Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense (18847 Views)

Some Of Bola Tinubu's Projects From 1999-2003 (First Term In Office) / We Need To See Photos Of Tinubu Commissioning Projects Between 1999 To 2007. / How PDP Zoned Presidential Ticket From 1999 To 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Penboy: 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2022
beardedboy:

If the income shrink is also considered alongside the population explosion, it's obvious that all previous regimes will be dwarfed.

The current administration is responsible for it's income.
A shrink in the income shows how incompetent the administration is.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by loswhite(m): 4:18pm On Aug 21, 2022
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by UselessBuharist: 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2022
ATLIEN2027:

See a typical brainwashed misguided IPIG terrorist monkey. An Obi tuary Zombidient cretin.
Instead of you to prove that my theory is wrong or not factual, you are here ranting like e true Zombidient IPIG terrorist monkey that you are.
Pls get lost and FVCK off.

Goat make I leave you, animals have nothing to argue with humans
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by loswhite(m): 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2022
29kobo:

It's like you don't get it.

Okay, would you let government set the prices of stuff you sell at a price below what you bought it for wholesale?
Why did you buy it when you know clearly the terms and conditions? I don't understand Nigerian youths. Do you think those ppl are that stupid? Did Nigerian government force them to buy it? Do you know or hear what service charge was as at 2013? A service charge is a fixed charge paid to the distribution companies monthly even though they did not distribute Electricity. BEDC has over 10 million homes under its distribution network. Multiply 750 by just 5 million....Thats free money distribution companies get monthly for doing nothing. It is not part of energy sales o. It is just a monthly service charge. If you don't have light for 2 months you will still pay the service charge. Phase 3 meters pay 1100 monthly. This was the agreement Goodluck Jonathan gave to them. Do you think they are stupid enough to take loan for Business venture that is not profitable...lol. How can you have a petrol station and for some reason prefer to estimate the quantity sell to customers? This ppl are not interested in sales of energy. A serious distribution company will first and foremost meter their customers. Go and check how long we paid fixed service charges before it was stopped by Buhari's Government.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 21, 2022
loswhite:
Why did you buy it when you know clearly the terms and conditions? I don't understand Nigerian youths. Do you think those ppl are that stupid? Did Nigerian government force them to buy it? Do you know or hear what service charge was as at 2013? A service charge is a fixed charge paid to the distribution companies monthly even though they did not distribute Electricity. BEDC has over 10 million homes under its distribution network. Multiply 750 by just 5 million....Thats free money distribution companies get monthly for doing nothing. It is not part of energy sales o. It is just a monthly service charge. If you don't have light for 2 months you will still pay the service charge. Phase 3 meters pay 1100 monthly. This was the agreement Goodluck Jonathan gave to them. Do you think they are stupid enough to take loan for Business venture that is not profitable...lol. How can you have a petrol station and for some reason prefer to estimate the quantity sell to customers? This ppl are not interested in sales of energy. A serious distribution company will first and foremost meter their customers. Go and check how long we paid fixed service charges before it was stopped by Buhari's Government.

All this long grammar does not answer my question.

The fact is, government is not supposed to be setting prices for businessmen.

At the end of the day, we must pay for electricity at a price that is set by the DISCOS and GENCOS, not by the government

If you do not like it, then that means you support government setting the prices of every business in the country. I guess you know how it would end.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by loswhite(m): 5:38pm On Aug 21, 2022
29kobo:

All this long grammar does not answer my question.

The fact is, government is not supposed to be setting prices for businessmen.

At the end of the day, we must pay for electricity at a price that is set by the DISCOS and GENCOS, not by the government

If you do not like it, then that means you support government setting the prices of every business in the country. I guess you know how it would end.

Disco should set prices for electricity for Nigerians without metre right? Or Government should provide metre for DISCO customers and then allow DISCO to set prices...lol. The problem of Nigeria is the citizens.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2022
loswhite:
Disco should set prices for electricity for Nigerians without metre right? Or Government should provide metre for DISCO customers and then allow DISCO to set prices...lol. The problem of Nigeria is the citizens.

Did I oppose meter? Don't put words in my mouth.

