Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,159 members, 7,838,962 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? (7827 Views)

What Are Those House Chores That You Dont Like Doing? / What To Do When Your Husband Won’t Help With House Chores / Should Husbands Hide Money From Their Wives? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by Sike(m): 6:03pm On Aug 10, 2011
Read my lips, 'NO'.
Becuz if u do it Once, den itz a gateway 2 continue 4eva. Thatz aw women do dia magic.
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by Actionleap: 6:09pm On Aug 10, 2011
You guy just talk. The real truth is for the couple to love and understand each other. Most women tend to become sloppy when they see that their loving husband can cook or do chores at home. I am a very good cook but when my wife want to turn me to houseboy, i quickly wise up and stop completely. Women could enjoy their husband if they would understand men feelings. A story is told of a bank manager that helps the wife do Amala as she does not know how. All she has to do is inform him that the water is boiled and the man would do the Amala. On a certain day, this man's friends came for a visit and they were busy sharing old-time gist when the wife came to quietly inform him that the water is boiled. As the man is still calculating how to escape into the kitchen and help his wife, the woman came back and shouted on him to come make the Amala before the water gets cold. You can imagine this man's embarrassment on this day.

1 Like

Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by oohunt: 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2011
It is only fair to say that if the husband does not help around in the house then the wife should not bother working. I mean, the original role of a man is to provide for his family and for the woman to take care of the home. If the woman is not getting any help from the man after going to work - (the same work that the man went to), why bother. Simply logical. It's unfair if the woman has to take care of the home and at the same time the kids and the husband, ahhh, isnt that too much for one person?

Well said @walcolm
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by lagcity(m): 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2011
i aint chipping in s.hit. in fact after some time, i expect my wife to make an attempt on my life because[b] i plan to be so unhelpful [/b] around the house when i get married. i'm tired of helping out in the house becos my mum was a chore nazi. she made sure i did everything in the house and i resented it. i will spend the rest of my life enjoying life not doing housework.
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by lagcity(m): 8:27pm On Aug 10, 2011
r231:

No grin grin grin grin

correct guy, i like that. very short and simple. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by LagosBoi2(m): 10:33pm On Aug 10, 2011
I help my wife in washing our cloths and i do most of it, she does all the cooking and keeps the house clean, i also help her in getting some kitchen items sometimes, why can't you assist your wife if you claim you love her. You should pity her doing everything all alone. Haba, maybe some men are practically lazy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by morpheus24: 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2011
Who start this kind rubbish thread.

Should wife change the tire when husband car breakdown.

Rubbish!!
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by WaltherPPK: 11:01pm On Aug 10, 2011
Princek12:

sorry to say, but your husband is a lazy man. I know dudes like that. He cannot get his own water to drink? So if you are not at home he waits for you to come home to give him water to drink?

Are you sure you are a wife or a house girl? You may need to confirm it with your husband master
You are very stupid to call the man lazy, becos he asked his wife to get him water.You don't have any right to insult the lady because she runs errands for her husband.The woman said the truth about her husband not what most of most pple on this post are faking, and most african men actually expect their wives to wait on them, infact a man is supposed to be the master of his house and that includes his wife, it is part of our culture, that is why african marriages last more than what you have in other cultures, some men will not even take food from their wives unless the kneel to serve it, that does not take away the fact that a man should should not help out in household chores.

1 Like

Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by Tetrians(m): 11:10pm On Aug 10, 2011
A husband is in life partnership with his wife & vice versa
Partnership work when all involved play fair
Fairness the operative word here
Women do a lot in the home hence it is only fair that men chip in I believe
Gone are the days when a woman's place is said to be in the kitchen
Equality rule these days.
Cook
Clean
Love your woman.
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by mamacy: 12:33am On Aug 11, 2011
i trust my mzansi people, everything is 50/50 and they are really teaching the nigerian brothers the right way of doin things,
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by Princek12(m): 1:31am On Aug 11, 2011
WaltherPPK:

You are very silly to call the man lazy, becos he asked his wife to get him water.You don't have any right to insult the lady because she runs errands for her husband.The woman said the truth about her husband not what most of most pple on this post are faking, and most african men actually expect their wives to wait on them, infact a man is supposed to be the master of his house and that includes his wife, it is part of our culture, that is why african marriages last more than what you have in other cultures, some men will not even take food from their wives unless the kneel to serve it, that does not take away the fact that a man should should not help out in household chores.

you must be smoking Indian Hemp. What do you call a man who wakes his wife up during the night while she is asleep to go and get him drinking water? A heartless, lazy beast.

