Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them - Car Talk (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them (98047 Views)

Wrong Overtaking: Who Is At Fault? / REMOTE FAULT ASSESSMENT AND DIAGNOSIS GUIDE By AutoMoTech / Let's Troubleshoot This Car Fault. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutoConsult: 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2023
olatunjysky:
we just changed the throttle pedal..I don't know why it still refuse to raise
Trying another brain box on it would have been great.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kings88(m): 11:38pm On Oct 26, 2023
Please how much can i get a gear body valve for Volkswagen Golf 4 2.0
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sagaciousd1: 11:11pm On Oct 27, 2023
My 2008 honda accord (v4) jacks violently when my car changes gears. It does this also when about driving after few hours of parking.

I have changed engine seats, fuel pump and it's still the same. Though, the car moves well after the jack.

What could be wrong ..kindly advise
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 4:28am On Oct 28, 2023
Sagaciousd1:
My 2008 honda accord (v4) jacks violently when my car changes gears. It does this also when about driving after few hours of parking.

I have changed engine seats, fuel pump and it's still the same. Though, the car moves well after the jack.

What could be wrong ..kindly advise

Scan engine and transmission and post codes lets see whats wrong.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Sagaciousd1: 6:46am On Oct 28, 2023
kingreign:

Scan engine and transmission and post codes lets see whats wrong.
Attached is the scan result

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by jceesquare(m): 11:17am On Oct 28, 2023
Sagaciousd1:

Attached is the scan result
Scan transmission.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Obidikejr(m): 12:46am On Oct 29, 2023
Hello bossos

I'm about to buy a car. Noticed a few things.

1. The steering isnt smooth enough. Has a stiff turn. I won't enjoy driving it this way atall. I'm used to light steering and easy turning of the wheel.

2. The AC really pulls at the engine especially when moving from a stop.

This is a Honda Accord 2009.

I understand I'm buying a Nigerian used car and it won't be nearly 100% perfect. But are this things fixable and not cause regret if I proceed further to purchase the car

Also noticed the vehicle paper has expired way back in 2016 (same time the custom duty was done). According to the dealer, the person has been using the car in the core north (where all this uniform people don't trouble them) so didn't see need to renew the vehicle papers. What do you think ?

Appreciate your thought on this too
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 2:20am On Oct 29, 2023
Obidikejr:

Hello bossos

1. The steering isnt smooth enough. Has a stiff turn. I won't enjoy driving it this way atall. I'm used to light steering and easy turning of the wheel.

I understand I'm buying a Nigerian used car and it won't be nearly 100% perfect. But are this things fixable and not cause regret if I proceed further to purchase the car

Also noticed the vehicle paper has expired way back in 2016 (same time the custom duty was done). According to the dealer, the person has been using the car in the core north (where all this uniform people don't trouble them) so didn't see need to renew the vehicle papers. What do you think ?

Get a better car.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by David50: 7:14pm On Oct 29, 2023
Obidikejr:

Hello bossos

Actually, like you mentioned, there are hardly any perfect Nigerian vehicles. So the trick is to get one that isnt too abused.

I'd start with a simple scan of the vehicle..it may reveal more potentially serious issues with vehicle.

But strictly going by the symtoms you mentioned, they aren't very critical problems. The steering issue could be linked to steering pump or steering rack or other related components which are totally fixable.

For the AC, it might be using a manual compressor which is the preferred option for most AC kazeems nowadays.. so it shouldnt surprise you being a Nigerian used car... you can budget to switch to automatic after purchase - if you feel the need to do so.

Start with a scan. Bid the car as low as possible so you can budget for the smaller fixes.

2 Likes

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Manuella4ace: 7:51pm On Oct 29, 2023
Obidikejr:

Hello bossos

Prepare your pocket for a new engine, gear, Ac system, steering components, shocks e.t.c
Just leave the car for your peace of mind and save up for a better car.
No go use your hand buy headache.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutoConsult: 10:29am On Oct 31, 2023
Obidikejr:

Hello bossos

Should have gone with a pro to help you run a check. Doesn't cost much. And that's what I do
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutoConsult: 10:32am On Oct 31, 2023
Don't go buy the car alone. Let a professional help you out.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 11:23am On Oct 31, 2023
AutoConsult:
Don't go buy the car alone. Let a professional help you out.
Pls desist from this. Go create your thread geared towards advertising your services and stop derailing this thread.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by masciv: 1:38pm On Oct 31, 2023
kingreign:

Replace the Hub ASSY.