Also, that means that you support price controls for everyone. So, don't complain if you get bad power, because your support for government price controls means you want them to keep operating at a loss...meaning no improvement.

Enjoy your poor power. Nothing is free in freetown. You cannot pay for a ferrari with the money you would use to buy one bottle of coke.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by loswhite(m): 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2022
29kobo:

Did I oppose meter? Don't put words in my mouth.

Also, that means that you support price controls for everyone. So, don't complain if you get bad power, because your support for government price controls means you want them to keep operating at a loss...meaning no improvement.

Enjoy your poor power. Nothing is free in freetown. You cannot pay for a ferrari with the money you would use to buy one bottle of coke.
You can't see the flaws in DISCO not providing metre after 7 years but you can focus on price setting..lol. Tbe question is if Government allows them to set the price they want, Which metre will you use to measure your consumption? They should set price and they should also estimate what ever they like for you afterall the government is the problem....SMH.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by SolarEngr(m): 7:18pm On Aug 21, 2022
The solution is right on my signature.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by einsteine(m): 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2022
tempest01:
What is Twh? Does Nigeria produce up to 10,000 megawatts of electricity talk less of Terrawatt?

Propaganda people.

The last time I remember, our current generation is close to same as it was under GEJ, about 3000 to 5000 MW.

And GEJ initiated most of the new power plants which had multiple phases to come online.

How is the unit TWh being applied here?

Twh is power x time. It's another unit of energy.

Watts is power. Watts-hour is used for energy consumption.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by tempest01(m): 12:21am On Aug 22, 2022
einsteine:

Twh is power x time. It's another unit of energy.

Watts is power. Watts-hour is used for energy consumption.

Okay...So do the maths and let me know how 5000 MW of power generation resolves to the figures quoted above.
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by einsteine(m): 1:10am On Aug 22, 2022
tempest01:

Okay...So do the maths and let me know how 5000 MW of power generation resolves to the figures quoted above.

5000 MW of power available for a year is 43.8TWh

The uptime is not usually 100% which corresponds to the current 40TWh
Re: Electricity Production By Governments From 1999 To 2020 - StatiSense by grandstar(m): 2:32pm On Sep 09, 2022
okosodo:
Yorubas will constantly try to patronize the most useless man in history. E be like say this need of people like suffer die . They will use any opportunity to downplay the disaster buhari has been.
Jonathan wey build Azurra and start mambilla is worse in the eyes of a Yoruba man when compared to a buhari that built absolutely nothing and did not even touch power

Is your statement here based on facts or mere perception?

What you're saying here sounds like fiction. I am Yoruba. Have spoken to Yoruba people specifically about Buhari?

Buhari has put in far more effort into Mambilla dam than GEJ. But that's completely irrelevant
What is relevant is - wetin concern Yoruba with Mambilla dam? If I went to Onitsha market and asked a market woman what does she think about the Mambilla hydroelectric dam, won't she just stare at me with a blank face? She has probably never even heard of the Mambilla plateau, how much more a dam!

You state they downplay the disaster Buhari is. From the word go, Igbos disliked him because he looked typical Fulani and nothing else. It had nothing to do with his capability.

I am Yoruba. My cousin who is a graduate voted for him in 2019. I tried to dissuade him but I did not succeed. He said he just likes the man: his principled and respectable character just appeals to him.

My Unilag alumni has a WhatsApp group. Many of my classmates support Buhari. I try to convince them he is a disaster but they won't listen. They refer to the various projects presently going on throughout the coubtry: 2nd Niger bridge, Lagos-Ibadan expressway, the railway lines lines crisscrossing the country and many more.

They mention the new war planes purchased that is assisting the army win continuous victories over BOKO HARAM. They speak of the very low rate of piracy on the country's waters. These are undeniable "achievements" that can't be refuted. The list goes on. Na lie I dey tok?

When that 2nd Niger bridge is completed next year, it would yield many Igbo votes. Buhari's popularity has started to wane but I can't state by how much as though you care. People are not just blindly following him but have reasons why.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu: Tribunal Rejects Mbah’s Request To Strike Out NYSC Certificate Forgery / Nnamdi Kanu's Petition Against Tsoso Jonh (Justice) / Reno Omokri To Charly Boy “Not All Pastors Are Conmen”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.