Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? (20171 Views)

Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? / Ew! Video : Wizkid- Pakurumo (available For Mobile Download ) / Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by abbey621(m): 4:23am On Aug 10, 2011
Sometimes some of these jobless junkies on nairaland, would just open their mouths to say words even a mad man wouldn't dare to utter. Someone accused wizkid of copying her tracks and without giving the kid a benefit of a doubt people started labeling him. Let the girl bring forth facts and take it to the judicial system b4 anyone comment otherwise it's just someone who's in dear need of attention. Someone was daft enough to mention psquare, don't people know that modern music is just a modification of past beats and style in a whole new context, gosh! Some of you guys need some proper orientation,
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by miccodb(m): 5:03am On Aug 10, 2011
wizparty is also stolen from bone thugs and harmony(change the world). and many others. he seem to be got at remixing
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by chuzt: 5:08am On Aug 10, 2011
really is that so?

please check out this website for DVD laptop player

www.chhuztech.com

Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Saheed9: 5:34am On Aug 10, 2011
Na banky teach am how 2 copy, rmember Rihana's Umbrella turn ebute meta
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by vabrida: 5:45am On Aug 10, 2011
hAtErS rOoM, aBeG mAkE yOu Na LeAvE aM oOoO, wIa UnA dEy WhEn ThE bOy DeY sOaK gArRi? hAtErZ angry angry grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by udbyron1(m): 7:17am On Aug 10, 2011
when you are sitting on top you are open to so many nonsense but there is nothing hidden under the sun
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Diligence: 7:18am On Aug 10, 2011
Innocent until proven guilty - mere allegations - unfounded - not empirically tested,
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by udbyron1(m): 7:18am On Aug 10, 2011
when you are sitting on top you are open to so many nonsense but there is nothing hidden under the sun
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by happy4eva: 7:20am On Aug 10, 2011
Breaking News!!! Arsene Wenger caught on CCTV camera looting trophies from Old trafford during the recent riot in Manchester,
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by mjconcept(m): 7:25am On Aug 10, 2011
na wa oo
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by laj1(m): 7:35am On Aug 10, 2011
i can c all of u critcizing or calling for wizkid head are not serious.How many of you av achieved wat the guy had achieved before he even release the superstar album.dont tell me u are a graduate and he is a drop-out.wat av u achieve with ur certificate.if he likes,let him steal song from michael jackson or Obama,the guy is a rave of the moment.U are just a bundle of critics who do not fancy wizkid progress.U are all enemies of progress.if you remove pakuromo away from the album even holla at your boy,do u think the album will still not sell.E n si ere,ori yin buru,mo lo o ti re yin gan oooo.call me and tackle me on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/aaadewumi1)or call me on 07031368684.

Michael jackson himself do copy copy when he was alive.so what are we saying of this 20s year old guy who is just coming up.WERE N WAYO OOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by mithel(m): 7:44am On Aug 10, 2011
Chai,dis is d largest congregation of N.E.P.A (NIGERIAN ENEMIES OF PROGRESS ASSOCIATION) members,i have seen in a while.

Haba,i even hear person dey beef banky w's ebute metta,when u heard at d end of d song dat he was just freestyling with riri's umbrella,and there is this chris brown's song that sound a lot like micheal jackson's Human Nature.so what are you guys talking about.NEPA PEOPLE
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Sike(m): 7:47am On Aug 10, 2011
l.a.j:

i can c all of u critcizing or calling for wizkid head are not serious.How many of you av achieved wat the guy had achieved before he even release the superstar album.dont tell me u are a graduate and he is a drop-out.wat av u achieve with your certificate.if he likes,let him steal song from michael jackson or Obama,the guy is a rave of the moment.U are just a bundle of critics who do not fancy wizkid progress.U are all enemies of progress.if you remove pakuromo away from the album even holla at your boy,do u think the album will still not sell.E n si ere,ori yin buru,mo lo o ti re yin gan oooo.call me and tackle me on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/aaadewumi1)or call me on 07031368684.

