Stats: 3,156,833 members, 7,831,700 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers (41600 Views)

Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Bows, Hosts King Wasiu Ayinde Marshall And Wife In London / Kayan Mata Will Give You Cancer, Death – Pastor Ibiyeomie Warns / Why Is Dating Common Among Church Choristers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by vinceyinnovation: 7:53am On Aug 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I am not a Churchian nor am a Jehovah witness. undecided

Oh sorry! (My bad) that means you are a Confusionist by religion. You dey cause confusion everywhere with your threads and comments.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 2:05pm On Aug 17, 2022
tctrills:
Too bad but not all pastors or churches are like that.
Every single last one of them is like that. Jesus Christ warned His followers against wolves in sheep's clothing for good reason. undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tctrills: 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Every single last one of them is like that. Jesus Christ warned His followers against wolves in sheep's clothing for good reason. undecided
He also warned that you judge not. I know pastors who give and not recieve
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2022
tonicyril:
That ur quote, read it very well from 38 upward nd see the reasons Jesus said so.
I did read it well, and I am afraid I don't see where in that context Jesus Christ insinuates that He wants praise from only those who are His followers in that entire context. So, be more specific in your explanation. Where did Jesus Christ make this exception you claim?
31 “If I tell people about myself, they cannot be sure that what I say is true.
32 But there is someone else who tells people about me, and I know that what he says about me is true.
33 “You sent men to John, and he told you what is true.
34 I don’t need anyone to tell people about me, but I remind you of what John said so that you can be saved.
35 John was like a lamp that burned and gave light, and you were happy to enjoy his light for a while.
36 “But I have a proof about myself that is greater than anything John said. The things I do are my proof. These are what my Father gave me to do. They show that the Father sent me.
37 And the Father who sent me has given proof about me himself. But you have never heard his voice. You have never seen what he looks like.
38 The Father’s teaching does not live in you, because you don’t believe in the one the Father sent.
39 You carefully study the Scriptures. You think that they give you eternal life. These same Scriptures tell about me!
40 But you refuse to come to me to have that life.
41 “I don’t want praise from you or any other human.
42 But I know you—I know that you have no love for God.
43 I have come from my Father and speak for him, but you don’t accept me. But when other people come speaking only for themselves, you accept them.
44 You like to have praise from each other. But you never try to get the praise that comes from the only God. So how can you believe? - John 5 vs 41 - 44
Is it before or after declaring He does not want praise from any Human? undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2022
tctrills:
He also warned that you judge not. I know pastors who give and not recieve
I am not the one who judges here... they were judged by the words of Jesus Christ from over 2000 years ago. I simply repeat what Jesus Christ Himself stated. undecided

By the way, Jesus Christ commands His followers to judge all things according to the standard He has set up - God's New Covenant. So surely you see why you need to hold everything up against the standard that is Jesus Christ, particularly all that which claims to be of HIs Him, right? undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 2:10pm On Aug 17, 2022
vinceyinnovation:
Oh sorry! (My bad) that means you are a Confusionist by religion. You dey cause confusion everywhere with your threads and comments.
I don't think I am the source of your confusion since all I do is tell you exactly what Jesus Christ said. So what confuses you is Jesus Christ, not me. undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tonicyril: 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I did read it well, and I am afraid I don't see where in that context Jesus Christ insinuates that He wants praise from only those who are His followers in that entire context. So, be more specific in your explanation. Where did Jesus Christ make this exception you claim?
Is it before or after declaring He does not want praise from any Human? undecided
what i am saying, "quoting what Jesus said" is simple... Wen u dont do my will, dont bother to praise me..

