Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,509 members, 7,836,957 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (101391 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (130) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 6:51am On Oct 16, 2023
24dro:
Good evening professionals in the house.
Please i need your help and i would try to make it as short as possible.
My car has been having a series of issues after i got into a pothole that broke 1 of the front hub of the front tyre. The hub was resting on the fan belt when it broke but i changed that though when i took it to the mechanic to repair because i was perceiving the smell of burnt tyre, but ever since then, my front shraft hasn't been the same again. Each time i turn the steering wheel it makes a lost of cracking noise now on both legs mostly when I'm on lets say 25 to 40kmp but above i hardly hear it. When i try to reverse or do cornering, even dangote truck steering wheel isn't as hard to steer as mine. 1 thing i noticed is that, steering wheel is soft in the morning when car is cool but cracking noise is still there and it gets hard when engine is hot. Changed shraft already on Wednesday, had the mechanic review it again on Friday because it still keeps making the same noise. Please what should i do, thinking of carrying it back tomorrow to check if it something else that's 60k drown the drain already and also, i changed the steering oil and put a new 1 on Friday but still same stiffness, i feel something else is wrong. My ogas abeg come to my aid.
2007 sienna and location is lagos.
Any impact that broke your hub would most likely affect other suspension components.
Check all your suspension components (lower arm, spring, shock, ball joint, thyroid, tyre, rim) if bent, bad, or out of alignment and fix.
Also check to see if the impact affected your beam.
For worst case scenario, you might need to also inspect your differential in your transmission.
For the stiff steering, your pump, rack or both needs to be replaced with new ones
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by tunbosun002(f): 7:07am On Oct 16, 2023
kingreign:

Is it a factory alarm or an aftermarket 3rd party alarm?
Good morning, it’s a factory alarm.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by 24dro(m): 9:23am On Oct 16, 2023
jceesquare:

Any impact that broke your hub would most likely affect other suspension components.
Check all your suspension components (lower arm, spring, shock, ball joint, thyroid, tyre, rim) if bent, bad, or out of alignment and fix.
Also check to see if the impact affected your beam.
For worst case scenario, you might need to also inspect your differential in your transmission.
For the stiff steering, your pump, rack or both needs to be replaced with new ones
Tyre, rim, shock and spring are in perfect shape my guess is lower arm or ball joint.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:50am On Oct 16, 2023
24dro:

Tyre, rim, shock and spring are in perfect shape my guess is lower arm or ball joint.

Don't conclude, recheck everything

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by REDshouse(m): 10:19pm On Oct 16, 2023
Help Help Help

My Corolla 09

Car driving gud though Abs and brake light on, have been driving like that for months with no issue until I decided to change hub bearing and shaft which were all making noise, after changes I test run the car and all went fine until the next day,

I drove from Gbagada to Ikorodu all went smooth and on coming back to Gbagada I observe car transmission shifting at gear 3 and 4, I managed to drive it to base at Gbagada.

Called my mechanic, we scanned the car and it brings out ... Code P0751, shift Solenoid A performance/stuck off, called in a gear master and he said I have to service the valve body and possibly check all the solenoids.

After gear master servicing, installing bigger switch and change of oil to original ATF WS ... We tested the car and still doing same thing. Scanned the car again but all transmission code gone only left with ABS code C0215 and C0221.

Please I need solution to this problem of my Car
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:33am On Oct 17, 2023
REDshouse:
Help Help Help

My Corolla 09

Car driving gud though Abs and brake light on, have been driving like that for months with no issue until I decided to change hub bearing and shaft which were all making noise, after changes I test run the car and all went fine until the next day,

I drove from Gbagada to Ikorodu all went smooth and on coming back to Gbagada I observe car transmission shifting at gear 3 and 4, I managed to drive it to base at Gbagada.

Called my mechanic, we scanned the car and it brings out ... Code P0751, shift Solenoid A performance/stuck off, called in a gear master and he said I have to service the valve body and possibly check all the solenoids.

