Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,841 members, 7,831,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers (41602 Views)

Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Bows, Hosts King Wasiu Ayinde Marshall And Wife In London / Kayan Mata Will Give You Cancer, Death – Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns / Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 6:33pm On Aug 16, 2022
tonicyril:
Isaiah 43:21 The people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise.
The people whom Isaiah refers to are the People of Israel, of whom you are not one.
41 “I don’t want praise from you or any other human.
42 But I know you—I know that you have no love for God.
43 I have come from my Father and speak for him, but you don’t accept me. But when other people come speaking only for themselves, you accept them.
44 You like to have praise from each other. But you never try to get the praise that comes from the only God. So how can you believe? - John 5 vs 41 - 44
Listen and hear what Jesus Christ tells you. undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 6:36pm On Aug 16, 2022
Niklaus398:
You again? You are simply an Antichrist.
I guess God also didn't command David to sing and dance or he never appreciated the children of isreal singing and dancing on no their way out of Egypt?.
I shall wonder for you. Talking nonsense.

Even the Christ said the Angels of God are constantly Praising him. That is singing too.
God did not call you according to the same Law(and commands) He did David or any of the people of Israel. He called you instead to obey Jesus Christ. Stop this delusion of yours where you compare yourself with those who are not even of the same Kingdom or Covenant! undecided

43 I have come from my Father and speak for him, but you don’t accept me. But when other people come speaking only for themselves, you accept them.
44 You like to have praise from each other. But you never try to get the praise that comes from the only God. So how can you believe? - John 5 vs 41 - 44
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Papichulostunne(m): 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Well, according to Jesus Christ, those who belong to Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments, no those who reject His teachings so they can instead follow their own ideas. undecided
Dude get off my "mention"..nn
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 6:37pm On Aug 16, 2022
sylve11:
grin grin cool
That is the truth though! grin
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2022
Rafiquie:
You identify religiously as a Jehovah's witness right?
I don't associate with any of your numerous denominations or groups, nor do I bow to any of the doctrines and traditions of men that comprises your churches and assembly halls. I am instead a follower of Jesus Christ, and of Jesus Christ alone. undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2022
GoodIsGod:
Blabbing
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by GoodIsGod: 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
[center][/center]

Blabbing still.

It is only Jesus who can say all that. Because He knows all things.
It is not for any other human to judge another especially when you call on the God. Jehovah.

Jesus thought you and I not to be judgmental on anyone calling on Jehovah. Wether you believe they are serving Him or not.
That was the essence of the illustration of the man praying in the temple pointing to someone else praying saying "I am not like that sinner over there. I am holy. I fast bla bla bla"

Don't be a robot. You don't have to wait for the Watchtower guys to understand the Bible. It is written in s language you can understand..

Use your brain bro.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tonicyril: 7:00pm On Aug 16, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
The people whom Isaiah refers to are the People of Israel, of whom you are not one.
Either me or not(of which i am part) God sha said that the people He Himself made should praise Him

Isn't it??
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 7:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
tonicyril:
Either me or not(of which i am part) God sha said that the people He Himself made should praise Him Isn't it??
Well, Jesus Christ also said no need for your praises.
So, do you do as Jesus Christ commands? Or do you do what God instead told the people of Israel to do? You cannot serve two masters here.... either you belong to the Kingdom of God or you belong to the Land of Israel... which one? undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 7:08pm On Aug 16, 2022
GoodIsGod:
Blabbing still.
It is only Jesus who can say all that. Because He knows all things. It is not for any other human to judge another especially when you call on the God. Jehovah.

Jesus thought you and I not to be judgmental on anyone calling on Jehovah. Wether you believe they are serving Him or not.
That was the essence of the illustration of the man praying in the temple pointing to someone else praying saying "I am not like that sinner over there. I am holy. I fast bla bla bla"

Don't be a robot. You don't have to wait for the Watchtower guys to understand the Bible. It is written in s language you can understand..
Use your brain bro.
Do that in bold abeg....

As for what you are rambling on about judging for... Jesus Christ told you that you should judge everything according to the standard which He gave to you - God's New Covenant - meaning your very life is to be founded on the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, not on the doctrines and traditions of men and their many churches and assembly halls. So I don't know why you are having a hard time with obeying HIm. undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Emperordynasty: 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Jesus Christ never asked you to glory Him. The reason He installed His own Spirit aka the Spirit of Truth, the one you call the Holy Spirit inside of those who are His followers - those who obey His commandments is in order that all glory is His whenever the Spirit works through His followers. So, when Jesus Christ Jesus Christ told you that He does not want your praises, He meant it. undecided
I don’t want to be rude to you..
By now u should be sick of all these..cuz everyone is,
Go and find God for yourself and know him personally instead of being a watchdog to those who have a proof filled Christian testimony

