Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,324 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (101224 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by opt2: 7:23pm On Dec 05, 2023
Good day pls i just got a Corolla 2007 and the check engine light is on and when i scan it brings code p0031. Oxygen sensor controll heater low . Pls what can be done. Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by africanman85: 7:23pm On Dec 05, 2023
Good evening house, I changed my nissan Almera clutch plate but I noticed anytime I put it on gear, the car vibrates b4 it moves. It was not doing like that b4 I change d clutch plate. What could be d problem ?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 5:44am On Dec 06, 2023
jceesquare:

Which one be IACV for 2006 corolla?

Lol, my bad, didn't pay attention on the year.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Dozieson(m): 10:44am On Dec 06, 2023
opt2:
Good day pls i just got a Corolla 2007 and the check engine light is on and when i scan it brings code p0031. Oxygen sensor controll heater low . Pls what can be done. Thanks

Inspect if the O2 sensor on the exhaust close to the engine is bad. Then replace
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:15pm On Dec 06, 2023
opt2:

Replace the upstream O2 sensor.
Get a tokunbo type.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hassan52(m): 4:00am On Dec 07, 2023
kingreign:
This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.

Happy motoring!!

I noticed some kind of sound/noise around my engine, oil spilage around top cover and around the belt side too... Please what's the possible solution. Thanks.
It's a Toyota Corolla 2003, automatic
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 7:31am On Dec 07, 2023
Hassan52:

I noticed some kind of sound/noise around my engine, oil spilage around top cover and around the belt side too... Please what's the possible solution. Thanks.
It's a Toyota Corolla 2003, automatic

For noise, pls visit a competent technician to diagnose and fix it. For oil leaks, have same mechanic carefully look around the top and sides, then replace the valve cover gasket with a brand new piece and have it glued with an RTV silicon gum.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by ModJ1(m): 9:36am On Dec 07, 2023
jceesquare:

Cleaning it won't fix anything if it's bad.
Ok thank you Soo much Sir, I really appreciate the advise🙏🏾

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kennosklint(m): 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2023
kingreign:
This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Please, state the name, model and year of your car, type of transmission and engine, and the location of the car to enable quicker response.
Please I need a help. My gearbox has leakage which started not quite long and I do call a mechanic to check it which he did and work on it with a lot of money. Few days later the leakage started and which I called him to complain and he said my car has been converted to 10 pin that the gear box need to be changed b4 it can work fine again, please what can I do or what could be the problem and solution. Lexus Es 350

Happy motoring!!
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kennosklint(m): 5:47pm On Dec 07, 2023
kingreign:

Happy motoring!!
Please I need a help. My gearbox has leakage which started not quite long and I do call a mechanic to check it which he did and work on it with a lot of money. Few days later the leakage started and which I called him to complain and he said my car has been converted to 10 pin that the gear box need to be changed b4 it can work fine again, please what can I do or what could be the problem and solution. Lexus Es 350
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kennosklint(m): 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2023
[quote author=kingreign post=116222354]This is a thread created for people to tell us their vehicle faults and we on our part can give solutions to their car faults. Where applicable, we may make references using pictures, videos and others to provide answers and solutions.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2023
kennosklint:

1, Was your car converted from 22pin to 10pin, Yes or no?

2, Was he the person who converted it, yes or no?

3, Does the car shifts thru all its gears, yes or no?

4, Have you seek another technicians opinion based on this discovery, Yes or no?

From your comment, your problem was oil leaks from your transmission, your mechanic ought to fix it, if he can't, have someone else do it.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by dicksonadams(m): 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2023
kingreign:

For noise, pls visit a competent technician to diagnose and fix it. For oil leaks, have same mechanic carefully look around the top and sides, then replace the valve cover gasket with a brand new piece and have it glued with an RTV silicon gum.
boss what is your tot of mechanic that use this 1k gasket gum in small okatc container
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kennosklint(m): 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2023
kingreign:

1, Was your car converted from 22pin to 10pin, Yes or no?

