Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,660 members, 7,831,029 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna (16660 Views)

Total Votes 130, LP Votes 140.. Abia State. Umuahia South LG / KADUNA 2023: JONATHAN Asake Declares For Governorship Under LP / Jonathan Asake: Fulani Converted Ruga Settlements In My Community Into Emirate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by naijabetlee(m): 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2022
Kaduna state governorship candidate of the Labour Party, LP, Jonathan Asake, has said that his party has volunteers across the country that will serve as agents to protect their votes in the 2023 general elections.

Asake said that the volunteers are Nigerians who are tired of the failures and money bags politics of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the main opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

He maintained that the structures in this generation have gone beyond analogue politics that APC and PDP politicians rely on, but the electronic voting using the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS).

Asake, former President of Southern Kaduna Peoples Union (SOKAPU), disclosed these in an exclusive interview with Vanguard on Monday, while speaking on the readiness of his party, candidates and Obidients to win elective offices next year.

He said, “About structures; political parties have offices across the country or state or local governments.

“And we used to talk about physical structures to the extent of where people vote and those votes are collected at ward levels.

“And returning officers will take those votes from the polling units to ward levels to local governments and states and up like that.

“But with the new electoral system, where votes are transmitted electronically, those very tedious ways of doing things are cut off.

“As a party, at Labour Party, we have volunteers all over that are volunteering to guard the polling units and to ensure that they vote and ensure those votes are counted and sent.

“Why are they volunteering? They are tired of the old system. This country is sinking but they want to make this country a better country to make it a producing nation, not a consuming nation.”

Speaking on what it takes to wrest power from the APC in Kaduna, Asake said he has the experience, exposure and education.

He said: “Another way we should look at it is when you’re talking about experience, exposure and my education level.

“The one people often talked about is if I have money. Nigerian politics is played with money. If you have the money you will take everything.

“Often times we tend to look at money when you have to go rigorous primaries as we have in PDP and APC. Where you have delegates that can determine the fate of millions of Nigerians in one room.

“Those delegates will be given money to select people, whether the candidate is fit or unfit, or have a criminal record, general voters have no part.

“But Labour Party is operating where you don’t need those bags of money. At minimal fees, you will be able to present yourself to general voters to vote for you.

“My candidature is for the general public who will vote for me based on my track records. I have political experience.”

My CV

On his political credentials, he said, “I have worked and I’ve been a lecturer. I lectured for about eight years at Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University. Then I moved to Kaduna State Polytechnic in 1991 till 1998, when I moved into partisan politics.

“And I was elected into the House of Representatives in 1999 and I served my four years, after which I was appointed SA on National Assembly Matters to President Obasanjo. I served until 2007.

“I’ve also been chairman of a local government at the interim level and I’ve served in various appointments in between at the state and national levels.”

IDPs’ votes

The former presidential aide also said that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) had promised that Kaduna residents displaced by bandits will participate in the elections next year.

“I have raised this concern with INEC and INEC has actually been taking care of this situation by actually ensuring that they will not be disenfranchised.

“That’s the arrangement that is being made, that they have the permanent voter cards (PVCs) and vote from where they are.

“There is no time that power has been zoned to Southern Kaduna by the PDP so Labour Party has availed Southern Kaduna the very rare opportunity of choosing one of their own as a candidate and so people of Southern Kaduna will come together with all other people of other parties because Labour Party seems to be the most acceptable one by the people of Southern Kaduna.

“Anywhere you go in Southern Kaduna, it is Odidient movement and it’s also same at Central and Northern senatorial districts of Kaduna state,” he added
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/volunteers-will-guard-our-votes-kaduna-lp-governorship-candidate-boasts/amp/

61 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by Bahdenglish: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ok

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2022
God bless all the Obidients all over Nigeria.
The sacrifice you have made to rescue our dear nation will always be written in marble.

178 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by PlayerMeji: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2022
See as they want to use youth to catch cruise and usurp power, then in the next couple of years, you will hear another set of youth coming to say the youth have been marginalized for so long and truly, you will see that they are youthful and have been marginalized!

