Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,867 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians (4410 Views)

"Jonathan Will Suffer Massive Disgrace In 2015" - Prophet Marcus Korede Tibetan / Why Do Religious Nigerians Run To Secular Countries? / Seun, Stop Bowing To Religious Bigots!!!! Injustice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by sexsinners(m): 7:35am On Aug 06, 2011
every religious nigerian must watch this and end this evil bull, that is effecting every nigerian children today. These are not real pastors these are the demons, fooling these idiotic parents to believe their children are witches and wizards.

smh

description:
A year ago, Dispatches told the story of how children in Africa's Niger Delta were being denounced by Christian pastors as witches and wizards, and then killed, tortured or abandoned by their own families. Following the introduction of the Child Rights legislation and an increase in financial support for a British charity providing a refuge for affected youngsters, the programme returns to find out what happened to some of the people featured in the first film.

[flash=425,400]http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/SbGzFN_NalI?version=3&[/flash]
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Joagbaje(m): 9:20am On Aug 06, 2011
We can't deny that witchcraft is real.  Either in child or adult. But the gospel is what is required to solve it. Those who go into turture and kill witches are acting on old testament scriptures.

Exodus 22:18
18 "Never let a witch live.

I've encountered some of these child witchcraft cases. Some of them even freely confess the evil they did. Which enrage the anger of such frustrated  parents. And I tell you they can really be very wicked. 

The truth of the matter is that witchcraft is not a person but a spirit. The person being tutured
is also a victim in the dark kingdom. Many of them want to leave witchcraft but fear holds them back. Some got it through grandma ,some got it through taking cursed sweets from classmates.

Solution to it is simple salvation through christ. Firstly you must love them , and minister Jesus to them. If there need be. Cast out the witchvraft spirit out of them. But the torture is not necessary because you only torture the human being and not the witchcraft spirit itself.   

We should avoid the two extremes. It is unscritptural to label people witches the way some prophets do.  If the holyghost reveals witchcraft ,the same holyghost should be able to set the  victim  free just like paul did to the slave girl who was a witch following paul.

Acts 16:17-18
17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her
And he came out the same hour.

One extreme see wiches every where the other extreme denies the existence of witchcraft . We have to be careful that Satan won't use occasions like this to promote laws that will eventually hinder captives being set free. Some few churches might have acted wrongly but that doesn't take away the fact that real deliverance is taking place in many churches.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by mazaje(m): 9:55am On Aug 06, 2011
What the hell is this. . . . .My goodness. . . .Why are people doing this to their innocent kids?. . . .Ignorance and silly beliefs are a dangerous disease. . . . .
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by nuclearboy(m): 10:24am On Aug 06, 2011
This is one of the most unsettling issues about Christianity. Hate-filled, scared and ignorant people using their senses to perform evil. Let us assume that these vhildren are truly witches - why do you call yourself a Christian if they can destroy your life and turn around your supposed "destiny"?

I see this as again another example of the lies comibg down from the pulpits. While the Bible says "those that know their God shall be strong and do exploits", the message we hear is "satan is destroying your life". Its rather obvious that the whole idea is to keep people in bondage so they "depend" on the man of God who can then manipulate to his own financial advantage.

Sad!
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Allohrandy(m): 10:40am On Aug 06, 2011
I dont believe that witches and wizards exist
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by mazaje(m): 10:51am On Aug 06, 2011
nuclearboy:

This is one of the most unsettling issues about Christianity. Hate-filled, scared and ignorant people using their senses to perform evil. Let us assume that these vhildren are truly witches - why do you call yourself a Christian if they can destroy your life and turn around your supposed "destiny"?

I see this as again another example of the lies comibg down from the pulpits. While the Bible says "those that know their God shall be strong and do exploits", the message we hear is "satan is destroying your life". Its rather obvious that the whole idea is to keep people in bondage so they "depend" on the man of God who can then manipulate to his own financial advantage.

Sad!

The wise one has spoken well as always. . . . How are you doing my man?. . . .
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Sweetnecta: 10:58am On Aug 06, 2011
In sincerity, i have not watched the video.

From every aspect of LIFE children is looked at as innocent and sinless. This is the position of Islam.

Lets assume that these children for some unexplained reasons have what the christians call witch quality in them, until they commit a crime [evil deed] with it, they are still innocent, just like kleptomaniac who never steal anything, we can't accuse him of be a thief.

@Joeagbaje, you need to re orientate yourself.

@Nuclearboy; You can see how evil lie is? You see my position on children? Thats from Quran and hadith of the messenger [as], the leader of all messengers and Prophets [as].
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by nuclearboy(m): 11:05am On Aug 06, 2011
^^wise? My brother, no man is wise.