2, Was he the person who converted it, yes or no?

3, Does the car shifts thru all its gears, yes or no?

4, Have you seek another technicians opinion based on this discovery, Yes or no?

From your comment, your problem was oil leaks from your transmission, your mechanic ought to fix it, if he can't, have someone else do it.
1) Yes it was
2) No
3) Yes it does but after working on the gear the shifting reduced
4). Not yet. I will be grateful if you could recommend a technician within Benin axis or outside to me .
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2023
kennosklint:

1) Yes it was
2) No
3) Yes it does but after working on the gear the shifting reduced
4). Not yet. I will be grateful if you could recommend a technician within Benin axis or outside to me .
I can't recommend anybody in Benin Axis cos I know nobody there who's capable.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:10pm On Dec 07, 2023
dicksonadams:
boss what is your tot of mechanic that use this 1k gasket gum in small okatc container

Abeg pix of the gum.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kennosklint(m): 10:42pm On Dec 07, 2023
kingreign:

I can't recommend anybody in Benin Axis cos I know nobody there who's capable.
what about outside Benin Axis ?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Angrigowt: 11:14pm On Dec 07, 2023
Sell the car. Its an old model archaic lexus. We glorify old scraps here. Sell the car. It has started giving issues. Sell it fast
kennosklint:
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kennosklint(m): 11:19pm On Dec 07, 2023
Angrigowt:
Sell the car. It’s an old model archaic lexus. We glorify old scraps here. Sell the car. It has started giving issues. Sell it fast
Thanks bro
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Angrigowt: 11:23pm On Dec 07, 2023
Im talking from experience. U will keep fixing one thing to the other. Sell it and buy honda and rest
kennosklint:
Thanks bro
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kennosklint(m): 11:41pm On Dec 07, 2023
Angrigowt:
Im talking from experience. U will keep fixing one thing to the other. Sell it and buy honda and rest
The worst I just bought this car about a month ago
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kennosklint(m): 11:46pm On Dec 07, 2023
Angrigowt:
What Honda will you recommend?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Angrigowt: 12:28am On Dec 08, 2023
Civic or any v6 from 2012 upwards. Lexus is luxury n sensitive with unlimited sensors here and there...
kennosklint:
What Honda will you recommend?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:04am On Dec 08, 2023
kennosklint:
In warri, yes.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by MeGt: 6:46am On Dec 08, 2023
MeGt:
Hi. My steering is quite stiff when I start the car. After just a few turns, it loosens up and becomes smooth. Should I be really worried pls?

PS: Don't know if it's a coincidence, but this started a day after the engine was washed.

Turns out na belt cause am. Fixed

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kennosklint(m): 7:07am On Dec 08, 2023
kingreign:

In warri, yes.
can he come to Benin if yes send me his number I’ll will send him transport
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hassan52(m): 7:16am On Dec 08, 2023
kingreign:

Please How can I reach you or who can you recommend ?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:20am On Dec 08, 2023
kennosklint:
can he come to Benin if yes send me his number I’ll will send him transport

No worry find someone within your vicinity.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kennosklint(m): 8:31am On Dec 08, 2023
kingreign:

No worry find someone within your vicinity.
Ok
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by sigeo: 10:07am On Dec 08, 2023
Just got a GL 450 Benz 2010 model
but the key remote isn't functioning and the alternate key is lost making it impossible to lock the car as I may not be able to open it . Someone told me it may be the key battery that's faulty.
Please where can I get the battery replaced or even buy another key. Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2023
sigeo:
Just got a GL 450 Benz 2010 model
but the key remote isn't functioning and the alternate key is lost making it impossible to lock the car as I may not be able to open it . Someone told me it may be the key battery that's faulty.
Please where can I get the battery replaced or even buy another key. Thanks

Replace keyless fob battery if it works, fine. If it doesn't work, you need it replaced & reprogrammed.
I can't give location of where you can buy new replacement piece because I don’t know where you are.

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (130) (Reply)

Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? / What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.