Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,405 members, 7,836,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

What Do You Do When You're Depressed? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Do You Do When You're Depressed? (17788 Views)

5 Foods To Eat Every Day If You're Depressed / I'm 18 But My Dick Is Not Growing, Please Help!! I'm Really Depressed / Having Dry Throat And Sharp Pains. Feeling Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Blazebond(m): 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2022
Sex most times,it eases depression for me,it is like working out,I just pound the stress away and after the sexercise I am usually relaxed.
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by tishbite42: 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2022
graphics107:
cool
Nothing oh my brother. Sometimes u reason to end things but when u remember say na person born u, u go forget am.

My latest trick is to be angry at everything. It has saved me more times than I can count.
That's the thing
Putting in consideration the feelings of others

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by sukkot: 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2022
depressed kwanu ? i never get depressed oooooo. just remember that in 150 years time everyone standing right now on this planet will have turned ashes to ashes and dust to dust. so nothing is important. all is folly and vanity. find joy in the little things like eating and drinking because at the end of the day nothing matters . the dust would soon come calling for your body

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Bigfish121(m): 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2022
Omo the first time I became depressed in my life was not easy at all.My forehead was just sweating for no reason and I also go to the toilet frequently like 5 times a day.Omo it was not easy but I scale through.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Tufunky: 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2022
jamexborn:
I eat
Bros, I used this system before. Noticed I was becoming obese. The food sef na temporary fullness. I come dey do comparative analysis between the long term effects of obesity and alcohol. The matter tire person. The most important truth is we are neither gluttons nor alcoholics. Na just problems.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Dagenius53: 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2022
Eat my fingers
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by YoungDaNaval(m): 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2022
I Bleep
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Emmyross: 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Promote vawulence among 2 people to entertain myself
.....senior man egbon
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by NeckingNgulping(m): 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ginaz:

God is beautiful, even without hearing a voice. and the voice doesn't matter, he answers regardless.

he does great things in silence. when time changes from P.M to A.M there is no sound in the universe but 11:59 pm and 12:am is a change of past to present.

the universe was silent and empty when God created the heaven and earth.

a baby grows in the dark silence of the mother's womb. it's ok, when you talk to God and you hear nothing, in the silence he's making ways for you and preparing you to victory.

Gibberish!!
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2022
Fabulouslouie:
I must say that life can take an unexpected turn and make things unbearable.

I was depressed for the better half of my year 200l to 400l. I still wonder how I got through that impossible phase.

Now I slip in and out of depression, but I haven't found a way to manage it properly.

How do you manage depression?

I had postnatal depression cry, felt like killing myself cus I thought the whole world was against me due to sleep deprivation, episiotomy pain and nipples sores cry. Well all those are in the past.

I get depressed when I read news about how people suffer in this government in the name of wicked policies but it will soon be a history in Jesus name Amen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by SeriouslySense(m): 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2022
When I have the trees around me and the animals, that is all the Joy i need.

And there is abundance of Happiness beyond these things.

Sadly our world is becoming too polluted and nature is becoming less, while Nigerians wreck havoc on the environment

I dont need a big house, or a fancy car, i need nature, that sweet smell of the grass and the beauty of the creation. God is wonderful in designing the world.

When i see the colors of nature and i just let myself be, without caring about others.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Ginaz(f): 3:49pm On Aug 18, 2022
NeckingNgulping:

Gibberish!!

whatever rocks your boat guy. all man for himself. spirituality is a journey, it's not forced.

bye

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Wale0073245(m): 3:49pm On Aug 18, 2022
I call my real guys and we talk about our time in Secondary school then zoom off to a local restaurant to eat two big moulds of fufu and ogbono soup.
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Airoflaw(m): 3:54pm On Aug 18, 2022
Fabulouslouie:

I was depressed for the better half of my year 200l to 400l. I still wonder how I got through that impossible phase.

Now I slip in and out of depression, but I haven't found a way to manage it properly.

1. go out, 2. share your problem with someone (the person may not provided you result for ur problem but it kind of help to relive the stress. 3. Go for concert 4. Listen to music 5.read books 6. Watch videos on YouTube trust me: pastor remote, sabinus, macaroni, etc dem plenty. Laugh your sorrows

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Folicarest1(m): 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2022
1. Be born again.
2.Engross your self in the word of God.
3.Make praise and worship your daily routine.
4.Live a life of gratitude.
Most importantly, Do away with sin. It sinks.
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by ajayiopy: 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
Fabulouslouie:

JUST SAY,LORD I THANK YOU 100 TIMES DAILY

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Plugsk(m): 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2022
Na why we dey roll up herb all day, every day. cheesy[left][/left]
rickpat:
depression must be a normal feeling for most Nigerians by now....like a daily feeling...normal life
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by lekonso: 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
Start singing praises to our loving Father in heaven. And pray for others that have challenges. You will be totally out of depression

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by owunabastard: 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
Just have it in mind that life is temporary, enjoy and appreciate nature. For me this depression of a thing is what westerners use to confuse we Africans. Nothing like depression in Africa before the advent of Internet and social medias. Some people foolishly believe they are lagging behind among their mates. Not everything you see on facebook is the true situation of many people.
Know what you like doing and do it. Do not listens to people opinions once you are not hurting anybody. Remember life is too short. Get yourself happy. Never compare yourself with any asshole

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Brunosamel(m): 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
Fabulouslouie:

Gym cum Fasting
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by qtguru(m): 4:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
Fabulouslouie:

Cooking, exercise and sleep

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Emjace(m): 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2022
Fabulouslouie:

Codm, pubg, Freefire, etc
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Newphil: 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2022
Dependency mentality and lack of self-esteem contributes to depression alot. Think like an island that understands the need to contribute to the welfare of others by creating a symbiotic relationship with them.

