Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,344 members, 7,860,882 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:57 PM

Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central (11257 Views)

Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central District / ‘They Will Labour To Death’ — Tinubu Hits PDP, LP At APC Mega Rally In Osun / Mass Defections To APC Hits Sokoto As Pictures Of Tambuwal Are Being Torn Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by mycar: 11:01am On Aug 28, 2022
obembet:

We can't get it right with 1999 constitution.

If best president in the world rule Nigeria with 1999 constitution, he will fail
Is it not the same constitution when Goodluck Jonathan introduced BVN, IPPS,Single treasury account, electoral reform with PVC, mobile payment system/cashless, country was going digital until Buhari happened.

Yeah, they said that Goodluck Jonathan regime was full of corruption but how do you tackle corruption without any tools hence they introduced the above listed.

In the modern society, you don't need anybody to chase you around, the system will checkmate you.
Constitution to me is not a major issue as even the existing one is not even been followed, we need an automated system that no individual can manipulate easily .
What new did Buhari introduce during his tenure?
Nothing
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by mycar: 11:04am On Aug 28, 2022
Ayk8:

bros you forgot that PDP left no kobo when APC got to office?? Yes, the economy was not this bad thanks to CORRUPTION! And over-dependence on foreign products!
That's what you were told, the same APC gave some APC states bail out fund, where are the monies today and where did they get the bail out fund that they gave to some states?
Think
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by obembet(f): 11:09am On Aug 28, 2022
mycar:

Is it not the same constitution when Goodluck Jonathan introduced BVN, IPPS,Single treasury account, electoral reform with PVC, mobile payment system/cashless, country was going digital until Buhari happened.

Yeah, they said that Goodluck Jonathan regime was full of corruption but how do you tackle corruption without any tools hence they introduced the above listed.

In the modern society, you don't need anybody to chase you around, the system will checkmate you.
Constitution to me is not a major issue as even the existing one is not even been followed, we need an automated system that no individual can manipulate easily .
What new did Buhari introduce during his tenure?
Nothing

Well, if PDP is the best for you, vote go and for Atiku.

My pray is if Atiku will make Nigeria better, God will allow him to win, if it's obi, God will let him win, if na Tinubu, God will let him win.
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by mycar: 11:14am On Aug 28, 2022
obembet:

Well, if PDP is the best for you, vote go and for Atiku.

My pray is if Atiku will make Nigeria better, God will allow him to win, if it's obi, God will let him win, if na Tinubu, God will let him win.

It's not all about PDP or APC, I like Jonathan from PDP and Osibanjo from APC. I am not a party person. I want something that will give Nigerians a little hope. If not for anything, giving an Igboman a chance will kill all the narrative of marginalization and increase social integration.
An angry neighbor is a security threat
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by obembet(f): 11:29am On Aug 28, 2022
mycar:

It's not all about PDP or APC, I like Jonathan from PDP and Osibanjo from APC. I am not a party person. I want something that will give Nigerians a little hope. If not for anything, giving an Igboman a chance will kill all the narrative of marginalization and increase social integration.
An angry neighbor is a security threat

Just say amen to this prayer.

Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by mycar: 11:49am On Aug 28, 2022
obembet:

Just say amen to this prayer.

God will not vote for us, we are to vote, Nigerians are not doing badly when it comes to religion but we are not doing well as a nation when it comes to progress too.
We have to define our path ourselves.
It's never the will of God for us to suffer bit we are suffering, so, we have to do our best and leave the rest to God, then I can say amen to your prayer.
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by obembet(f): 11:59am On Aug 28, 2022
mycar:

God will not vote for us, we are to vote, Nigerians are not doing badly when it comes to religion but we are not doing well as a nation when it comes to progress too.
We have to define our path ourselves.
It's never the will of God for us to suffer bit we are suffering, so, we have to do our best and leave the rest to God, then I can say amen to your prayer.

Since you know better than God, then go and vote your candidate
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by mycar: 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
obembet:

Since you know better than God, then go and vote your candidate
LoL, God works through people, faith without hard work is dead on its own.
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by obembet(f): 12:21pm On Aug 28, 2022
mycar:

LoL, God works through people, faith without hard work is dead on its own.

