Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98083 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Padestiny: 1:56pm On Nov 28, 2023
LPlease my car is IS250 2006 hasn’t been starting lately. check engine light, battery light and parking light all disappeared, one rewirer told me it was ECU, we changed it, changed 6 plugs, all the lights came back after so many touches and (the car won’t start still) , it drains battery quickly, like, I’m fed up and frustrated about this car and I just bought a new battery, I keep getting different batteries like I’m a charger. There’s like 10 liters of fuel in the tank. Please someone should help me out here.

Happy motoring!![/quote]
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mayor2013: 2:37pm On Nov 28, 2023
Padestiny:
LPlease my car is IS250 2006 hasn’t been starting lately. check engine light, battery light and parking light all disappeared, one rewirer told me it was ECU, we changed it, changed 6 plugs, all the lights came back after so many touches and (the car won’t start still) , it drains battery quickly, like, I’m fed up and frustrated about this car and I just bought a new battery, I keep getting different batteries like I’m a charger. There’s like 10 liters of fuel in the tank. Please someone should help me out here.

Happy motoring!!

To start with change mechanic

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by cyif2003(m): 3:28pm On Nov 28, 2023
mayor2013:

yes ohhh. Ur mechanic supose even check if its d fuel pump dat is d problem.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Padestiny: 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2023
mayor2013:

Thank you for that advice bro. So that means this doesn’t require a rewire to check anything again. But he says the ECU doesn’t shock, please is there anything's to say about that sir?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by uncleck: 8:54pm On Nov 28, 2023
Good evening gurus. Please what could be the problem with my 05 Honda Civic? It jerks while driving. Sometimes it looses power that I'll have to turn off the engine and restart it again. It doesn't show any error code when scanned. I've changed fuel pump, injector mouth, 02 sensor, nuzzles, ignition coils and spark plugs still the problem persist

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by FireUpNow(m): 10:27pm On Nov 28, 2023
Can a broken car key be duplicated or welded? Pls I need help urgently
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mayor2013: 3:04am On Nov 29, 2023
Padestiny:

Thank you for that advice bro. So that means this doesn’t require a rewire to check anything again. But he says the ECU doesn’t shock, please is there anything's to say about that sir?

Diagnose the vehicle first. Where is the location of the vehicle
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 5:24am On Nov 29, 2023
FireUpNow:
Can a broken car key be duplicated or welded? Pls I need help urgently

Try duplicating
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by FireUpNow(m): 6:23am On Nov 29, 2023
Dozieson:

Try duplicating
Thank you so much. I will go and do the duplicate.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Nuclear001: 1:11pm On Nov 29, 2023
Good day friends, i believe i can find help here.
I just got a Peugeot 607 with a faulty automatic transmission HP20 but i got a fairly used to replace it. Only to realize that it's mixing oil with ATF. I was asked to get another coolant pump of which i did but no improvement.

I was asked to change the valve body since the solenoid could be damage but yet the car is still in limp mode.

Please what else can i do.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dicksonadams(m): 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2023
Nuclear001:
Good day friends, i believe i can find help here.
I just got a Peugeot 607 with a faulty automatic transmission HP20 but i got a fairly used to replace it. Only to realize that it's mixing oil with ATF. I was asked to get another coolant pump of which i did but no improvement.

I was asked to change the valve body since the solenoid could be damage but yet the car is still in limp mode.

Please what else can i do.

change the transmission.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Padestiny: 7:09pm On Nov 29, 2023
mayor2013:

Diagnose the vehicle first. Where is the location of the vehicle

Maroko ilaje Ajah. Back of vio office along Mobil road. I have tried to locate someone who can scan the car and they obviously didn’t come through. I’m even tired n don’t know what to do. This is two weeks. At first the check engine light disappeared and now it’s back on when I changed the ECU and the car won’t start still. I believe once the car is diagnosed, it should be fixed.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Padestiny: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2023
If there is any lower amount scanner that I can buy from 6k to 8k that I can diagnose by myself and will work out perfectly, please someone should recommend I really need to fix this car it’s been two weeks I haven’t been able to sleep well. I just changed, ECU, 6 plugs, engine fan, relays, fuses and everything is ON on the dashboard but it won’t start.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by frebor(m): 6:14am On Nov 30, 2023
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by frebor(m): 6:15am On Nov 30, 2023
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by frebor(m): 6:15am On Nov 30, 2023
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by frebor(m): 6:16am On Nov 30, 2023
Padestiny:
If there is any lower amount scanner that I can buy from 6k to 8k that I can diagnose by myself and will work out perfectly, please someone should recommend I really need to fix this car it’s been two weeks I haven’t been able to sleep well. I just changed, ECU, 6 plugs, engine fan, relays, fuses and everything is ON on the dashboard but it won’t start.

A cheap scanner won't really solve your issue with the car, you need a competent technician not your touchy touchy trial and error guy.

Anyways try anyone here:
https://www.j umia.com.ng/catalog/?q=obd+elm&shop_premium_services%5B0%5D=shop_express&price=2933-6000.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by innoscos: 7:53am On Nov 30, 2023
[quote author=kingreign post=116222354]This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.