Me, as a youth, I wont subscribe to one person coming to claim he is fighting for the youth when I know in the next couple of coming years some youth are coming out to scream blue murder!

It's time for a greater Nigeria not some youth targeted punchlines!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by Realtalk20: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2022
Good luck bruv

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by BlackPantherxXx: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2022
grin

Coward flat heads will hide under their beds and not vote for this one...

If he gets 1000 votes in Kaduna, he should celebrate like he won the World Cup.

170 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by atinga1: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2022
Wahala dey ọ!
Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by aceman88(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
The structure is already there

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by TinubuThief: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
sad
Yes oh. Any baga wey do anyhow that day go so collect no be small nonsense and tilumbu

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by BeardGangJnr1(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
So volunteers are the structures
Y'all jokers Abeg undecided

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
China became better when they increased production.
Nigeria will become better when we increase production.

Every enemy of Nigeria will be defeated. We move!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by bcomputer101: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
By 2023, Nigerians will repeat what happened in Kenya for Peter Obi

I'm contesting for President of Nigeria through P.O

By 2023, any Nigerian that isn't Obidient, will eat the fruit of Disobedience

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by rembert: 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
I am one of the volunteers. Obi must win.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by Cherrybae(f): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2022
I hope your children and family members would be among the volunteers.

Only ipob brainwashed pigs can do this though

169 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2022
Welcome development
Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by Kagd10: 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2022
While D pass graduate Peter Obi, the liar is already denying his supporters. Lol.

Still remembered how this same bold faced liar Peter Obi said his supporters were the ones that lied about the 100m investment whereas he was the one who said it on national TV. He came out to denounce it after Soludo debunked his gibberish. Soludo doesn't want Peter Obi's loonatics to hound him over the fraudulent investment claim of Peter Obi. If Soludo hadn't debunked, the perpetual liar Peter Obi wouldn't come out to debunk them and say it was a lie cheesy As a matter of fact, what Obi invested was depreciated into 5m. The dunce.

Anyway, no more riding on blind faith. Let each candidate mention their legacies relative to how they would improve the country or shut up with their noisemaking.

Tinubu's legacies litters everywhere. Such as BRT, lekki seaport, Eko Atlantic, Lekki trade zone, revenue growth etc.. We need Tinubu to grow the economy at the federal level.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by DadaHammed: 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2022
We are very ready to be LP polling unit agents on that day.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by PandoraObi: 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2022
What happened to 50 billions members of labour party

169 Likes

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 18, 2022
Cherrybae:
I hope your children and family members would be among the volunteers.

Only ipob brainwashed pigs can do this though
Your ilk won’t want to volunteer because all you do is bring violence and threat. No wonder you support the other side. Their thuggery and lies match your hatred and evil. Don of a wasted sperm.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by athaboi(f): 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2022
PandoraObi:
What happened to 50 billions members of labour party
just shut up you this daft

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by wasco24: 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2022
A vote for asake in Kaduna is a vote against PDP governorship candidate

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by Zchi1052(m): 4:54pm On Aug 18, 2022
L
Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by southpole: 4:55pm On Aug 18, 2022
According to 2006 population Census, 51% of Kaduna State population is in Southern Kaduna, hhmmmm is like God is working out something in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by citygarden(m): 4:56pm On Aug 18, 2022
Those volunteers will be buy over by PDP or APC. Ordinary to pay party agent and converses they are still looking for volunteers. You see why I don't take LP seriously

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by bigdammyj: 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
Noted.
Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by Abfinest007(m): 4:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
They're not aware of what is about to hit them

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by abobote: 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
I'm one of them

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by Banhammy717: 4:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
Asake, no be woman name?
Re: Jonathan Asake: Volunteers Will Guard LP Votes In Kaduna by GodsOwnMan: 4:59pm On Aug 18, 2022
cheesy all 1,500 votes for labor cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drunk Policeman Kills One In Lagos / I'll Kill GEJ, His Wife And You If Anyone Attempts To Remove Me - Gov Sylva / How Much Does INEC Intends To Pay AD-HOC Staff Recruited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.