Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Skin Care - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Skin Care (225267 Views)

Spotting The Skin Types For Skin Care / Skin Care: 5 Tips For Healthy Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skin Care by RandV: 3:15pm On May 14, 2013
romityl: Tnks dr ur indeed doing a gud job hour God will bless u.but it like u dint get de location of we're I said de bums is ..on my head bhind my head almost at de nap of my neck....I was tld dat dead cell dats y der r multiplyng like dat. Moreso I made research n was tld treatment on book dat such bums cannot b treated topically ...pls doc more light pls...

Hi There,

The same applies to the back of your head. It is still the same condition.

Nevertheless, you can send a picture to my email address, for a clearer view. Its opeyemi.omezie@gmail.com

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by romityl: 11:25pm On May 14, 2013
yes doctor tnks so much:::because od dat i dmt shave my hair o cos it nt appealing:::bt can i find de cream in cross river state :if yes wer pls
Re: Skin Care by toluh(f): 10:51am On May 19, 2013
Good day R n V. God bless you for the work you are doing here.
Please have been using shea butter for some time now, and its wonderful on my skin(my skin feels like dat of a baby.am not exergerating, everybody say so). But it's causing breakout on my face.I use 2 have a pimple free face, but I can't say that now. Let me say I have a very oily face, and I exfoliate twice a week.
Secondly, my sister started using shea butter, because she saw the wonders on my skin. But it's making her dark. She's fair in complexion, but she's almost my colour now. We all use dudu osun or black soap. Please help
Re: Skin Care by michy(f): 11:26am On May 19, 2013
Hello R and V,
I used steroid for my face without knowing the implication (skineal, funbact A and epiderm). It almost damaged my skin. it cleared the acne but I later had a rebound. I used sebamed which helped for while even though it was slow in action. I later did a facial treatment in a spa in Enugu. The acne has reduced very well. It just comes out sparingly.
My problem is the dark black spots. It has persisted for a very long time. Its almost like an indelible mark. My face is now darker than everyother part of my body and its so dull in appearance. I've seen what you recommended for others but I don't know how to get them in Enugu. I'm currently using Neutrogena oil free cleanser and the triple action toner. Do you think that will help me? Can you suggest something better for me. The problem is that there are many products in the market with promising labels. Can you specially suggest the product that can help me. Thank you
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 3:20pm On Jun 13, 2013
toluh: Good day R n V. God bless you for the work you are doing here.
Please have been using shea butter for some time now, and its wonderful on my skin(my skin feels like dat of a baby.am not exergerating, everybody say so). But it's causing breakout on my face.I use 2 have a pimple free face, but I can't say that now. Let me say I have a very oily face, and I exfoliate twice a week.
Secondly, my sister started using shea butter, because she saw the wonders on my skin. But it's making her dark. She's fair in complexion, but she's almost my colour now. We all use dudu osun or black soap. Please help

Hi There,

Sheabutter is very good for the skin because of its high moisturising and healing components. However, I would not advise it for someone who has a comedogenic skin (Skin that breaks out easily). It clogs the pores leading to various breakout activity. I would suggest you leave it out from your facial skin care routine, and just go for non-comedgoenic moisturisers. If it does not cause any breakout activity on your body, then it should just be fine.

Now, just because something works for person A, does not mean it would work in the same way for person B. Your sister should try to get what fits her skin type. To effectively lighten her skin, she needs basically three things; 1. A good exfoliator, 2. a safe lightening cream, 3. A good sunscreen

The Exfoliation removes the dead skin cells on the surface of your skin, thereby leaving your skin fresh and supple enough for the actives in the lightening cream to work effectively. Avoid bleaching creams containing hydroquinone, mecury and steroids. They my work fantastically now, but years down the line, you may regret your action, as you may begin to develop onchronosis(That blue black discoloration on the skin of bleached people) or discolorations of your fingernails.

For faster results, you may get a series of chemical peels done, or buy body peel products, like Bion's 20% Glycolic Acid Cream, and then use safe lightening creams like Otentika etc.

Lastly, and most importantly, she needs to get a sunscreen to protect her from the damaging effects of the sun

This should help you greatly.

Regards
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 3:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
michy: Hello R and V,
I used steroid for my face without knowing the implication (skineal, funbact A and epiderm). It almost damaged my skin. it cleared the acne but I later had a rebound. I used sebamed which helped for while even though it was slow in action. I later did a facial treatment in a spa in Enugu. The acne has reduced very well. It just comes out sparingly.
My problem is the dark black spots. It has persisted for a very long time. Its almost like an indelible mark. My face is now darker than everyother part of my body and its so dull in appearance. I've seen what you recommended for others but I don't know how to get them in Enugu. I'm currently using Neutrogena oil free cleanser and the triple action toner. Do you think that will help me? Can you suggest something better for me. The problem is that there are many products in the market with promising labels. Can you specially suggest the product that can help me. Thank you

Hi There,

I have sent a reply to your box.