How do you mean please? The wheel bearing or the whole chunk that attaches to the strut?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2023
masciv:

How do you mean please? The wheel bearing or the whole chunk that attaches to the strut?
Yes
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutoConsult: 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2023
kingreign:

Pls desist from this. Go create your thread geared towards advertising your services and stop derailing this thread.
Alright sir. Apologies.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Inspectorama: 4:23pm On Oct 31, 2023
Navigating The Used Car Market: The Imperative Of Pre-purchase Inspections

Embarking on the journey of purchasing a used vehicle is an exciting venture, yet one that demands careful consideration. Among the myriad decisions, there's one crucial step that no buyer should overlook – the pre-purchase inspection. This pivotal examination stands as a shield against potential risks, offering both peace of mind and a roadmap to informed decision-making. In this article, we delve into the dangers of bypassing this essential inspection process and illuminate the advantages that accompany it, especially when facilitated through the comprehensive services of Inspectorama (https://www.inspectorama.com).

The Pitfalls of Skipping a Pre-Purchase Inspection:

Unveiling Hidden Issues:
Without a meticulous inspection, concealed mechanical problems may remain undetected. Inspectorama's expert inspectors are trained to unearth these hidden issues, ensuring that buyers have a comprehensive understanding of a vehicle's condition.

Ensuring Safety First:
Safety is paramount, and Inspectorama's inspections delve into the safety features of a vehicle. From brakes to airbags, our inspectors leave no stone unturned, providing buyers with assurance that their chosen vehicle meets the highest safety standards.

Financial Safeguard:
Unforeseen repairs can quickly become a financial burden. Inspectorama's inspections help buyers anticipate potential costs, empowering them to make financially sound decisions and avoid unexpected post-purchase expenditures.

Complete Vehicle History:
Inspectorama's inspections go beyond the surface, unraveling a vehicle's history. Accidents, major repairs, or instances of neglect are unveiled, ensuring that buyers are fully informed about the vehicle's past.

Unmasking Hidden Damage:
Cosmetic fixes can obscure more severe body or frame damage. Inspectorama's meticulous inspections uncover any signs of prior accidents, ensuring that buyers are not left with hidden structural issues.

The Inspectorama Advantage:

Comprehensive Peace of Mind:
Inspectorama offers buyers comprehensive peace of mind. Our inspections provide a 360-degree view of a vehicle's condition, allowing buyers to approach their purchase with confidence.

Negotiation Power:
Armed with Inspectorama's inspection findings, buyers gain negotiation leverage. Whether seeking a lower price or asking the seller to address identified issues, Inspectorama's reports give buyers the power to shape a favorable deal.

Long-Term Savings:
While Inspectorama's inspections involve an initial cost, they translate into long-term savings. Early identification of issues enables proactive resolution, saving buyers money in the long run.

Safety Assurance:
Inspectorama prioritizes safety. Our inspections ensure that all safety features are in optimal condition, reducing the risk of accidents caused by malfunctioning components.

Informed Decision-Making:
Inspectorama empowers buyers to make informed decisions. Our detailed inspection reports align with buyers' preferences and priorities, guiding them toward a purchase that meets their expectations.

Conclusion:
As you navigate the exhilarating terrain of purchasing a used vehicle, remember that knowledge is your greatest ally. Embrace the wisdom of a pre-purchase inspection, and when you do, entrust your journey to Inspectorama. Beyond a mere inspection, we offer a comprehensive service that transforms the vehicle-buying experience into a confident and informed venture. Let Inspectorama be your guide, ensuring that every road you traverse is one paved with confidence, safety, and the promise of countless worry-free miles. Your car-buying journey awaits, and with Inspectorama, it's bound to be a ride like no other.

To get started, follow this link: https://www.inspectorama.com/services/vehicle or call 08062989430.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Samueljohnny449: 4:33pm On Oct 31, 2023
Good evening everyone. I'm facing this challenge with my Honda Civic 2006. If I put it on reverse then it delay and the speedometer will be going up and down and once the speedometer finally stop then it will enter and when it eventually enter then it jerk and if I put it on drive then it also jerk except I turn the car off and on again before it will work normal but if I put it on drive straight without engaging on reverse it works smoothly. But at times if the car gets hot it seems to work normal. I went to scan the car and result showed that the (pressure control solenoids stuck off). Please advice me on what to do thanks

The car was making knock sound before if throttle and I change the gear box
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2023
Samueljohnny449:
Good evening everyone. I'm facing this challenge with my Honda Civic 2006. If I put it on reverse then it delay and the speedometer will be going up and down and once the speedometer finally stop then it will enter and when it eventually enter then it jerk and if I put it on drive then it also jerk except I turn the car off and on again before it will work normal but if I put it on drive straight without engaging on reverse it works smoothly. But at times if the car gets hot it seems to work normal. I went to scan the car and result showed that the (pressure control solenoids stuck off). Please advice me on what to do thanks

The car was making knock sound before if throttle and I change the gear box

Scan and post codes here we will advise you on what to do
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:12pm On Oct 31, 2023
Inspectorama:
[s]Navigating The Used Car Market: The Imperative Of Pre-purchase Inspections

Embarking on the journey of purchasing a used vehicle is an exciting venture, yet one that demands careful consideration. Among the myriad decisions, there's one crucial step that no buyer should overlook – the pre-purchase inspection. This pivotal examination stands as a shield against potential risks, offering both peace of mind and a roadmap to informed decision-making. In this article, we delve into the dangers of bypassing this essential inspection process and illuminate the advantages that accompany it, especially when facilitated through the comprehensive services of Inspectorama (https://www.inspectorama.com).

