Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,162 members, 7,825,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ (12437 Views)

Kwankwaso Commissions NNPP Office In Ikorodu, Lagos (Photos) / Rabiu Kwankwaso Commissions NNPP Office In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Malami Orders Police To Unseal Peace Corps Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by AtorKelly(m): 9:24pm On Aug 27, 2022
Borno State Governor, Professor Babagana Umara Zulum on Friday directed the Borno State Urban Development Board to immediately unseal Maiduguri headquarters of the New Nigeria Peoples Party, NNPP, describing the board’s decision as “wrong timing”.

Zulum’s spokesman, Malam Isa Gusau, confirmed in a statement issued on Friday, that the Governor became aware of the board’s action and has directed that it should be reversed saying, “no matter the justification, the timing is wrong”.

“The good people of Borno State are well aware that in the last three years, the Borno State Urban Development Board has been carrying out series of reforms which included sealing of some buildings operated by individuals, corporate bodies like Banks and even some government institutions which issues contravened laws relating to non compliance with Maiduguri’s town planning procedures.

“The Governor became aware that the board sealed an office operated by the NNPP.

“Although the board claimed to have acted in the same regard in acted against other offices, by sealing the NNPP’s headquarters for wrongful conversion of residential area for office purpose, Governor Zulum regards the board’s action as that of wrong timing.

“Zulum believes that no matter the justification, the board’s decision is bound to be given political interpretation and which could heat up the polity and cause needless distractions.

“For that reason, Governor Zulum had already directed that the board should suspend its own rule on this particular instance bordering on the NNPP.

“The Governor believes that reversing the decision is in the overall public interest for peace.

“Governor Zulum believes that all political parties should be free to lawfully operate and citizens should be free to associate with political parties of their choices without hindrances.

“Zulum also advised authorities dealing with issues that could involve political parties to consider the need to invite stakeholders of all existing parties for consultations and to jointly agree on conducts that should align with existing state laws and without undermining the freedom and independence of all political parties to operate in Borno State”. Gusau was quoted in the statement.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/08/zulum-directs-urban-board-to-unseal-nnpps-office-calls-it-wrong-timing/

6 Likes

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by jkpbestseries: 9:31pm On Aug 27, 2022
politics without bitterness

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by Btfacts: 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2022
We always act before we think

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by Karemarealty288(m): 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2022
Would have backfired seriously.

10 Likes

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by Drsnives(m): 5:36am On Aug 28, 2022
Eye service

2 Likes

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by alfredo4u(m): 5:36am On Aug 28, 2022
ObiDatti pls come and save us.....

We r the labourers, and we need our rewards...

Vote Labour party 2023 for a better New Nigeria....

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by Agbadocassava: 5:36am On Aug 28, 2022
The home state of the incoming VP

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by 9jaBloke: 5:38am On Aug 28, 2022
I really like this guy. He consistently puts common sense and truth before politics. These are scarce values in our present political space.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by condralbedez: 5:38am On Aug 28, 2022
The North dont seems to like Kwankwaso oh embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by muykem: 5:38am On Aug 28, 2022
Good decision from working governor.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by melonsgroup: 5:39am On Aug 28, 2022
Zulum the only Northern Governor with sense.
Even more sensible than the agbado crooner's

16 Likes

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by ipobarecriminals: 5:43am On Aug 28, 2022
sad this is the type we need as a President NOT all these confused pipu disturbing our peace .

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by morikee: 5:45am On Aug 28, 2022
I don't know why i like this man. His political way has never been a do or die affair

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by Michelle70(m): 5:46am On Aug 28, 2022
ipobarecriminals:
sad this is the type we need as a President NOT all these confused pipu disturbing our peace .
but he said he doeant want to, i pray he contest 2027

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by eazyduzit: 5:46am On Aug 28, 2022
muykem:
Good decision from working governor.
You don't know what a hypocrite this man is, after people in the state had already condemn the act that's when he had to talk to the urban board to unseal it.Na social media governor una do hail ooooo0 for una Information,come to Maiduguri and get first hand information about him first before you conclude.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by eazyduzit: 5:50am On Aug 28, 2022
9jaBloke:
I really like this guy. He consistently puts common sense and truth before politics. These are scarce values in our present political space.
Firstly,he was the one that directed them to seal the building simply because he knows that Kwankwaso will come and shut the town, he's only acting now because of the condemnation and abuse he's getting from the people in the state.Una no know this man,na social media governor.Make una come Maiduguri come get first hand information about am.
I'm in Maiduguri currently for holiday so I know what I'm saying.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by Boogyman557: 5:58am On Aug 28, 2022