Those of us truly in Christ just find that truth, honesty and decency insist that we use "number 6".

I have always maintained that my pet lion (assuming it existed) would not kill another lion because of me. Why then do we kill other humans in the name of God? And this more so under a dispensation as clear as the new testament?

But these people only seek money and thus find reason and decency anathema

I am fine though, thank you and hope you too are on top of all occurences around you

@Sweetnecta:

You have always been a nuisance & a bloated rabid windbag and I see you have no plan to repent of your daftness. Please face your front and avoid me when seeking audiences for your shallowness. As an example of shallowness, I guess your understanding of children rights is sleeping with 6 and 9 year old girls, huh? Abeg, free me
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 06, 2011
@ nuclearboy

It is sad that the name of Christ is blaphemed because of these crazy people.

Children are the heritage of the LORD and any abuse on them is a sure sign of SATAN's eternal hatred for mankind.

No wonder the Scriptures say, "The Gentiles blaspheme the name of God because of you ." - Romans 2:24

Because of the prosperity pimps, child abusers, catholic crusades and others , the name of Christ is maligned among the heathen.

But God knew this will happen

"And wherever they went among the nations they profaned my holy name, for it was said of them, 'These are the LORD's people, and yet they had to leave his land." - Ezekiel 26:20

But with ISLAM child abuse is part and parcel of the whole package, it is an inbuilt feature , for while we Christians expose the  works of darkness that try to hide under the banner of Christianity , Muslims keep quiet with all the havoc they keep wrecking worldwide.

"We reject all shameful deeds and underhanded methods. We don't try to trick anyone or distort the word of God. We tell the truth before God, and all who are honest know this." - 2 Corinthians 4:2

We will keep exposing falsehoods in Christianity and most importantly the dangers of ISLAM.

"Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them" - Ephesians 5:11
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by mazaje(m): 11:33am On Aug 06, 2011
nuclearboy:

@Sweetnecta:

You have always been a nuisance & a bloated rabid windbag and I see you have no plan to repent of your daftness. Please face your front and avoid me when seeking audiences for your shallowness. As an example of shallowness, I guess your understanding of children rights is sleeping with 6 and 9 year old girls, huh? Abeg, free me

grin grin grin grin grin grin. . . . I dey laugh seriously for here. . .
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Joagbaje(m): 11:42am On Aug 06, 2011
frosbel:

It is sad that the name of Christ is blaphemed because of these crazy people.

Because of the prosperity pimps, child abusers, catholic crusades and others , the name of Christ is maligned among the heathen.

Here we go again. WhAt has this got to do with prosperity. Why do you hate prosperity and use every opportunity to attack it. Is prosperity of the devil,

Besides the torture on those children is from their families .
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by nuclearboy(m): 12:07pm On Aug 06, 2011
^^ let me explain to you, Joagbaje

"the love of money is the root of ALL evil" - when the missionaries came, they brought a gospell which included schools, medicine and enlightenment. People embraced them because they related to the practicality of the blessings they saw in the package. How could you reject a message that brought joy, hope, better health etc?

Today, the love of mone has removed all "charity"from Christianity. Now, pastors need a hold over their followers. Some use the allure of wealth and say - "we are the conduit for blessings. Give us and God will give you and Gods 'give' is greater than yours". Some use the allure of safety and say "we will defend you against all arrows of the evil one". Such must therefore HAVE an evil one to blame and so start seeing daft visions.

But what is the root cause? Same love of money AKA "the prosperity gospel".

@mazaje:

My bro, I sound like a demon fighting nectar, ehn? The guy na wonderment - Long boring senseless monologues and a sense of deluded self importance that makes one wonder what his Alfa put inside his prayer kettle for him to perform ablutions with
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Enigma(m): 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2011
Joagbaje:

Here we go again. WhAt has this got to do with prosperity. Why do you hate prosperity and use every opportunity to attack it. Is prosperity of the devil,

Besides the torture on those children is from their families .

The prosperity "gospel" is certainly of the devil.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by thehomer: 2:36pm On Aug 06, 2011
Joagbaje:

We can't deny that witchcraft is real.  Either in child or adult. But the gospel is what is required to solve it. Those who go into turture and kill witches are acting on old testament scriptures.

I've encountered some of these child witchcraft cases. Some of them even freely confess the evil they did. Which enrage the anger of such frustrated  parents. And I tell you they can really be very wicked. 

The truth of the matter is that witchcraft is not a person but a spirit. The person being tutured
is also a victim in the dark kingdom. Many of them want to leave witchcraft but fear holds them back. Some got it through grandma ,some got it through taking cursed sweets from classmates.