Michael jackson himself do copy copy when he was alive.so what are we saying of this 20s year old guy who is just coming up.WERE N WAYO OOOOOOOOOOO
Who Else Needs My Friend Request??
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Nobody: 7:58am On Aug 10, 2011
l.a.j:

i can c all of u critcizing or calling for wizkid head are not serious.How many of you av achieved wat the guy had achieved before he even release the superstar album.dont tell me u are a graduate and he is a drop-out.wat av u achieve with your certificate.if he likes,let him steal song from michael jackson or Obama,the guy is a rave of the moment.U are just a bundle of critics who do not fancy wizkid progress.U are all enemies of progress.if you remove pakuromo away from the album even holla at your boy,do u think the album will still not sell.E n si ere,ori yin buru,mo lo o ti re yin gan oooo.call me and tackle me on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/aaadewumi1)or call me on 07031368684.

Another low life without definite vision or mission.What kinda person drop his info or mobile number on a forum ?
@topic
The girl should sue him and report him to Nigeria copyright commission.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by KnowAll(m): 8:13am On Aug 10, 2011
Wiz Kid, I applaud him, he is a phenomenon, we should all embrace and celebrate him, the boy is doing us proud.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by koladeoye: 8:15am On Aug 10, 2011
I can't believe nigerians fawn after the guy knowing well that he is not that talented,forget the voice"

I believe the guy has voice. I also believe there is no crime in not being able to compose songs. However, where i have problem is not giving credit to the original song writer or composer. So Wizkid,  u r great and people love you (i am one) just be yourself, allow people to compose for you, acknowledge them and sky is your starting point. Note: People compose for even Micheal Jackson.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by kushe: 8:28am On Aug 10, 2011
an artist either solely performs or writes and performs.countless of the most successful artists in the world do not write their music,they get passed demos by aspiring songwriters or established ones through their record companies who feel the song is in sync with the vibe of the album being produced.

i noticed we mostly talk about producers in nigeria like they and the artist are the only ones who make a hit song.if that girl actually wrote pakurumo,then she might hav an ear for the future of blended genres.unfortunately if she sang it,maybe nobody would hav liked it cos u need a good vehicle of delivery which wizkid at the moment is.what they do abroad is give credits to everyone dat it is due in the sleeve of the album  along with which comes monetary compensation pre determined by the music industry standards alreadyestablished.

even the best songwriters get inspired by unusual contacts with nature,cultures and the archives of dead and gone artists.there is no crime in copying in the music industry,the crime is not following the laid down rules of monetary compensation.however can we call alaba,a handful of record labels,clarencepeters and the rest and recently flytyme entertainment the music industry.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by velo10: 8:46am On Aug 10, 2011
He's innocent untill proven guilty. If guilty, money go drop for him hand small
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Serno(m): 8:48am On Aug 10, 2011
Its true he stole ur track
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by lukecent: 8:51am On Aug 10, 2011
If he can mak a hit out of dis den, If he can mak a hit out of dis den,
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 10, 2011
KnowAll:

Wiz Kid, I applaud him, he is a phenomenon, we should all embrace and celebrate him, the boy is doing us proud.
Unfortunately,I don't celebrate plagiarists.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 10, 2011
kolade oye:
I believe the guy has voice. I also believe there is no crime in not being able to compose songs. However, where i have problem is not giving credit to the original song writer or composer. So Wizkid,  u r great and people love you (i am one) just be yourself, allow people to compose for you, acknowledge them and sky is your starting point. Note: People compose for even Micheal Jackson.

kushe:
an artist either solely performs or writes and performs.countless of the most successful artists in the world do not write their music,they get passed demos by aspiring songwriters or established ones through their record companies who feel the song is in sync with the vibe of the album being produced.

i noticed we mostly talk about producers in nigeria like they and the artist are the only ones who make a hit song.if that girl actually wrote pakurumo,then she might hav an ear for the future of blended genres.unfortunately if she sang it,maybe nobody would hav liked it cos u need a good vehicle of delivery which wizkid at the moment is.what they do abroad is give credits to everyone dat it is due in the sleeve of the album  along with which comes monetary compensation pre determined by the music industry standards alreadyestablished.

even the best songwriters get inspired by unusual contacts with nature,cultures and the archives of dead and gone artists.there is no crime in copying in the music industry,[b]the crime is not following the laid down rules of monetary compensation.[/b]however can we call alaba,a handful of record labels,clarencepeters and the rest and recently flytyme entertainment the music industry.