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by Nobody: 5:59am On Aug 28, 2022
El-rufai... hope you have your notepad pen to jot down "how to be a leader"...?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by farukg2(m): 5:59am On Aug 28, 2022
Karemarealty288:
Would have backfired seriously.
it has backfired already. They have given kwankwaso unintended public political sympathy and recognition.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by system21: 6:13am On Aug 28, 2022
A lot of things is not normal with this country
Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by EazyMoh(m): 6:13am On Aug 28, 2022
They forgot to mention APC headquarters is also less than 100meters away from the NNPP in the same residential area, but only that of NNPP was sealed ahead of their presidential candidate visit.
You judge.

7 Likes

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by inoki247: 6:27am On Aug 28, 2022
eazyduzit:

Firstly,he was the one that directed them to seal the building simply because he knows that Kwankwaso will come and shut the town, he's only acting now because of the condemnation and abuse he's getting from the people in the state.Una no know this man,na social media governor.Make una come Maiduguri come get first hand information about am.
I'm in Maiduguri currently for holiday so I know what I'm saying.

Lol no be so some people dey hail one contestant say he be savior....

Buh he couldn't turn his state to UAE and increase is state IGR....

Everything for Social Media na fake full am....

4 Likes

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by AllDModsAreMaad: 6:32am On Aug 28, 2022
Hypocrite, after people don condemn the act finish.
Shey na ghost give them the go-ahead order/directive to seal the place before abi?

I don't know why I no just like this man. I see him as a doublefaced human.

5 Likes

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by AllDModsAreMaad: 6:34am On Aug 28, 2022
inoki247:

Lol no be so some people dey hail one contestant say he be savior....

Buh he couldn't turn his state to UAE and increase is state IGR....

Everything for Social Media na fake full am....

Na so some people dey hail one presidential aspirant too that he laid the foundation for the development of one state like but we know the state is not even developed in real sense and we know he couldn't turn his home state to a better one.

Give some states half of the benefit that state enjoys, and see what real development is.

2 Likes

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by Wintertime: 6:37am On Aug 28, 2022
Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by inoki247: 6:46am On Aug 28, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:

Na so some people dey hail one presidential aspirant too that he laid the foundation for the development of one state like but we know the state is not even developed in real sense and we know he couldn't turn his home state to a better one.

Give some states half of the benefit that state enjoys, and see what real development is.

I just know social media na lie full dere....

1 Like

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by AllDModsAreMaad: 6:53am On Aug 28, 2022
inoki247:

I just know social media na lie full dere....

The recent real life happenings should have let you know that he is no longer a social media aspirant again.

Go to gatherings OR anywhere people are gathered and mention the 3 major aspirants and see who get the highest and loudest acceptance and applause from people there.

He is no more a noise or a social media aspirant but a real mandate.

2 Likes

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by Makowonda: 6:55am On Aug 28, 2022
See better Governor with a good spirit of magnanimity.The other day I heard pensioners of Kebbi state praising their governor for regular payment of monthly pensions and prompt payment of gratuity and other entitlements.Benue State's Samuel Ortom is not a governor,he is a chairman;perhaps a councellor.A state that has a governor shouldn't be a retrogressive state such as Benue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ by inoki247: 7:00am On Aug 28, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:

The recent real life happenings should have let you know that he is no longer a social media aspirant again.

Go to gatherings OR anywhere people are gathered and mention the 3 major aspirants and see who get the highest and loudest acceptance and applause from people there.

He is no more a noise or a social media aspirant but a real mandate.

Abeg leave story dey ar all scam...

If his a messiah as all of u dey hype am he go don turn his state to Eldorado and increase is state IGR to know if dere is any real improvement....

Compare what every person that as ever ruled the state IGR with his own den u will see if he add 5 naira to his own or 20naira....

The 3 contestant no get solution to Nigeria cos one person can't fix the country cause as u dey du na so saboteur go dey show...

We can see the result during Goodluck tenure how dey mess him up...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NASS Principal Officers: Tension As Competing Camps Await Tinubu, APC’s Nod / Tinubu Holds Emergency Meeting With Organised Labour, NLC, TUC Leaders / "Ndigbo Will Conquer & Rule In Oduduwa Republic" - By Churchill Okonkwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.