Avoid allowing others to build dependency around you, all humans are infallible. Let them understand the need to contribute in whatever relationship they find themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by NeckingNgulping(m): 4:20pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ginaz:

whatever rocks your boat guy. all man for himself. spirituality is a journey, it's not forced.

bye

Okay, bye!
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Olam09(m): 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2022
Fabulouslouie:

I listen to music, do more stressful work to forget about everything. I was depressed for straight 3 month this year.. still kinda depressed recently this week after seeing my ex post.
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by DropsMic(m): 4:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
Fabulouslouie:

I binge watch Hollywood 90’s comedy movies and space documentaries..

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by jamexborn(m): 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
Tufunky:

Bros, I used this system before. Noticed I was becoming obese. The food sef na temporary fullness. I come dey do comparative analysis between the long term effects of obesity and alcohol. The matter tire person. The most important truth is we are neither gluttons nor alcoholics. Na just problems.

Tor
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by tonididdy(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
Food
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Supermike007: 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2022
back in 2020, I hit a serious wall in my life. Never felt so stuck before. Felt so depressed. The pandemic made things worse for not just me but everyone. I used to enjoy drawing, but at that time, I hadn't drawn anything for years. One day, I watched a video about eye-contact by a youtuber known as Yuliku. her channel is called 'The Library of Emotions'. You need to be a weird person yourself to enjoy her videos, but I gotta say, it did something really remarkable to my mental health. There's something about staring in the eyes of strangers that just brings unresolved thoughts and feelings to the surface. I really liked one of her videos of this pretty girl who's emotion she gracefully captured and I decided to draw this girl and send the drawing to Yuliku. She really loved it and gave me the girl's instagram. Later found out that the girl was Russian. So I started learning a lot about Russia by watching a lot of youtube videos about the country. Eventually, I picked up the Russian language a bit and started seriously learning the language throughout 2021.

Which brings me to the second phase of this amazing journey. Languages! Learning a new language is like starting a whole new life. I mean sure we know it's called 'bed' in English, but do you know that its called 'Кровать' (krovat) in Russian, or...

Door - Дверь (dver)
Chair - Стул (stool)
Table - Стол (stol)
etc...

I absolutely love every moment of the language learning process. It created new neuro-pathways in my brain which absolutely crushed my depression. The last time I was so happy about anything I was doing in my life was when I was a child (drawing).

The takeaway here is - TRY DOING SOMETHING NEW IN YOUR LIFE.

It doesn't have to be language learning, even though I'd highly recommend this. It can be anything. Thank me later.

Oh and remember (Take it one day at a time). Goodluck!

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2022
You have done the hardest part which is to get out of it.
If you believe in Jesus, he said, "cast all your cares on me, for I care for you".
It;s mostly safe to find solace in your faith when everything seems lost.

Meanwhile, meditation and being alone can help a lot.
When I was depressed, I quit everything, (job, relationship, house), and disconnected from my family.
It took two months to truly feel life at the lowest possible and I visited the beach a lot, waterfronts, and paddled local canoes from Unilag, Makoko across the third mainland. I truly found peace in myself and submitted everything to God.

When you find yourself, you can truly be free.

Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

At the end of the day, God will take away things that caused the depression.
Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by spencekat(m): 4:53pm On Aug 18, 2022
Newphil:
[/b]Dependency mentality and lack of self-esteem contributes to depression alot[b]. Think like an island that understands the need to contribute to the welfare of others by creating a symbiotic relationship with them.

Avoid allowing others to build dependency around you, all humans are infallible. Let them understand the need to contribute in whatever relationship they find themselves.
Not really.Not meeting up with one's goals,targets or objectives is the root cause of depression.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When You're Depressed? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ovaltine:
You have done the hardest part which is to get out of it.
If you believe in Jesus, he said, "cast all your cares on me, for I care for you".
It;s mostly safe to find solace in your faith when everything seems lost.

Meanwhile, meditation and being alone can help a lot.
When I was depressed, I quit everything, (job, relationship, house), and disconnected from my family.
It took two months to truly feel life at the lowest possible and I visited the beach a lot, waterfronts, and paddled local canoes from Unilag, Makoko across the third mainland. I truly found peace in myself and submitted everything to God.

When you find yourself, you can truly be free.

At the end of the day, God will take away things and people that caused the depression.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

WHO’s Hydroxychloroquine Trial Suspended Pending Safety Data / Opinion: Should Euthanasia Be Legal Or Illegal? / Late Adadevoh’s Family May Sue Ebola Filmmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.