Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense (18854 Views)

Some Of Bola Tinubu's Projects From 1999-2003 (First Term In Office) / We Need To See Photos Of Tinubu Commissioning Projects Between 1999 To 2007. / How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by erniok(m): 7:14am On Aug 21, 2022
Minjim:

By that, it's clear Yaradua out performed everyone
Maybe he would by look of things especially his policies.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Bollinga: 7:15am On Aug 21, 2022
This is rubbish. Paper performance. In reality it's worst
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Proflere: 7:16am On Aug 21, 2022
29kobo:

We also export to Ghana, Togo and Benin, plus Niger, and those export agreements have been there long before 1999. Using power export to Niger as a point to blast Buhari administration with? Wrong point.
Yeah! We rather use hike in electricity charges, multiple collapse of national grid, dwindling electricity supply which in the end brings us to the question of; if electricity production has increased under this government and we do not feel it as citizens, that means it must have been exported to these various country. Can you then please help us with a data that shows increase in earnings from electricity export since Buhari administration took over. Thank you.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Kingcalls: 7:17am On Aug 21, 2022
jyz200:

I can see hatred all over you
No matter how bad his government is , data show he performs better than the previous administration in terms of electricity yet you’re still hating

We are in 2022 not 2020 abd he has done 8 in 7 yrs and will definitely be the same 8 in 8yrs by the time he leaves ... Jonathan did 6 in 5 yrs ...u do the maths
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Kingcalls: 7:18am On Aug 21, 2022
beardedboy:

It seems worse because you're a kid that doesn't know how power was during previous regimes.

Power was best under Yaradua
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Bollinga: 7:19am On Aug 21, 2022
kingthreat:
If you are thinking that someone who didn't invest one kobo in power generation in Anambra state will do better than all these men, you must be an akpu-eating developer with extreme prejudice.

Peter Obi keeps giving you sleepless night bro. Makes me wonder if he is the only one contesting with Tinubu
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 21, 2022
Proflere:
Yeah! We rather use hike in electricity charges, multiple collapse of national grid, dwindling electricity supply which in the end brings us to the question of; if electricity production has increased under this government and we do not feel it as citizens, that means it must have been exported to these various country. Can you then please help us with a data that shows increase in earnings from electricity export since Buhari administration took over. Thank you.

Well, if you read my posts you would see I am not happy with power supply in Nigeria.

I am just poinitng out to you that the Niger export deal existed long before Buhari came around.

But to answer your question...earnings are not where they should be because power companies, despite the increase in power prices, are still charging below what it costs to produce power in this country BY ORDER of the government.

Like some years ago, when it was still between N20-30 for one kwh...it cost N53 to produce that kwh. PwC put it at N83.

I conclude by asking you, if you were selling exercise books that you bought N500 per piece from the wholesaler at N50 because government wants you to help poor students, and then government increases your price to N100 and then N200, you may be earning a little more...but still losing N300 (down from the N450 loss) per book sold...because the price of the exercise books at the wholesaler is STILL N500....

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by loko50(m): 7:23am On Aug 21, 2022
Jones4190:
Recently i come to realize something about life that life itself is a form of suffering. The rich suffer because of their riches. the poor suffer because of their poverty. People without family suffer because they have no family. People with family suffer because of their family. People who pursue worldly pleasure suffer because of their worldly pressure. People who who abstain from worldly pressure suffer because of their abstention.
This isn't to say that all suffering is equal. Some suffering is certainly more painful than others suffering but we all must suffer nonetheless.

Brilliant
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:23am On Aug 21, 2022
Zydote:

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1561013382005882880?t=Lm525TVPmQ0XBkfxSKdilw&s=19

How much is tariff under the various governments?

Can someone do a value for money check?
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 21, 2022
kingthreat:
If you are thinking that someone who didn't invest one kobo in power generation in Anambra state will do better than all these men, you must be an akpu-eating developer with extreme prejudice.

I am no Obi fan, but Obi did not spend a kobo, because many of his fellow governors who managed to spend a kobo generating power got their hands burnt by the government rule that any power generated in your state must be shared with the rest of the states. (And the thing was , if I recall, tested in court, and the states lost).

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by tete7000(m): 7:24am On Aug 21, 2022
Zydote:

https://twitter.com/StatiSense/status/1561013382005882880?t=Lm525TVPmQ0XBkfxSKdilw&s=19

They added all these and your country is still engulfed in darkness. Na wa for you ó op. You can believe any nonsense.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by dominic17: 7:24am On Aug 21, 2022
Tinubu boys at work ahead of campaign start up. If you know you know.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Staphylococcus: 7:27am On Aug 21, 2022
tuoyoojo:
Buhari added more power, how come power generation seems worse during his regime

Nigerias major problem is not generation. The MAJOR is transmission.

Those figures you see up there cannot even be transmitted to end users directly at same time.

We cannot even transit all we generate at same time without a system collapse.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by kingthreat(m): 7:29am On Aug 21, 2022
Bollinga:

Peter Obi keeps giving you sleepless night bro. Makes me wonder if he is the only one contesting with Tinubu

Sleepless nights indeed. I have sex up to like 3 rounds and still sleep well unbothered by him.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Nobody: 7:29am On Aug 21, 2022
BIZNess123:
grin

Buhari performed well esp in terms of infrastructure and electricity...

