Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,613 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:14 AM

People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? (3292 Views)

"Four People That Could Tear Nigeria Apart In 2016" - GreenNews.Ng / "Blame Northern-Nigeria Muslim Elites For Boko Haram" - Bishop Matthew Kukah / “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? by buzugee(m): 1:37pm On Aug 05, 2011
are these the nigerian elites ? or do most nigerians do this as a past-time ?
Re: People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2011
thats not only in Nigeria but ALL OVER THE WORLD!
Re: People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 05, 2011
buzugee:

Mainly because horses can be very expensive to buy and maintain. Compare that to a soccer ball.
Re: People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? by tpia5: 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2011
Polo isnt a poor man's game.
Re: People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? by olaolabiy: 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2011
buzugee:

Yes, they are.

In the 90s, Dapo Ojora said his horses were imported from Argentina and that 50, 000 was the cost of feeding each of these horses. I mean mid 90s. One must be very rich to do this.
I also read that beautiful Nigerian girls used to flock those venues especially the one somewhere on the Island, Lagos. Mohammed Babaginda and other thieves were members

Even in the UK, one young Kuku (of the Kuku family and a British soldier now), is a polo-playing friend of prince William. All over the world, polo players are rich, privileged or  royal.

Tpia, how are you?
Re: People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? by tpia5: 5:01pm On Aug 06, 2011
^^managing as usual, thanks for asking.

are we familiar with each other?

anyway, who was dapo ojora. Never heard the name and he seems to be rich.
Re: People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? by olaolabiy: 5:41pm On Aug 06, 2011
tpia@:

^^managing as usual, thanks for asking.

are we familiar with each other?

anyway, who was dapo ojora. Never heard the name and he seems to be rich.

I'm just an admirer, Tpia. Maybe an e-lover sef. wink

Back to topic:
Yeah, the popular Ojora family, Tpiah
Re: People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? by stormm: 4:57am On Aug 07, 2011
OP,

We need to make a distinction here, there are some players who are just players and there are some players who not only play but also invest in the game-own clubs, sponsor teams, procure horses, tend and groom the horses. Players like Dawule Baba while not removing from his pedigree is not your A-list millionaire but a first rate polo player and probably the most capped polo player in Nigeria. Whereas the owner of Abraka Polo Club, Prince Albert Esiri is an investor and also a player a, +2 handicap.

1 Like

Re: People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? by tpia5: 5:48am On Aug 07, 2011
@ akin akinbiyi

which one be e lover.

Diidnt you hear my last romp with a nler made some c.retins post the video online.
Re: People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? by olaolabiy: 12:25pm On Aug 07, 2011
tpia@:

@ akin akinbiyi

which one be e lover.

Diidnt you hear my last romp with a nler made some c.retins post the video online.

Tpiah, I want more than a romp. And, no video allowed. I mean I want a for-better-for-worse affair, dear.

Think about that. I mean well.

LOL @ Akin Akin. You tried sha.
Re: People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? by tpia5: 4:24am On Aug 08, 2011
^^oh, cool.

let me just check to see who are your other wives on nl first before i pull a mercy johnson.
Re: People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? by buzugee(m): 10:54am On Aug 08, 2011
ahhhh i am enlightened. thanks yall. the reason i asked this question is because i stumbled onto a site with lots of nigerians playing horse polo in nigeria. the horses looked very healthy, the uniforms of the jockey looked nice, they had the knee high boots etc etc. the whole thing just looked like it would cost money to get it together.
Re: People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? by olaolabiy: 1:09pm On Aug 08, 2011
tpia@:

^^oh, cool.

let me just check to see who are your other wives on nl first before i pull a mercy johnson.
You are the one that I want, Tpiah. Forget 'other wives'.

You are the bee's knees.
Re: People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? by olaolabiy: 1:11pm On Aug 08, 2011
buzugee:

ahhhh i am enlightened. thanks yall. the reason i asked this question is because i stumbled onto a site with lots of nigerians playing horse polo in nigeria. the horses looked very healthy, the uniforms of the jockey looked nice, they had the knee high boots etc etc. the whole thing just looked like it would cost money to get it together.
Buzugee don hammerrrrr.

You are now a polo player.

No abandon me foe Agege market o
Re: People That Play Horse Polo In Nigeria ? Are They The Elites ? by tpiadotcom: 6:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
buzugee:
are these the nigerian elites ?

Yes

or do most nigerians do this as a past-time ?

No.

(1) (Reply)

See Tinubu Jubilating After Aregbe Was Declared Winner / Good News: Boko Haram Commander Shekau Has Been Killed / Original From Achives ,buhari List Of Appointees While In Government.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.