Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract (26731 Views)

Pipeline Surveillance Contract Stirs Rift As Dokubo-Asari Clashes With Tompolo / Akwa Ibom Youths Storm Hotel To Arrest Imported Thugs Ahead Of Elections. Photos / Youths Storm NNPC Office With Corpse In Abia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by Henrinos: 8:58am On Aug 23, 2022
Why not go to Niger Delta where the oil is located and protest
Ndi Ara!

2 Likes

Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by AdakaBoro8(m): 8:59am On Aug 23, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Sorry bro. You haven't answered the question I asked. What youths is he employing and what job will he be paying them to do?
the youths he will employed are cameroonians...they are to protect the bakassi peninsula
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by warlordd(m): 9:01am On Aug 23, 2022
I thought Tompolo was declared wanted by Buhari? How come he was awarded pipeline surveillance contract by the same govt that pronounced him a criminal and when was he forgiven?
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by bilangha(m): 9:02am On Aug 23, 2022
Asari where is you......come and advice your people oooh
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by AdakaBoro8(m): 9:03am On Aug 23, 2022
warlordd:
I thought Tompolo was declared wanted by Buhari? How come he was awarded pipeline surveillance contract by the same govt that pronounced him a criminal and when was he forgiven?
because Tompolo is bigger than nigeria..
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by emmanuelbrown26: 9:03am On Aug 23, 2022
Indifferent12:

Bayelsa is richer than ph?

Are u alright
13% derivation yes, not in other areas sir
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by AdakaBoro8(m): 9:05am On Aug 23, 2022
Indifferent12:

Bayelsa is richer than ph?

Are u alright
there is no state in nigeria called PH

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by edosignature(m): 9:09am On Aug 23, 2022
It's a know practice all over the world to give indigenous people contracts to protect pipelines & infrastructures in their domain to prevent them from sabotage.

Not a fan of Tompolo or Asari Dokubo bit the contract will give the indigenous people a feel of belonging.

Peace.
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by safeopportunity(m): 9:10am On Aug 23, 2022
(•‿•)
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 23, 2022
The problem of the Ijaws / Ogoni /Urhobo on this Tompolo's case is the IBOS. They are always antagonising to these Niger Delta people. The only time they supported one of them, indirectly, they takeover the government.

The spokesman for the mushroom unknown northern groups is Victor Duniya - A Northern Christian. On CRUDE OIL matter, there is no RELIGION, but on PRESIDENCY, religion is a case.

The Northern groups have no Social media soldiers to defend their interest. The only group that will defend them is estimated 13,000 people that signed petition register against Reno Omokri (an Ijaw man) because of Peter Obi. They are well structured and have members that are versatile in various South South languages because of proximity, trade & intermarriages. They are the ones that often type in Yoruba or Ijaw or Urhobo on Social media platforms to camouflage, but we know them.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by emmanuelbrown26: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2022
Ebi2233:

Your fake population figures that you guys propagate everywhere.
You think if Bayelsa is small in size and population, Bayelsa the central Ijaw out of the six Ijaw States that they are in of which all Ijaw share perfect boundaries with each other, if bayelsa is small u think Ijaw for get this much force wey b say even federal government dey beg.
Population of Bayelsa sir
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by Vote4Obi: 9:14am On Aug 23, 2022
Stealing of oil has drastically reduced our official output and that has affected Nigeria's income/balance of payments. I think the people of Niger delta has indirectly gotten resource control through stealing. However, only a section are enjoying it i.e. the Ijaws. Others like Ibibios, Igbos, Anangs, Itshekiris, and Uhrobos are not benefiting from it which results in another injustice. Remember the oil is not being stolen from wells but rather from pipelines which means even oil from upland Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Abia, Delta, Edo and Anambra are being stolen by Ijaws.

The only reason why the Ijaws are the ones stealing most of it at the detriment of other oil producing indigenous people of Niger delta is because their own area is within the ecologically impenetrable mangrove swamps.

So, instead of paying Tompolo a staggering 4 billion naira which he will also use to settle other Ijaws, the government should rather train the navy and air force using the Israeli on how to use unmanned drones 24/7 in wiping out the oil thieves. While that is going on, you allocate more percentage directly to the oil producing communities and LGA's with a caveat that monthly allocations will not be paid to any community where bunkering activities took place and they would also bear cost of repairs and losses with subsequent allocations due to them. Then you also empower their vigilante groups with sophisticated equipment and training to tackle the oil thieves.