That is all
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 2:17pm On Aug 17, 2022
tonicyril:
what i am saying, "quoting what Jesus said" is simple... Wen u dont do my will, dont bother to praise me..
That is all
The thing about God is you don't have the authority to make up your own ideas and then pin it on Him. He is the Law and it is what He says that goes. So, where is this claim of yours to be found in the context below or anywhere in scripture for that matter? undecided
31 “If I tell people about myself, they cannot be sure that what I say is true.
32 But there is someone else who tells people about me, and I know that what he says about me is true.
33 “You sent men to John, and he told you what is true.
34 I don’t need anyone to tell people about me, but I remind you of what John said so that you can be saved.
35 John was like a lamp that burned and gave light, and you were happy to enjoy his light for a while.
36 “But I have a proof about myself that is greater than anything John said. The things I do are my proof. These are what my Father gave me to do. They show that the Father sent me.
37 And the Father who sent me has given proof about me himself. But you have never heard his voice. You have never seen what he looks like.
38 The Father’s teaching does not live in you, because you don’t believe in the one the Father sent.
39 You carefully study the Scriptures. You think that they give you eternal life. These same Scriptures tell about me!
43 I have come from my Father and speak for him, but you don’t accept me. But when other people come speaking only for themselves, you accept them.
44 You like to have praise from each other. But you never try to get the praise that comes from the only God. So how can you believe? - John 5 vs 41 - 44
Jesus Christ said He does not want praise from those who do not believe in Him, nor from any human. However, you claim instead that Jesus Christ said there that He only wants praises from those who do His will. Where is this written? undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tonicyril: 2:27pm On Aug 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Where is this claimed by you implied, is what I am asking you to point out. undecided
Again, where in scripture is that which you continue to insist is the message of Jesus Christ to be found either in this context or any other context? Show us where it is written. undecided

What are u arguing, i dont even understand ur stance again laidis grin grin

U said it was not in the bible that God requested us to praise him, isnt that wat u said??

And i provided u a verse which countered ur claim, shebi??

Now u said Jesus said He does not need our praise by quoting the only verse without showing us the precedent verses which led to Him sayin so.

Then i asked u to show us the other verses leading to the verse, u showed us and i pointed it out to u that He was only talking about how we rejected Gods in our doings and still want to be offering praises.

Paul in the book of romans said and i quote that can we remain in sin and have grace abound?? No. Which led to me telling u that if u love God and do His will, then u re required to praise Him, if u despise God and stand filthy before Him, then u need to purge ursef before offering some praises unto Him. Hey!! Ur filthy praises are not needed if u dont make ur ways upright before Him.

If it was wen i was so deep in bible ni, i would have argued much with u, but now i am more of gentile, i dont even go to church again regularly talk more of reading my bible, if not i would have loved to engage u till one if us get tired.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 2:32pm On Aug 17, 2022
tonicyril:
What are u arguing, i dont even understand ur stance again laidis grin grin
U said it was not in the bible that God requested us to praise him, isnt that wat u said??
And i provided u a verse which countered ur claim, shebi??
Please pay attention and stop trying to deviate! undecided

Again, You boldly claimed that Jesus Christ, the Law in the Kingdom of God, who declared that He does not desire praise from you(those who do not do His Will), or any human, instead meant that He wanted praise only from those who do His will. So my question remains, where did Jesus Christ in fact say what you claim since nothing in the context provided alludes to that? undecided
Where does this claim of yours come from? undecided

The below image is of the greek writings of John 5 vs 41 and it clearly shows Jesus Christ meant what He said there, which you claim is false, how come? undecided

Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tctrills: 3:23pm On Aug 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
I am not the one who judges here... they were judged by the words of Jesus Christ from over 2000 years ago. I simply repeat what Jesus Christ Himself stated. undecided

By the way, Jesus Christ commands His followers to judge all things according to the standard He has set up - God's New Covenant. So surely you see why you need to hold everything up against the standard that is Jesus Christ, particularly all that which claims to be of HIs Him, right? undecided
No you just judged calling all pastors the same. You don't know all pastors so it's judgemental to all about all pastors.

Here are your very words
Every single last one of them is like that. Jesus Christ warned His followers against wolves in sheep's clothing for good reason.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by MICHEALADEX(m): 6:23pm On Aug 17, 2022
Kobicove:
This incident happened at a practice session but bloggers have blown it out of proportion undecided

Are you ok?

Oh he's also rehearsing his own preaching too with them?
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2022
MICHEALADEX:
Are you ok?

