Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K (17727 Views)

Cleaner Earns N375,000 Monthly In Niger State – Investigation / HELP!!! He Wants To Quit His Job / He Earns More Than Half A Million Per Month Yet He's So Unhappy With His Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by babaowo: 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2011
1k usd per month in naija,its not bad thou mayb he need to limits his expenses.
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by eggo: 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2011
i dont think leaving his job dat his sure of getting dat constant bar at d end of the month is a good idea, wot stops him from finding wot he wants to do first b4 leaving,

wot if after leaving den his stuck wif his family, and wot stops him frm having sumtin to do by d side of his job?
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by ypad: 10:50pm On Aug 12, 2011
your friend is too extravagant even if he earn N500k/month it 'll still not be enough for him. there are family whose income is N50k/month yet they survive how much more N160k. he should go back to drawing board and work on his expenditure.

He should move to cheaper house
do away with alcohol
the money for the family upkeep should be reduce and that of the son.
eat before going to work and buy cabin biscuit with beverages worth of N2k for lunch in the office. lock it in your office drawer, this should be for one month.
go for cheap networking line with low tarrif.

he should be able to save more than 20% of his income

it's better to leave low now and enjoy at old age.

how to manage the family income,  http://greatwomanwithlove..com/2011/04/household-income.html
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by nkeco: 10:52pm On Aug 12, 2011
Leave the person alone to walk through the street looking for another job
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by Princek12(m): 11:11pm On Aug 12, 2011
he can do yahoo yahoo in the mean time
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by aloyemeka2: 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2011
The fear of the unknown is the weirdest of all fears. He shouldn't wait for 27th as long as he has something planned to engage himself. In life, one must take a leap of faith before he/she can make it otherwise he will end up living from hand to mouth and in case you think things will change in that job, it will get worse till the finally nail him to the cross/dump him. Let him get out as fast as he came in.
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by ranlaen: 11:23pm On Aug 12, 2011
Intrestingly enough i see this in the UK everyday but they have a better safety net.Worst scenario is you claim unemployment benefit and house credits.
Most times i see people quit in the UK its exactly same reason - no progress,fed up,bored,work too far from home.
Now in Nigeria thats a totally different story.Who will pay his bills when the money runs out .Surely , not goodluck!
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by DisGuy: 11:41pm On Aug 12, 2011
Seems your friend lives in Abuja

Best option is to start his hustling on the side, at least it would be established before he quits completely and if possible partner with someone else
if he works long hours-- That way he isn't changing much, he might not want his wife to work and he keeps his society accommodation grin
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by andyanders: 11:54pm On Aug 12, 2011
I think, this same guy even with 1 million naira every month, he will still be looking for more. Since he is desperate to resign, allow him so that he will go into unemployment market and with zero income, he will lose his home and his wife and die early. For the first 3 to 6months of his resignation, do not give him money. Allow him to taste poverty. If you start giving money, he will not feel the pain. He can only realize his mistake when every one denies him assistance. He is self--ish by his thinking. If he is a man, he should adjust his life style. If care is not taken, if exposed to money where he works, he might end up stealing from the office and that will be his end. He is greedy. People manage whatever they earn. No matter his problems, if he wants to be reasonable, he can still be saving 40k every month from that same 160k. Let him adjust his life style. period.
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by aukasa: 1:18am On Aug 13, 2011
Life may be risk itself, for no pain no gain. but in all honesty a married man does not take the kind of risk he intends venturing into in a hurry, many are not happy with their jobs but when they look at their wife and children(child) they are consoled with it.
Clearly his problem is pure economics apparently spending more than he earns or nearly what he earns, let him scale down his expensive life for now and be realistic with his economic condition. False life is not helping him, 160K if properly planned is well enough for him to live comfortably but if has chosen not to be frugal in spending (consuming alcohol and possibly buying things without market survey and renting an expensive apartment are all his problems) or may be he imitates a friend earning much more he surely has to regret no doubt; hence his current misery.
My last word he dear not quit that job, his problem his inability to draw a scale of preference, hang on and look for another job.I don't need to tell him a babalawo or pastor or alfa told me this, but if with all my advise he is still stubborn then let him keep the letter for three more months and discuss extensively with his immediate and extended family and close friends.

Nobody has all he wants in life you only make the best of what you have at any moment.
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by gee2(m): 2:23am On Aug 13, 2011
really, civil eng. pays if he get d contract, he's bound 2 make mor money handlin 1 project bt its beta he stays put while makin d rite connections that wil help him b4 droppin d current job. maybe he aint tellin u sumfin. he mite be startin out as an enterpreneur
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by bayourfar(m): 4:01am On Aug 13, 2011
Different people with different views.

