Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,004 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) (19762 Views)

Garba Adamu Mocks Peter Obi's Speech At The NBA Conference / Peter Obi Knelt Down To Greet Atiku At NBA Conference (Photos, Video) / Peter Obi Mobbed At NBA Conference (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by DigitalLawyer: 7:35am On Aug 23, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Now compare to Senator Shettima's speech and you will realise that HE Obi is mediocre. Nobody will believe that his 8-year reign as Anambra Governor is bereft of legacies he can use to campaign. Haba!! Definitely his speech seems like he was the author of the Book of Lamentations yet no solution or antecedents he could use to campaign.

Nigerians will not vote for mediocrity. Completely mediocre that come 2031, if he contests against the then sitting VP Shettima, he will still lose.
check my signature for freebies!

Make una carry this una ancestor commot from here.
If you were not able to pick anything from what Obi said, then your education if any is a waste.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by Elporo(m): 7:36am On Aug 23, 2022
kolaaderin:
He will keep talking about the problem without any form of solution. This guy just want to ride on our problems to the presidency. He has no single definite solution.

Peter Obi uses the 7 o'clock news as his speech and talking points.

He just repeats the news. grin He should apply for a job at NTA.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by ChicagoBar(m): 7:38am On Aug 23, 2022
This Obi no get brain at all ....

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by olusma23(m): 7:41am On Aug 23, 2022
ote author=kolaaderin post=115967624]He will keep talking about the problem without any form of solution. This guy just want to ride on our problems to the presidency. He has no single definite solution. [/quote]

You just mailed it . As far as we are all tired of this Nigeria present condition. Peter Obi just want to use Nigeria challenges to ride on and win the election as he has never profound any solution to any of this our problem as a nation.

Can't he even tell us some of his achievements as former governor for 8 years. He even said he never paid any of his legal team one Naira. Haba!

If Peter Obi win, everything he does will always be right in the sight of his supporters cos they av seen him as Messiah even if he says let's all Fed University student be paying as state university.

He should tell us wat he will do if he win not reading stats for us all the time.

The truth is somehow bitter.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by Paullo19: 7:43am On Aug 23, 2022
DrAkpamudehe:

Nairaland dey give people boldness walahi...
I am very wealthy and comfortable. No matter who wins next year, my business will continue to thrive and be protected because I roll with those in the corridors of power. You should worry about your miserable life and lineage, not me

So na naira Land ur mate dey brag about their riches?? Oga rest
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by Adayincanada: 7:44am On Aug 23, 2022
This is amazing

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by zeenaman: 7:45am On Aug 23, 2022
Damn! I had to stop the video. Man is just loud without making points

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by maestroferddi: 7:48am On Aug 23, 2022
Peter Obi is a very tough act to follow.

He doesn't campaign: He gives lectures.

Lawyers were wowed no doubt...
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by maestroferddi: 7:49am On Aug 23, 2022
zeenaman:
Damn! I had to stop the video. Man is just loud without making points
We can't help you...
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by Prinxzona10: 7:56am On Aug 23, 2022
They gave all urchins instruction to defend nonsense,the angered filled bokoristic speech from the boko haram sponsor shettima.
They gave them instructions to praise stupidity,so that people wouldn't talk much about Tinubu's absent hence the reason they've been creating so many topics since yesterday till today,praising foolishness because they wouldn't want Peter Obi to carry the day by taking all the shine as usual,even creating some topics to keep abusing and cursing Peter Obi,yet they claim Peter Obi is not their Nemesis niii.
The funny part of all these their epileptic stupidity is that they think people would reject the light(Peter Obi) and follow darkness(Tinubu),that people will reject (good) and follow evil(Tinubu) and they would ask their tribalist MOD corroborator to always push their evil agendas to front page,even the MOD was on some topics defending Tinubu,he doesn't even hide his bigotry anymore..damn...
Lastly,nothing will make Tinubu become the president of Nigeria comes 2023 and the earlier you primitively slavish urchins understand that,the better for all of you...
I rest my case..Gracias!!!!
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by maestroferddi: 7:58am On Aug 23, 2022
olusma23:
ote author=kolaaderin post=115967624]He will keep talking about the problem without any form of solution. This guy just want to ride on our problems to the presidency. He has no single definite solution.