I can understand if he asked her while she was awake, but to wake her up when she is asleep? You can at least respect the sanctity of sleep.

Absent emergency reasons or waking her up to enter the punny or for anything the husband cannot do for himself, the man should not wake his wife up during the night while she was asleep.

WHy can't he go get himself drinking water? If you want a wife, find you a wife; if you want a housegirl go and find you a housegirl. But to turn your own wife into a housegirl? Nah

If that is African culture, I purge myself of that part of the culture. Nonsense!
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by dabrake(m): 3:18am On Aug 11, 2011
Im a lazy guy cuz i happnd 2 b treated as a demi god(im d 1st son & dad is late) buh dnt think i'ld luv ma wife 2 go thru avoidable stress. Im disciplinin ma slf now and im learnin hw 2 cook(neva sabi cook soup yet). Methinks d man shld help out. Dere's luv in sharing. I rest ma case
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 4:19am On Aug 11, 2011
i hope all this men here truly practise what they preach? my own husband would not do any house chores oh. infact last night he woke me up in the middle of the night to give him water from the frigde in our room to drink!

You should thank his mother for raising such a lazy twit. No offence of course.

Lol @ tapping you to bring water. Does he have a potbelly too? Do you rub it hoping the water goes down well?
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by YoruIgbo(m): 5:35am On Aug 11, 2011
Guys are we talking about men that lives in Nigeria here? What I know in Nigeria is that most household have what I refer to modern day's slavery and in Naija we call it 'house boy' and 'house girl' and with these handy men and women around in fact some madam as they are popular called won't even give their husband water to drink let alone wash plates talk less of Oga grin

In western world, the fear of madam is the beginning of peace at home otherwise no show for you grin for me there is absolutely nothing that my wife can do in the house that I can't do better apart from carry pickin for belle for 9 months
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:19am On Aug 11, 2011
as much as i agree that man should help in the house especially if both of you are working but if wife is the housewife then its her duty to do most of the house work becoz she is just home doing nothing except if she looking after children that is if they aint school going

school going children have an advantage, they go to school and thats the time you do the housework, if they aint it became hard to manage becoz you need to monitor them while you doing the chores

what i noticed when i was growing up was thats women took there time to do house chores becoz if she they finish early, they would have nothing to do to while up time (these were housewives) hence they long to do a job that can be done in 30mins

but if the work load is too much husband can give a hand (to those who are both working) as for the housewives its her duty just like as the husband going to work and provide for the family

my question is=== what makes the chores so many if you dont have more than three kids of age between 0 months - 7 years anything above that kids can be trained to do little things that gives mum less chores eg teaching them to clean his her own plateetc

so rougly it depends with setting of a family i.e is wife working or not, kids what age and husband's set of values or tradition
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by ChefMike(m): 9:51am On Aug 11, 2011
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy House chores should be for but couple not yhe wife alone
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by DrummaBoy(m): 11:11am On Aug 11, 2011
Now dat we have said enuf on this we should start anoda thread
KIDS SCHOOL FEES: Should wives help out?
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by Princek12(m): 11:52am On Aug 11, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

You should thank his mother for raising such a lazy twit. No offence of course.

Lol @ tapping you to bring water. Does he have a potbelly too? Do you rub it hoping the water goes down well?

I bet that he has a potbelly. That is just plain laziness. Nothing irritates me more than a lazy person, much less a lazy man.