Solution to it is simple salvation through christ. Firstly you must love them , and minister Jesus to them. If there need be. Cast out the witchvraft spirit out of them. But the torture is not necessary because you only torture the human being and not the witchcraft spirit itself.   

We should avoid the two extremes. It is unscritptural to label people witches the way some prophets do.  If the holyghost reveals witchcraft ,the same holyghost should be able to set the  victim  free just like paul did to the slave girl who was a witch following paul.

17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her
And he came out the same hour.

One extreme see wiches every where the other extreme denies the existence of witchcraft . We have to be careful that Satan won't use occasions like this to promote laws that will eventually hinder captives being set free. Some few churches might have acted wrongly but that doesn't take away the fact that real deliverance is taking place in many churches.

You are a big part of the problem. People are witches? The Holy Ghost must tell you who is a witch? You then go ahead and point out that the Bible says witches should be killed. What point are you trying to make? There are witches but they shouldn't be killed? Or is it that others can't identify witches but your own Holy Ghost can? Or what exactly?

I repeat, you are a big part of the problem.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by divinereal: 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We can't deny that witchcraft is real. Either in child or adult. But the gospel is what is required to solve it. Those who go into turture and kill witches are acting on old testament scriptures.

I've encountered some of these child witchcraft cases. Some of them even freely confess the evil they did. Which enrage the anger of such frustrated parents. And I tell you they can really be very wicked.

We should avoid the two extremes. It is unscritptural to label people witches the way some prophets do. If the holyghost reveals witchcraft ,the same holyghost should be able to set the victim free just like paul did to the slave girl who was a witch following paul.

17 The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation. 18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her And he came out the same hour.

Witches are real? Are you serious? Do you live in the world that I live in or in the dark ages? When will my people wake up? AFRICA WAKE UP!!! It is is a big shame that your eyes have been blinded by nonsensical superstition. People like the one I quoted disgust me with thier ignorance and must be shamed!!
One thing that I AM 100% SURE ABOUT is that on the charge of WITCHCRAFT ALL THE CHILDREN ARE INNOCENT!!! There is nothing like withcraft in the sense that some nigerians envision it to be. THis is CHILD ABUSE and the parents and ministers SHOULD be prosecuted.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by sexsinners(m): 3:36pm On Aug 06, 2011
for these people who arre hurting these poor innocent kids ,should be arrested and bathed in acid, for they are trying to play god, you don`t get rid of thr devil god does. God will punish these no good fake pastors.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Sweetnecta: 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2011
@Nuclearboy; « #7 on: Today at 11:05:58 AM »
[Quote]^^wise? My brother, no man is wise.[/Quote]if this your statement is correct, the bibles must lying because King Solomon was considered Wise.

i avoided using Jesus you will jump up that human is god.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 06, 2011
Religion isn't the only problem here, but some of the pastors are just plain greedy. The so-called exorcisms they perform aren't free and the parents of these kids must first pay them before they can be performed. Apart from religion and greed, ignorance and lack of education (especially on the parents' part) are two other big reasons behind this. Anyway, did you watch the whole video, sexsinners? I first watched it a year ago, then watched it again a few months ago. Very sad to watch.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Joagbaje(m): 7:04am On Aug 07, 2011
divinereal:

Witches are real? Are you serious? Do you live in the world that I live in or in the dark ages? When will my people wake up? AFRICA WAKE UP!!! It is is a big shame that your eyes have been blinded by nonsensical superstition. People like the one I quoted disgust me with thier ignorance and must be shamed!!
One thing that I AM 100% SURE ABOUT is that on the charge of WITCHCRAFT ALL THE CHILDREN ARE INNOCENT!!! There is nothing like withcraft in the sense that some nigerians envision it to be. THis is CHILD ABUSE and the parents and ministers SHOULD be prosecuted.

Dont talk about what you dont undrstand. witchcraft is real. not only in africa. even in the developed america. dont be ignorant. The thing that i dont approve of here is the abuse of the children by their parents.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by nuclearboy(m): 3:54pm On Aug 07, 2011
@Jo:

Your ignorance is frightening and you should stop exposing it - disgraceful.

Its called a "craft" - Do you pass a craft along by giving someone a biscuit or "Akara"? Crafts are practiced. Do you get to PRACTICE a craft by inheriting the gift and there, Jo becomes an expert "witch"?

Yet you, supposedly a pastor, can come outside and spew such ignorant rubbish passed down from practitioners of traditional religion in all their glorious ignorance.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by sexsinners(m): 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2011
nuclearboy:

@Jo:

Your ignorance is frightening and you should stop exposing it - disgraceful.