Happy motoring

Honda Accord 2006 auto transmission, Abuja

My engine was idling very low, so i told a Mechanic to help me increase it a little. He adjusted something under the throttle pedal and when he finish my car won't change gear from the first again.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:06am On Nov 30, 2023
[quote author=innoscos post=127237976][/quote]

Tell him to undo what he did

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Padestiny: 5:56pm On Nov 30, 2023
frebor:

A cheap scanner won't really solve your issue with the car, you need a competent technician not your touchy touchy trial and error guy.

Anyways try anyone here:
https://www.j umia.com.ng/catalog/?q=obd+elm&shop_premium_services%5B0%5D=shop_express&price=2933-6000.

Good evening guys

After I scanned the car these are the codes

Pls what and what should I do that’ll make it work

P0020
P0123
P0343
P0453
P2135
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hustlersdiary: 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2023
Good evening, I'd like to know the cost of electric steering rack, rav4 2008.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Parzival001(m): 6:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
Good evening guys, I own a Corolla 2014 and I usually get an average of 18-20mpg before my car overheated and burnt the top gasket, after the repair, I started getting an average of 10mpg, please how do I get a better fuel consumption as usual. I need your professional input please.

Also I do not own a scanner and have not really met any reputable mechanic in my location which is Anambra. I’d appreciate if I get a referral to someone or somewhere my issues would be solved within Anambra, thank you very much for your inputs in advance
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 8:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
Parzival001:
Good evening guys, I own a Corolla 2014 and I usually get an average of 18-20mpg before my car overheated and burnt the top gasket, after the repair, I started getting an average of 10mpg, please how do I get a better fuel consumption as usual. I need your professional input please.

Also I do not own a scanner and have not really met any reputable mechanic in my location which is Anambra. I’d appreciate if I get a referral to someone or somewhere my issues would be solved within Anambra, thank you very much for your inputs in advance

Try and get a scanner online
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by frebor(m): 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2023
Parzival001:

Your mechanic has likely tuned your cooling system to naija settings. Na something cause the overheating but na something else dem go do for you.

This means that your engine doesn't reach operating temperature and causes it to burn more fuel.

If you're confident the repair was handled well and the cause of the overheating was solved, reverse your cooling system to factory settings.

Or I may be wrong. Village people fit dey suck the fuel.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2023
Parzival001:

DM 07034581213 whatsapp only
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Padestiny: 9:05pm On Nov 30, 2023
Padestiny:

Good evening guys

P0020
P0123
P0343
P0453
P2135

Oga oooo so nobody fit tell us how to solve this issues for this car now after una talk say make we scan motor scan motor I done drop codes now nobody day reply. Oda o
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Parzival001(m): 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2023
kingreign:

DM 07034581213 whatsapp only
thank you so much, I’ll contact him
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Parzival001(m): 9:23pm On Nov 30, 2023
Dozieson:

Try and get a scanner online
can I get a link?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 10:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
[quote author=Parzival001 post=127251469] can I get a link?[/quottry search on jiji and konga
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by nurey(m): 4:06am On Dec 01, 2023
Padestiny:

Good evening guys

P0020
P0123
P0343
P0453
P2135

P0020 (crankshaft position actuator bank 2) and P0343 (camshaft position sensor) has to do with your crankshaft and camshaft position sensor which when weak will not send the required signal to the ECM and in turn the ECM will switch off spark and fuel delivery nah the problem of the first brainbox stopping your shocking issues.

P0123 and P2135 is your throttle sensor while P0453 is just emission that one can't cause the non start issue.

You will start your journey from p0020 and p0343, the rewire needs to find the required sensor, trace the wiring for continuity then clean the sensor if it's still same, you may need to replace the sensors with OEM.

Focus more on the P0343 because it can also mean you have timing issues but above all you need a qualified technician not some roadside doddle.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Padestiny: 4:23am On Dec 01, 2023
nurey:

P0020 (crankshaft position actuator bank 2) and P0343 (camshaft position sensor) has to do with your crankshaft and camshaft position sensor which when weak will not send the required signal to the ECM and in turn the ECM will switch off spark and fuel delivery nah the problem of the first brainbox stopping your shocking issues.

P0123 and P2135 is your throttle sensor while P0453 is just emission that one can't cause the non start issue.

You will start your journey from p0020 and p0343, the rewire needs to find the required sensor, trace the wiring for continuity then clean the sensor if it's still same, you may need to replace the sensors with OEM.

Focus more on the P0343 because it can also mean you have timing issues but above all you need a qualified technician not some roadside doddle.

Thank you… I go to Ladipo in the morning to get someone that’ll work it. I hope someone can come with me to Ajah to fix it. 2weeks now e never start.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by nurey(m): 4:28am On Dec 01, 2023
Padestiny:

Thank you… I go to Ladipo in the morning to get someone that’ll work it. I hope someone can come with me to Ajah to fix it. 2weeks now e never start.

If you check mega chicken while heading to Ajah there is Mr milex/transmission there coloured yellow with big open space you can head in and relate with them if funds is not an issue. They can tow the vehicle to their garage and fix.

Besides there are many garages along that Ajah-lekki highway with technicians

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.