Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Single Life Is A Scam!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Life Is A Scam!! (2579 Views)

Single Life And Married Life, Which One Is More Enjoyable? / A Woman From Uganda Who Gave Birth To 44 Children Reveals What Her Life Is Like / Marriage Vs. The Single Life: Who Has It Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Single Life Is A Scam!! by Ayamatanga0: 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
If the horror stories about marriage emanating from the Nairaland front-page lately are anything to go by then you'd honestly feel that the institution called marriage is all doom and gloom, you start asking yourself if it's really worth it anymore....at a point you just might start seeing yourself repping 'team single is bae' or 'team baby mama no drama' , but I'd gladly tell you that contrary to what you read on the front page of the dailies about marriage, it is still a beautiful thing to behold.

I had a date scheduled for this evening so I decided to take time out to do a little sight seeing of sorts before my date arrived.... Having settled down with a drink my eyes couldn't stop themselves from wondering around.
I caught a glance of two beautiful couples with kids, and just as I was still in awe of them, boom!!! another beautiful couple sauntered in, what got me astonished with this new couple was that though they had two kids already, the wife was visibly pregnant and the man just couldn't help himself pampering her, from the stairwells up to the entrance and even till they sat down,. It was almost as if it was their first date.

I saw a few more couples and it was a sight to behold, even when my date arrived I was feeling like the odd one out.

Make of it what you will, marriage is a beautiful thing when it's with the right person.

Have a good evening everyone!

Cc Royalroy , lalasticlala, marpol

12 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by obinna58(m): 8:47pm On Aug 18, 2022
Hahahahahahahahaha mumu

A mumu man

You’re a mumu man

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Ibechris2: 8:56pm On Aug 18, 2022
Marriage is good!

That does not mean it does not have its ups and down.
Marriage isn't for unstable set of people,u have to be mentally,financially and psychologically prepared to be able to face what is in it.

If u are a pro in being irresponsible the truth is,ur marriage may not last,if u don't take care of your children,u will also have it tough.

In fact,Marriage is a complex institution that that has no basic formula therefore,what works for u will certainly not work for me.

Marriage is not a scam take it or leave it but being single till old age is the modern day scam.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Ayamatanga0: 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2022
Ibechris2:
Marriage is good!

That does not mean it does not have its ups and down.
Marriage isn't for unstable set of people,u have to be mentally,financially and psychologically prepared to be able to face what is in it.

If u are a pro in being irresponsible the truth is,ur marriage may not last,if u don't take care of your children,u will also have it tough also...

In fact,Marriage is a complex institution that that has no basic formula therefore,what works for u will certainly not work for me.

Marriage is not a scam take it or leave it but being single till old age is the modern day scam.

Wise words from a wise man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by obinna58(m): 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
If you think marriage will comfort you and make your already difficult life better then you’re about to kill yourself
Those pressuring you then will laugh at you, na straight to your grave.
I’ve seen many men end up this way.

Level up first before thinking of women and children

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 18, 2022
grin grin Both lives can be frustrating though. There are times you would wish to be single, other times you wish to be married. Its normal.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Klass99(f): 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2022
smiley

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Ayamatanga0: 9:38pm On Aug 18, 2022
Klass99:
Lol grin.

Ayamatanga, so your public sighting of married couples is the sole basis of your assertion that the single life is a scam? If it is by public displays of affection and how good couples look together alone, then Paul & Ifeanyi Adefarasin, Ituah & the late Ibidun Ighodala ought to be the ginger and motivating factor for singles to get hitched na.

I mean who wouldn't yearn for marriage when you see hot, show-stopper couples, like the Adefarasins & Ighodalos, or even the ones you saw where you were. However, is that enough reason to go and get married or diss the single life? Companionship is a sweet thing, the things you saw and admired are lovely too, but it shouldn't be the only basis of your judgments.

I have seen a married couple at a restaurant (a man, his wife and 2 young kids) when their food arrived, the man dived straight in and began to eat. His wife fed their two kids until they were satisfied before she ate, I thought to myself.....na wao, this guy couldn't even feed one child while his wife fed the other, before eating.

At another restaurant a guy got his food chose a table, sat down and began to eat. I saw his heavily pregnant wife struggling with her tray of food to reach him/their table. This particular incident reminded me of what an acquaintance once said.

My acquaintance said my husband will not pamper or help me if I get pregnant again. He only did with my first pregnancy, I don't want to go through that stress alone, again. Background - she had a pregnancy scare where she thought she was pregnant for a 3rd child with her husband, when the results came back negative she felt very relieved.

