Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Tottenam On Fire - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Tottenam On Fire (24523 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tottenam On Fire by coogar: 11:18pm On Aug 08, 2011
redsun:

I am sure they will bring in the army soon if it continues like this. The men in blue seem powerless.

police are blaming blackberry messenger/twitter.

Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2011
English gypsies are getting angry.What's down with your hungry angers!?I can see you guys haven't eaten for two days now. Come on! Rioting won't solve the prob. I heard some who couldn't afford a night with bitches are trying to use the opportunity to rape! Hahaha!!!

What's wrong with these English blacksmiths, Albinos and BBks. Hehehe. Go and get a live, Cancers!
Re: Tottenam On Fire by lepasharon(f): 11:29pm On Aug 08, 2011
coogar:

barclays bank in woolwich town centre smashed. . . . .woolwich nuccas stripped the bank clean and are laughing to their fortunes.
bare nuccas in the major streets of leeds reading financial times and working out the bank that made the most profit this year so they can smash it.

Whatttttt?? do banks leave money in deir banks ovanight shocked shocked
Re: Tottenam On Fire by lepasharon(f): 11:30pm On Aug 08, 2011
Ibime:

One of ma chicks just called from Harlesden, shops being smashed and all sorts.

One of ma other guy says troops of young men jumping in cars in Hampstead going on parole to other neighbourhoods to loot and burn, prolly Kilburn or Camden would bear the brunt of their parole.

Called one of ma guy is Woolwich and he says Woolwich ninjas are parolling as well.

Hundred ninjas in Leeds out on the streets. One man shot.

Clapham Junction, Hounslow, Wandsworth all join the list of riot stricken areas.

Am sure Canning Town and Finsbury Park folk would soon join in.

Not my area o! shocked
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 08, 2011
Is this Afghanistan, or is this Somalia, or is this Pakistan? I thought it was the UK,, There was once a country known as the United Kingdom,
Re: Tottenam On Fire by IBEXY(m): 11:41pm On Aug 08, 2011
Ealing has fallen
Camden has fallen
shocked
Re: Tottenam On Fire by redsun(m): 11:42pm On Aug 08, 2011
@mykey, like i said,they are not use to it,unlike d people u are comparing them with. Poor people had a relatively dignified life in england but d changes by d tories have left them feeling like d whole world is against them. This could ve happened during d students riot or during d workers d demonstrations. It is a general tense mood in d country but it just needed d very desperate to kick start it.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Man51ut(m): 11:45pm On Aug 08, 2011
i dunno if we should be blaming the 'cuts' for this, these people are just thugs. If they have issues why are they not burning down their local council or police station, why are they looting shops? yeah i'm going to protest this by stealing some Nikes. wtf?
Re: Tottenam On Fire by lepasharon(f): 11:51pm On Aug 08, 2011
did u d pics of d black boys looting rice?? Lmao!
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 08, 2011
redsun:

@mykey, like i said,they are not use to it,unlike d people u are comparing them with. Poor people had a relatively dignified life in england but d changes by d tories have left them feeling like d whole world is against them. This could ve happened during d students riot or during d workers d demonstrations. It is a general tense mood in d country but it just needed d very desperate to kick start it.

"Relatively dignified life"-More like free loading off the system, being on the dole perpetually. How about a "dignified life" of going to school and getting a job instead of the yob culture these people are determined to carry on? You cannot defend this in any way, you simply can't.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by redsun(m): 11:55pm On Aug 08, 2011
Because they are desperate,most of them ve nothing to lose,jail is like holiday camp to them and a welcome alternative but students and workers have alot to lose going hay wire.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by tpia5: 11:57pm On Aug 08, 2011
the black guy in the rockinghorse photo [with a jumpsuit on]- is he running?
Re: Tottenam On Fire by redsun(m): 12:02am On Aug 09, 2011
But come to think of it,if everybody goes to work,where will d jobs for everybody come from? I dont mind peeps on dole as long as i ve a job
Re: Tottenam On Fire by cap28: 12:03am On Aug 09, 2011
Morrisons in peckham - completely cleaned out by rioters

croydon - mass looting in currys, pc world and one shooting

woolwich - wetherspoons (a restaurant/pub) burnt to the ground

notting hill - restaurant attacked, youths attempting to mug diners
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 09, 2011
Thanks all you "brave yoof" for reinforcing stereotypes about black people. You really can't make this stuff up, you really can't,
Re: Tottenam On Fire by lepasharon(f): 12:13am On Aug 09, 2011
cap28:

Morrisons in peckham - completely cleaned out by rioters

croydon - mass looting in currys, pc world and one shooting

woolwich - wetherspoons (a restaurant/pub) burnt to the ground

notting hill - restaurant attacked, youths attempting to mug diners

awon ode none of them will dare go nd burn a police station!
Re: Tottenam On Fire by redsun(m): 12:15am On Aug 09, 2011
These are british yobs not just blacks
Re: Tottenam On Fire by cap28: 12:16am On Aug 09, 2011
My-Key:

Thanks all you "brave yoof" for reinforcing stereotypes about black people. You really can't make this stuff up, you really can't,

its not only blacks that are involved - they're are a lot of white guys - people are now calling for the army to take over from the police.

riots have now spread to ealing - streets filled with youths, carrying baseball bats, bottles and bricks, heading for shopping centre - whole of ealing broadway in chaos, shops being looted en masse.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by coogar: 12:19am On Aug 09, 2011

Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 12:21am On Aug 09, 2011
cap28:

its not only blacks that are involved - they're are a lot of white guys - people are now calling for the army to take over from the police.

riots have now spread to ealing - streets filled with youths, carrying baseball bats, bottles and bricks, heading for shopping centre - whole of ealing broadway in chaos, shops being looted en masse.

