is 2023 General Elections and we must get it right this time.

17 Likes

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by floss(m): 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2022
Ok
Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by Moferere: 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2022
See finish oooo grin grin grin

195 Likes

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2022
Is the governor really owing salary or the priest just dey catch cruise?

Although, I'll rather believe the priest than the governor

7 Likes

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by Racoon(m): 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2022
Nice one! Don't sell your conscience if you got one.

5 Likes

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by nkem1992: 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2022
The bishop is obedient

8 Likes

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by EJEHSON(m): 2:44pm On Aug 10, 2022
Highly commendable from the Catholic bishop. This can only happen in the Catholic Church

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by iCauseTrouble: 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2022
grin
Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by DrChukki: 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2022
H
Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by OgbanjeProphet: 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2022
Ogbanje bishop wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by Franchise21(m): 2:45pm On Aug 10, 2022
OK
Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by toprealman: 2:46pm On Aug 10, 2022
JAMO84:
Catholic church bishops are workers. They DO NOT see a single dime in their parish.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by Chizzychinny: 2:46pm On Aug 10, 2022
I know it will be difficult for a pastor to do that but that doesn't mean we still don't have good ones.

7 Likes

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by meeketta: 2:46pm On Aug 10, 2022
They should hang that bishop two gold medal on his neck. He is a winner

24 Likes

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by bestman09(m): 2:46pm On Aug 10, 2022
angry
If it's Mbaka now, he will collect it and even tell the governor that God told him to go for a third term!

33 Likes

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by Aahblinkstone: 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2022
Mbaka just left the group chat ��

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by Pavore9: 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2022
Well done, Padre.

3 Likes

Re: Ebebe Ayah: Why I Rejected Ayade’s Largesse – Catholic Bishop by Megabig: 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2022
Salary was ready does not mean he has paid, last Sunday was 7th so he ought to have paid for July, saying July salary was ready means he hasn’t paid till August 7th, workers are to earn their salaries at least between 27th to 29th of each month.

The bishop did well, most Nigerians do not know what good governance is, so when you say it, it’s like rocket science to them

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Demolishes Dan Anyiam Plaza In Owerri (Photos) / Ihedioha Renames Jacob Zuma Road Owerri After Mbazuluike Amaechi / Lagos PPRO To Rufai: I Don't Want To Believe You Spread Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.