I guess it’s time you graduated from Knowing God only through arguing scriptures and written words, to know him in spirit and in truth

I don’t see were God Commanded us to argue all our life till the last day

Besides I didn’t read all you wrote..cuz I have in the past tried to read somethings you write and they always ended up the same way..invalid and misinterpreted
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by GoodIsGod: 7:19pm On Aug 16, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Do that in bold abeg.... Listen and hear what Jesus Christ tells you. undecided

As for what you are rambling on about judging for... Jesus Christ told you that you should judge everything according to the standard which He gave to you - God's New Covenant - meaning your very life is to be founded on the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, not on the doctrines and traditions of men and their many churches and assembly halls. So I don't know why you are having a hard time with obeying HIm. undecided

Watchtower Robot you are the one that should use your brain. I don't base my beliefs on any pastor's or bishop's conclusion on Biblical matters. I use my brain. Because it is written in a language I understand. grin
You are the one that must believe every Watchtower claims and beliefs.
Use your brain grin

Zombie.

If the 8 "wise men" at Watchtower don't send you weekly Awake magazine you can't read the Bible and come to conclusions on what the Bible says.

Use your God given brain. grin

Watchtower remote controlled Robot.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by DJInfluence: 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2022
What arrogance!!!

If I were a member of that choir I'd resign asap
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by McLizbae: 7:29pm On Aug 16, 2022
This na ignorant question. You dey read Bible? Wait self, you know Bible if you see one?
Kobojunkiee:
Where in scripture did God order this so-called worship you do in your churches? undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 7:35pm On Aug 16, 2022
McLizbae:
This na ignorant question. You dey read Bible? Wait self, you know Bible if you see one?
If you have in fact read scripture yourself, then you shouldn't have any problems responding, right? So, Where in scripture did God order this so-called worship you do in your churches? undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 7:39pm On Aug 16, 2022
Emperordynasty:
I don’t want to be rude to you.. By now u should be sick of all these..cuz everyone is, Go and find God for yourself and know him personally instead of being a watchdog to those who have a proof filled Christian testimony
I guess it’s time you graduated from Knowing God only through arguing scriptures and written words, to know him in spirit and in truth
I don’t see were God Commanded us to argue all our life till the last day
Besides I didn’t read all you wrote..cuz I have in the past tried to read somethings you write and they always ended up the same way..invalid and misinterpreted
This is the trap that is paying attention to just soundbites rather than actually listening to God's Truth from God's own mouth to you. undecided

Jesus Christ said that those who know Him are those who continually submit to and obey His teachings and commandments. These are the ones who are called Sons of God - John 8 vs 31 - 35 and they are those who worship God in Truth and in Spirit. undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 16, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
No he is not. He spoke honestly given that he is aware those songs are meaningless when all is said and done. They are not commanded by God and as such are not of God. They also serve as a way of deluding you, the followers of these men, into believing that the emotional highs you get from time to time singing those songs have something to do with God. undecided

If you are in my state, here is what i would have done to you.

Pay your salary and buy you a bear and free 1 month food for what you just said.

1 Like

Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tonicyril: 8:12pm On Aug 16, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Well, Jesus Christ also said no need for your praises.
So, do you do as Jesus Christ commands? Or do you do what God instead told the people of Israel to do? You cannot serve two masters here.... either you belong to the Kingdom of God or you belong to the Land of Israel... which one? undecided
Lol, sebi u re intelligent ooh grin grin

Dont start from verse 41, bring out the precedent verses pls..

Jesus said He doesn't want praise from those who did not love God, and not the other way round

1 Like

Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tctrills: 9:20pm On Aug 16, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
No he is not. He spoke honestly given that he is aware those songs are meaningless when all is said and done. They are not commanded by God and as such are not of God. They also serve as a way of deluding you, the followers of these men, into believing that the emotional highs you get from time to time singing those songs have something to do with God. undecided
These pastors sometimes feel they own the world. They lack courtesy and gratitude. The choir sacrifices their time, money, and effort but because he doesn't feel entertained, he shuts them down. How much of the offering goes to the choir? Monkey dey work baboon dey chop.
It's high time pastors begin to pay their choir. If the pastor gets paid for ministering, the choir should also get paid.
Secondly, who tells the pastor to shut up when his sermon is boring? Are we now allowed to tell the pastor to shut up when we are not feeling his sermon?
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by freemi(m): 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
It isn't everything that I do daily that I ascribe the Name of Jesus Christ to. I only do that which Jesus Christ commands in the Name of Jesus Christ since it is only that which we have been given permission by Him to do in His name that we are supposed to. undecided
na only u understand wetting u d talk
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by freemi(m): 10:15pm On Aug 16, 2022
tonicyril:

Jesus said He doesn't want praise from those who did not love God, and not the other way round
abeg leave that guy he's in a small circle
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tonicyril: 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
freemi:
abeg leave that guy he's in a small circle
she's a girl/woman actually

1 Like

Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Ken4Christ: 11:56pm On Aug 16, 2022
Kobojunkiee:

Stopping his choir mid way is not the issue but the language he used. Let's call a spade a spade. If they leave the church to join another church, he will spend more energy trying to get them back unless they are being held by strange powers.