Oh he's also rehearsing his own preaching too with them?
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy wink wink wink wink wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 7:04pm On Aug 17, 2022
tctrills:
No you just judged calling all pastors the same. You don't know all pastors so it's judgemental to all about all pastors.

Here are your very words
Every single last one of them is like that. Jesus Christ warned His followers against wolves in sheep's clothing for good reason.
Again... I am not the judge here. The Words of Jesus Christ from over 2000 years ago are what condemn them all as false teachers and false prophets. He told you that He alone is the good Shepherd, meaning everyone else who asserts himself a shepherd is a liar. undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tctrills: 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Again... I am not the judge here. The Words of Jesus Christ from over 2000 years ago are what condemn them all as false teachers and false prophets. He told you that He alone is the good Shepherd, meaning everyone else who asserts himself a shepherd is a liar. undecided
Now you are being a false witness. Jesus condemned all false teachers he never said all preachers are false. So you claiming that every one of them is in it for the money makes you a false witness against Christ.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 11:36pm On Aug 17, 2022
tctrills:
Now you are being a false witness. Jesus condemned all false teachers he never said all preachers are false. So you claiming that every one of them is in it for the money makes you a false witness against Christ.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tctrills: 11:50pm On Aug 17, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
You don't understand the words of Christ and you don't have the spirit of Christ so you don't know a false or a true prophet.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkiee: 12:03am On Aug 18, 2022
tctrills:
You don't understand the words of Christ and you don't have the spirit of Christ so you don't know a false or a true prophet.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tctrills: 1:06am On Aug 18, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
He never said everyone else is a liar nor did he say he is the only shepherd. He commanded Peter to feed his sheep so clearly, he isn't the only shepherd.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tctrills: 1:11am On Aug 18, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Ephesians 4:11-13
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkie: 1:46am On Aug 18, 2022
tctrills:
He never said everyone else is a liar nor did he say he is the only shepherd. He commanded Peter to feed his sheep so clearly, he isn't the only shepherd.
You need to use your head in these things abeg! undecided

In John 10 vs 1 - 16, Jesus Christ declared that He is The Good Shepherd, insisting that everyone everyone are merely workers. What does that tell you of anyone who comes brandishing the claim that he or she is a shepherd as well? undecided

Peter, like every other person who is a follower of Jesus Christ, is a worker. And all workers are instructed to feed the sheep and take care of the sheep if they are to have any hope for Heaven. Not a single place in the gospel did Jesus Christ in fact call Peter as a shepherd to anyone. So that claim is not only a lie but against Jesus Christ. undecided

How many The Good Shepherds are there in the Kingdom that you belong to? undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkie: 1:48am On Aug 18, 2022
tctrills:

Ephesians 4:11-13
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
Jesus Christ has nothing to do with that since He clearly told His followers that He alone is Teacher, Leader, Helper, Shepherd over them all. undecided

And Paul, the one who supposedly wrote that letter is known to have been a pharisee, which may explain why he suggested roles be assigned much like it is found in God's Old Covenant Law of Moses - among those of the tribe of Levi. But God's New Covenant is nothing like the Old Covenant and there are no special people in the Kingdom of God as all are called to do the exact same work. undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tctrills: 7:16am On Aug 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ has nothing to do with that since He clearly told His followers that He alone is Teacher, Leader, Helper, Shepherd over them all. undecided

And Paul, the one who supposedly wrote that letter is known to have been a pharisee, which may explain why he suggested roles be assigned much like it is found in God's Old Covenant Law of Moses - among those of the tribe of Levi. But God's New Covenant is nothing like the Old Covenant and there are no special people in the Kingdom of God as all are called to do the exact same work. undecided
Your point is that Paul is a faud and a liar
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tctrills: 7:19am On Aug 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You need to use your head in these things abeg! undecided

In John 10 vs 1 - 16, Jesus Christ declared that He is The Good Shepherd, insisting that everyone everyone are merely workers. What does that tell you of anyone who comes brandishing the claim that he or she is a shepherd as well? undecided