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
Hey dere...tanks 4d selfless service..may God reward u in fold...
i av a probs wit my skin esp my FACE....my face its nw d store rum of pimple....afta using a lot of anti fungi(funbact A, nixoderm, ketazol,and its capsule....and many oda stll yet no result)...atime it disappear only to kum bk with full force..
my forehead and d 2side of my cheeck d so terribly lukin coupled with d black gigatic spot dere....b4 my skin is light bt nw am gettin darker everyday....pls wat kan u recommend dat i use on d pimples and d spot...
N.b i av an oily face
Re: Skin Care by Kinikini: 4:00pm On Jun 16, 2013
Thank u Doc,

I am concerned with the many dark spots healed scars on my children"s leg. The scars are from scratches from insect bites that healed. They are three years plus. What can I do to clear the spots.
Re: Skin Care by myfolake: 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2013
Hi doc,thanks for all the advice you've been giving,it's helped me a lot. My problem now is that when I was younger I had naively used bleaching creams containing hydroquinone. Now I'm fair but my knuckles are copiously dark. Could you please recommend an oil or something that I can used to lighten just my knuckles,thanks!
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 1:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
olatunji21: Hey dere...tanks 4d selfless service..may God reward u in fold...
i av a probs wit my skin esp my FACE....my face its nw d store rum of pimple....afta using a lot of anti fungi(funbact A, nixoderm, ketazol,and its capsule....and many oda stll yet no result)...atime it disappear only to kum bk with full force..
my forehead and d 2side of my cheeck d so terribly lukin coupled with d black gigatic spot dere....b4 my skin is light bt nw am gettin darker everyday....pls wat kan u recommend dat i use on d pimples and d spot...
N.b i av an oily face

Hi There,

However, Below is a general advice for acne sufferers who also have the transient PIH

1.Wash your face twice a day with a acne specific facial cleanser e.g Bions' Antibacterial Cleanser (Pimples is primarily caused by a bacteria, so you need an antibacterial wash to reduce the colony on your skin). Please do not scrub your face, but wash it lightly
2. Use a facial scrub twice a week
3. Get a good Acne specific poultice(E.g, Bion's Green Tea Clay Poultice - Pulls the infection up out of the skin to be flushed out) and dab only on the spots at night or Use Neo-Medrol, if they are located majorly around the chin area.
5. Have a Medicated-Anti-acne facial once a month to have all of the lesions extracted.
6. Have Facial peel done to remove all the dark pots on your face.
7. Try to drink at least 4 litres of water/day and some green tea for a system detoxification for the reoccuring acne

I suggest you treat the reoccuring acne first before dealing with the spotting.

I think this would help a great deal.

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 1:37pm On Jun 17, 2013
Kinikini: Thank u Doc,

I am concerned with the many dark spots healed scars on my children"s leg. The scars are from scratches from insect bites that healed. They are three years plus. What can I do to clear the spots.

Hi There,

How old are your children now?
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 1:39pm On Jun 17, 2013
myfolake: Hi doc,thanks for all the advice you've been giving,it's helped me a lot. My problem now is that when I was younger I had naively used bleaching creams containing hydroquinone. Now I'm fair but my knuckles are copiously dark. Could you please recommend an oil or something that I can used to lighten just my knuckles,thanks!

Hi There,

The best product that I can prescribe for dark knuckles and toes is Bion 20% Glycolic Acid cream. It would help shed off the pile up of the dead skin cells on this areas.

Otherwise, you could try a series of chemical peels.

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by Oct20: 3:41pm On Jun 17, 2013
can I have ur email addy ,pls.
Re: Skin Care by yettymama45: 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2013
Hi,pls I have pimples all over my face,and also stretch mark at my arm nd laps. thanks
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
Oct 20: can I have ur email addy ,pls.

Hi There,

My email address is opeyemi.omezie@gmail.com

Regards
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
yettymama45: Hi,pls I have pimples all over my face,and also stretch mark at my arm nd laps. thanks

Hi There,

Can you let me know what kind of pimples you have?

As per your stretch marks, what is their color? Whitish or dark?

Waiting to hear from you

Regards
Re: Skin Care by Cheatmessiah: 4:19pm On Jun 20, 2013
Sir pls help my son..His face has be damaged.He applied lime to his face and it really damaged his face..Any cream to reveal his real face with 2days
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2013
Cheatmessiah: Sir pls help my son..His face has be damaged.He applied lime to his face and it really damaged his face..Any cream to reveal his real face with 2days

Hi There,

Just a few questions; How old is your son? What kind of damage are we talking about? Is it.peeling or are there some sort of patches?