And you know churches who do that. People keep following no matter what you do. Even if they catch their pastor on a woman, they will still follow. Such members are not in their normal senses.

Pastors must learn how to value and treat people well no matter how highly placed you are. Our Lord Jesus never abused his own disciples. He corrects them in love.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 12:22am On Aug 17, 2022
tonicyril:
Interesting twist on what is stated. So exactly where in the context below do you find Jesus Christ instead asserting that only those who love Him can praise Him? undecided
31 “If I tell people about myself, they cannot be sure that what I say is true.
32 But there is someone else who tells people about me, and I know that what he says about me is true.
33 “You sent men to John, and he told you what is true.
34 I don’t need anyone to tell people about me, but I remind you of what John said so that you can be saved.
35 John was like a lamp that burned and gave light, and you were happy to enjoy his light for a while.
36 “But I have a proof about myself that is greater than anything John said. The things I do are my proof. These are what my Father gave me to do. They show that the Father sent me.
37 And the Father who sent me has given proof about me himself. But you have never heard his voice. You have never seen what he looks like.
38 The Father’s teaching does not live in you, because you don’t believe in the one the Father sent.
39 You carefully study the Scriptures. You think that they give you eternal life. These same Scriptures tell about me!
40 But you refuse to come to me to have that life.
Please go ahead and educate up by pointing out exactly this exception you claim of that which Jesus Christ said exists in the context of the passage above. undecided
Feel free, to reference other scripture where Jesus Christ asserts this claim of yours abeg. undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 12:27am On Aug 17, 2022
tctrills:
These pastors sometimes feel they own the world. They lack courtesy and gratitude. The choir sacrifices their time, money, and effort but because he doesn't feel entertained, he shuts them down. How much of the offering goes to the choir? Monkey dey work baboon dey chop.
It's high time pastors begin to pay their choir. If the pastor gets paid for ministering, the choir should also get paid.
Secondly, who tells the pastor to shut up when his sermon is boring? Are we now allowed to tell the pastor to shut up when we are not feeling his sermon?
Who tells a business owner to shut up? No be customer wey know him right fit do that? These Churchians are submitted as slaves almost to their pastors and mogs who they regard as holy men and so anything goes. The same choristers will be back again next time around to try to impress him with the music he prefers. grin
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 12:27am On Aug 17, 2022
freemi:
na only u understand wetting u d talk
Ignorance is not bliss you know? undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tctrills: 1:22am On Aug 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Who tells a business owner to shut up? No be customer wey know him right fit do that? These Churchians are submitted as slaves almost to their pastors and mogs who they regard as holy men and so anything goes. The same choristers will be back again next time around to try to impress him with the music he prefers. grin
Too bad but not all pastors or churches are like that.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tonicyril: 5:24am On Aug 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Interesting twist on what is stated. So exactly where in the context below do you find Jesus Christ instead asserting that only those who love Him can praise Him? undecided
Please go ahead and educate up by pointing out exactly this exception you claim of that which Jesus Christ said exists in the context of the passage above. undecided
Feel free, to reference other scripture where Jesus Christ asserts this claim of yours abeg. undecided
That ur quote, read it very well from 38 upward nd see the reasons Jesus said so.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Hassanmaye(m): 6:08am On Aug 17, 2022
Hahahhahahaha
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by freemi(m): 6:26am On Aug 17, 2022
tonicyril:
she's a girl/woman actually
lols. Ok
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by freemi(m): 6:26am On Aug 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Ignorance is not bliss you know? undecided
u have started again, which kind yeye quote b this one? Abeg keep m for ground o
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Rafiquie: 6:53am On Aug 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I don't associate with any of your numerous denominations or groups, nor do I bow to any of the doctrines and traditions of men that comprises your churches and assembly halls. I am instead a follower of Jesus Christ, and of Jesus Christ alone. undecided

grin grin grin at the end of the day, you still manage to sound like a person from the Jehovah's witness Church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Clergyman Flogs His Members On Their Butt During Church Service (Photo, Video) / People Rolled On The Floor At Apostle Johnson Suleman's Church Service (Photos) / The Meaning Of "The Violent Takes It By Force" In Matthew 12:11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.