You just mailed it . As far as we are all tired of this Nigeria present condition. Peter Obi just want to use Nigeria challenges to ride on and win the election as he has never profound any solution to any of this our problem as a nation.

Can't he even tell us some of his achievements as former governor for 8 years. He even said he never paid any of his legal team one Naira. Haba!

If Peter Obi win, everything he does will always be right in the sight of his supporters cos they av seen him as Messiah even if he says let's all Fed University student be paying as state university.

He should tell us wat he will do if he win not reading stats for us all the time.

The truth is somehow bitter.
You are not making sense...

May I remind you that Peter Obi is not yet the president...so what do you mean by talking about solutions?

It remains your problem if you choose to remain obtuse in the face compelling evidence....

All intelligent people know that Peter Obi is practicality oriented...

Shettima made a speech begging people to vote for Tinubu without any attempt to address the pressing needs of the country....

Peter Obi dwelt on the key national challenges...what else do you want him to do?

It is not all about lazy, defeatist remarks built on frustration, hatred, ignorance and narrow-mindedness...

Let us know the "solutions' you are talking about....maybe we can learn from you...
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by HeavenVGate: 7:59am On Aug 23, 2022
Potterstent:
Peter Obi Full Speech At NBA conference 2022.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxf28hW10hM

This man just lost it. I didn't give one Naira, I didn't give shishi.... Rubbish talk! That shows you will only be keeping money instead of investing with it to multiply it. I'm never gonna vote such a man who believes money should not go out to bring in more.

ATIKU is zero for me. A desperate man should be watched closely. He has nothing to over because after every election, he left the country to stay in Dubai till another 4 years. You can't lead a country you don't believe in. In that case, he is out of the race.

TINUBU, a cleaned and experienced man. He was once governed Lagos and since then he has been the one installing governors there and we are been seen how formal governors abandoned their state they governed for 8 years, for Lagos state to relax and stay with their families, why not the state they governed? That shows the good hands of having good ones to govern a state. Lagos state today is a state everyone wanna stay or go for business. Why millions Nigerians are migrating into the state everyday? Why not to a state in the EAST, SOUTH and all states in the NORTH? That means none of them has ever had a good leader governed them. In that case, I'm giving all my vote, family votes, friends vote and my associates votes to him BOLA AHMED TINUBU. He is the one we Trust that can make things work.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by maestroferddi: 8:05am On Aug 23, 2022
Prinxzona10:
They gave all urchins instruction to defend nonsense,the angered filled bokoristic speech from the boko haram sponsor shettima.
They gave them instructions to praise stupidity,so that people wouldn't talk much about Tinubu's absent hence the reason they've been creating so many topics since yesterday till today,praising foolishness because they wouldn't want Peter Obi to carry the day by taking all the shine as usual,even creating some topics to keep abusing and cursing Peter Obi,yet they claim Peter Obi is not their Nemesis niii.
The funny part of all these their epileptic stupidity is that they think people would reject the light(Peter Obi) and follow darkness(Tinubu),that people will reject (good) and follow evil(Tinubu) and they would ask their tribalist MOD corroborator to always push their evil agendas to front page,even the MOD was on some topics defending Tinubu,he doesn't even hide his bigotry anymore..damn...
Lastly,nothing will make Tinubu become the president of Nigeria comes 2023 and the earlier you primitively slavish urchins understand that,the better for all of you...
I rest my case..Gracias!!!!
The desperation is assuming frightening dimensions...

Before I watched Shettima's speech, I was thinking he had a captivating rendition going by the noises I was reading here but alas! the man was just blabbing away boring lawyers and invited guests with banalities...

Peter Obi is indeed a man among men...

He was of course unflappable considering Shettima's attempt to get petty...
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by maestroferddi: 8:12am On Aug 23, 2022
HeavenVGate:

This man just lost it. I didn't give one Naira, I didn't give shishi.... Rubbish talk! That shows you will only be keeping money instead of investing with it to multiply it. I'm never gonna vote such a man who believes money should not go out to bring in more.

