Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,230 members, 7,846,090 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Single Life Is A Scam!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Life Is A Scam!! (2596 Views)

Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? / A Woman From Uganda Who Gave Birth To 44 Children Reveals What Her Life Is Like / Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Klass99(f): 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2022
smiley
Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Richy4(m): 12:20pm On Aug 20, 2022
Klass99:

I love green, but in the beauty of nature, in trees, grass, well kept lawns and gardens. Not in text format please grin
Let me remove my mind from the gutters first I dey come... cheesy
Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Acidosis(m): 12:32pm On Aug 20, 2022
Magnoliaa:

And I see Acidosis saying somewhere that people are still having a lot to say? Which a lot? The positive lot or the negative lot? Who has attacked the OP? With the exception of myself ('cos I chest my misandry well), who is going on and on about the OP and his mentality and lifestyle decisions? Everyone has been sharing civil perspectives on the *topic*.

You might want to reread the comments because nobody has yet to accept the position of the OP (i.e., "singlehood is a scam" ). Even if they didn't attack the OP, the argument presented by the OP has nonetheless been attacked in every way you can think of by both male and females.

You seem to be on the other side of the red pill movement, which I believe is where we diverge. I have always countered the argument that "marriage is a scam." Whoever says that, whether a feminist or a "meminist," doesn't matter to me. My position is my position.

2 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Magnoliaa(f): 12:37pm On Aug 20, 2022
Acidosis:
You might want to reread the comments because nobody has yet to accept the position of the OP (i.e., "singlehood is a scam"wink. Even if though they didn't attack the OP, the argument presented by the OP has nonetheless been attacked in every way you can think of.

And that is my point precisely.

2 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Acidosis(m): 12:40pm On Aug 20, 2022
Magnoliaa:

And that is my point precisely.

...and you inadvertently made the assumption that the OP is male, hence the "protection"?

I don't understand how the gender issue came up because, as far as I can see on this thread, there is no evidence to suggest that the OP is either male or female.

1 Like

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Magnoliaa(f): 1:02pm On Aug 20, 2022
Acidosis:
...and you inadvertently made the assumption know that the OP is male, hence the "protection"?

I don't understand how the gender issue came up because, as far as I can see on this thread, there is no evidence to suggest that the OP is either male or female.

- Yes, I know that. And if they weren't male, they presented as one. I am certainly not the only one who got that impression.

There you go with the evidence talk again. You need an evidence to believe EVERYTHING you say or hold to be true? Dkm! People thought the OP a male and commented accordingly. If there was any whiff or sense of (the) femininity behind the moniker, the critics would have invaded the thread, dropping two, two kobo opinions and Harvard-styled lectures on "how a woman yada yada yada".

- Aside the above, the OP also was "protected" because it was singlehood being addressing. I don't know what you disagree with or not; but if it was marriage being called a scam, this thread would have "erupted in flames" a long, long while ago.

5 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Richy4(m): 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2022
Klass99:
Richy4, I have modified my post.
I totally agree, I am not naive to think marriage will always be about sex and it's not my ultimate goal or desire. I want emotional intimacy more than physical activity, I want the companionship more than sex. The sort of companionship where we can sit in silence but still enjoy each other's presence and experience that comforting feeling of having someone there even if you are not talking, for example I am reading a book upstairs and he is working on his laptop downstairs.

The only thing I can say to any single man or woman is to stay focused and don't let the society dictate or pressurise u into going into marriage when u were not ready..

Anyone leaving abroad will understand how bad it is for single ladies or gentlemen to Shop in peace during festive seasons especially if u have not found the right person...If u can move passed that inner feeling that looks like the world is leaving you behind, u will be just fine..

Those period, You will see all kinds of couples that u have never seen before... Different age bracket.. at the shopping malls especially the whites looking so nice with their kids probably sitting on the trolley... Keeping up appearance...