What next? He will ask her to put the cup in his mouth so he can gulp the water.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by iyatrustee(f): 12:04pm On Aug 11, 2011
^^^isnt it enough? i bet that is why most people would rather post lies than be honest since you are now making jest of him.  angry angry angry angry
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by Badguy2: 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2011
I do my part of the chores at home. But I think my wife takes advantage of that and kind of gets , yknow.
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by digi101(m): 4:47pm On Aug 11, 2011
Princek12:

sorry to say, but your husband is a lazy man. I know dudes like that. He cannot get his own water to drink? So if you are not at home he waits for you to come home to give him water to drink?

Are you sure you are a wife or a house girl? You may need to confirm it with your husband master

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked NA WAH O! u mean we still have guys like that?! My wife must read this thread! When we had our first son not only did i wash, cook , clean but also do night vigil pacifying the little angel at night when mummy was too tired. If you really have a love relationship with your wife nobody should be taking the scores. QED
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2011
iyatrustee:

^^^isnt it enough? i bet that is why most people would rather post lies than be honest since you are now making jest of him.  angry angry angry angry

Should we congratulate him?
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by ideylaff: 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2011
I was raised in a home where the father did his share if not more

I feel bad for those exposed to lazy losers as fathers esp women.

WELL SAID and PUT.
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by olayinkaj2(m): 6:28pm On Aug 11, 2011
Interesting comments here. Yes a man should help his wife. Am not a lazy guy atleast i can cook and do so many other things so, i wouldn't have problems helping my woman with some house chores. Some men are so lazy, common socks they can't wash
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by Gbenge77(m): 9:46pm On Aug 11, 2011
Once in a while.
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by CILondon: 12:18am On Aug 12, 2011
Back in the day when women did not work and were stay at home wives, it was fine for the woman to handle the houswork as her sole responsibility and the man handled working and bringing in the money as his sole responsibility. That was in the old days. In these modern times, a lot of wives are working full time and sharing the financial responsibilty with the husband, therefore the husband MUST share the domestic responsibility with the wife. Not "help out", share. End of
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 12, 2011
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by Demdem(m): 7:53am On Aug 12, 2011
^^^^ u av not answered my tyre question oooo
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by Iranoladun(f): 1:38pm On Aug 12, 2011
I think the problem of men not helping out in household chore is dependent on the way an average Nigerian man is raised.

Until Parents change their gender based attitude towards segregation of duties like cooking, cleaning, shopping, basic home repairs/maintenance (change bulb, mow lawn, wash car, etc) then we will keep having adults who believe that men are lords & masters and should be waited upon while their full-time working wives slave away!

It all start from the ideas and discipline we parents inculcate into our children. Do we as parents believe a girl's place is in the kitchen while its okay for the boy to be watching football on TV/playing games when Mummy and daughter is cooking dinner? Or do we believe that a girl should not learn how to change burnt electric bulb or mow the lawn because it is the boys/men duties? 

If we continue to raise our kids this way we will end up producing 'helpless adults' and men who see kitchen work and cleaning as a taboo for menfolk.  This in my opinion will be difficult to change in adulthood; You cannot teach an old dog new trick! undecided

1 Like

Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by SAFO(m): 4:59pm On Aug 12, 2011
If you're a lazy, jobless individual then you better be helping out with the chores. But if you work all day and you're the sole provider, there's no reason why you should be doing chores. Maybe take out the trash in the morning but that's it.

When I come home from a long day at work, I want to come home to a clean house.

1 Like

Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by osmanbello(m): 10:01pm On Aug 12, 2011
Every person in your home must know their place.

I would feel not a fit husband if my wife(s) had to do any chores, that is the job of the house girls

In, turn I know MY place, that is to provide a nice home(s) to keep food in the kitchens, to keep them safe and look after all their needs no matter the cost.

Real husbands have no need for such trivial tasks.
Re: House Chores: Should Husbands Chip In? by ronkebp(f): 10:48pm On Aug 12, 2011
^^^^^ gbaa bee!!!!! nothing do you, men!!! i like that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

True Spiritual Information About Dada (dreadlocks) / THE REAL MAN...... By Lizzy Oyebola Oyekunle / Ladies, Would You Marry A Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.