ATIKU is zero for me. A desperate man should be watched closely. He has nothing to over because after every election, he left the country to stay in Dubai till another 4 years. You can't lead a country you don't believe in. In that case, he is out of the race.

TINUBU, a cleaned and experienced man. He was once governed Lagos and since then he has been the one installing governors there and we are been seen how formal governors abandoned their state they governed for 8 years, for Lagos state to relax and stay with their families, why not the state they governed? That shows the good hands of having good ones to govern a state. Lagos state today is a state everyone wanna stay or go for business. Why millions Nigerians are migrating into the state everyday? Why not to a state in the EAST, SOUTH and all states in the NORTH? That means none of them has ever had a good leader governed them. In that case, I'm giving all my vote, family votes, friends vote and my associates votes to him BOLA AHMED TINUBU. He is the one we Trust that can make things work.
Read the trash you wrote there again and tell me whether you made any sense...

We can understand your frustration...

You wait for faults and missteps but Peter Obi was born a natural public speaker...his delivery is natural.

He skillfully unleashed a punchline by using a personal experience to win over the lawyers.

You down malign a parallel A student just because you are not as endowed...
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by Allisgud: 8:12am On Aug 23, 2022
Staphylococcus:
Speech was blank and empty!

He completely went off topic and took a long dive into politics.

At some point, I forgot it was conference and though it was campaign.

But Shettima still covered up for the gibberish that was earlier spewed. Dude was on fire!

He will be a befitting vice to His Excellence, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
so all the ones shettima was spewing is sport update
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by HeavenVGate: 8:17am On Aug 23, 2022
maestroferddi:
Read the trash you wrote there again and tell me whether you made any sense...

We can understand your frustration...

You wait for faults and missteps but Peter Obi was born a natural public speaker...his delivery is natural.

He skillfully unleashed a punchline by using a personal experience to win over the lawyers.

You down malign a parallel A student just because you are not as endowed...
Who is this stup!D kid ?
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by Verysmart101: 8:17am On Aug 23, 2022
[quote author=Realist12 post=115967968]I said it, Shettima is a very intelligent person and he was presented to showcase his intellectual qualities to the south . I weep for the social media youths who ignored all the important points he made and started trending his outfit, yet those are the ones supporting Obi saying Obi is intelligent. You can't compare this speech with Obi.
One important point I'd pick from his speech is Tinubu understands the Nigerian psychology , and we all can see how he used his knowledge to turn around Lagos and make economical and political progress for all.

All Obi did is just highlight the problems of the country , we didn't hear his track records and what he did in Anambra. I lol when he mentioned articulate for someone who literally said 10% instead of 10 minutes few seconds ago .
God help us . Obi completely went off point from the topic . But his zombies won't see that . [/quote

It's not by force to be agbado and cassava.Wait till bandits kidnap or kill u.Swine calling people zombie
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by bonnyhope: 8:19am On Aug 23, 2022
edlion57:
my brother,very soon u wouldn't be complaining of data any more,just vote wisely.I hope u have ur PVC.

So If PO win, he will be giving free data abi

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by Verysmart101: 8:22am On Aug 23, 2022
dazzlingd:

Truth be told, having watched both videos without sentiments, shettima made much more valid points than Peter obi, he sounded much more confident and outspoken.
Shettima might have even been a better presidential candidate

So is this the only video of Peter Obi u have listened to? This same shetima ur praising was the same that said "to hell with restructuring". How can a man like that be a good VP? Reason well for once
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by tenpipsperday: 8:22am On Aug 23, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

That is GEJ format. It is the first sign that all is not well and that HE Obi will lose. Some have equally noted after listening and comparing HE Obi speech to Sen. Shettima that Obi is mediocre. Mrs Ayo Obe for example made that clear that Shettima is way better.

99% of voters are outside that hall and those clapping won't even vote on election day. They will be at home watching Channels Tv.

I persomally know a few of them.

DOA

We know how goes discourage them so they will loose hope

99% of voters are outside that hall and the people in the hall won't vote. Lolz.............beer parlor analysis. Atiku is banking on the 90% of his northern brothers and sisiters who are not on social media. And he is proud to say it. Tinubu is banking of area boys snatching ballot boxes. Oga leave matter for Mathias you hear? When the people in that hall troop out to vote make sure you go and block their way.