What is my point again, sef? grin I can't remember ooo, but I know I had a point I was driving at, I think you'll figure it out from my preceding paragraphs. Your username sounds like something out of that Wakanda movie.

I understand you perfectly bro, but then again atimes it's easy to get carried away at the sight of something beautiful and just wish a whimsical hand could take you there... You know that kind of feeling I'm talking about grin

7 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Klass99(f): 9:53pm On Aug 18, 2022
smiley

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by VenumX: 9:57pm On Aug 18, 2022
Later you will come and beg with a new account for money to feed your children.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Ayamatanga0: 10:01pm On Aug 18, 2022
Klass99:

Dude angry, who the hell are you calling bro? I'm a girl! You didn't see F for female, beside my moniker, abi? No offence taken.

You can replicate the moments you witnessed with your date or a girl you really like and who likes you back in return na. Shey na public display of affection been dey pepper you?

It is not a sin or a crime to hold hands while you chat and walk along Akodo beach, hold hands at the cinema, pamper and feed yourselves from each other's plates at a restaurant na......except of course you are a strict SU somebori.

LMAO grin
Sister no kill me with laugh abeg, people dey look me as I dey laugh alone
Make Dem no think say na something else enter o

6 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Ayamatanga0: 10:03pm On Aug 18, 2022
VenumX:
Later you will come and beg with a new account for money to feed your children.
Sigh! The kids here never fail to disappoint

3 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Mindlog: 10:39pm On Aug 18, 2022
For me, it is about marrying for the right reasons or you remain single for the right reasons and if one has chosen to be celibate for religious reasons (Catholic Priests, Reverend Sisters etc), stick to it for the right reasons.

2 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Aug 18, 2022
Persephone1:
grin grin Both lives can be frustrating though. There are times you would wish to be single, other times you wish to be married. Its normal.
I don't believe that at all. Marriage is simply not for everyone, much the same as single life is not for everyone. You learn yourself and then you understand the one that fits your best. There are many single folks out there who have never regretted a moment of their choice. undecided

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by ahnie: 10:54pm On Aug 18, 2022
Here for the comments.
Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Helpout12345: 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
Marriage is not meant for everyone. It's best some people remain single forever.

However, if those that marriage is meant for, end up marrying someone right for them and they both married each other for the right reasons, marriage is good to be blissful to them.

6 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by culf: 5:16am On Aug 19, 2022
marriage is a beautiful thing especially when you have an understanding partner

6 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 19, 2022
If being single is a scam. Abeg i be client

4 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by GenderMix: 6:03am On Aug 19, 2022
Single life is not scam. However it depends on individuals. If you are not a good team player, marriage might just become a distraction for achieving alot. However, as humans companionship is a great tool if well utilized has lots of advantages.

I have realized that everything we do In life is geared towards achieving HAPPINESS. Wether as singles or married, if you're not focused and self motivated, you might end up becoming unhappy. So marriage doesn't guarantee happiness. We have happy couples, we have happy singles and vice versa. Don't just let your happiness revolve around any individual including your spouse.

Again you can't judge the character of married couples by mere outlook or disposition in public spaces. Some people are just good actors. Lol. Been married for over 11 years and I can tell you what constitutes a happy marriage- transparency and avoiding unnecessary high expectations of your spouse. There must be misunderstanding , there will be good days, there will be bad days. You will definitely get angry ...lol... The trick is not to allow misunderstanding last too long. Marriage is not for hot tempered people.

Finally, just decide what's best for you. Singles have unrestricted opportunities and flexible schedules so it's a great advantage if you make use of time wisely.

18 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Klass99(f): 6:15am On Aug 19, 2022
smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by GenderMix: 6:43am On Aug 19, 2022
Klass99:

Mwah kiss, seven blessings and 21 kisses to you. You have an enlightened and attractive mind/mindset.

The texts highlighted in bold resonated with me the most. I would like your comment 10 times over, if I could.

Klass99, I appreciate the feedback.
May we always receive grace to think deeply before acting.

5 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 19, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't believe that at all. Marriage is simply not for everyone, much the same as single life is not for everyone. You learn yourself and then you understand the one that fits your best. There are many single folks out there who have never regretted a moment of their choice. undecided
Noted!

