Stats: 3,154,667 members, 7,823,885 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

“The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out (8026 Views)

Biafra: ‘why Igbo Elites Are Tight-lipped Over Kanu’s Ordeal’ / Osinbajo Is My Problem -Jonathan Cries Out In Secret Meeting / Young People Bring Glory To Nigeria But Old People Cause Problems - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

“The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by sammy329(m): 12:27pm On Nov 06, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday lambasted the country's elite, saying they are the problems of Nigeria.

Mr Jonathan stated this at the palace of the Emir of Hadejia and Chairman Jigawa state Traditional Council, Alhaji Adamu Ababakar Maje, when he paid the royal father a courtesy call.

The President who is on a two-day official visit to Jigawa state was treated to a grand Durbar after he landed in an helicopter at the Hadejia township stadium.

He said, "I am grateful for the reception given to me right from the stadium up to the grand Durbar that was organized for me. Jigawa is my second home after Bayelsa. I was well-received by Jigawa people during my campaign and I promised to be back.

The level of people that turned out to welcome me today shows that we are one in Nigeria and we love each other. It is the elites that are causing the problems in the country using poor peoples' children to fight while their own children are protected.

Jigawa has been relatively peaceful and I thank the Governor for his effort in maintaining peace in the state. I thank the Emir for the honor and reception"

He said his transformation agenda was on course, adding that improved power supply and issues of peace and security were his priority.

In his speech, Jigawa State Governor Sule Lamido expressed delight and appreciation to Mr Jonathan, noting that he was the first President to have visited Hadejia Emirate.

Lamido assured the number one citizen that the Government and people of Jigawa State will stand by him in his bid to improve the lives of Nigerians.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=57254
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by jigawatts(m): 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2012
FIRSTO TO COMMENTO ...... I too sabi Spanish abeg grin grin cool
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by Akanbiedu(m): 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2012
Politics 101.

Lamido played this well by arranging a crowd to welcome Mr. President, I won't be surprised if he paid them.

Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by Horus(m): 4:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday lambasted the country's elite, saying they are the problems of Nigeria.

Not only the elite, everyone is responsible. The Government in Nigeria is the innocent mirror of the nation. The quality of government and its leaders, is simply a reflection of the collective consciousness of all the people in Nigeria. In some instances, leaders who came to power as the champions of anti-corruption have themselves been charged with being involved with levels of corruption even more serious than those of their predecessors. If the collective consciousness in Nigeria is disintegrated and negative, and people are not behaving in accord with Natural Law, then problems and corruption will be an unavoidable phenomenon of government. If, on the other hand, the collective consciousness in Nigeria is positive, integrated, and coherent, then the government will not be influenced by any negativity. If the people in Nigeria wish to be protected from corruption in government, then they must create an integrated collective consciousness. Positivity and harmony should be so strong and dense in national consciousness that negative influences cannot penetrate it.

Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by banki(m): 5:36pm On Nov 06, 2012
Jonathan was right the elites are the problems in Nigeria! The Elites made him vice president and subsequently made him president, and yes he is a part of the elite in nigeria.... in other words He is part of the problems in Nigeria

Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by tevinsolt: 6:47pm On Nov 06, 2012
before nko?
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by dayokanu(m): 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
Mr Retardeen Jonathan and who are these elites?

Are they not your friends, sponsors and Godfathers

Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2012
banki: Jonathan was right the elites are the problems in Nigeria! The Elites made him vice president and subsequently made him president, and yes he is a part of the elite in nigeria.... in other words He is part of the problems in Nigeria
You took the words right out of my mouth. The same elites are his allies.
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by Wsdm: 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2012
'The elites' ... In which you are not part of? Helicopter to and from the stadium . A jigawa that is so 'save' can not be moved upon by road.

Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 06, 2012
if elites are d problem.den wat is jonathan? unelites? or inelites
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by slap1(m): 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2012
Most of this man's statements shows that his politics should still be at the local government level. "THE ELITES ARE NIGERIA'S PROBLEM. . ." what a 'discovery'! Mtscheewww!

Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
The problem with Nigeria really is "US"; We The People... we simply sat back and watched, we hesitated as our rights were slowly chipped away little by little until we became so docile mentally and physically, all that was left is to accept mediocrity, accept abnormalities, accept lies, accept corruption, accept illiterate leaders and accept our dire conditions - once in a long while a voice of vision comes out to stand up to these Elites, we simply give a thumbs up and cheer him on and abuse as usual. When 1 man has the guts to stand up and fight, we (the cowards) should recognized that this is our cue to join in and add more spine. This is when we all fail and come to Nairaland to make comments. 1 man cannot do it alone. national change has come about by everyone sharing the same ideals and following it through come what may.

Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by ABUGEORGE(m): 7:08pm On Nov 06, 2012
Na wetin let me tire for d man be dis, e go dey form say e dey speak english which me i no say na d english dey put am for problem. D more u try to defend urself d more u implicate urself. U think say na only u go skul, i wonder how u reason at times jonathan, u made speech has if people who are readin it are dull like you. U just pissed me off d way u talk. U dont know u're insultin us includin urself. Go rest for shit make people see road. U're a failure, i dont want to talk more.

Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2012
Shut up sir cuz you are the head of this plutocratic society you are condemming . angry angry
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by owobokiri(m): 7:12pm On Nov 06, 2012
If you are that sure they are the problem, then DEAL RUTHLESSLY with them and stop whining all over the place hoping against hope that they will stop if they are not stoped.
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by mmmustapha(m): 7:16pm On Nov 06, 2012
grin grin grin jonah boy don blow bomb, boy d way who brought u to vp n finally president
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by SamAfrik(m): 7:24pm On Nov 06, 2012
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by SamAfrik(m): 7:25pm On Nov 06, 2012
What does this 'elite' mean sef? SA just overtook Brazil as d most unequal society & they do not use such words to classify themselves.
Naija & classing sha! Elite ko tennisi ni.
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by DANILSA(m): 7:26pm On Nov 06, 2012
THE PART I LIKE MOST IS USING THE POOR CHILDREN WHILE THEIR CHILDREN ARE ABROAD angry sad U SAID MY MIND
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by OYINBOGOJU(m): 7:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
The Elite are also called Boko Haram

You are one of them uncle Jona.
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by gwas(m): 7:29pm On Nov 06, 2012
GEJ is telling Nigerians indirectly that he is the problem of Nigeria.

Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by Orikinla(m): 7:41pm On Nov 06, 2012
I agree.
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by oderemo(m): 7:48pm On Nov 06, 2012
The problem with Nigeria really is "US"; We The People... we simply sat back and watched, we hesitated as our rights were slowly chipped away little by little until we became so docile mentally and physically, all that was left is to accept mediocrity, accept abnormalities, accept lies, accept corruption, accept illiterate leaders and accept our dire conditions - once in a long while a voice of vision comes out to stand up to these Elites, we simply give a thumbs up and cheer him on and abuse as usual. When 1 man has the guts to stand up and fight, we (the cowards) should recognized that this is our cue to join in and add more spine. This is when we all fail and come to Nairaland to make comments. 1 man cannot do it alone. national change has come about by everyone sharing the same ideals and following it through come what may
u on point my man. we are mentally agile but physical change is a mirage for us that we only crave in our cosy dream., one day we shall all wake up to an inch close to hell.
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by acidtalk: 7:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
Okay
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by 2pence(m): 8:11pm On Nov 06, 2012
The best way to get HYPERTENSION is to discuss Nigerian problem !

Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by eledalo: 8:50pm On Nov 06, 2012
sammy329: President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday lambasted the country's elite, saying they are the problems of Nigeria.

The President who is on a two-day official visit to Jigawa state was treated to a grand Durbar after he landed in an helicopter at the Hadejia township stadium.

Who is elite? C'mon dawg
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by Venchy: 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2012
Na dem dem ooh....speak to your friends
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by omenka(m): 8:56pm On Nov 06, 2012
ABU GEORGE: Na wetin let me tire for d man be dis, e go dey form say e dey speak english which me i no say na d english dey put am for problem. D more u try to defend urself d more u implicate urself. U think say na only u go skul, i wonder how u reason at times jonathan, u made speech has if people who are readin it are dull like you. U just pissed me off d way u talk. U dont know u're insultin us includin urself. Go rest for shit make people see road. U're a failure, i dont want to talk more.
>1000 likes!
The bloke's body language, his omnipresent smile, and the way he dresses makes him appear timid. Then when he talks, he just puts a mountain of icing on that cake! I still can't fathom how this man imerged the president of naija!
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 06, 2012
FRESH AIR. WE ARE DOING IT. THIS MOVE IS MARADONIC. ASO IS NOT VACANT TILL 2019. WE ARE THE GEJ CREW
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 06, 2012
Orikinla: I agree.

Agreeded eded. Mbong.
Re: “The Elites Are Nigeria’s Problems” Jonathan Cries Out by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 06, 2012
The statement is true to a large extent.

Against All Odds, Rochas Wins Re-election / We Shall Ensure Lawan, Gbajabiamila Are Elected- Yahaya Bello / Which Nigerian Leader Did The Worst Damage To The Country?