I don't need any Mrs o tell me whose speech is more appealling. She must have been promised a vast area to exploit so you don't expect her to loose the loot.

While Peter Obi was giving you facts and figures of the situation on ground Shettima the boko haram apologist was sing praising a man we all know is old weak and corrupt and the corruption beneficiaries are not confortable
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by Verysmart101: 8:23am On Aug 23, 2022
jaytii:
He made no sense at all.
All he did all through was tell us the problems we already know without proffering a tangible solution to any.

Not to forget how he kept throwing figures around for like 50% of the entire speech. It's not different from how that Edo state Honourable speaks, grammar grammar and more grammar yet no sense made.

Is this the only video and interview u have listened to about Peter Obi pls?
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by OdogwuMike(m): 8:24am On Aug 23, 2022
These Tinubu urchins are very very funny. You people went and created hundreds of accounts to like your useless comments, the good about these whole thing is that even the NBA are Obidient.

Tinubu did not attend the damn thing, right in his own backyard, instead of you all to put your head in shame, you are rambling about Shettima the Bokoharam sponsor.

All you bigoted urchins are doing are only but confirming that Shettina is the real President, while Tinubu is his placeholder. Otherwise, what gave him the guts to say he will be in charge of security while Tinubu will be in charge of economy, that statement alone is constitutionally impossible, yet he said it.

Here's a man that said the Peter will be the President of Igboland alone, in saner clime, that statement alone should completely disqualify him from ever contesting anything again.

But you bigoted urchins are here cheering the terrorist!!

Don't worry, e go clear for una ears, as Nigeria has made their decisions.

Obi will be your President come 2023.
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by Verysmart101: 8:25am On Aug 23, 2022
Emir01:

People are just packaging him. Is not fluent either. He focuses more on problems and lots of unnecessarily comparison rather than offering solution. Virtually all Nigerians know d problem of this country, the major problem is how to convert theory into practical. Alot of people have written about Nigeria problems.

So that means u don't listen to all the interviews he grants accross various television stations right? Are u for real?
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by sirantonio(m): 8:27am On Aug 23, 2022
It’s amazing how he is good with numbers, and politics is a number game, how I wish this guy can come onboard
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by Verysmart101: 8:28am On Aug 23, 2022
DrAkpamudehe:

I am Igbo and from Agulu, the same village as Peter Obi. But truth be told, Peter doesn't have the knowledge and experience needed to rule Nigeria. He should wait for his time

U re not from Agulu plz.So Nigeria is now a personal property that's turn by turn and not about a competent leader right? Shame on u useless swine.Na Una dey spoil this country and I swear for u today" this country land will swallow you before election" amen
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by tenpipsperday: 8:33am On Aug 23, 2022
DrAkpamudehe:

I am Igbo and from Agulu, the same village as Peter Obi. But truth be told, Peter doesn't have the knowledge and experience needed to rule Nigeria. He should wait for his time

Tell us about Agulu, the villages, the neighbouring towns, just a brief history of the town or forever admint you are an imposter and a thief
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by Light78: 8:33am On Aug 23, 2022
maestroferddi:
We can't help you...

Who cares?

If it were Tinubu, YOU WOULD disturb the whole thread.

You all wanted him to bring out a solution so that you will copy it.

Lol!!!!!!!
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by Light78: 8:39am On Aug 23, 2022
They were all waiting for him to make blunders, but they were disappointed.

Now they said he was too loud, he was just listing problems without solutions. One even said he was too loud that he had to pause the video.

I laughed it off and said to myself, why are some Nigerians cursed?

They see good leaders but prefer to be ruled by wicked politicians.

Note: You are doing it for your future kids and not for yourself.
Lay that foundation for them by voting for the right leaders.
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by DrAkpamudehe: 8:43am On Aug 23, 2022
Light78:
They are all waiting for him to make blunders, but they were disappointed.

Now they said he was too loud, he was just listing problems without solutions. One even said he was too loud that he had to pause the video.

I laughed it off and said to myself, why are some Nigerians cursed?

They see good leaders but prefer to be ruled by wicked politicians.