That's what the federal government ought to do. I'm annoyed that oil from my state is being stolen by these guys only for them to be bribed the more. Anyways thank God that my state's enormous gas resources won't have to pass through ijaw lands.

1 Like

Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by ransomed: 9:16am On Aug 23, 2022
The pot is cooking now, nobody in the neighborhood hears or says anything.
When mortal and pestle begin to pound the whole community will be filled with noise and people will start blame games.
The elders in the North should rein in and warn the youths before it is too late.
A word is enough for the wise.
They should remember that nobody has monopoly of violence. Peace is easily maintained when I stay within my limit and you observe the same.
Thank you.
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by SugarGirl44(f): 9:17am On Aug 23, 2022
When we say the only solution to all the madness is for Nigeria to divide, they call us names.
Una never see something.
As long as Nigeria remains one, everybody has a right on every resource anywhere in the country.
Shebi na una mumu, you don't have the guts to demand for Zamfara gold because you're fools.
But the northerners know their right, that's why they have the audacity to demand for your oil.

Keep chanting one Nigeria till things get crazier than this.
God bless Igboho wherever he is, he's more intelligent that most of you wearing suit and speaking silly English.

Yorubas are the silliest of them all, by the times they pass the Water Resource Bill, and you start taking orders from an aboki from the sahel to dig bore hole in your house, maybe you'll finally wake up from your naivety.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by Advocate500: 9:23am On Aug 23, 2022
Their point would have made more sense if only they have not been enjoying from the same evil policies of the system.
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by PS712: 9:23am On Aug 23, 2022
saintjimos:
Imagine the north trying to interface in south oil

It's the audacity for me , lol
Don't know why they skipped the Minister of Petroleum (Buhari) to go ask for sack of Minister of state (Petroleum), can the minister of state make such decisions solely?
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by clarocuzioo(m): 9:24am On Aug 23, 2022
post=115971730:
Anything to move our Darling nation forward is all we want at [/b].

[b]God bless Nigeria.

This same action Goodluck Jonathan took and you lots criticized and called him names, because its Buhari, its now good.

Hypocritical and confused urchins.
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by Sardauna24(m): 9:26am On Aug 23, 2022
AdakaBoro8:
nothing you people can do about it...

Great Tompolo forever
Never ever quote me again... am not your mate
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by barnie12: 9:30am On Aug 23, 2022
Vote4Obi:
Stealing of oil has drastically reduced our official output and that has affected Nigeria's income/balance of payments. I think the people of Niger delta has indirectly gotten resource control through stealing. However, only a section are enjoying it i.e. the Ijaws. Others like Ibibios, Igbos, Anangs, Itshekiris, and Uhrobos are not benefiting from it which results in another injustice. Remember the oil is not being stolen from wells but rather from pipelines which means even oil from upland Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Imo, Abia, Delta, Edo and Anambra are being stolen by Ijaws.

The only reason why the Ijaws are the ones stealing most of it at the detriment of other oil producing indigenous people of Niger delta is because their own area is within the ecologically impenetrable mangrove swamps.

So, instead of paying Tompolo a staggering 4 billion naira which he will also use to settle other Ijaws, the government should rather train the navy and air force using the Israeli on how to use unmanned drones 24/7 in wiping out the oil thieves. While that is going on, you allocate more percentage directly to the oil producing communities and LGA's with a caveat that monthly allocations will not be paid to any community where bunkering activities took place and they would also bear cost of repairs and losses with subsequent allocations due to them. Then you also empower their vigilante groups with sophisticated equipment and training to tackle the oil thieves.