Yes, "Totty", "Bricky" and Peckham, etc are predominantly white areas. Thanks, didn't know that enlightened piece of wisdom.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by coogar: 12:24am On Aug 09, 2011
My-Key:

Yes, "Totty", "Bricky" and Peckham, etc are predominantly white areas. Thanks, didn't know that enlightened piece of wisdom.

shut up, man. it's not a racial/stereotype ish. the white boys are involved as well.

do these looters look black to you? you should have gone to visionexpress, mr-key!
Re: Tottenam On Fire by redsun(m): 12:24am On Aug 09, 2011
Why cant all d police in d country be summoned to londom? D met police seem overwhelmed
Re: Tottenam On Fire by coogar: 12:27am On Aug 09, 2011
redsun:

Why cant all d police in d country be summoned to londom? D met police seem overwhelmed

when trouble can start from their end as well?
leeds is boiling as we speak. . . . . the gunchester crew are waiting for the command on twitter.
birmingham have seen slight disturbances. . . .newcastle crew are warming up. . . . .blackburn are not left behind.

this is chaos/anarchy. not even the soldiers can stop this.

Re: Tottenam On Fire by nastydamus(m): 12:30am On Aug 09, 2011
ebay.co.uk promises to be a busy area very soon, the loots must be converted to cash. grin grin grin
Re: Tottenam On Fire by coogar: 12:33am On Aug 09, 2011

Re: Tottenam On Fire by redsun(m): 12:34am On Aug 09, 2011
Leeds! Where in leeds? Chapeltown l guess.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 09, 2011
coogar:

shut up, man. it's not a racial/stereotype ish. the white boys are involved as well.

do these looters look black to you? you should have gone to visionexpress, mr-key!

Oh goody, you managed to get one pic, eh? Well, the overwhelming majority of the pictures tell me otherwise. Look at them!!!
Re: Tottenam On Fire by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 09, 2011
Nothing but "Gyal Dem" and "Man Dem", innit?  angry  sad sad

Every where i go, people will now look at me like i am an animal. Why, Black man, why?
Re: Tottenam On Fire by redsun(m): 12:41am On Aug 09, 2011
It reminds me of d movie planet of d apes. I am not a keen fan of that movie but i bet this kind of situation is what d script writer have in mind
Re: Tottenam On Fire by coogar: 12:46am On Aug 09, 2011
My-Key:

Oh goody, you managed to get one pic, eh? Well, the overwhelming majority of the pictures tell me otherwise. Look at them!!!

these ones are africans too, right?

---------
---------

carpetright offers to help as firms and families pick up bill
The rioting will leave business with a bill for millions of pounds, according to early estimates. Even though many insurance policies will cover businesses for lost trade, retail sources said the cost of damage and lost stock alone would start at tens of millions.

Most commercial insurance covers criminal acts, but there are also fears that many independent shopkeepers will be forced to pay for repairs because they lack insurance. In Tottenham, 83 per cent of shops are independent, according to the Local Data Company.

Lord Harris of Peckham, the founder, chairman and chief executive of Carpetright, offered help to the families who lived in 28 flats above his store in Tottenham, which was set alight early on Sunday. He said: “If it had not been for my shop underneath them they might have kept their homes. I have got to help these people.

Javid Patel spent yesterday cleaning up what remains of his clothing shop in Wood Green. He estimates that he lost up to £55,000 in stock when the nearby Leather Land was looted and burnt.

“They took a lot of stock, but the worst thing is that they burnt the shop. The electrics, the sprinkler, the water: everything got messed up, ” he said. JD Sports in Tottenham was also badly hit by looters.

Peter Cowgill, the retailer’s executive chairman, told Radio 4’s World at One: “There was a good deal of police providing security around the firefighters, so resources were stretched around the looting.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by cap28: 12:51am On Aug 09, 2011
My-Key:

Nothing but "Gyal Dem" and "Man Dem", innit? angry sad sad

Every where i go, people will now look at me like i am an animal. Why, Black man, why?

they were doing that before these riots so dont worry about it mate. whites think all blacks are animals, its just that they dont have the balls to say it to our faces.
Re: Tottenam On Fire by cap28: 12:52am On Aug 09, 2011
violence now spreading beyond london to other regional towns like Liverpool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Woman Names Baby Born During Obama's Trip To Kenya ''air Force One Barack Obama" / U.S Warns: We Will Retaliate If The ICC Arrests Israeli Officials (Photo) / France Defiant, Insists Niger Military Junta Cannot Expel Its Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.