Note: You are doing it for your future kids and not for yourself.
Lay that foundation for them by voting for the right leaders.

Actually, you are the one that is cursed. If you think that the hallmarks of a good leader is coming to every interview or workshop to open book of lamentations to shout about the problems of Nigeria, then there is something wrong with the education system that you passed through. Unfortunately, cretins like you make up the vast number of ignorant Nigerians making Peter Obi feel so good about himself, even when he knows his aspiration is dead on arrival. I am from Agulu, the same village and Umunna as Peter Obi, but as a high ranking Ichie and cabinet member of Agulu kingdom, I will not stoop so low to peddle lies and deceive gullible Nigerians. Peter Obi is just a rabble rouser, and yet he couldn't build the road in his village Agulu as governor for 8yrs. He couldn't transform Anambra economy apart from opening beer parlour for Igbo youths to useless their future
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by WowSweetGuy(m): 8:47am On Aug 23, 2022
kolaaderin:
He will keep talking about the problem without any form of solution. This guy just want to ride on our problems to the presidency. He has no single definite solution.
To find a solution you must identify the problems
Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by iSense247: 8:50am On Aug 23, 2022
pricklewane:
This fool just de waste my data ki ni werey wi.

Democratic transition in the 21st century, the failure de talk OPEC drop lie like the foolish human being he is. 80% of Nigeria crude is being stolen according to this dull head that love vomiting rubbish.

When dailies verify now, every thing you have to say will be lost in the senseless lies you have no need of.
Your lineage to the tenth generation cannot amount to one percent of H.E Peter Obi

Meanwhile Femi Fani Kayode

WHO ARE THESE OBIDIENTS?

Let me make this clear from the outset. I am a member of the APC and a supporter of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

This contribution does not in any way derogate from that and my analysis is more of an academic and intellectual exercise than anything else.

I am NOT a supporter of Peter Obi and I have NO intention of becoming one. I am however interested on what his supporters represent and stand for and that is the subject of this essay.

They are worthy of my attention only because their rise and relevance in the political configuration of our nation, just in a matter of weeks, is meteoric and phenomenal.

In order to counter and defeat them or to keep them in their place we must at least attempt to understand them and figure out how their minds work.

The following are my findings.

Those that are the supporters of Peter Obi, the Labour Party presidential candidate, are known as 'Obidients' and they are EVERYWHERE.

Those of us in the larger political parties like the ruling APC and the opposition PDP, treat them with contempt and ignore them at our own peril.

The truth is that they are far more dangerous to our collective cause as a ruling class than many of us can possibly conceive or appreciate.

Only the discerning can appreciate this and know precisely where this whole thing may be heading.

They may not have structures or elected representatives in the legislative and executive arms of Government but they have IDEAS and VISION coupled with a clear ideological and philosophical bent which can and will endure for far longer than mere political platforms and structures.

Unknown to them as well as virtually everyone else, therein lies their power. As they say, an idea whose time has come cannot be stopped.

Long after we are all gone they will still be here because structures and political alliances rarely endure but IDEAS and VISION last forever.

Again they will outlive and outlast us all because they are not a political party in the true sense of the word but rather a growing national movement which scales and spreads across ethnic, religious, political and regional lines and traditional boundaries.

They also represent a generational and paradigm shift which is increasingly attractive to many and they are bound tightly together by a common purpose, common cause and common objective: namely to rid Nigeria of the old order and usher in the new.

That is really what they want to do and that is the primary and strongest source of their inspiration and motivation.

They are far more dangerous to what the French describe as the 'Ancien Regime', the old political class and the entire system itself than anything we have ever seen before because most of them, bar their leader and a small handful of political tried and tested veterans and old war horses around him, are NOT politicians and have never ventured anywhere near the political arena or the circles of power.

In the main they are an innovatively aggressive and frightful array and association of angry and determined young men and women who clearly have the courage of their convictions coupled with the audacity, fury, daring, rage and firm resolve of those that were involved in the Endsars protesters and the fiery footsoldiers that effected the 1917 Russian Bolshevik revolution led by Vladimir Iliyich Lenin.

There is also something Rawlingesque and intimidating about them.