Last year to be precise 1st of April I resigned from my paid employment to start my own business though it was a tough decision to make but thank God today I'm better off.

While I was working I suspect that when I get married my income will not be able to sustain my responsibilities as a husband, father and has a responsible man.

So I decided to make the sacrifice before I get married, it is better when you are single because there is no pressure and no compulsory responsibilities on you.

I know how the guy feels because I have been there but some people will never understand at all.

The truth of the matter is that most employees are going through this same condition but they are just there, I will never advise him not to step out, if I can do it then he can do it as well.

Before I forget, I formulated a transition plan which I implemented - he must have transition plan to work with , ( from employee to business owners)

I can help him with a transition plan FREE OF CHARGE.

080 342 914 42
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 13, 2011
@ aloy-emeka and bayourfar you guys are 100% right. What I have noticed among our people is that this "no work syndrome" has enslaved everyone such that we all wake up every working day so unhappy with our jobs and yet we just keep going back without thinking for a way out. to all those shouting he should consider his son and his wife before he takes such step, what if the guy gets fired wont the family survive? My advice to your friend is that if he has a concrete plan he should quit and do what he ought to should he had lost his job. People it is time for everyone to open their eyes, this life is too short to wake up every morning so unhappy because you don't like your job yet you are so afraid to take a chance. The earlier we all realize that we can do better with our lives and stop this "no-work mentality" the better our lives will become.
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by akyus(m): 6:40am On Aug 13, 2011
Your friend probably have seen someone who is not working to earn a salary but enjoying peace. So he thinks, if that person who is hustling is doing well then him with his qualifications can do better out there instead of working like a slave in an office and earning salary. It's so amazing how most of the time we put all our trust and confidence in either money or some certificates that we have acquired. Non of this brings peace. Either as a muslim or a christian, your friend needs a deep knowledge and understanding of the word of God. My advice may sound foolish but it's the truth.
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by WebSurfer(m): 7:17am On Aug 13, 2011
He should be ready for some robbery then grin
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by unclenna(m): 7:18am On Aug 13, 2011
Remember to keep in touch with this thread as i bring you tomorrow's English league match analysis.
FRANCE vs NIGERIA DETAILED MATCH ANALYSIS AND PREDICTION

This analysis was done with unbiased mind since is for betting purpose. After all we are looking for ways to make our cash regardless of the team that will win.

MATCH ODDS FROM 10 BOOKMAKERS

FRANCE VS NIGERIA (THIS TABLE MAY NOT SHOW PROPERLY)
1 (FRANCE) X (DRAW) 2 (NIGERIA)
2.94 3.07 2.37
3.00 3.20 2.40
2.63 3.20 2.38
2.50 3.20 2.50
2.88 3.20 2.30
2.88 3.00 2.30
2.65 3.20 2.55
3.20 3.10 2.26
2.65 3.20 2.50
2.78 3.10 2.40

N/B: 1 means HOME TEAM WINS (FRA)
X means DRAW
2 means AWAY TEAM WINS (NIG)

France is represented with 1 while Nigeria is represented with 2. This means that France is playing home while Nigeria is playing away. In betting the first country is always the home team while the 2nd is the away team i.e FRANCE VS NIGERIA. Let’s move ahead.

Looking at the odds above from 10 different bookmakers you will notice that the odds are in favour of Nigeria to win than France though the margin is not that much…this you must take into consideration when deciding on the country to back.

LAST FOUR MATCHES PLAYED WITH GRAPHS (Graph not shown because of file format not supported)

FRANCE ANALYSIS
COLOMBIA 4 - 1 FRANCE
FRANCE 3 - 1 SOUTH KOREA
FRANCE 2 - 0 MALI
FRANCE 1 - 0 ECUADOR

STRIKING FORCE

From the graph(Graph not shown because of file format not supported) above you can see that the striking force or power of France is on the down trend. Meaning that the tendency of France scoring goals is low. So for France to win Nigeria we should expect a good forward attack from France.

DEFENSIVE FORCE

From the graph above(Graph not shown because of file format not supported) you can see that the defensive force or power of France is on the down trend which is a good sign of improvement in there defense. This means fewer goals are expected against France. If France should maintain this defensive form and improve in there striking force the tendency of winning the day will increase. Let’s move over to Nigeria

NIGERIA ANALYSIS
FOUR LAST MATCHES:

NIGERIA 5 - 0 GUATEMALA
CROATIA 2 - 5 NIGERIA
SAUDI ARABIA 0 - 2 NIGERIA
NIGERIA 1 - 0 ENGLAND

STRIKING FORCE

From the graph(Graph not shown because of file format not supported) you can see, Just like France, Nigeria is experience a downward striking force. After scoring five goals in two different matches they fall sharply to two goals then later to one goal. From the statistics, fewer goals are expected from Nigeria side and for Nigeria to win the day there striking force must improve drastically to be able to break France’s defensive force which has improved in their last three matches.