Please let me know to be of better help to you.

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by Cheatmessiah: 10:11am On Jun 21, 2013
R and V:

Hi There,

Just a few questions; How old is your son? What kind of damage are we talking about? Is it.peeling or are there some sort of patches?

Please let me know to be of better help to you.

Regards,
18, peeling,patches and marks
Re: Skin Care by adebabs21(f): 6:03am On Jun 28, 2013
Hi R and V

Please I have a very dry skin(my hand and leg)what do u suggest I do

1 Like

Re: Skin Care by RandV: 4:02pm On Jul 02, 2013
Cheatmessiah: 18, peeling,patches and marks

Hi There,

Try to use sheabutter on these patches. It would soften them, and assist with quick fall-off. Better still, if you can get Bion 20% Calcium Capsule for it. It would resolve this peeling problem.

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2013
adebabs21: Hi R and V

Please I have a very dry skin(my hand and leg)what do u suggest I do

Hi There,

Sheabutter is very good for dry skin. Or get products that are designated for 'dry skin' only.

Regards,
Re: Skin Care by Afrocatalyst: 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2013
How do i take care of acne or eczema,especially at the back and chest? Pls urgent reply pls tank u in advance.
Re: Skin Care by Herbiorlah(f): 9:01am On Jul 03, 2013
Hey R and V! Thanks for ur good work. My issue is each time I take my bath with a sponge my body itches me so I use soap only to rub my body whenever I take my bath. But recently all my body itches me so badly even though I don't use sponge anymore, even if I shower with ordinary water dat I will not be able to put on any cloth for like 10-15 minutes. Pls can u recommend any soap or cream dat may cure dis or do u think its internal problem dat I may need to take some certain drugs?
Re: Skin Care by Lolladey(f): 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2013
Hey doc, I need ur help. My three months old baby has rashes all over her face. It started when she was three weeks old and I used agnesia powder for a month or more and the rash disappeared but lightened her face. The rash reappeared when I stopped using the Powder, pls what can I use for her face?
Re: Skin Care by coonax(f): 9:37pm On Jul 07, 2013
Pls I need ur advice.v pepperish feelin on my face pls wat can I do
Re: Skin Care by tommiedynamic: 10:25am On Jul 08, 2013
!
Re: Skin Care by sameemki(f): 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
hello, im a 3o year ols lady. on and off since puberty i have had a recurring acne problem, iv taken evrythng prescirbed and only seem not to break out while pregnant. iv been using demovate and stooped months baCK because the side effects were worse than when i staretd. unfortunately i have returned to use of topical cremes now using endix g though i am yet to see any results and feel itsn alleviating the issue. i dont know what else to do, the rashes r pescy and have spread form my t-zone around my face. i dont know what next to do.i havde used everything from benxoyl peroxide to antibiotics.

1 Like

Re: Skin Care by kenjudy(m): 9:35pm On Jul 08, 2013
@op: since 2004 I discovered some funny rashes all over my back, sometimes a few of them on my side belly and my muscles and shoulders. I tot it was reaction to a cream I used sometime ago dat tried bleaching my sking which I stopped immediately after I discover d bleaching. Now my skin is back to it's normal color but d rash continues popping out. I've tried practically every cream prescribed but no way. D most annoying part of it is d black spots it leaves on my back. I use disinfectant all d time when bathing, and I don't rub cream cos I always feel hot and sweaty wen I do. Pls what do I do?
Re: Skin Care by CrownT(f): 5:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
Hi R and V thanks for the good work you are doing here, God will bless you real good
i have pimple all over my face(only)and black sport as a result of the pimples,have tried using several product even the Neo-Medrol u prescribe but it only works for a while. my face really looks dull as if am older than my age. i really need help please.
Thanks
Re: Skin Care by RandV: 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2013
Afrocatalyst: How do i take care of acne or eczema,especially at the back and chest? Pls urgent reply pls tank u in advance.

Hi There,

Try getting Nizoral treatment cream for the whitish eczema. As per the body acne, you need to get something specific for that. I know about Bion's Naturally Clean Body wash designated for combating body acne. I have personally used this product for body acne too. Or you could try Avon's body wash for acne.

I always recommend Bion products though, because the range is formulated by a dermatologist and a biochemist in the US. Being a biochemist myself, I understand the basic multi-reaction pathways that their products target.

This should help you greatly.

Regards,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

I Need Help / 12 FOODS THAT INCREASE YOUR SPERM COUNT- PICTURES / 40 Amazing Facts About The Human Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.