After gear master servicing, installing bigger switch and change of oil to original ATF WS ... We tested the car and still doing same thing. Scanned the car again but all transmission code gone only left with ABS code C0215 and C0221.

Please I need solution to this problem of my Car

Replace the front right ABS sensor and check if the rear left ABS wiring Is connected, if it is, swap left wiring to right, test and record. If the code moves to right, it's wiring if code stays in left rear, replace hub.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hostermipo(m): 8:24am On Oct 17, 2023
Good evening house,

Please my steering is always very hard to turn when I am stationary while pressing break, until I lift my foot from the break or throttle a little before if functions normally again. It makes it really difficult to come turn or come out of very small space.

Please advise

Thanks
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by becky39000(m): 8:32am On Oct 17, 2023
Hostermipo:
Good evening house,

Please my steering is always very hard to turn when I am stationary while pressing break, until I lift my foot from the break or throttle a little before if functions normally again. It makes it really difficult to come turn or come out of very small space.

Please advise

Thanks

Issues like that are common with 1976 Ford Mustangs, just brush the steering rack with iron sponge and ur good to go 😁
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 8:42am On Oct 17, 2023
Hostermipo:
Good evening house,

Please advise

Thanks

Check steering rack for leaks, check pressure pipe for leaks, if any, replace the failed parts and replace the power steering pump
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutoConsult: 10:03am On Oct 17, 2023
24dro:
Good evening professionals in the house.
Please i need your help and i would try to make it as short as possible.
My car has been having a series of issues after i got into a pothole that broke 1 of the front hub of the front tyre. The hub was resting on the fan belt when it broke but i changed that though when i took it to the mechanic to repair because i was perceiving the smell of burnt tyre, but ever since then, my front shraft hasn't been the same again. Each time i turn the steering wheel it makes a lost of cracking noise now on both legs mostly when I'm on lets say 25 to 40kmp but above i hardly hear it. When i try to reverse or do cornering, even dangote truck steering wheel isn't as hard to steer as mine. 1 thing i noticed is that, steering wheel is soft in the morning when car is cool but cracking noise is still there and it gets hard when engine is hot. Changed shraft already on Wednesday, had the mechanic review it again on Friday because it still keeps making the same noise. Please what should i do, thinking of carrying it back tomorrow to check if it something else that's 60k drown the drain already and also, i changed the steering oil and put a new 1 on Friday but still same stiffness, i feel something else is wrong. My ogas abeg come to my aid.
2007 sienna and location is lagos.
This is strange.

Firstly, Toyota Siena does not use a fan belt. Secondly, there's no way the hub can rest on the serpentine belt and the vehicle will still be mobile.

Now, I don't know what your mechanic did to your shaft. If truly he changed it, there's no way it'll still be making noise, except what is making that sound is actually not the shaft.

Ordinarily, shaft would only make noise during turns, but for It to be making noise while you are moving at 40km/h, that's weird. The shaft must be completely gone, which now brings us back to if your mechanic truly changed the shaft or not.

Some mechanics I know only add lots of grease to reduce the noise - they don't change it.

Now, concerning the steering issues, it's difficult to diagnose steering issues over the phone. It can be tricky at times. You'll probably have to approach a different mechanic to help you check it again. Prepare to change both the pump and the rack at worst.

Generally, I wish you could get a sincere person to help you perform a thorough check on your vehicle's suspensions. Something seems to be bent down there, putting too much pressure on your tire, hence the smelly tire you perceived earlier.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutoConsult: 10:06am On Oct 17, 2023
Hostermipo:
Good evening house,

Please advise

Thanks
It's either your steering pump is getting weak or your idle running is too low. Does the vehicle vibrate when it's stationary?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 1:15pm On Oct 17, 2023
Hostermipo:
Good evening house,

Please advise

Thanks
Check power steering pressure hose or pump connection and ensure the socket is well fitted in.
Your ECU is not getting command to increase idle when you turn the steering.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Hostermipo(m): 2:58pm On Oct 17, 2023
jceesquare:

Check power steering pressure hose or pump connection and ensure the socket is well fitted in.
Your ECU is not getting command to increase idle when you turn the steering.