Sometimes it's not what it seems...it's like seeing those Jehovah's witness beautiful happy pictures on their flyers... wait for the right time.. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Klass99(f): 1:14pm On Aug 20, 2022
smiley
Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by main24(m): 1:19pm On Aug 20, 2022
Damn!
I can't remember the last time I read through a thread on NL and it has over 70% of mature and intelligent replies from both male and female.
@Klass99 I like your frequency though, Keep it up.

Let me steal from your comment:
- Marry for the right reasons: each individual should determine his/her right reasons.

- find someone whose right reasons are the same as yours or whose right reasons won't become a problem for you on the long run.

@Richy4 is it possible to determine another person's real intentions (reasons), not waiting for event to reveal it?

2 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Acidosis(m): 1:25pm On Aug 20, 2022
Magnoliaa:

- Yes, I know that. And if they weren't male, they presented as one. I am certainly not the only one who got that impression.

There you go with the evidence talk again. You need an evidence to believe EVERYTHING you do? Dkm! People thought the OP a male and commented accordingly. If there was any whiff or sense of (the) femininity behind the moniker, the critics would have invaded the thread, dropping two two kobo opinions and Harvard-styled lectures and how a woman yada yada yada yada.

- Aside the above, they OP also was "protected" because it was singlehood being addressing. I don't know what you disagree with or not; but if it was marriage being called a scam, this thread would have "erupted in flames" a long, long while ago.

And there you go again misinterpreting the term "evidence." For the sake of clarity, an evidence does not have to be visual. Again, I would add that I am not sure of the OP's gender but I believe that gender didn't play a role in many of the posts made so far.

Don't presume that one gender is specifically for or against marriage because the red pill boys have attacked marriage on this site more than anybody else.

If you support marriage, express your opinion; if you oppose it, express your opinion as well. Your opinion shouldn't be influenced by who said what.

2 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Klass99(f): 1:27pm On Aug 20, 2022
smiley

1 Like

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Richy4(m): 1:46pm On Aug 20, 2022
main24:
Damn!
I can't remember the last time I read through a thread on NL and it has over 70% of mature and intelligent replies from both male and female.
@K.lass99 I like your frequency though, Keep it up.

Let me steal from your comment:
- Marry for the right reasons: each individual should determine his/her right reasons.

- find someone whose right reasons are the same as yours or whose right reasons won't become a problem for you on the long run.

@Richy4 is it possible to determine another person's real intentions (reasons), not waiting for event to reveal it?

In my opinion, it depends on the person's abilities to hide stuffs or that person's partner's abilities to read the early signs..

It might be dictated during courtship.. That is if the individual understands a red flag and what it stands for...

For Example, you noticed that the lady you were dating is likely Cantankerous during courtship,...
Instead of using the eyes an Elders use to dictate a ripe corn, u were busy praising her..
Baby you look so lovely when you are sad!!.. you look yummy when you say things like that..

Now when you eventually got married and she attacked as usual, baby is no longer looking so adorable when she says things like that.. u will now start calling her parent that she doesn't give u peace or verbally abuses you..
Meanwhile those early signs were there..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Magnoliaa(f): 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2022
Acidosis:
And there you go again misinterpreting the term "evidence." For the sake of clarity, an evidence does not have to be visual. Again, I would add that I am not sure of the OP's gender but I believe that gender didn't play a role in many of the posts made so far.

Ok. I believe gender (or its impression) did.

Don't presume that one gender is specifically for or against marriage because the red pill boys have attacked marriage on this site more than anybody else.

Besides the point I made. I said if marriage was the point of discussion, the thread would have "erupted in flames", so are you corroborating what I am saying? Whether marriage is called a scam or a bliss, redpillers would always attack, depending on the position that suits them. But for the majority of Nigerians, Africans and on this section, if marriage was called a scam, they would have come with guns blazing, and that reason is pretty simple... it is still uncool and unconventional and socially unacceptable to declare, "marriage is not an achievement" in our part of the world. A lot of people still value it, including having children. Before you whip up some ad hominem attack against me now, I have not called marriage bad or whatever. All I have been noting are observations; nothing more.