That's what the federal government ought to do. I'm annoyed that oil from my state is being stolen by these guys only for them to be bribed the more. Anyways thank God that my state's enormous gas resources won't have to pass through ijaw lands.

the bolded is so true..

until we get the required security equipment and forces..we cant keep losing our oil production..pending when the necessary security improvement is done.Government have to settle these boys...all they need is just around 5bn or so...will you deny them that amount and lose your oil production worth 300bn+... moreover fighting them will be more expensive as the security equipment needed to spot this crooks are paid for in billions
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by detectivejones: 9:33am On Aug 23, 2022
These ones will keep quiet once their spokesperson confirm alert. Arewa youths indeed.
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by barnie12: 9:37am On Aug 23, 2022
starz100:
They too need contract to stop bandits and terrorists.
What do these people really want? Are they pained that the military is gradually turning the tides against bandits.
They always compare niger Delta militants who are agitating for equity to their bandits /terrorists going about killing and kidnapping, so sad. Do these Arewa guys really want the country to work. Imagine a country that is loosing billions to oil theft and a contract is awarded to someone who is well conversant with the illegal business, instead of them to applaud it they are against it (they are sponsored definitely).
Perhaps they want the status quo to continue, so that nigeria can continue loosing billions in oil theft.

the bandits are equally fighting for equity to freely carry out their activities which is cattle rearing ..the fact that they are being deprived of this because that their cattles eat up farm produce that is why they took up arms...

the ND militant also kidnap and kill as well.or you think those machine guns they carry are for decorations..

the country is affected if the ND milltants are deprived from stealing their oil to earn a living same way the country is affected in terms of security if Fulani are not given rights to breed their own cows..

easiest way to solve both is to settle their needs...if you think giving tompolo N4bn to calm their nerves is not bad then government giving billions to fulani to establish their independent ranches (RUGA) is not bad as well..

let not be cynical

otherwise tompolo boys will continue to break pipes and nigeria lose billions which affect every nigerian...and fulani will continue their banditry which stops people from going to farms and this also affects EVERY NIGERIAN

GEJ settled these guys that was why we had sustainable oil productions..buhari closed his pocket look what has happened to both our production and revenues
you hardly hear of bandit attack these days..from the BBC documentary dont you think government too settles them ..

what is good for the goose is good for the gander
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by Bizibi(m): 9:43am On Aug 23, 2022
RZArecta:
Why didn't they shout when Zamfara was given full autonomy for their gold ? Immediately it gets to Niger Delta resources, their prīck stands up like burantashi is at work
it is someone powerful that is using them....the major people running the crude oil theft are in the government.
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by Bizibi(m): 9:46am On Aug 23, 2022
Vote4Obi:

the crude oil theft is very deep, even the ijaws are not stealing alone now. Have you heard of adamawa boys
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by AdakaBoro8(m): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2022
Sardauna24:
Never ever quote me again... am not your mate
you are speaking against me and you want me not to reply you... Is that how you people doing in the North?

You are against contract given to us, and I saw it and reply you, and you it was wrong to reply you..... Is that how you act in the North? Talk to person and the person won't reply...

We Ijaws have gotten the contract..... If you arewas want us to dropped it, come to Ijaw land and protest..... No empowerment for your bandits, terrorists and youth...

Tompolo is far powerful than the entire nigeria, so your military bow before him...
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by jacobson662(m): 9:52am On Aug 23, 2022
saintjimos:
Imagine the north trying to interface in south oil

It's the audacity for me , lol

By brother see Odordor!. See mind! Na see finish b this nothing else!
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by BeanmanX(m): 9:56am On Aug 23, 2022
Yeye people,,,
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by Nwibii: 10:08am On Aug 23, 2022
RZArecta:
Why didn't they shout when Zamfara was given full autonomy for their gold ? Immediately it gets to Niger Delta resources, their prīck stands up like burantashi is at work

Don't mind the but church of hypopotamus sorry hypocrite.
They even had the guts to question the owner of the oil. Let's all gather here too to demand that Malekyari abi na Meleyari to also resign.
Re: Arewa Youths Storm NNPC, Demand Termination Of Tompolo’s Surveillance Contract by ahmadwamba(m): 10:15am On Aug 23, 2022
I AM A NORTHERNER BUT I AM NOT SURPPORTING THESE YOUTHS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

COAS Yahaya To Tinubu: Army Remains Loyal To You & To The Constitution / Buhari To Angela Merkel: Illegal Nigerian Immigrants ‘At Their Own Risk’ / Just In: Dino melaye sues IGP, After Regains Freedoom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.