Thank you very much for the insight, I will do the checks

AutoConsult:

It's either your steering pump is getting weak or your idle running is too low. Does the vehicle vibrate when it's stationary?

Thank you very much. It doesn't vibrate when stationary.

kingreign:

Check steering rack for leaks, check pressure pipe for leaks, if any, replace the failed parts and replace the power steering pump
Okay, I will thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by REDshouse(m): 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2023
kingreign:

Replace the front right ABS sensor and check if the rear left ABS wiring Is connected, if it is, swap left wiring to right, test and record. If the code moves to right, it's wiring if code stays in left rear, replace hub.

Bro pls send me ur number so that we can talk and explain better

This is my number
0903. One 42838 four.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2023
REDshouse:

Bro pls send me ur number so that we can talk and explain better

This is my number
0903. One 42838 four.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by poshemmanuel(m): 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2023
What's the best Toyota Corolla model to buy from 1998 - 2006?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Bobxin: 8:27am On Oct 18, 2023
Please my side mirror was stolen, (2013 Lexus RX 350). What is the cost of just the glass? (Tokunbo) Both Left & Right.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Doris4ever(m): 8:44am On Oct 18, 2023
Good day everyone, please I need a car for rental to be use for (uber and bolt) to deliver weekly.

I’m ready to start work immediately.

If you are an intending investor/partner and you are willing to invest in uber/bolt business in Lagos

I’m very sincere and very careful in my endeavors.

I will handle your car with utmost care and you will have good return on your investment.

I am ready to pay weekly as agreed without any stories.

I will provide verifiable guarantor as needed.

I live in a gated compound, car security is guaranteed.

My location is Lagos

WhatsApp/call - 07025326910
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:25am On Oct 18, 2023
Bobxin:
Please my side mirror was stolen, (2013 Lexus RX 350). What is the cost of just the glass? (Tokunbo) Both Left & Right.
Is yours equipped with the blind spot monitoring system?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Bobxin: 3:18pm On Oct 18, 2023
kingreign:

Is yours equipped with the blind spot monitoring system?

Yes
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by poshemmanuel(m): 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2023
poshemmanuel:
What's the best Toyota Corolla model to buy from 1998 - 2006?
I need reply it's urgent please
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2023
Bobxin:

Yes

A side is over 100k at the last time I got for a customer. Budget around 200k minimum.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Bobxin: 4:22pm On Oct 18, 2023
kingreign:

A side is over 100k at the last time I got for a customer. Budget around 200k minimum.

Just the glass. Not the whole.

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:32pm On Oct 18, 2023
Bobxin:

Just the glass. Not the whole.
Yes, the glass alone. E be like you no know wetin dey sup yet for your car.
The non BSM is 50-70k a set.

Your front logo, becareful too, that logo is 25k.

3 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 5:57pm On Oct 18, 2023
poshemmanuel:

I need reply it's urgent please
Buy anyone you can afford

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by soxyfem: 6:42pm On Oct 18, 2023
Good evening great minds,
Pls I drive a 2005 lexus es330, I recently changed the water pump and since then I observed that
1.There is a water flowing sound (like water running through holes from the dashboard) that the car makes whenever I start the car, very strange sounds o.
2. Each time I brake at a bump or speed breaker, it sluggishly picks up and jacks as well before driving smoothly.
Kindly advise me on what to do pls.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Bobxin: 7:40pm On Oct 18, 2023
kingreign:

Yes, the glass alone. E be like you no know wetin dey sup yet for your car.
The non BSM is 50-70k a set.