Na the koko. Thank you both for your contributions. Una too gbam.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by KnowAll(m): 9:14am On Aug 10, 2011
Unfortunately,I don't celebrate plagiarists

If they give 99.95% of u loud mouths other people’s original hits, u would still not make a head-way in the music industry so what is all the fuss about. A good work of art in the hands of an indolent and clueless foooool is as good as toilet paper.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 10, 2011
KnowAll:

If they give 99.95% of u loud mouths other people’s original hits, u would still not make a head-way in the music industry so what is all the fuss about. A good work of art in the hands of an indolent and clueless foooool is as good as toilet paper.

That is the same excuse a bank robber will give that wealth ought to be equally distributed.the point is wizkid stole someone's work without the person's consent and either the original owner wasted the music doesn 't matter.Wiz is a plagiarist and must punished for this criminal act !
KnowAll:

That is the same excuse a bank robber will give that wealth ought to be equally distributed.the point is wizkid stole someone's work without the person's consent and either the original owner wasted the music doesn 't matter.Wiz is a plagiarist and must punished for this criminal act !
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by sansiro123: 10:49am On Aug 10, 2011
i dont think is bad, terry G also do the same thing, please leave the boy alone oooo, when you see me come around, smiley wink
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by LoveKing(m): 10:49am On Aug 10, 2011
that boy should know this world is a small kettle. talentless doofus. only quacks who dont know what good music means listen to idiots like him.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by KnowAll(m): 11:22am On Aug 10, 2011
that boy should know this world is a small kettle. talentless doofus. only quacks who dont know what good music means listen to idiots like him.

back belle plenty for here, when u are his age, I bet u were still sucking ya mums breast. You know dey shame?
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Mujinho4b(m): 11:24am On Aug 10, 2011
grin I dnt lyk him 4 a bit. But am nt dat suprise  about 9ja artist dis days, dey do anytin 2 get fame, thoug d guy is alredy famous, so i wuldnt remove anyfin 4rm his bdy, Wizkid d sharpguy  grin
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by ajasa4link: 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2011
I think the problem with u guys saying itz no big deal that wizkid stole the song is that u don't really know much about what the law says concerning it. . . . 4 ur information,copyright is a tort(civil wrong) as well as a crime. . . . .the only difference btw stealing in the real sense and copyright infringement is that while stealing involves taking physical property that does not belong u,copyright infringement has to do with stealing of intellectual property. . . . .thus,if the lady should institute a legal action against him 4 copyright infringement,he will not only be restrained 4rm performing the song in shows,but also liable to pay her nominal damages which will cover the appearance fees the lady should have gotten if he hadn't plagarize her music,the money she might have earned if she had released the song on her own e.t.c. And such monetary damages will be decided by the mood of the court. . . .
Back to wizkid,i think banky should start spending money on sourcing good composers 4 him cos if d boy keeps plagarizing, he will just end up losing all the money they made thru this music biz to law suit, . . .#period(no menses)
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by publisher(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2011
Kai, i said it once,nairaland has a ridiculously high population of self-hating,envious,failures. Which artiste (world over) does not sample other songs. Wizkid is awesome,call him razz,call him anything,he is good. Yes,he uses auto tune,so does lil' wayne and a host of others, if using auto tunes was that easy Mujinho4b,Bluetooth and their likes should go release their own songs. Rubbish!

wiz[b]KID[/b], you are the [b]MAN [/b]jare

'scatter da floooooooooooooooor, iiyeh yeeeeeh!'
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by BashMe1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 10, 2011
Just like Terry G's Akpako Master, God Abeg O!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ice Prince's Oleku Lyrics. / Davido Ft Chris Brown — Blow My Mind / Pictures Upcoming Artistes Can Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.