Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,193 members, 7,849,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:13 AM

DSS Has Released Mama Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Has Released Mama Biafra (275 Views)

Fashola: DSS Has Arrested My Brother Over Alleged Defamation - Ibezim Nnamdi / Mama Biafra, IPOB Supporter, Released From DSS Custody / Kanu To Buhari: Release ‘Mama Biafra’ From Detention, She’s Mother To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Has Released Mama Biafra by Emergingnation3(m): 8:51am On Aug 29, 2022
Three Months After Illegal Detention, Nigeria's Secret Police, DSS, Release Nnamdi Kanu's Foster Mum, Mama Biafra Without Charging Her With Any Offence

Ejezie, who is the foster mother of the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, was arrested in Abuja on May 18 during Kanu’s last court appearance

After three months and 10 days of illegally detaining Mrs Ukamaka Ejezie, popularly called Mama Biafra, Nigeria's secret police, the Department of State Services (DSS), has released her. 

She was released on Sunday.

Ejezie, who is the foster mother of the detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, was arrested in Abuja on May 18 during Kanu’s last court appearance and had been detained without charging her to court.

Her release was made known in a statement the leader of Kanu’s legal team, Ifeanyi Ejiofor, posted on his Twitter handle and Facebook page on Sunday.

Ejiofor wrote, “I am very delighted to inform you all that Mrs. Ukamaka Ejezie (Mama Biafra) has regained her freedom. She is now out of DSS dungeon. Thank thee Chukwuokike Abiama for this huge success.

“We are not relenting, every prisoner of conscience, including our indefatigable client, Onyendu Mazi Nnamdi Kanu will soon regain their freedom.

“We in the legal team, are doing everything legally permissible to make it happen, we are not resting on our oars at all, be assured. Forward ever and backward never! We move.”

The detained IPOB leader, Kanu earlier called for the release of Ejezie, saying she committed no offence.

Kanu said she had been acting as his mother since his parents died in 2020.

“I saw her at the DSS detention cell after her clothes were washed and spread on the wall. I demand that she be released because she committed no crime. She is an old woman and since my mother died, I have taken her as my mother. The DSS should release her," Kanu had said. 

https://saharareporters.com/articles/three-months-after-illegal-detention-nigerias-secret-police-dss-release-nnamdi-kanus

Re: DSS Has Released Mama Biafra by Emergingnation3(m): 8:53am On Aug 29, 2022
Nnamdi Kanu is next to be release with Biafran flag in his hand, according to the UN order grin grin

Re: DSS Has Released Mama Biafra by PeterObi4LP: 8:53am On Aug 29, 2022
Great news for Ipob. But we are not distracted with the news. Our focus now is Obi presidency. Apc thinks BB9ja will distract OBIdient Movement but the movement keep getting bigger. Now they have release mama to distract us, that's sort of relief to mama family. Even if Buhari release NK today, the movement will continue to grow stronger. We can not be distracted to take back Nigeria.
Re: DSS Has Released Mama Biafra by Emergingnation3(m): 8:56am On Aug 29, 2022
OyigboUpdate and fulani Udele1, wish she was kill by terrorist DSS, but God pass them.. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News!!! Fulani Are Creating Their Own Vigilante Group!!! Miyetti Allah / FG Inaugurates Presidential Delivery Tracker, Website / Mischievous Apc, Planting Stories On The Social Media Against Pdp National Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.