Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,855 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles (14261 Views)

NLC Strike: This Is Not Time To Flex Muscles, Atiku Bagudu Tell El-Rufai / APC Crisis: Two Factions Flex Muscles Over NEC Meeting / PDP Senatorial Candidate, Amusan, 50,000 Supporters Back Apc’s Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by vicdom(m): 8:55am On Aug 25, 2022
THE political war between Governor Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State and his predecessor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, recently entered a new dimension as Amosun stirred the hornet’s nest when he claimed that the 2019 governorship election was rigged in favour of Abiodun, against his anointed candidate, Abdulkabir Akinlade, who contested for the state number one seat in the state on the platform of the Allied People’s Movement, APM.

Amosun, at one of the programmes put together to mark the 50th anniversary of Abeokuta Club on Friday 5th August 2022, claimed that Abiodun was rigged into office during the 2019 governorship election.

He vowed that the governor would not return to power in 2023.

It would be recalled that Abiodun defeated Amosun’s anointed candidate, Akinlade with a margin of 19,517 votes. Abiodun polled 241,670 votes to defeat Akinlade who had 222,153 votes.

He added that he had moved on because those who orchestrated the rigging had apologised to him.

His words: “During the last election, thank God, Chief Osoba is here, I have said it; we won convincingly. They rigged, rigged, and ended up with 19,000.

“Some of them came to apologise to me. I can’t be mentioning names. We won that election. But I have moved on. We did our work; we will continue to do what we have to do. God will be with all of us.”

Speaking later on the sideline with journalists, Amosun declared that he was not in support of Abiodun’s administration, saying he must be removed.

He also assured his supporters that the next line of action would soon be made public.

“Just wait; very soon, you will hear where we are going next. You know my stand, and my stand is my stand. I am not supporting this administration that is there now. He must be removed,” he said.

Abiodun fires back

Reacting to Amosun’s claim, Abiodun, who spoke with journalists at the grand finale of the 50th anniversary of the Abeokuta Club, said he would not be distracted by any person who has a problem with self-delusion, assuring that he would rather focus on his mandate and not join issues with anyone who wants to play God.

“I will not be distracted by any person or persons who have a problem with self-delusion. I will not be distracted by any person who does not appreciate that Ogun State is not anybody’s father’s inheritance. We are all stakeholders in this commonwealth called Ogun State.

“I am not going to join issues with anyone that wants to play God; I will leave them to God. God can deal with whoever is challenging His authority and wanting to play God.

All I can say is that what we stand for in Ogun State is an administration that is committed to providing purposeful leadership and purposeful infrastructural development across the length and breadth of the state.

“How can we on the outside take on an incumbent and then be accused of rigging out an incumbent in the same party? Anyone can explain their failure whichever way they like. Anyone can also begin to pant and threaten that they will do whatever,” he added.

Amosun suffering from “political amnesia—Ogun APC

Equally responding to Amosun’s claim, the APC in Ogun State, in a statement by its Publicity Secretary, Tunde Oladunjoye, said the former governor is suffering from “political amnesia and out-of-office loneliness”, thereby calling on the people of the state to pray for him.

Oladunjoye described Amosun’s claim as “an after-lunch belching of a man suffering from political amnesia and loneliness.”

He said: “The quoted statement was not only an insult to the psyche of the people of Ogun State but also a sad indication that the former governor is yet to purge himself of extreme arrogance and intolerance that were his trademarks, which earned him a suspension from our party, even as a sitting governor.

“The APC, therefore, calls on the public, and particularly our esteemed members, to pity and pray for the former governor as he suffers from political amnesia, loneliness and absolute lack of touch with reality.

“There is absolutely no truth in the specious utterance of the former governor who is still sulking from the electoral defeat of his surrogate party in 2019. Our party and candidate not only won fair and square but the victory of Prince Dapo Abiodun was also attested to by his co-contestants, many of whom later joined APC and are still in APC.

“Having been witnessing the frustrating exodus of his former political allies who openly said they were tired of endemic lies; and his failure to wrest the party structures from the incumbent governor, the recourse by Senator Amosun to “elated” after-lunch belching is understandable and pitiable.”

The State Chairman of the party, Chief Yemi Sanusi said Amosun’s claim was unbecoming of a supposed statesman.

Sanusi, who spoke after a closed-door meeting with leaders of the party in the 20 local government areas of the state, called for disciplinary measures against such anti-party acts.

Sanusi, who was the acting chairman of the party in 2019, declared that the election that produced Governor Abiodun was the most credible in the history of the state.

He said, the electorate overwhelmingly voted for Governor Abiodun and stood against any move to overturn their will.

He added that all subterranean schemes evolved by the then governor to ensure that his candidate won were thwarted by the vigilant and repressible people of Ogun State.

He said the party in the state might probe the rigging allegation raised by Amosun, noting that it was high time the anti-party activities of the senator were investigated.

