Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year (16569 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Fuel Pump Price Rises To 800 CFA In Benin Republic – KPMG’ / Reactions Trail ‘Drop’ In Cooking Gas Price / Cooking Gas Price Drops, Supply Rises, FG Projects Further Decrease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by divinehand2003(m): 7:16am On Aug 16, 2022
•Experts want country’s refineries fixed.

The price of household cooking gas known as Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) rose by over 100 per cent year-on-year, the latest report from the Nigeria Bureau of Statistics (NBS) has revealed.

On a month-on-month basis, the average retail price for refilling a 5kg Cylinder of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (Cooking Gas) according to the report, increased by 7.57 per cent.

According to NBS price watch data for June 2022, the commodity’s price increased from N3,921.35 recorded in May 2022 to N4,218.38 in June 2022.

This implies a 103.93 per cent increase from June 2021 when a 5kg gas was sold for N2,069.

The report on state profile analysis said Adamawa recorded the highest average price for refilling a 5kg Cylinder of cooking gas with N4,650, followed by Gombe with N4,566 and Niger with N4,540.

On the other hand, Zamfara recorded the lowest average price with N3,700 during the period, while Yobe and Kano had N3,820 and N3,875 respectively.

“In addition, the North-Central recorded the highest average retail price for refilling a 5kg cylinder of LPG with N4,378.95, followed by the North-East with N4,301.48, while the North-West recorded the lowest with N3,994.57,” the report added.

Similarly, the Bureau stated that the average retail price for refilling a 12.5kg cylinder of cooking gas rose by 8.70percent on a month-on-month basis from N8,726.30 in May 2022 to N9,485.91 in June 2022.

insecurity. This is supposed to be a boom time for all countries that have crude oil or gas. The nations that are suffering are those without crude oil or gas.

“Cooking gas is a product of crude oil, during crude oil refining one of the product to come out is LPG. In the case of Nigeria, we produce crude oil but we don’t refine it internally, even in a family, you must first of all be able to feed your family before you think of outsiders but in the case of Nigeria we cannot refine products internally and now that the price of crude oil is very expensive, they sell to refiners who will refine at higher prices, then Nigeria will go and buy at a higher price and when they bring here, we will be complaining. There is no reason why LPG, kerosene, PMS, or diesel should be expensive”

On his part, Chinedu Ukadike, Spokesperson of the Independent Petroleum Marketers Association of Nigeria (IPMAN) stated that the various initiatives of the government to deepen gas utilisation increased the demand for gas.

His words: “NNPC also came up with programmes to deepen gas utilisation, the autogas, LPG, etc so a lot of people converted to gas use including their generators so the demand for cooking gas became higher. On that ground what determines price is the factor of demand and supply.”

He urged the Federal Government to declare a state of emergency on the refineries saying: “Short time solution is for FG to declare a state of emergency on our refineries and ensure that the refineries are working, fix pipeline refineries and also encourage modular refineries. Also, build new state-of-the-art refineries with modern technology.”
https://tribuneonlineng.com/cooking-gas-price-rises-by-over-100-per-cent-year-on-year/

3 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by divinehand2003(m): 7:17am On Aug 16, 2022
How much is cooking gas in your area? I bought 12.5kg N9800 a week ago.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by robinso01(m): 7:23am On Aug 16, 2022
Thanks to sai Bubu. May we not see another buhari again, because the worst thing than can happen to a nation is buhari.

Since the hike in price, na person hot temper I dey use cook beans now.

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Wintertime: 7:28am On Aug 16, 2022
Imagine some people can talk of gas but when a certain group says Lagos State is a no man's land they get infuriated but the crude resources is any of them mine from your land

Fools

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Obyangel: 7:28am On Aug 16, 2022
grin

May something like APC and Buhari type of leadership never happen to Nigerians again.
Time to be Obidient and Yusuful please

104 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by TastyFriedPussy: 7:28am On Aug 16, 2022
Make them no worry, we go leave their cooking gas for them make them dey drink am by their self.. Na to begin cook with charcoal now be the next thing..

But seriously, I feel for any creative mind in Nigeria, right now is the time to come up with a much more cleaner, efficient, and safer way of cooking with charcoal. Something like a neat, portable stove that runs on charcoal.. If I had the funds, I would have definitely invested into a factory that builds such, with locally sourced minds and manpower. Just to ease the suffering of Nigerians and make some serious money.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by slawomir: 7:28am On Aug 16, 2022
Damnnn niggar

850 naira down here in Benin city sapele road to be precise

And a sane person still wants to campaign for Apc

Too bad.....getting ready to leave this country if Apc should win

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by 5iine: 7:28am On Aug 16, 2022
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by dynicks(m): 7:28am On Aug 16, 2022
And here we are laying pipeline straight to Europe!! grin

That hand playing Kalo Kalo with the destiny of this country must be a very strong hand!!....choi!!

