Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,960 members, 7,838,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians (4413 Views)

"Jonathan Will Suffer Massive Disgrace In 2015" - Prophet Marcus Korede Tibetan / Why Do Religious Nigerians Run To Secular Countries? / Seun, Stop Bowing To Religious Bigots!!!! Injustice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Azibalua(f): 7:22pm On Aug 08, 2011
dare2think:

Mr Newmi,

Not many "Non-Christians" believe in the Bible, so dont you think it is "Folly" to use that same bible to support your argument?   undecided
The bible contains the infallible word of god, whether a Christian or not this is truth.same way Jesus is the only way .
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by newmi(m): 7:26pm On Aug 08, 2011
dare2think:

Mr Newmi,

Not many "Non-Christians" believe in the Bible, so dont you think it is "Folly" to use that same bible to support your argument?   undecided
Well Said my dear friend, but consider this l don't have to be a non Christian to believe in Gravity. There are several reference documents and factual sources to support my arguement but for me the bible is the closest, most reliable and trusted afterall in it is codified the exclusive solution for the matter in question.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Azibalua(f): 7:39pm On Aug 08, 2011
Nuclearboy
[color=#770077]
]Take as simple example the fact that while I say witchcraft exists but not in the manner claimed and tried to explain, 3 people (likely the same person using different IDs) insist I am saying there are no witches. 
[/b]
In what manner do they exist?
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by mabell: 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2011
@newmi,
who is allohrandy?
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by nuclearboy(m): 7:49pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^

Another attempt to rile and\or irritate; then when there is a harsh reaction, the victim mentality kicks in and they start screaming "bully", "he's abusing us and so is not Christian"

Çan't you read through the thread to know my position?

@mabell:

Newmi has imbibed this night. Sapele water number 4 always makes you see funny things
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by thehomer: 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2011
Enigma:

^^^ And above the typical evangelical atheist dishonest tactics.

Even honest non evangelical atheists and other honest non-Christians would readily acknowledge that Christianity does not believe in putting witches to death.

This is simply false. Christians have put people they thought to be witches to death. This is what the Bible also advices.
If Christians are supposed to follow the Bible, and the Bible says this, then those Christians who refuse are violating the law of non-contradiction.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Joagbaje(m): 8:02pm On Aug 08, 2011
@azibalua

Azibalua:

Nuclearboy
[color=#770077][/b]
In what manner do they exist?

You are asking intelligent question as though you are talking to someone resonable .  It's newmi that knows how to handle his dog. cool pls
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Azibalua(f): 8:05pm On Aug 08, 2011
Joagbaje:

@azibalua

You are asking intelligent question as though you are talking to someone resonable .  It's newmi that knows how to handle his dog. cool pls
How we go do?
Looks like the bom boys head has come down ,so let's see how long it will last.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by newmi(m): 8:18pm On Aug 08, 2011
@mabell
thats one contributor l saw on the first page that elicited my response
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Zikkyy(m): 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2011
MyJoe:

I grew up in an area where such beliefs are rife. There is only one thing I am sure of: everyone, including me, used to believe in the concept of akara-borne witchcraft, but I never personally witnessed anything. But Joagbaje and Natasha seem sure of what they have seen concerning this business.

I speak from experience as well smiley

MyJoe:

One is persuaded to see Africa’s child witches of today in this light - kids hallucinating, or "confessing" "so they could go back to sleep" or admitting so the torture would stop. I've not seen the videos in this thread, but like Nuke said, I think it’s time we started looking beyond the obvious.

I agree that this is very possible and i do not support the torture even if the child was guilty. But it's difficult not to believe kids can do things (based on personal observation). How it works, i don't know.

MyJoe:

Men of the pulpit like Joagbaje tend to approach these matters with a certain approach and are always on the lookout for an opportunity to manifest power, hence I will not set too much store by his words here.

True.

MyJoe:

And if I had the resources right now I would propose bringing Martian to taste a few balls of her grandma’s akara if the ancient woman is still alive, with Joagbaje standing by with a crate of olive oil in case my experiment goes awry and Martian starts flying non-stop!  grin

grin grin
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by newmi(m): 9:55pm On Aug 08, 2011
Joagbaje:

@azibalua

As much as l would be tempted to consider that as a complement, l wouldn't think l savour the idea of refering to someone as being "my dog" Yes l know this kid could be or act silly, obnoxious, unbearable and odiously repugnant but the "dog" thing doesnt work for me Perhaps you might want to paraphraseng doesnt work for me Perhaps you might want to paraphrase
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 08, 2011
Natasha,,:

lmao are you all still arguing, @nuclearbot I will keep saying this just because you don't believe in some thing doesn't make it a lie and why do you keep throwing insults at people?
@ Martin, that was the old testament , just as Jo pointed out, we are not meant to do that naymore , [b]same thing goes for a lot of other stuff that was thought to be good before
.[/b]

@bolded
Who is thinking here? god?
are you kidding me?
Is she suffering from some form of amnesia, multiple personality disorder, schizoprenia, repentance or did she just got more mature with age?
"thought to be good before" He is not even sure! after ordering the holy murder of children? what!