Peter, like every other person who is a follower of Jesus Christ, is a worker. And all workers are instructed to feed the sheep and take care of the sheep if they are to have any hope for Heaven. Not a single place in the gospel did Jesus Christ in fact call Peter as a shepherd to anyone. So that claim is not only a lie but against Jesus Christ. undecided

How many The Good Shepherds are there in the Kingdom that you belong to? undecided
Jesus Christ did not instruct all workers to feed his sheep. He instructed Peter thrice. Jesus Christ by commanding Peter to feed his sheep simple means Peter is a shepherd. It's the job of the shepherd to feed sheep.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tctrills: 7:22am On Aug 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:

if he alone is the leader and helper, he wouldn't have told Peter to feed his sheep. He wouldn't have needed Peters help. He wouldn't have told his followers to preach his gospel, he would have done it by himself. He wouldn't have called Apostles and set them apart. And he told them that they would do greater works than he.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tctrills: 7:56am On Aug 18, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
According to you, Jesus Christ condemns Paul, Peter and all his other apostles who were also teachers. They are also liars. Remember, it was the apostles of Christ that appointed pastors, elders, teachers and so forth in the Church. So you are saying that the entire Apostleship is a scam.
Let's just say, I would rather believe Christ and his apostles than believe you.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkie: 9:17am On Aug 18, 2022
tctrills:

Jesus Christ did not instruct all workers to feed his sheep. He instructed Peter thrice. Jesus Christ by commanding Peter to feed his sheep simple means Peter is a shepherd. It's the job of the shepherd to feed sheep.
Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46. If you don't feed His sheep, and you don't take care of His sheep, you will never enter into Heaven. undecided

Stop interpreting what is written and instead begin to learn from that which He taught instead. undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkie: 9:18am On Aug 18, 2022
tctrills:

Your point is that Paul is a faud and a liar
I am not called as a witness for what are Paul's opinions but instead for the Truth of God, Jesus Christ. You decide who you will serve. undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkie: 9:20am On Aug 18, 2022
tctrills:
if he alone is the leader and helper, he wouldn't have told Peter to feed his sheep. He wouldn't have needed Peters help. He wouldn't have told his followers to preach his gospel, he would have done it by himself. He wouldn't have called Apostles and set them apart. And he told them that they would do greater works than he.
That statement makes no sense at all. A Master who has many servants whom He possesses can command His workers to feed and care for His other servants. He made this known in parable and in clear speech. undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by Kobojunkie: 9:25am On Aug 18, 2022
tctrills:

According to you, Jesus Christ condemns Paul, Peter and all his other apostles who were also teachers. They are also liars. Remember, it was the apostles of Christ that appointed pastors, elders, teachers and so forth in the Church. So you are saying that the entire Apostleship is a scam.
Let's just say, I would rather believe Christ and his apostles than believe you.
I am not called as a witness for Paul but instead for Jesus Christ. If Paul is whom you serve, that is fine by me. All I can tell you however is that which is the Truth of God, Jesus Christ , from all that claimed by men. undecided
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tctrills: 10:34am On Aug 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am not called as a witness for Paul but instead for Jesus Christ. If Paul is whom you serve, that is fine by me. All I can tell you however is that which is the Truth of God, Jesus Christ , from all that claimed by men. undecided
You are not a witness for anyone. Did you see Jesus. How can you witness for someone you did not see. You only know what those that witnessed him told you.
Re: You Are Boring Me To Death – Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Shuts Down Choristers by tctrills: 10:36am On Aug 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
That statement makes no sense at all. A Master who has many servants whom He possesses can command His workers to feed and care for His other servants. He made this known in parable and in clear speech. undecided
A person who takes care of sheep is called a shepherd. If Christ instructed Peter to feed his sheep, he made him a shepherd. Or do you have you personal definition of a shepherd?
Matthew 10:5-6
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
Jesus commanded his Apostles to feed his sheep and to find his lost sheep. Please can you define a shepherd?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Clergyman Flogs His Members On Their Butt During Church Service (Photo, Video) / People Rolled On The Floor At Apostle Johnson Suleman's Church Service (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90