Good. Vote your PDP then.. I wish u well
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by mycar: 12:24pm On Aug 28, 2022
obembet:

Good. Vote your PDP then.. I wish u well
and who told you that I am voting for PDP, I am voting for Peter Obi
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by obembet(f): 12:41pm On Aug 28, 2022
mycar:

and who told you that I am voting for PDP, I am voting for Peter Obi

Good luck
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by mycar: 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2022
obembet:

Good luck
thanks and good luck too as you join us in this history making quest
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by victorsola: 1:04pm On Aug 28, 2022
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by fof1: 2:26pm On Aug 28, 2022
apache22b:
The good for nothing Obidient's urchins are all over the media masturbating on their failed Port-Harcourt Rally . Next year election results will be a great shocker to them.

According to reports reaching us here the Agbadorian FC , the useless crowd at the Port-Harcourt Rally were all rented and sponsored by Nollywood industry with their ill gotten wealth, but we will not relent in our struggle by voting Bola Ahmed Tinubu who is the right man for the job with no scandal whatsoever, only a pocket of propaganda by the Obidient's urchins to tarnish Tinubu's image.

I and my fellow youths will continue to work tirelessly to bring back sanity to our dear country.

Tinubu is our only hope for a better Nigeria, believe it or not.

Peter Obi is a thief, a liar and a traitor. We cannot continue to live in deceit . Peter Obi and his Obidient urchins has lied for us for too long and we are tired of hearing more lies from them .

The Obidient's urchins are the worst sets of people in human race .

Say no to Peter Obi and his good for nothing Obidient's urchins and say yes to Bola Ahmed Tinubu, that's the only way we can move forward again in this Country shocked

Deceive urself Continually...The Deceits of Lucifer is All Over ur Works
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Musauzor(m): 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2022
No right thinking person in Cross River State will ever vote for Bola Tribulation. Those "ones" defecting will vote for other contestants vying for other positions
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by adekolaelect(m): 2:42pm On Aug 28, 2022
DadaHammed:
Source: Tinubu's toiletnewspaper. grin
crying baby .Reserve your Ocxigen till the full wailing time .
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by undigeh: 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2022
Not only decamping.
The two parties share similar identity, so they can form alliance against labour party.
Labour Party belongs to the Nigerian youths who are estimated to be about 70% of the Nigerian population.

Their alliance if contemplated will not save them from the coming surnamis.

The power and the technology that was behind the last year #endsars is already deployed by same youths.
This time in a more legal and legitimate manner.
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by saintkeppy(m): 12:08am On Aug 29, 2022
Praxis758:
The fact that Ayade decamped to APC in Cross Rivers doesn’t make the state an APC stronghold.

PDP is like a religion in States like Akwa-Ibom, Enugu and Cross Rivers.

Even Ayade will lule in his senatorial bid.

PDP is not longer a religion in AKS, the party is gradually losing its grip in Akwa Ibom State, thanks to the new electoral law which empowers unpopular parties to showcase it's candidates with Street credibilities Young Progressives Party (YPP) is making waves in every nook&cranny of the State, courtesy of the Distinguished Senator Bassey Albert (OBA) the most popular Guber candidate wanted by the majority of the State electorates, who still controls more of PDP faction joining him on a daily basis in droves.

Abia State a strong PDP State, the electorates may vote for a credible candidate in another party this time around, cos votes will surely count this time around as assured by INEC, it's not gonna be business as usual. They have Alex Otti of Labour party or the APGA candidate to choose from, this is one State that have been eluded with good leadership since '99.
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Praxis758: 2:02am On Aug 29, 2022
saintkeppy:

PDP is not longer a religion in AKS, the party is gradually losing its grip in Akwa Ibom State, thanks to the new electoral law which empowers unpopular parties to showcase it's candidates with Street credibilities Young Progressives Party (YPP) is making waves in every nook&cranny of the State, courtesy of the Distinguished Senator Bassey Albert (OBA) the most popular Guber candidate wanted by the majority of the State electorates, who still controls more of PDP faction joining him on a daily basis in droves.

Abia State a strong PDP State, the electorates may vote for a credible candidate in another party this time around, cos votes will surely count this time around as assured by INEC, it's not gonna be business as usual. They have Alex Otti of Labour party or the APGA candidate to choose from, this is one State that have been eluded with good leadership since '99.

Thanks for this.

I’m sure Ayade is just a light feathered politician in Cross Rivers State.

As for Abia State, poor performance and intellectual dumbness of the successive PDP governors since 1999 will be their major catastrophe.

The infighting between the APC in Akwa Ibom is a thunderbolt for them in that state. I don’t know much about the YPP in Akwa Ibom.
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by saintkeppy(m): 3:04am On Aug 29, 2022
Praxis758:

Thanks for this.

I’m sure Ayade is just a light feathered politician in Cross Rivers State.

As for Abia State, poor performance and intellectual dumbness of the successive PDP governors since 1999 will be their major catastrophe.