Its called a "craft" - Do you pass a craft along by giving someone a biscuit or "Akara"? Crafts are practiced. Do you get to PRACTICE a craft by inheriting the gift and there, Jo becomes an expert "witch"?

Yet you, supposedly a pastor, can come outside and spew such ignorant rubbish passed down from practitioners of traditional religion in all their glorious ignorance.
don't mind him he is probably, one of those idiots who would believe anyone if they said they cused him. people like him are the reason why africa will never advance.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Joagbaje(m): 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2011
Im sure as far as you are concerned there is no devil grin. Don't just it in front of a computer guys. The spirit realm is real . A wise man should make findings before spuing rubbish. It's common sense for you to make your findings.

Witchcraft has always been in existence . Your denial of it shows your ignorance.

2 Chronicles 33:6
6 And he caused his children to pass through the fire in the valley of the son of Hinnom: also he observed times, and used enchantments, and used witchcraft, and dealt with a familiar spirit, and with wizards: he wrought much evil in the sight of the Lord, to provoke him to anger.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by nuclearboy(m): 6:13pm On Aug 07, 2011
"Pastor Jo" cheesy

Still as proud, insolent and preening in ignorance as ever. Sure you think you are very intelligent to provide that scrupture!

Why not remind us too how God repeatedly warned Israel against witchcraft too. Anyway, you missed my point - it is called "W I T C H - CRAFT".

Just like sculpturing is a craft/art, so is witchcraft - meaning it is something you "learn" and "study" till you can practice it effectively. It is NOT something passed through Akara or a "cake" as you said above and it is thus unlikely small children would be adept at such arts. There are books, websites and resources on these things - enlighten yourself rather than pretend scholarship based on tales your illiterate ancestry passed down to you.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Joagbaje(m): 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2011
You are the one that is ignorant. There are several use of the word. And any knowledgeable person should know the difference between the spiritual witchcraft and this your "learning" thing. They two different things. Medical practice can fall into this your so call craft. But that's not the context of this thread nor my post. Demons are real, spirit realm is real. And a new creation has authority over them all.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by nuclearboy(m): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2011
"Pride goes before a fall" and you ought count how many times you have disgraced yourself on NL. Its just the logical result of your pride and not that anyone hates you.

"Fools despise instruction" and dude, you fit that to a "Tee".

You will find that even the Bible that you like to murder talks of "those who PRACTICE witchcraft i.e. the "craft" of Witches. That alone should tell you how close you still remain to paganism. But then, your worship of money and "ol Jeri curls" already proved that, didn't it?

You people should just leave small children alone and prove truly that you are of those that "shall be strong and do exploits" instead of accusing babes just to open their parents wallets
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Joagbaje(m): 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2011
You have been the one disgracing yourself dude. Why im I even wasting my time with him?
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by nuclearboy(m): 7:29pm On Aug 07, 2011
Clown - your ignorance came to you through "akara", ehn?

Omo ifun! tongue
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Joagbaje(m): 7:36pm On Aug 07, 2011
Newmi , where are you ? . Your bomboy is loosing some nuts o. Pls come
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by nuclearboy(m): 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2011
Why waste time calling YOURSELF?

Log out as Jo and log back in as newmi to spout enhanced stupidity.
Then log out as newwi and log in as mabell to ask one asinine question.
Log out as mabell and return as Akhozem to praise yourself (Joagbaje)
Finally return as Jo to expound on more ignorance

That's what NL knows you for - deceit and shallowness
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Enigma(m): 7:50pm On Aug 07, 2011
And Azibalua.   smiley

Edit: "giving children sweets to turn them into witches" lol

Next we'll hear, they will be seeing ẹiyẹ ajẹ (bird of the witches) coming to school as we used to have all those false scares back in primary school.

Yes, there are evil forces; but then do people have to be so slow retar ded* about it?

Might as well use that to show I know some modern lingo --- useless withcraft-tards!

* (I said ret arded in the post and that is what I want to see)
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by nuclearboy(m): 7:54pm On Aug 07, 2011
grin

Don't mind Pastor "liar" who's also known as "please bring money"
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by tpia5: 7:55pm On Aug 07, 2011
Joagbaje can you give examples of what exactly the children who confessed, said they did. Or post a link if possible.

I'd like to know what the adults are seeing which is resulting in this mass hysteria.

Quite obviously something is going on and while the punishments are extreme (i havent watched the video yet however), there has to be a reason for the fear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Right Thinking / How Seed Sowing Is Tearing Marriages Apart In Christ Embassy / Monster Energy Drink Is A Satanic Drink - 666

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.