Your front logo, becareful too, that logo is 25k.

Okay, thanks.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by fbtowner(m): 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2023
Hi guys. Please I need some assistance. My 08 Accord kind of want to swerve off road if I brake @120km or above, if I try to slow down with brake it forcefully turn my steering making the car moving like it wants to leave the road. So if I’m @120 speed or above I will have to release the throttle then when the speeds drops to 100 I will then apply brake very slowly

I experienced this the very first time I traveled interstate with the car. And that was the only time I have traveled interstate with the car since I bought it

The only notable things I did to the car when I bought it are
1, change driver side shaft
2, change both ball joint
3, change tire from 225/50 R17 to 225/55 R17 for front and 235/55 R17 for back
4, raised the car with one black rubber

The mechanic said he will use one black rubber that will be added to the shock absorbers to raise it a little , after raising with that rubber a friend warned me that I won’t be able to travel with it because that rubber always have a bad effect when you are on high speed but he said I won’t notice anything if I’m driving around town. Now I don’t know if it’s the rubber or something else

The way it swerve is really scary especially when I am beside a trailer and I want to quickly slow down to let it go
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2023
fbtowner:
Hi guys. Please I need some assistance. My 08 Accord kind of want to swerve off road if I brake @120km or above, if I try to slow down with brake it forcefully turn my steering making the car moving like it wants to leave the road. So if I’m @120 speed or above I will have to release the throttle then when the speeds drops to 100 I will then apply brake very slowly

I experienced this the very first time I traveled interstate with the car. And that was the only time I have traveled interstate with the car since I bought it

The only notable things I did to the car when I bought it are
1, change driver side shaft
2, change both ball joint
3, change tire from 225/50 R17 to 225/55 R17 for front and 235/55 R17 for back
4, raised the car with one black rubber

The mechanic said he will use one black rubber that will be added to the shock absorbers to raise it a little , after raising with that rubber a friend warned me that I won’t be able to travel with it because that rubber always have a bad effect when you are on high speed but he said I won’t notice anything if I’m driving around town. Now I don’t know if it’s the rubber or something else

The way it swerve is really scary especially when I am beside a trailer and I want to quickly slow down to let it go

Is your ABS and traction control on?
Have you checked if your brake pads are installed properly, and that the brake pads are the right type?
Check if your brake caliper binds on one wheel or is stuck?
Check also your lower control arm if the bushing is broken, it can cause similar problems.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2023
soxyfem:
Good evening great minds,
Pls I drive a 2005 lexus es330, I recently changed the water pump and since then I observed that
1.There is a water flowing sound (like water running through holes from the dashboard) that the car makes whenever I start the car, very strange sounds o.
2. Each time I brake at a bump or speed breaker, it sluggishly picks up and jacks as well before driving smoothly.
Kindly advise me on what to do pls.
Check if your car has been bled properly after water pump replacement, check if water still stay at same level after driving for some time.
As for the sluggish pick up after slowing down, have your car scanned and post codes here.
Undo the rubbish contraption cut and join rubber that mechanic did.
Finally, change mechanic
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2023
Bobxin:

Okay, thanks.

You're welcome
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by fbtowner(m): 7:50am On Oct 19, 2023
kingreign:

Is your ABS and traction control on?
Have you checked if your brake pads are installed properly, and that the brake pads are the right type?
Check if your brake caliper binds on one wheel or is stuck?
Check also your lower control arm if the bushing is broken, it can cause similar problems.

If by “Is your ABS and traction control on” u mean if my abs light is on, the answer is no.

I change the 4 brake pads 3 months ago also.

Thanks I will check all that you mentioned and I will also remove the rubber they used to raise it

What is the best way to raise the car just slightly?

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (130) (Reply)

Innoson Vehicles Releases New Models Of Vehicle / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? / What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars

Viewing this topic: Buchika, vivalavida(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.