The infighting between the APC in Akwa Ibom is a thunderbolt for them in that state. I don’t know much about the YPP in Akwa Ibom.

Gov. Ayade of Cross River State, is trying to be smart by fielding the most popular candidate, former Senator Prince Bassey Otu of Cross River South Senatorial District, which is their turn to produce the next Governor as arranged by the state political stakeholders, Sen. Prince Otu is loved by many electorates across the state, that's the masterstroke of Gov Ayade to please the people, his running mate is from Cross River North S.D

the PDP has picked their Guber candidate from Cross River Central senatorial district, Senator Sandy Onor a Political bulldozer too in the region, he picks his running mate, a Lady, though not too popular from CR South to split votes from Prince Otu on the backdrop that APC has performed poorly in the State under Gov. Ayade's watch, it now left for PDP Stalwarts in CR South SD &CR North SD to help Sen Sandy Onor out with votes to defeat APC.

But the movers&Shakers of Cross River politics are in APC, PDP made a mistake by not fielding a popular running mate from CR South SD to give the APC Guber candidate a good run for their money.

As for Akwa Ibom State, Gov. Udom made a mistake by fielding unpopular candidate as Guber candidate of PDP, overlooking the likes of his Bossom friend of 4decades, Mr. Akan Okon, a fine gentleman, who have served two Governors &Gov. Udom as a super Commissioner in juicy Ministries, he shunned an abroad based billionaire Obong Akan Udofia who bought forms to contest under PDP, he did not even considered popular Political Juggernauts like The young Charismatic Distinguished Senator Bassey Albert (OBA) who is the Chairman Senate committee on Petroleum (upstream), both Rt.Hon Mike Enyong&RT.Hon Onofiok Luke of the FHoR, NASS, Abuja.
Others include Udom Inoyo, former vice Ex.Chairman, ExxonMobil Worldwide & ESV James Iniama, a Technocrat.

Instead Gov. Udom annoit Pastor Umo Bassey Eno, a Hotelier & a businessman&CEO of Royalty Group fame as his "Preferred candidate" in whom he is well pleased against the wish of the majority of the State electorates.

Obong Akan Udofia withdrew from PDP Guber primaries to clinch APC Guber ticket immediately,
Udom Inoyo dropped his Guber ambition having seen he isn't gonna be considered,

Senator OBA & RT.Hon Onofiok Luke withdrew officially from the PDP Guber primaries due to irregularities in the ad-hoc delegates billed to vote the "most preferred" at all cost, as well as citing Court orders of maintaining status quo of ad-hoc delegates.

RT. Hon Mike Enyong conducted a parallel guber primaries @his residence using Statutory delegates, Lol grin

Gov Udom's friend, Mr. Akan Okon&others went ahead to participate in the shambolic Guber primaries with Gov. Udom candidate, Pastor Umo Eno, despite court orders with Mr. Akan Okon having interior motives of nailing the Gov Udom's preferred candidate Pastor Umo Eno with certificate forgery allegations, if only he can emerge second in the Primaries, which he did with only 3votes, he has since present evidences against him(Eno) in court to get the ticket through FHC Judgement on the Certs forgery which hearing comes up today, 29th August, 2022.

RT. Hon Onofiok Luke made a U-turn, aligned with Gov. Udom annoited candidate based on personal interest, since both are of the same LGA, leaving his teeming supporters, mostly youths stranded&internally displaced grin in PDP&Labour party, after Luke was rumoured to be joining LP to clinch the guber ticket, his supporters later moved to pint tent with YPP for coverage & better packages, courtesy Senator OBA, while most of them in LP are preparing to vote Peter Obi as their Presidential candidate.

The most popular among them senator OBA who controls much of the PDP members in the State including Statutory delegates & having waited for ad-hoc delegates case, hearing &as well as dispence judgement @FHC Abuja, which was not favourable at first instance, he dumped the PDP for good & officially joined the Young Progressives Party (YPP) to actualize his Governorship ambition whose Service to the people mantra or slogan is so appealing to the generality of the people of the State, &with the #BallotRevolution currently changing the mind sets of electorates across the country, have drived many strategic members in droves of AKS PDP at State, chapter & Ward levels causing major depletions, &AKS APC members whose house are not still not inorder, still no guber candidate yet according to INEC who claimed they did not monitor the Primaries where the billionaire Akan Udofia emerged, have caused their members to move to Young Progressives Party (YPP), more defections looming in the coming weeks&months, as Gov. Udom annoited candidate has refuse to withdraw honourably as a result of his serious Certificates allegations hanging on his neck which some Legal professionals have seen his case as a "bad one". as we speak now members dey vex for PDP for fielding Pastor Umo Eno &some unpopular candidates across board, YPP is the fastest growing political party in the State, as they continue to receive aggrived members of PDP, just because of entrant of one special man, The 5-Star Charismatic Distinguished Ranking Senator (Obong) Bassey Albert Akpan (OBA), Young, experienced, cheerful, energetic, Street credibility, good antecedents, connections with the people, a philanthropist par excellence who shows love to the down-trodden in the society, Students favourite, competence, capacity, none of the Aspirants comes close to his fine Personality, he is really a force to reckon with, he is giving Gov. Udom, remnant&battered PDP sleepless nights &good run for their money.