If you support marriage, express your opinion; if you oppose it, express your opinion as well. Your opinion shouldn't be influenced by who said what.

Right. And I never said anyone's opinion was influencing mine. I only choose to point out what I did.
Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by main24(m): 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2022
Richy4:

In my opinion, it depends on the person's abilities to hide stuffs or that person's partner's abilities to read the early signs..

It might be dictated during courtship.. That is if the individual understands a red flag and what it stands for...

For Example, you noticed that the lady you were dating is likely Cantankerous during courtship,...
Instead of using the eyes an Elders use to dictate a ripe corn, u were busy praising her..
Baby you look so lovely when you are sad!!.. you look yummy when you say things like that..

Now when you eventually got married and she attacked as usual, baby is no longer looking so adorable when she says things like that.. u will now start calling her parent that she doesn't give u peace or verbally abuses you..
Meanwhile those early signs were there..

Thanks,.. big thanks.

I really love the real life application.
Real life application is seriously missing these days.
Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Richy4(m): 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2022
main24:

Thanks,.. big thanks.

I really love the real life application.
Real life application is seriously missing these days.
No worries buddy. We all learn everyday...
Maybe u can browse more on family section. It's a bit dry but a playground for matured folks...
I guess romance section is lively but what u see is what you get.. smiley

1 Like

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Acidosis(m): 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Ok. I believe gender (or its impression) did.

Besides the point I made. I said if marriage was the point of discussion, the thread would have "erupted in flames", so are you corroborating what I am saying? Whether marriage is called a scam or a bliss, redpillers would always attack, depending on the position that suits them. But for the majority of Nigerians, Africans and on this section, if marriage was called a scam, they would have come with guns blazing, and that reason is pretty simple... it is still uncool and unconventional and socially unacceptable to declare, "marriage is not an achievement" in our part of the world. A lot of people still value it, including having children. Before you whip up some ad hominem attack against me now, I have not called marriage bad or whatever. All I have been noting are observations; nothing more.

Right. And I never said anyone's opinion was influencing mine. I only choose to point out what I did.

It is not unusual to see people "attack" anything that appears to challenge what they perceive to be a "social norm." Remember the majority will always have their way.

You definitely cannot expect everybody to cheer you up for declaring marriage a scam in a society that is deeply rooted in religion.

Do you know that YouTube pages with over 500k followers get deleted for sharing a negative opinion about same-sex marriage because, obviously, YouTube's host-country is pro-same-sex marriage. That tells you how "intolerant" everybody can be. We only express it differently.

Now about the OP, you'll realize I didn't bother sharing my view. I have always had a problem with the word "single." I don't understand the "single-ness" about someone who goes on dates and express love and intimacy (sex). I don't understand what they hope to do differently in marriage. So my indifference about the OP stems from this confusion.

1 Like

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Magnoliaa(f): 11:30pm On Aug 20, 2022
Acidosis:
Now about the OP, you'll realize I didn't bother sharing my view. I have always had a problem with the word "single." I don't understand the "single-ness" about someone who goes on dates and express love and intimacy (sex). I don't understand what they hope to do differently in marriage. So my indifference about the OP stems from this confusion.

Yeah, I guess this is what they consider the difference... the (legalisation and) expressed commitment is what being single/dating is about?

But I get you. Very few people are single in the true and purest form of the word. Reminds of some JW's teen books I used to read some years back. Questions Young People Ask- Volume 1 and 2. I love the perspectives concerning dating, etc., in it, as well as some of the standards espoused.

It's like those concepts... dating, marriage, sex, singehood, hookup were thoroughly explained and chipped at, getting rid of all of the cultural baggage and insinuations, expectations around them, to reveal what they truly mean at the core.

I think it a great book every child should read in their adolescence developmental stage - Christian or not. When my kid sis is a little older, I am definitely gifting them to her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Ayamatanga0: 8:21am On Aug 21, 2022
Magnoliaa:

Yeah, I guess this is what they consider the difference... the (legalisation and) expressed commitment is what being single/dating is about?

