Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,355 members, 7,864,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage (604 Views)

Sex Scandal: Igp Dumps Wife, Elopes With Ex Aig’s Daughter, Detains Officer / Adam Albani: "President Buhari Is Incompetent & Useless" - Islamic Cleric (Video / Ibrahim Ibrahim: Buhari Intervenes As Saudi Places Islamic Cleric On Death Row (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by MasterJayJay: 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2022

An Islamic teacher, Yashir Abubakar, who was.arrested by policemen in Kano State Police Command after he disappeared with an 11-year- old girl (name withheld), told the law enforcement agents that what made him take the step was the love he felt for the girl at first sight.

The suspect was arrested in Kebbi State where he was eventually traced to, after the girl’s father reported to the police that her daughter, aged 11, living with him in Kano could not be found.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, SP Abdullahi Haruna Kiyawa, who gave the details of the arrest, said that the girl’s father said that the suspect, aged 38, asked his daughter to accompany him to a place, which he approved of, with his belief that he was a Quranic teacher.

The father further said that since then, his daughter’s whereabouts had been unknown.
Not only that , Kiyawa stated, Abubakar, who claimed to be a Quranic teacher, was also found to have obtained money from people under false pretences to the tune of over a million naira, and had lured the 11-year-old girl when he wanted to escape to Kebbi State.

The report was said to have made acting Commissioner of Police and Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of Finance and Administration, Abubakar Zubairu, to detail policemen to track him.

The police spokesman said that he was eventually found at Yauri in Kebbi, arrested and brought back to Kano.
The PPRO also disclosed that when Abubakar.first came to Kano, he was with a girl called Wurera whom he claimed to be his wife. Investigation revealed that he and Wurera were not legitimate couple but staying together as lovers, prompting the acting CP to direct that the case be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for further investigation.

In an interview with the Quranic teacher, he expressed regret at the step he took without thinking of its consequences.
Narrating how it started, Abubakar said that as a Mallam, he moved from Zamfara State, his state of origin, to Warri in Delta State where he took.Wurera and stayed for about eight months.

Giving the age of Wurera as 21, he admitted not being married to her traditionally or in religious manner, saying that he just picked her up to be acting as his wife.
He said, “My father was the one who taught me to be a Mallam. I also learnt the teachings from a Mallam in Gusau for two years.

“I came from Warri to Tundun Wada in Kano where my uncle lives. I rented a place and was staying with Wurera whom I made my uncle and others to see as my wife. I was helping goat traders to sell the animals so as to get some payment as a middle man. I was also engaged in Quranic teaching.”
On the 11-year-old he took away, he said that he admired her immediately he saw her. “I just fell in love with her with an intention to marry her, but I took her to Yauri in Kebbi State without the consent of her parents. However, I have not had any sexual relationship with her. I only enrolled her in a school,” he said. He also admitted obtaining money under false pretence but did not specifically say how he did it.

He spoke with regret, saying that it was disobedience to his day that brought about his predicament.
“I’m from a polygamous family. My father has four wives, but my mother is his first wife. I was having problems with him because of the other wives who always look down on and ridicule my mother.
“Whenever that happened, I would defend my mother but whenever the wives reported me to my father on the issues, he was not always happy with me, with him supporting the younger wives. At a point, he told me to leave his house, saying that I should go and establish Quranic school somewhere since I had already been taught. That was why I left Zamfara.

“I regret all that I did. Staying with a woman without being married to her is a sin in our Islamic teaching,” the suspect further said in the interview.
He advised other Islamic clerics having issues with their parents to go back and settle the differences.
The girl with whom he came to Kano, Wurera, in her explanation admitted not being married to the Islamic teacher but just staying together in towns visited.

According to Wurera, “I met Mallam when one of.my friends told me that he was interested in me. My friend gave me his number and we started communicating.
“One day, I deceived my father that I was going to my maternal aunt’s place in Kano. My father knew I was lying but I convinced him. He was even the one who took me to the train station and paid my fare to Kano from Kebbi State. “On getting to Kano, I linked up with the Mallam and we started living together as husband and wife.

“I didn’t know what transpired between him and the 11-year-old girl. All I knew was that he told me we were returning to Yauri in Kebbi. He picked the girl when we were going. But I didn’t see him do anything with her.
My parents were not privy to his moves with me, and I knew that I have put myself in a big mess. He did not marry me properly and my parents didn’t know him.”

Source> https://tribuneonlineng.com/mallam-who-eloped-with-11-year-old-girl-says-i-fell-in-love-with-her-at-first-sight-and-wanted-to-marry-her/
Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 29, 2022
ما هذا اللعنة
Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by aylive02(m): 8:25pm On Aug 29, 2022
Mohamed (SAW) why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by inoki247: 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2022
Cleric wan claim him Virgin on earth he no wan wait till he reach heaven...
Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by MatrixReloaded: 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2022
PEDOPHILIA PERVERT

1 Like

Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by nedu666: 8:30pm On Aug 29, 2022
Jesus said it is finished
Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by fourboys: 8:33pm On Aug 29, 2022
Omo dis one pass me embarassed embarassed
Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by VeryWickedMan: 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2022
Release him. Aisha was younger.

2 Likes

Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by Racoon(m): 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2022
It is their way. Paedophile.
Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by doctorexcel: 9:06pm On Aug 29, 2022
Na their way, always stealing underage girls.
Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by MasterJayJay: 8:46am On Aug 30, 2022
undecided
Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by uthlaw: 8:54am On Aug 30, 2022
aylive02:
Mohamed (SAW) why?
what bring about this name,did you see any Muslim mentioned the name of Jesus when 7 dead soul was found in a church foundation!
Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by Truthisunique2: 9:43am On Aug 30, 2022
uthlaw:
what bring about this name,did you see any Muslim mentioned the name of Jesus when 7 dead soul was found in a church foundation!
And where did those who are doing IFA worship claim they are following any footsteps of the God called Jesus

Unlike the imam follow Mohammed footsteps

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by uthlaw: 9:48am On Aug 30, 2022
Truthisunique2:
And where did those who are doing IFA worship claim they are following any footsteps of the God called Jesus

Unlike the imam follow Mohammed footsteps
God called Jesus or Jesus called son of God...how confused is this religion!
Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by Truthisunique2: 9:49am On Aug 30, 2022
uthlaw:
God called Jesus or Jesus called son of God...how confused is this religion!
Abdul

cry cry blow your nose before crying, my dog just born infant incase you looking for infant you want to shag
Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by MasterJayJay: 1:59pm On Aug 31, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by Minime10(f): 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2022
[quote author=MasterJayJay post=116177460][/quote]

A kun nsek eyen mbon awot grin oh' abasi mbok!
Re: Islamic Cleric Elopes With 11 Year Old For Marriage by MasterJayJay: 9:09am On Sep 01, 2022
undecided

(1) (Reply)

2023: OBIdients Beg Jack To Endorse Peter Obi For President / Peterobi Latest Speech That Made The Nigerians Love Him/ Peter Obi Blast Curren / Nigerians Dig Out Video Of Dino Melaye Strongly Resisting The PDP Then In APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.