That is to say they are like the late, great and mighty son of Africa and leader of Ghana, President Jerry Rawlings, who also led a successful revolution in his country in 1979 and who, on his second coming in 1981 when he toppled yet another Government said, "if there is no justice there can be no peace!"

That is the spirit that is in the Obidients and that is what moves them.

Yet though they do not like to hear it their chances of winning the presidential election next year, short of a miracle, are very slim and deep down they all know it even if they refuse to publicly acknowledge it.

Despite that they are determined to fight to the end, hope for the best, work hard and give it their best shot and, of course, therein lies their victory.

In this game courage is the key. As they say, 'he who dares wins'. Again as they say, 'fortune favours the bold' and these young people are both daring and bold.

That they can challenge the status quo and vie for the sacred and awesome power that has been shared by the two major political parties or their ancestral variants over the last 62 years is commendable in itself. I am not part of them but I certainly commend and applaud their efforts.

They too have a right to fight for their rights and future and to be heard. They too have a dream and a story to tell and we must never begrudge them that.

Yet if the truth be told they are not only interested in winning an election but, perhaps even more importantly, they are interested in making a profound and defiant statement, registering their protest against the status qou and the powers that be and triggering and engendering a full scale, comprehensive and all-embracing social, cultural and political revolution.

They want a real and fundamental change and not a fake one. They want to pull the whole house and system down with everyone in it and rebuild a new one in their own image, with their own values and on their own terms.

Most important of all they want to see the back of those of us that are in any way associated with the old order or that have been in Government or the corridors of power at ANY point in time over the last 62 years.

That desire and sentiment is the force that is driving and propelling them and that is kindling their fire and swelling their ranks.

They are like the Robspiers and the Marats of the bloody French revolution between 1789 and 1799 whose battle cry was "liberty, equality and fraternity", who brought an end to the French monarchy, Royal family and nobility, chopped off their heads and established a proud and strong new order and proud Republic.

Like Robspier's tiny cabal of French revolutionaries they are led by a small cell of intellectual and idealistic hardliners and are bolstered, girded and supported by a volatile, massive and increasingly dangerous support group and power base who threaten violence and hurl insults at their perceived detractors at the drop of a hat and as a consequence of years of pent up anger and frustration.

If they ever get power many heads will role and many of today's and yesterday's leaders will run into exile or go into hiding.

This is especially so of those who have something to hide or who have skeletons in their cupboards.

That is what makes them so threatening and I repeat, those of us that are in the larger political parties or that are members of the existing and ancient ruling class underestimate them, ignore them and display disdain for their firm resolve and rising anger at our own peril.

Most of my political associates, friends and colleagues across party lines tend to dismiss them with contempt.

They regard them as being inconsequential and argue that they only exist on social media. I beg to differ. I see them in the streets and I see them in the Churches.

I see them amongst my staff and amongst those that regard themselves as being amongst the oppressed and downtrodden.i see them amongst the professionals and those thst are bankers, lawyers, doctors and artists.

I see them in the North, West, East and South. I see them everywhere and not only on social media.

I see them as being a very powerful and potent rising force which, if properly managed, will develop into a major political power over the next few years with a strong ideological and electoral foundation and massive structures.

That is the potential that they have and that is how dangerous they can be.

The sooner those of us that are in the larger political parties get off our high horses, display a little humility, try and understand their mindset, reach out to them, take them more seriously, appreciate their anger, restore their hope, make the necessary concessions and try and abate their rage and rising angst the better it will be for us all.

They may not have today but if we do not play our cards right they may end up having tomorrow.

May God help us all.

Re: Peter Obi's Speech At NBA Conference 2022 (Video) by FreeStuffsNG: 8:54am On Aug 23, 2022
Bede2u:
undecided
You should ask yourself where are those clapping for GEJ today. They are the same ones clapping in that hall yesterday. When you see them clap for you just remember this day; you don lose be dat.

It does not cost them nada to clap wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Funsho Doherty, ADC Gurbanatorial Candidate For Lagos (Pictures) / Aregbesola Flags Off Construction Of 307.96km Road In Osun / Nominees List Of APC Presidential Campaign Council Unveiled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.