Praxis758
Garfield1
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by Praxis758: 3:19am On Aug 29, 2022
saintkeppy:

Gov. Ayade of Cross River State, is trying to be smart by fielding the most popular candidate, Senator Prince Bassey Otu of Cross River South Senatorial District, which has the turn to produce the next Governor as arranged by the state political stakeholders, Sen. Prince Otu is loved by many electorates across the state, that's the masterstroke of Gov Ayade to please the people, his running mate is from Cross River North

the PDP has picked their Guber candidate from Cross River Central senatorial district, Senator Sandy Onor a Political bulldozer too in the region, he picks his running mate, a Lady, not too popular from CR South to split votes from Prince Otu on the backdrop that APC has performed poorly in the State under Gov. Ayade's watch, it now left for PDP Stalwarts in CR South SD &CR North SD to help Sen Sandy Onor out with votes to defeat APC.

But the movers&Shakers of Cross River politics are in APC, PDP made a mistake by not fielding a popular running mate from CR South SD to give the APC Guber candidate a good run for their money.

As for Akwa Ibom State, Gov. Udom made a mistake by fielding unpopular candidate as Guber candidate, overlooking the likes of his Bossom friend of 4decades, Mr. Akan Okon, a fine gentleman, who have served two Governors &Gov. Udom as a super Commissioner in juicy Ministries, he shunned an abroad based billionaire Obong Akan Udofia, he did not even considered popular Political Juggernauts like The young Charismatic Distinguished Senator Bassey Albert (OBA) who is the Chairman Senate committee on Petroleum (upstream) &RT.Hon Onofiok Luke of the FHoR, NASS, Abuja.
Others include Udom Inoyo, former vice Ex.Chairman, ExxonMobil Worldwide & ESV James Iniama
Instead Gov. Udom annoit Pastor Umo Bassey Eno, a Hotelier & a businessman&CEO of Royalty Group as his "Preferred candidate" against the wish of the majority of the State electorates

You’re an unbiased political analyst.

How relevant is Donald Duke is CR politics of today?

Does NNPP or YPP have the strength to upturn PDP in AK-IB?

Thanks.
Re: Mass Defection To APC Hits PDP In Cross River Central by saintkeppy(m): 7:38am On Aug 29, 2022
Praxis758:

You’re an unbiased political analyst.

How relevant is Donald Duke is CR politics of today?

Does NNPP or YPP have the strength to upturn PDP in AK-IB?

Thanks.

OK thank you for the compliment,
please check the continuation of my first response about YPP, though Senator OBA, the YPP candidate together with YPP leadership in the State have started LGA tour to setup YPP offices in the 31LGAs of AKS to take the new Party to the grassroots, at the same time creating awareness to the people about the party's presence in their locality, so they can get used to or get familiar with the party's logo as well, &introduce their YPP candidates in various elective positions to the people, interestingly YPP has 3Senatorial, 10 FHoR, 26 SHoA candidates, no vacancy left, some are filled by the aggrived who were denied tickets in PDP.

Senator OBA is a meticulous politician, he goes about his consultations peacefully & diligently with his friendly depositions, he is often accused of being a member of a secret fraternity, to me its propaganda to blackmail him, which is one of the reasons Gov. Udom snubbed him for the Governorship post. But his opponents has failed to tarnish his image in futility!

The Nigerian Constitution has stated clearly that you have a right to freedom of association as long as you ain't using it to commit crimes.
The propaganda is that, if Senator OBA becomes Governor, the State won't be safe for residents, there will be no peace, cultists will have a field day, &nobody will cough! which is far from the truth, reasons he was schemed out of PDP Governorship primaries, he did not quarrel or kill anyone, he left the PDP peacefully to join YPP, He further responded to them by strategically picked his running mate, an experienced Security expert, Assistant Inspector-General of Police (AIG) Chief Asuquo Amba (Rtd) from an area&ethnic group, the Oro Nation people of AKS, that have been politically marginalized, which Senator OBA Federal Constituency has also been marginalized as well, characterized by gross under-development, hence the popular clamour for that axis to produce a Governor by the majority of people in the State. But Gov. Udom thinks otherwise. . . reasons best known to him.