Like Martian said:::::
Martian:

Exodus 22 18 still stands because of Matthew 5 17.
Do not suffer a witch to leave is part of the old law and since Jesus didn't come to abolish those laws, those child witches should be dealt with appropriately.

pass me the "holy?" bible; off i go to murder some child witches
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by nuclearboy(m): 10:06pm On Aug 08, 2011
grin

@newmi:

Why should he paraphrase? I like the word "dog" in the context

Shows the veneer is slipping. Truth always shows
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by mabell: 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2011
Jon.Bee:

run along then grin
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by newmi(m): 10:36pm On Aug 08, 2011
@ Azibalua
You know what the best reaction to render to him is to ignore him especially when he begins to get silly (becos sometimes he actually begins by really making a sense or having the potential to make a sense but almost as always is the case he spoils everything with just one wrong word or statement).

Só where have you being all this while becos l can hardly remember youre last contributions on any topic you seem to me as one returning from a vacation hahaha
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:17am On Aug 09, 2011
@Joagbaje and @mabell. I have read your comments through this thread and I must say whatever respect I have for you from an intellectual/scriptural/philosophical standpoint has been irremediably eroded. In summary your absolute faith in scripture is bereft of Discernment. Without Understanding, Knowledge becomes poignant Illiteracy and without Wisdom, Understanding becomes a dangerous tool for Social/Religious Conditioning. You definitely have Knowledge and Understanding - you have not demonstrated Wisdom (perhaps intentionally); it is a common puristic malaise silently plaguing today's religious leaders.

The practice of Witch-craft is REAL - I won't argue about the material influences on society but I will say this. I am not a fan of the Old Testament barbarism but I am sure you will agree with the more lais·sez-faire democratic NT regime (ushered in by Jesus Christ and institutionalized by the Holy Spirit) has this to say

Matthew 18:10 See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.

Whatever happened to the Adult Witches have they become extinct or is it no longer fashionable to be a Witch when you become an adult Children have now become the target of Religious leaders, to be blamed for every failed prayer rendered to God and to strengthen the Ministry of impotent Men-of-God whose parasitic fangs on their spiritually (and financially) impoverished congregation has begun to weaken. It is unfortunate that Christians hide under the guise of scriptural purism and religious reforms to perpetrate acts of evil for the sole purpose of extending a tainted religion founded on psychological and spiritual slavery. The problem is not Christianity, the problem is Christians. is God so impotent he allows his blessings to mankind be possessed by spirits of Witchcraft and get killed for something they have no control over? I dare say - I wish the times of Tribulations come speedily - Christians deserve what is coming to them
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by PA1982(f): 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2011
This is the result of superstitious claptrap.
Demons don't exist.
Shame on all who support this!
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Demainman1: 2:05pm On Aug 09, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

@Joagbaje and @mabell. I have read your comments through this thread and I must say whatever respect I have for you from an intellectual/scriptural/philosophical standpoint has been irremediably eroded. In summary your absolute faith in scripture is bereft of Discernment. Without Understanding, Knowledge becomes poignant Illiteracy and without Wisdom, Understanding becomes a dangerous tool for Social/Religious Conditioning. You definitely have Knowledge and Understanding - you have not demonstrated Wisdom (perhaps intentionally); it is a common puristic malaise silently plaguing today's religious leaders.

The practice of Witch-craft is REAL - I won't argue about the material influences on society but I will say this. I am not a fan of the Old Testament barbarism but I am sure you will agree with the more lais·sez-faire democratic NT regime (ushered in by Jesus Christ and institutionalized by the Holy Spirit) has this to say

Whatever happened to the Adult Witches have they become extinct or is it no longer fashionable to be a Witch when you become an adult Children have now become the target of Religious leaders, to be blamed for every failed prayer rendered to God and to strengthen the Ministry of impotent Men-of-God whose parasitic fangs on their spiritually (and financially) impoverished congregation has begun to weaken. It is unfortunate that Christians hide under the guise of scriptural purism and religious reforms to perpetrate acts of evil for the sole purpose of extending a tainted religion founded on psychological and spiritual slavery. The problem is not Christianity, the problem is Christians. is God so impotent he allows his blessings to mankind be possessed by spirits of Witchcraft and get killed for something they have no control over? I dare say - I wish the times of Tribulations come speedily - Christians deserve what is coming to them

Thank you for your comment above. What Christianity has done to my people! 'O ma she o'

I sometimes wonder what God is waiting for before he destroy this confused world. Who says the bible is not full of contradictions?