But I get you. Very few people are single in the true and purest form of the word. Reminds of some JW's teen books I used to read some years back. Questions Young People Ask- Volume 1 and 2. I love the perspectives concerning dating, etc., in it, as well as some of the standards espoused.

It's like those concepts... dating, marriage, sex, singehood, hookup were thoroughly explained and chipped at, getting rid of all of the cultural baggage and insinuations, expectations around them, to reveal what they truly mean at the core.

I think it a great book every child should read in their adolescence developmental stage - Christian or not. When my kid sis is a little older, I am definitely gifting them to her.
The word "single" is actually misused a lot in our society, a "single" man or woman who prolly is in a relationship with 2 to 3 partners or has several sexual partners (flings or what you will).
I find it rather amusing when those individuals closest to me who are in this category claim to be "single".
Maybe we need to start using the "bachelor" or "spinster" tag more often as a way of telling others "look here I'm in a few relationships but not in any one that's legally binding yet". grin
Like @acidosis said, what are they gonna do differently in marriage?
Societal quirks can be really entertaining

Happy Sunday bro!

1 Like

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Magnoliaa(f): 8:25am On Aug 21, 2022
Ayamatanga0:
Happy Sunday bro!

Same to you, my brotha'. smiley

1 Like

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by crackhaus: 8:43am On Aug 21, 2022
Ayamatanga0:

Make of it what you will, marriage is a beautiful thing when it's with the right person.

Have a good evening everyone!

Even with the right person, it can still get ugly sometimes and you'll start to wonder what you were thinking when you decided to spend the rest of your life with your partner...

There are no manuals to these things — No one can/should stand on any authority to decide which between marriage & singlehood is better. Both will come with their positives and negatives.

The point is to make your personal choice, deal with whatever outcomes you encounter without trying to force/convince other people to accept what you think.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Kajaard: 8:46am On Aug 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't believe that at all. Marriage is simply not for everyone, much the same as single life is not for everyone. You learn yourself and then you understand the one that fits your best. There are many single folks out there who have never regretted a moment of their choice. undecided

Truer words were never spoken.
Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Ayamatanga0: 8:55am On Aug 21, 2022
crackhaus:

Even with the right person, it can still get ugly sometimes and you'll start to wonder what you were thinking when you decided to spend the rest of your life with your partner...

There are no manuals to these things — No one can/should stand on any authority to decide which between marriage & singlehood is better. Both will come with their positives and negatives.

The point is to make your personal choice, deal with whatever outcomes you encounter without trying to force/convince other people to accept what you think.
I must confess I enjoy reading your posts, but you need to understand something bruv, the OP was simply a "spur of the moment" post, it wasn't based on any sort of assumptions, facts, anectedotes or any sort of antecedents.
I simply wrote what I observed, whilst deliberately avoiding any inferences about gender and capped it with a catchy topic .
Live and let live has always been my motto, being single or married is by choice, both have their merits and demerits.
After all we have "married singles" wink wink

Happy Sunday!!
Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by crackhaus: 8:58am On Aug 21, 2022
Ayamatanga0:

I must confess I enjoy reading your posts, but you need to understand something bruv, the OP was simply a "spur of the moment" post, it wasn't based on any sort of assumptions, facts, anectedotes or any sort of antecedents.
I simply wrote what I observed, whilst deliberately avoiding any inferences about gender and capped it with a catchy topic .
Live and let live has always been my motto, being single or married is by choice, both have their merits and demerits.
After all we have "married singles" wink wink

Happy Sunday!!
Na now you talk well.

Happy Sunday to you too.
Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 21, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Father Who Ran Into Burning House To Save Baby Twins Gets Burned Beyond Recognit / WEIRD: Woman Practicing Naked Breast-feeding Yoga (PHOTO) / I'm Really Really Disappointed In Most Men Today !.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.