Imagine having a retired senior Sheriff as a Deputy-Governor, working together with the state Commissioner of Police, crimes in the State will be at its lowest level, cos he will help manage the State Security Architecture efficiently and effectively. His choice of running mate is aa complete masterstroke! &a shock to his opponents in PDP, they're yet to recover from it.
Oro Nation people are solidly behind Senator OBA, infact they gave him the Running mate from the bottom of their hearts, AIG Asuquo Amba has been a Commissioner of Police in Ekiti, Bayelsa, Oyo States, AIG in charge of several Departments, Force Headquarters, Abuja, he has gone on international peace keeping &AIG in Federal Criminal Investigation Department (FCID) incharge of North-East Zone, before retiring after 35years of service to his fatherland, he has critical contacts&connections in Abuja&nationwide, he will help Senator OBA succeeded as Governor. Former EFCC chairmen, Ibrahim Lamorde&Nuhu Ribadu are his contemporaries in the Nigerian Police Force, he is not somebody anybody can toy with.

In the home front his Wife Chief Mrs Janet Amba is more popular politically, as she has been President General, ORON Union &SSA to Gov. Udom on SMEs, she has a large number of followers in the 5LGAs that make up the ethnic group, so Chief Asuquo Amba will be riding on her popularity to sweep votes in Oro Nation come 11th of March, 2023, cos the current Senator Akon Eyakenyi, a Lady, repping Eket&Oron District, is also a Running mate to the PDP candidate. Senator Akon &Senator OBA are colleagues currently @The Nigerian Senate, but the Stakeholders in Oron Nation is well pleased with the choice of the Retired AIG as Deputy-Governor candidate to Senator OBA under YPP platform.

Senator OBA has key men in his campaign Team,
•Sir Emem Akpabio is a seniorman of the popular Akpabio family in Ikot Ekpene axis, he is Senator OBA's campaign chairman, a very influencial personality to help canvass votes for him&other YPP Candidates.
Senator OBA has other experienced members in his team.
•Gov. Udom's kinsman, former Commissioner for works &Chief of Staff, Mr. Ephraim Inyang Eyen & YPP Eket Senatorial candidate is solidly behind the the Charismatic Senator OBA, he commands followers too in his axis.

Senator OBA has die-hard strategic men formally of the PDP in LGAs&Wards across the length & breadth of the State to help drive home votes for him in polling units.

Together, we will engage in rigorous ward-to-ward campaigns to sensitize &share with the locals the YPP's Service to the people manifestos, what he intends to do for them when given the opportunity to govern the State, which we strongly believe he has genuine intentions.

NNPP has Senator Udoedeghe as it's candidates, he still has a chance too, but most people do not really like his style of politics sometimes, cos of their past experiences with him, accussing him of indulging in business politics, where he will gets money from opponents, then stylishly abandoning his ambition & his supporters, they have noticed that in the past elections, so people do not really have confidence in him most times, but he commands large followers across the state too, he was the main man in opposition party since the ACN days, then APC, before the likes of Senator Godswill Akpabio joined him, it is as a result of internal crises, factions emerging in the State APC, that he left to clinch the ticket in NNPP, he may pick substantial votes from Uyo senatorial district where he is from & Ikot Ekpene where his Running mate is from, he will also engage in ward-to-ward campaigns too to canvass for votes, if at the end of the day APC &PDP dosen't have Candidates, the election will be between YPP&NNPP, a larger factions of APC will support Senator Udoedeghe, while PDP&few APC supporters will vote Senator OBA of YPP on the Ballot.

YPP might just come up tops which won't be a surprise to me, Senator OBA has a better antecedents over every candidates. I have confidence he will win next year's Guber elections.

Donald Duke interest is National politics, he has little influence this days in State politics, he might be backing the PDP candidate whose running mate is from the same LGA as Donald Duke, which he might influence the choice.

Garfield1

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Prioritizes Inclusive, Swift Economic Recovery - Ajuri Ngelale / Who Is Buhari's VP, Osinbajo, Osinbajo Or Osibanjo? Right Spelling Please. / Breaking: Election Tribunal Sacks Kogi APC Senator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.