This chapter and this verse says 'Kill the witches', this other chapter and verse says 'let them be' na wao.

All these fakes pastors that cannot differentiate between OCD cases, Schizophrenics, Other mental illness will simply conclude that the kids are witches becos their 'holy spirit' assumptions tells them so.

Well!
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Joagbaje(m): 2:07pm On Aug 09, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

@Joagbaje and @mabell. I have read your comments through this thread and I must say whatever respect I have for you from an intellectual/scriptural/philosophical standpoint has been irremediably eroded

In summary your absolute faith in scripture is bereft of Discernment.  Without Understanding, Knowledge becomes poignant Illiteracy and without Wisdom, Understanding becomes a dangerous tool for Social/Religious Conditioning. You definitely have Knowledge and Understanding - you have not demonstrated Wisdom (perhaps intentionally); it is a common puristic malaise silently plaguing today's religious leaders.

Wetin I do?

Whatever happened to the Adult Witches   have they become extinct or is it no longer fashionable to be a Witch when you become an adult   Children have now become the target of Religious leaders, to be blamed for every failed prayer rendered to God
Now I get your point. But we are dealing with a particular case here. Of child witches . That doesnt deny the existence of adult witches. The childwithces grow up to be adult witches. I said in my post if you read carefully that withcraft is either for adult or children. No age barrier. And I said the witches themselves are victims of these demonic spirit. I dont approve of torture on any person labelled as a witch. I think you should read my post again. Thanks
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by tpia5: 8:17pm On Aug 09, 2011
Child witches are recruited at some point along the line, by adults.

I think we all know the saga of child soldiers in africa.

They are made that way and trained by adults.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by tpia5: 8:21pm On Aug 09, 2011
Jesus himself said whoever teaches these little ones to sin, it were better if a milestone were cast around his neck and thrown into the sea.

Another example: child p.orn which features children but is the work of adults.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by mabell: 8:36pm On Aug 09, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

I don't get you really
You sound like you misunderstood me
could you explain better
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Nobody: 10:57pm On Aug 09, 2011
Jon.Bee:

@bolded
Who is thinking here? god?
are you kidding me?
Is she suffering from some form of amnesia, multiple personality disorder, schizoprenia, repentance or did she just got more mature with age?
"thought to be good before" He is not even sure! after ordering the holy murder of children? what!

Like Martian said:::::

pass me the killer bible now!

Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by tpia5: 11:35pm On Aug 09, 2011
oops, its gripping him again.

another episode.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by PA1982(f): 7:43am On Aug 10, 2011
Could someone show me the chapter and verse where Jesus says it's OK to torture children?
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by Azibalua(f): 8:25am On Aug 10, 2011
newmi:

@ Azibalua
You know what the best reaction to render to him is to ignore him especially when he begins to get silly (becos sometimes he actually begins by really making a sense or having the potential to make a sense but almost as always is the case he spoils everything with just one wrong word or statement).

Só where have you being all this while becos l can hardly remember youre last contributions on any topic you seem to me as one returning from a vacation hahaha
Had some serious work to do that took a lot of my time sir,
It would be nice to have a vacation though
grin grin grin grin
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by globexl: 5:31pm On Aug 11, 2011
FOOLISH Africans having senseless debates abt ancient religious myths and whether witchcraft is real or not. SAD , sad and Pathetic.
Indians and Chinese are in their labs researching and preparing medicines for your malaria and typhoid that kill millions of your children every year despite your long, loud and and windy prayers to ancient middleast dieties. SAD and pathetic.

Can we have a discussion or a debate on Neutrinos, Antimatter, black holes, Super novas or subatomic physics? How about the algorithyms that run the computer programs that you are currently using? How do they work? From data gathered from computer simulations,scientist are saying that the earth may have had two moons up until abt 4 billion years ago? WOW. Its seems that the two moons collided and fused with eath other.I sn't that interesting? That might explain the extensive debri found in the astoroid belt in space . It all kinda makes sense, doesn't it?

BUT I guess you moronicans (citizens of MORONica) prefer to talk about witches and wizards and wether they should be killed or not. Huh?
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by globexl: 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2011
Headline news: BOY threatened by strange ailment returns after succesful lsurgery in India.
Please read the story.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/aug/11/509.html

My point is : The pre-eminence of any philosophical or religious precepts or system can easily be seen or measured by the sum of its output or achievements. Emperical science seems to be the ultimate saviour of humankind. If you are reading this posting, then u are validating my point.
Re: A Big Disgrace To Religious Nigerians by PA1982(f): 12:14pm On Aug 12, 2011
I have to agree with you there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

At What Point In Conception Does The Spirit Enter The Body? / Osanyin (osain / Ozain) Talking In My Shrine [video] / Not All Humans Are Humans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.