Also, reacting to Amosun’s allegation, a former Minister of Communication and a chieftain of the APC, Mr Adebayo Shittu, called on the National Working Committee, NWC, of the party to sanction Amosun for anti-party activities.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/war-in-ogun-apc-abiodun-amosun-flex-muscle/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by SolarEngr(m): 9:02am On Aug 25, 2022
When two elephant fight, the grass bears the consequences.

But these aren't elephants but politicians who have failed woefully and they both will bear the consequences.

I dedicate the FTC to my career as a Solar Engineer

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by onomeabuja: 9:02am On Aug 25, 2022
vicdom:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/war-in-ogun-apc-abiodun-amosun-flex-muscle/
It has begun grin
The God of Atiku abubakar is at work...
My God plz cause confusion in their camp @apcshit. Com
PDP is taking over grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by Trill1(m): 9:03am On Aug 25, 2022
May the best man win grin
Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by abobote: 9:03am On Aug 25, 2022
PDP is not ready to take over in Ogun State, if not this would have been their best chance

11 Likes

Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by 3rdavefarms(m): 9:03am On Aug 25, 2022
Amosun...Amosun!!.....Amosun!!!

How many times i called you? Leave Eleyi Alone grin

Respect your self and let this man focus on his government, Abi ori ntayin nii sir , Senator Ibikunle Amosun omo ole labekuta grin

Weather you like it or not all of you Ma lule in 2023

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by vicdom(m): 9:03am On Aug 25, 2022
So Amosun is still fighting Eleyi?? Omo!! Politicians are just selfish and greedy. You finished your tenure and still insisting on foisting your successor even when it had failed at the first attempt, you still want to remove a sitting governor and install a stooge.

11 Likes

Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by Lagosfinder(m): 9:03am On Aug 25, 2022
Ogun is one state incumbent always war with predecessors

Observation though

3 Likes

Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by Yankiss(m): 9:04am On Aug 25, 2022
Senator Ibikunle Amosun should hide his face in shame. A sitting governor with incumbency powers alleging that his candidate was rigged out. Methinks his lack of performance was visited on his candidate. The frustration that he is no more getting the cuts is his major angst now. Ogun state will decide. Whether Dapo Abiodun remains or not should not be dictated by the caprices of a godfather but by the people of Ogun state.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by aylive02(m): 9:04am On Aug 25, 2022
grin

2 APC miscreants
Evil Party
Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by Franchise21(m): 9:04am On Aug 25, 2022
OK
Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by Starships4u(m): 9:05am On Aug 25, 2022
They should go harder...
Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by shiwex: 9:05am On Aug 25, 2022
BABA with Parkinson should go and sit down..we don't need someone that will be going to shake like Jelly on world stage. In a sane society, he will have stepped down.

2 Likes

Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by Rebirth212: 9:05am On Aug 25, 2022
They should all go and seat down joor........

APC is not always organized
Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by Perfecttouchade: 9:05am On Aug 25, 2022
Who com get muscle pass now
Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by mytime24(f): 9:06am On Aug 25, 2022
Goodnew

If them like make them kill theirself
Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by Apexmoh: 9:06am On Aug 25, 2022
Ahh! Afonjaahh! On the beat, let me increase volume. Dis1 goh sweet pass Zazuh
Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by bigboluet(m): 9:06am On Aug 25, 2022
PDP straight win again

18 Likes

Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by webfanatic: 9:07am On Aug 25, 2022
Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by Angel55555(m): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2022
abobote:
PDP is not ready to take over in Ogun State, if not this would have been their best chance
You're right sir, this is literally their best chance.
Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by lifestyle1(m): 9:10am On Aug 25, 2022
If you have old inactive Fiverr buyer account, send me a WhatsApp message through the number on my signature.

I will buy it..
Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by AntiChristian: 9:11am On Aug 25, 2022
What's wrong with them?

What happened in Osun state may happen in Ogun if care is not taken!

1 Like

Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by Gbeng30(m): 9:11am On Aug 25, 2022
May God deliver Nigeria from this self centered leaders who has brought disaster to this country...you will only hear them saying the truth and exposing themselves when they feel cheated in sharing Nigeria resources...
Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by babyfaceafrica: 9:13am On Aug 25, 2022
Nobody cares, make both of them gettat
Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by Jamesbiodun(m): 9:13am On Aug 25, 2022
They are both a failure... No good road in Ogun state
Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by Sourvewa: 9:17am On Aug 25, 2022
Okay
Re: War In Ogun APC: Abiodun, Amosun Flex Muscles by jrusky(m): 9:19am On Aug 25, 2022
Normal thing in politics nothing new we have seen lots of it severally.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ningi’s Suspension : South West Senators Ask Akpabio To Stay Firm / Farouk Lawan To Be Remanded In Prison Till February 9? / Bashorun Jide Omokore Acquires $500k Rolls Royce For Porsha Williams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.