10 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by inoki247: 7:28am On Aug 16, 2022
we don dey use to it....

And we still dey plan to export wetin we the citizen are buying for high rate...

I just know 2023 no magician go enta the lamentation will continue.....

5 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by crossfm: 7:28am On Aug 16, 2022
Hehehe.

This was the change they promised us.

A very shameless, useless and clueless government. The fact that APC still have the guts to be campaigning in Nigeria baffles me.

Kick APC out if power now before they kill us all.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by ekukeku(m): 7:29am On Aug 16, 2022
I cooked just onece per day now
Eat small in d morning & later in d evening to finished d remaining one just to save my gas & my food.
Buhari u r doing well o

9 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by NwaNimo1(m): 7:29am On Aug 16, 2022
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by geogrev(m): 7:29am On Aug 16, 2022
This means a 103.93 per cent increase from June 2021 when a 5kg gas was sold for N2,069 seriously
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Oduduwa707: 7:29am On Aug 16, 2022
All of una never see anything... Shey you talk say una craze abi? Una dey go support una oppressors... kontinu... grin

101 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Machalla(m): 7:29am On Aug 16, 2022
It is like this Buhari government don't wants people to eat. . .
Every policy, their actions and inactions are just anti-people

Why do we even have to pay this much for gas that we have in abundance as God given natural resources?.
Who do us this thing shocked

I remembered in just 2019 I use to buy 1kg of gas for as low as 250/300.

3 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Ancecoker(m): 7:29am On Aug 16, 2022
grin
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by OgaDeyVex: 7:29am On Aug 16, 2022
Nawa o
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Jamesbiodun(m): 7:29am On Aug 16, 2022
1000 naira

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Jimmythewise: 7:29am On Aug 16, 2022
When bad leaders are in power the people suffer

5 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Warldbest(m): 7:29am On Aug 16, 2022
Enjoy your change
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Judolisco(m): 7:30am On Aug 16, 2022
I jst pity the next president... Buhari well done o

3 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by sylve11: 7:30am On Aug 16, 2022
The price of Gas, Kerosene and Diesel is soaring high on daily basis.

This is not time for prayers for a good leadership, it's time to act as citizens with the right attitudes to get a good leadership. cool

3 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Royle4: 7:30am On Aug 16, 2022
Continue.

Instead Obi will not win this election, let Tinubu win.

I don't like we've suffered enough though.

First half has passed. Second half has passed.

We need extra time.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by strangest(m): 7:30am On Aug 16, 2022
APC has totally destroyed the country....

Same APC is asking us to vote APC so they can rescue us from APC

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by victorazy(m): 7:30am On Aug 16, 2022
dynicks:

grin
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by SmartPolician: 7:31am On Aug 16, 2022
dynicks:

Yes, it's a good decision. We need that USD to stabilise our economy. Other countries are moving away from crude oil and are increasingly depending on gas. The good thing is that we have natural gas in abundance.

If Nigeria doesn't expand her FX earnings, $1 may hit 1k before Buhari leaves office. I think the problem of this government is that their media team doesn't explain all this to Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by crytohunter: 7:31am On Aug 16, 2022
600 we buy
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by tillaman(m): 7:31am On Aug 16, 2022
That’s right

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by clarocuzioo(m): 7:31am On Aug 16, 2022
Another achievement of the Buhari administration. Buhari is a calamitous disaster. Buhari is not qualified to be a whatsapp group administrator much more ruling a complex Nation like Nigeria.

The most annoying thing is Tinubu who foisted the disaster on hapless Nigerians has promised to continue from where Buhari stopped.

His only manifesto is EMILOKAN

God forbid BAT thing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Realtalk20: 7:31am On Aug 16, 2022
Obyangel:
grin

May something like APC and Buhari type of leadership never happen to Nigerians again.
Time to be Obidient and Yusuful please

Wallahi

2 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Danny50: 7:32am On Aug 16, 2022
Presently in ph 950 per kilo

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari’s Wife Not A Political Tout Like Mrs Jonathan – Campaign Team / Ondo 2016: Inec Rules Out Fresh Apc Primary / Reps Take Delivery Of N3.6bn Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.