DEFENSIVE FORCE:

From the graph(Graph not shown because of file format not supported) above, Nigeria has a downward defensive force which is a good sign of good defensive quality and fewer goals expected from their opponent. For Nigeria to carry the day they have to maintain this good defensive quality and improve their striking force.

PREDICTION
WARNING: This is a very dicey game.
• At the end of 90mins, am expecting a maximum of four goals or a minimum of one goal.
• Either A 2 – 1 win for the winning team or
• A 2 -2 draw at the end of 90mins.
France: Back under 2.5 (When you back France “under 2.5” you are saying that France will not score more than 2 goals)

Nigeria: Back under 2.5 (When you back Nigeria “under 2.5” you are saying that Nigeria will not score more than 2 goals)

This match is layed than backed. For the benefit of those who are not conversant with betting terms – When you LAY a team you are saying that the team will either lose or Draw the match. You will win if the team lose or draw the match. But if the team wins the match you will lose. When you BACK a team you will win only if the team wins the match but will lose if the team draws or lose the match.

I will prefer to lay against France

Keep in touch with this post as I send in more match analysis.
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 13, 2011
1. His rent is about 27k/month

2. He allocate 15/month for his son upkeep

3. He wife take 30k to the market every first week.

[s]4. He spend approximately 30k in expense to work (transport + Lunch)[/s]

5. Pays light bill 3k ie 'Unavailable electricity'

[s]6. Buy gas of 10k before the months end. (car + generator)[/s]

7. Shayo like 3 to 5k/month(weekends)

8. Buy recharged card, hair cut, toiletries + family wahala.
those are the only things he may have control over, imho

all this move to a cheaper apartment, cut your sons upkeep, cut feeding - na noise

low rent neighbourhoods come wit their own issues - when u live among people earning significantly less than you, there is always a risk that some ne'er do well in the neighbourhood will be the one to sic some robbers on you

as to cutting on baby upkeep etal - how is that done? you decide not to buy diapers? or you decide to buy a smaller tin of baby food? add to teh fact that cost of living keeps going up - two months ago, a tin of peak 123 was n550, its now n700

and it will get worse - you will soon start paying daycare and school fees

i'm not sure where cut your coat comes in here - the guy does not come across as having expensive habits, imho.

the only thing he may be able to cut on is his lunch and shayo - maybe his generator. of course, he can decide to opt for a lower quality of life - get rid of gen , use cloth nappies, feed your child wit whatever it is that people in face me i face you use, but that comes with its own issues - stress

unless the guy has plenty savings or his wife is earning a salary this 'hustle' thing may not work out. the people who he sees making it with hustling -  is he sure he is seeing the full picture? does he have their connections? is he certain they are not doing shady business and fronting?

anyway, na the story of plenty naija workers

best your guy can do is to push his cv, and hustle for pp. PP full ground for abj

and erm use condom - one pikin is enough right now
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by deenee: 7:40am On Aug 13, 2011
'Hustling', this is an ambiguous term. For sure depending on a monthly wage is the worst addiction anyone can have. Far worst than being hooked on controlled substances but then let;s not get carried away with the grass will be 'greener'  on the  other side story and advise him to take that leap of faith without some thought.

He has to consider his wife and kid. If he is still single then he can take such risk but with a family, such life changing decisions have to be taken with cautious optimism.

First and foremost, what does he intend to do if he resigns on the 27th? He should have a mind map of what he wants to do in 'hustling' terms  and also plans on paper to get this done. If not he should just stay put at his job and sort this  out first

As earlier indicated, he still needs to learn financial discipline either way. BEST OF LUCK!
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by doublekay: 8:30am On Aug 13, 2011
at a time i begin to see reasons wit ur friend. 160 k per month is not that fantastic but leaving that job now is a more non fantastic tin 2 do, he should rather look up a job 4 d wife so that could act as a backup incase he eventualy opts 4 hustlin
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 13, 2011
Though the money is extremely small in my opinion but let your friend manage till he gets another job.it doesn't make any sense if he jumps from fry pan to fire.
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by Dalby(m): 8:49am On Aug 13, 2011
A dog that is destined to die no longer hears the hunters whistle cry cry cry
People are struggling for minimum wage to be raised to N18k and you want to resign on N160k.
Please remember the way back to this thread to update us 3 months down the road undecided undecided undecided
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by Doctorflaky(f): 9:27am On Aug 13, 2011
Let him quit d job, so dat I can take it. Is it compulsory u live big?
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by Dalby(m): 9:39am On Aug 13, 2011
Doctor flaky:

Let him quit d job, so dat I can take it. Is it compulsory u live big?

grin grin grin
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by tkb417(m): 9:54am On Aug 13, 2011
Tough!