Meanwhile tinubu is coming
you and your ppl are maad
Brain dead apc urchin
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Proflere: 7:30am On Aug 21, 2022
This is a very simple analysis and government would not be compelling distributors how much electricity should cost unless they are ready to fill up the gaps either by paying the difference or helping in the area of distribution cost. But then i trust the government to be owing for months in the name of there is no fund to meet up with the subsidy.
29kobo:

Well, if you read my posts you would see I am not happy with power supply in Nigeria.

I am just poinitng out to you that the Niger export deal existed long before Buhari came around.

But to answer your question...earnings are not where they should be because power companies, despite the increase in power prices, are still charging below what it costs to produce power in this country BY ORDER of the government.

Like some years ago, when it was still between N20-30 for one kwh...it cost N53 to produce that kwh. PwC put it at N83.

I conclude by asking you, if you were selling exercise books that you bought N500 per piece from the wholesaler at N50 because government wants you to help poor students, and then government increases your price to N100 and then N200, you may be earning a little more...but still losing N300 (down from the N450 loss) per book sold...because the price of the exercise books at the wholesaler is STILL N500....
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by EndsarsReloaded: 7:36am On Aug 21, 2022
tempest01:
What is Twh? Does Nigeria produce up to 10,000 megawatts of electricity talk less of Terrawatt?

Propaganda people.

The last time I remember, our current generation is close to same as it was under GEJ, about 3000 to 5000 MW.

And GEJ initiated most of the new power plants which had multiple phases to come online.

How is the unit TWh being applied here?

Now you see why some of us don't accept Nigerian data simply because it is often doctored, manipulated and cooked to suit a particular narrative.

They avoided using the term megawatts which almost everyone in Nigeria uses simply because if you claim that Buhari generated 3000 megawatts, they will ask how many is the total now? Is there any difference with what it was before he came to power?! So, they now want to confuse everyone.

This government is just scam.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Smith414: 7:38am On Aug 21, 2022
jyz200:

I can see hatred all over you
No matter how bad his government is , data show he performs better than the previous administration in terms of electricity yet you’re still hating
I can see MUMURIZIM all over you... Data that can be edited at any time, how are you sure this data is accurate??
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Ogbuji800(m): 7:39am On Aug 21, 2022
From 1999 to 2020 we are still celebrating mediocrity. By now Nigeria shouldn't be talking about electricity. We should be at another level of development. Bad government and unscrupulous leadership.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by asanausana91: 7:43am On Aug 21, 2022
vicchuks7:
Nonsense talk
it pain this hater
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Richy986: 7:45am On Aug 21, 2022
Legal issues on mambilla just got sorted. He will complete it before May 2023
3ple9iner:
Buhari should have completed the mambila hydro plant.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by asanausana91: 7:47am On Aug 21, 2022
UselessBuharist:
The person calculating this useless statistics must be an APC zombie
you are a useless hater. Buhari has done very well in infrastructure and electricity.
People like you will appreciate Buhari when it is too late.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by gaskiyamagana: 7:48am On Aug 21, 2022
UselessBuharist:
The person calculating this useless statistics must be an APC zombie
He is a confirmed statisticfoolsian

1 Like

Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by matemate: 7:51am On Aug 21, 2022
cool

Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by UselessBuharist: 7:52am On Aug 21, 2022
asanausana91:
you are a useless hater. Buhari has done very well in infrastructure and electricity.
People like you will appreciate Buhari when it is too late.

Infrastructure that can’t be used due to insecurity caused by his brothers from Niger, Chad and Mali.

You just confirm yourself as one of the zombie I talked about
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by bigpicture001: 7:53am On Aug 21, 2022
Obasanjo did the best... Ask me y
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 7:54am On Aug 21, 2022
Goodluck is the best performer under 4 years (2011-2015) added 6twh. 2010 (he was not in charge). Na born to rule cabal get 2010 as far as I am concerned.

Inspite of the constant threat from "born to rule people" to undo his development works on the country, he outperformed them all.
Those that said they will soak baboon and dog blood. Those that said they will make the country ungorvernable.

Your man used 8years to get 8twh, despite the fact that he has the support of "born to rule" and he is one himself.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by arsenal33: 7:55am On Aug 21, 2022
tuoyoojo:
Buhari added more power, how come power generation seems worse during his regime
distribution
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by donmik: 7:57am On Aug 21, 2022
BIZNess123:
grin

Buhari performed well esp in terms of infrastructure and electricity...

Meanwhile tinubu is coming

Pls read figure and interprete well.
Yaradua was the best. He used 2 years to make 3MW but Buhari uses 2 years to achieve 2MW.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by SunMusk(m): 7:59am On Aug 21, 2022
Which Obasanjo?? You the dream?? Light started getting better during Goodluck.
lanocfoods:
My light was better during OBJ to GEJ era, buhari tenure saw it drop
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by SolarEngr(m): 7:59am On Aug 21, 2022
Na to go Solar o.

Check my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola: Under Estimate Tinubu's Intelligence At Your Own Peril / Photos and video From The Apc Presidential Campaign Rally In Zamfara / Rivers Crisis Is Not An Ethnic War Me And My Team Will Accept Peace - Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.