2 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by cococandy(f): 6:53am On Aug 19, 2022
grin I know where this thread is coming from

1 Like

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Mindlog: 7:32am On Aug 19, 2022
cococandy:
grin I know where this thread is coming from

From Lagos-Sagamu expressway? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Ayamatanga0: 7:58am On Aug 19, 2022
GenderMix:
Single life is not scam. However it depends on individuals. If you are not a good team player, marriage might just become a distraction for achieving alot. However, as humans companionship is a great tool if well utilized has lots of advantages.

I have realized that everything we do In life is geared towards achieving HAPPINESS. Wether as singles or married, if you're not focused and self motivated, you might end up becoming unhappy. So marriage doesn't guarantee happiness. We have happy couples, we have happy singles and vice versa. Don't just let your happiness revolve around any individual including your spouse.

Again you can't judge the character of married couples by mere outlook or disposition in public spaces. Some people are just good actors. Lol. Been married for over 11 years and I can tell you what constitutes a happy marriage- transparency and avoiding unnecessary high expectations of your spouse. There must be misunderstanding , there will be good days, there will be bad days. You will definitely get angry ...lol... The trick is not to allow misunderstanding last too long. Marriage is not for hot tempered people.

Finally, just decide what's best for you. Singles have unrestricted opportunities and flexible schedules so it's a great advantage if you make use of time wisely.

I wish I could like this comment a 100 times
Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Ayamatanga0: 7:59am On Aug 19, 2022
Mindlog:

It's Lagos-ibadan expressway grin
Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Mindlog: 8:07am On Aug 19, 2022
Ayamatanga0:

It's Lagos-ibadan expressway grin
U
Ayamatanga ....a name dreaded during childhood! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Magnoliaa(f): 8:20am On Aug 19, 2022
Ayamatanga0:
Sigh! The kids here never fail to disappoint

Please, go and sit down. Shey you are already getting the engagements you want na? What else remains?

Kids where? I am surprised nobody is coming for your head. Or that you haven't been accused of bitterness or a vileness that comes from a low self-esteem. So you do not love yourself enough to be alone?

Say marriage is a scam, third world war will happen on your head. Here's one saying singlehood is a scam now, but the thread is chill.

Not your fault sha. Na the grace covering XY people you dey enjoy, because I know you intentionally worded your topic and the OP in a particular way. Yet you're agreeing with everyone that disagrees with you.

Continue. I hope you have thought about the consequences of this your post to posterity. Someone, somewhere, you've just helped solidified their resolve into entering a relationship at ALL COST, because apparently, single life bad, all relationships/marriages sweet. *thumbs up*.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by cococandy(f): 8:57am On Aug 19, 2022
cheesy
Mindlog:

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by cococandy(f): 9:00am On Aug 19, 2022
I just knew the reaction would be different if someone had something to say about marriage.

The OP knew exactly the reaction he was courting. At some point I wondered if he deliberately did it to expose the double standards. You never know wink

OP I see what you did here
Magnoliaa:

Please, go and sit down. Shey you are already getting the engagements you want na? What else remains?

Kids where? I am surprised nobody is coming for your head. Or that you haven't been accused of bitterness or a vileness that comes from a low self-esteem. So you do not love yourself enough to be alone?

Say marriage is a scam, third world war will happen on your head. Here's one saying singlehood is a scam now, but the thread is chill.

Not your fault sha. Na the grace covering XY people you dey enjoy, because I know you intentionally worded your topic and the OP in a particular way. Yet you're agreeing with everyone that disagrees with you.

Continue. I hope you have thought about the consequences of this your post to posterity. Someone, somewhere, you've just helped solidified their resolve into entering a relationship at ALL COST, because apparently, single life bad, all relationships/marriages sweet. *thumbs up*.

5 Likes

Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Acidosis(m): 9:03am On Aug 19, 2022
cococandy:
I just knew the reaction would be different if someone had something to say about marriage.

The OP knew exactly the reaction he was courting. At some point I wondered if he deliberately did it to expose the double standards. You never know wink

OP I see what you did here

But so far, people had a lot to say. I don't see the difference.
Re: Single Life Is A Scam!! by Richy4(m): 9:16am On Aug 19, 2022
OP please get married for the right reasons.. not because u saw some people who might be keeping up appearance...

Marriage is not that rosey if you are not mentally prepared...or you might start craving for freedom..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help Am Dying / 50 Ancient Wisdom For Singles On Marriage. Part 1 / Picture This: Sheep Among Wolves, What Do You Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.