1) he should have saved a bit before attempting to leave his current job . If he doesnt have savings, it will be tough

2) what does he mean by 'hustling' - i need clarification pls

3) He shd try and manage whatever biz hes trying to do side by side with his current job for like 6 months. when his revenue/income becomes steady, he can pull out

4) hes married, he shdnt be in a hurry to plunge the fam into wahala and oh yeah, the wife shd be ready to assist

I left a job that was paying multiples of what hes earning  but i wasnt married and i knew if it backfired, i could always run back to my former employers. They'll be very happy to have me back (will his workplace take him back if he runs into probs)

having your own outfit to run surely would pay in the long run but that gestation period of between 6-18months can be difficult more especially that hes married

he shd sit down, set up the 'joint', run side by side with his 160k job and leave when there is an appreciable pattern in revenue from the joint
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by MariAmara(f): 9:54am On Aug 13, 2011
@poster
I'm pretty sure your friend has not been following the recent event that occurred barely three months ago, where a man mercilessly butchered his own wife all because he was frustrated. What caused that frustration? Joblessness, because he had earlier been fired from his workplace.
An idle man is indeed a devil's workshop, do you think that saying is mere water under bridge. With the rate of unemployment in Nigeria people are scrambling for anything that can atleast provide a decent meal for themselves and families. And your friend with his bulky income cannot "manage" it?! WTF?? Sorry to say, but he's an i.diot. Let him resign, I just pray his wife does not pay with her life when his frustration mood swings hit.
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by tkb417(m): 9:57am On Aug 13, 2011
the way people are slating this man, you can gauge how many people think

what if the 'hustle' turns to gold and he starts employing you loudmouths grin grin grin grin grin
relax abeg

Nothing new under the sun. Its a risk and he might be far better off when the whole 'shindig" starts
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by damola1: 10:00am On Aug 13, 2011
this risk is best taken when you have shocks, not when you under pressure,
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by Dalby(m): 10:00am On Aug 13, 2011
The funny thing is that it is his life, we are only advising considering our various understanding of the state of the Nigerian economy undecided undecided undecided
If it is good for him it will be good for Nigeria, one less person to worry about wink wink wink
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by MariAmara(f): 10:08am On Aug 13, 2011
tkb417:

the way people are slating this man, you can gauge how many people think

what if the 'hustle' turns to gold and he starts employing you loudmouths grin grin grin grin grin
relax abeg

Nothing new under the sun. Its a risk and he might be far better off when the whole 'shindig" starts
please tell me how many hustles actually turn to gold, or the four walls of EFCC jail tongue
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by tkb417(m): 10:11am On Aug 13, 2011
MariAmara:

please tell me how many hustles actually turn to gold, or the four walls of EFCC jail tongue
i dont know the definition of hustle now

if its him going solo - entrepreneurship, partnership etc, then the chances of the hustle turning gold is 50/50

if its the other kinda hustle, hes on his own
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by halfcurrent(m): 10:15am On Aug 13, 2011
Bros, Please advise your friend not to make a hasty decision; a lot of our friends in civil service that have been in prolong argument/negotiation with govt. to pay meagre minimum wage of 18k are also family men with children to cater for. so pls think twice. " a bird in hand is worth thousand on the tree" pls read up all the useful comments/advise on this thread, and you will find enough reasons to convince your friend not to leave his job. shikena!
Re: He Wants To Quit Because He Earns 'only' 160K by Remii(m): 10:24am On Aug 13, 2011
halfcurrent:

Bros, Please advise your friend not to make a hasty decision; a lot of our friends in civil service that have been in prolong argument/negotiation with govt. to pay meagre minimum wage of 18k are also family men with children to cater for. so pls think twice. " a bird in hand is worth thousand on the tree" pls read up all the useful comments/advise on this thread, and you will find enough reasons to convince your friend not to leave his job. shikena!

we have modified that phrase to "a bird in the hand is the only bird" lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

45 Police Officers Who Arrested Evans Get Special Promotion / 5 Habits That Make People Stay In Poverty For Life / Earn Real Money Online Easily, You Can Earn 2500$ Dollars Weekly Guaranteed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.