The Pitfalls of Skipping a Pre-Purchase Inspection:

Unveiling Hidden Issues:
Without a meticulous inspection, concealed mechanical problems may remain undetected. Inspectorama's expert inspectors are trained to unearth these hidden issues, ensuring that buyers have a comprehensive understanding of a vehicle's condition.

Ensuring Safety First:
Safety is paramount, and Inspectorama's inspections delve into the safety features of a vehicle. From brakes to airbags, our inspectors leave no stone unturned, providing buyers with assurance that their chosen vehicle meets the highest safety standards.

Financial Safeguard:
Unforeseen repairs can quickly become a financial burden. Inspectorama's inspections help buyers anticipate potential costs, empowering them to make financially sound decisions and avoid unexpected post-purchase expenditures.

Complete Vehicle History:
Inspectorama's inspections go beyond the surface, unraveling a vehicle's history. Accidents, major repairs, or instances of neglect are unveiled, ensuring that buyers are fully informed about the vehicle's past.

Unmasking Hidden Damage:
Cosmetic fixes can obscure more severe body or frame damage. Inspectorama's meticulous inspections uncover any signs of prior accidents, ensuring that buyers are not left with hidden structural issues.

The Inspectorama Advantage:

Comprehensive Peace of Mind:
Inspectorama offers buyers comprehensive peace of mind. Our inspections provide a 360-degree view of a vehicle's condition, allowing buyers to approach their purchase with confidence.

Negotiation Power:
Armed with Inspectorama's inspection findings, buyers gain negotiation leverage. Whether seeking a lower price or asking the seller to address identified issues, Inspectorama's reports give buyers the power to shape a favorable deal.

Long-Term Savings:
While Inspectorama's inspections involve an initial cost, they translate into long-term savings. Early identification of issues enables proactive resolution, saving buyers money in the long run.

Safety Assurance:
Inspectorama prioritizes safety. Our inspections ensure that all safety features are in optimal condition, reducing the risk of accidents caused by malfunctioning components.

Informed Decision-Making:
Inspectorama empowers buyers to make informed decisions. Our detailed inspection reports align with buyers' preferences and priorities, guiding them toward a purchase that meets their expectations.

Conclusion:
As you navigate the exhilarating terrain of purchasing a used vehicle, remember that knowledge is your greatest ally. Embrace the wisdom of a pre-purchase inspection, and when you do, entrust your journey to Inspectorama. Beyond a mere inspection, we offer a comprehensive service that transforms the vehicle-buying experience into a confident and informed venture. Let Inspectorama be your guide, ensuring that every road you traverse is one paved with confidence, safety, and the promise of countless worry-free miles. Your car-buying journey awaits, and with Inspectorama, it's bound to be a ride like no other.

To get started, follow this link: https://www.inspectorama.com/services/vehicle or call 08062989430.[/s]

Stop derailing this thread
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Daviewonder(m): 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2023
dynamicd28:
I earlier posted this on the "Peugeot cars with attitude section" since 23rd, Its quiet there , hope to get some comments here.

Hello everyone! I have a Peugeot 206 :

* 1.4i 75HP (TU3JP) manual gear box.
*Bought brand new at 109km mileage.
* Has 53,936 km total mileage and 15 years service.
* Used only for light town running.
* Only manufacturer approved oils have been used on it.
* All replacement parts used were genuine, ordered from Peugeot dealers overseas.

I plead guilty of the following Lion abuses :

* Car has been tampered with by numerous Kazeems: "rewire" and mechanic . In the early years, I was using Oluwalogbon Motors on Obafemi Awolowo Way Ikeja, but stopped due to high prices!

*Cooling fan was connected to run direct.

* Oil change was irregular due to low utilisation, but manufacturer recommended Total oil was always used.

* Timing belt cut while I was driving, ( My carelessness) this thread has taught me to replace timing kit every 4 years or 80kkm. The cylinder valves got damaged by the incident, I replaced all 8 valves, but work was done by a kazeem.

* The car once overheated in 2019 , genuine gaskets where installed by a kazeem. I cannot remember if the water pump was changed.

I repent my sins, going forward I will not abuse the lion again. I love the car and Intend to restore it gradually to how it was in 2008, or at least the best it could be at its age. We shall start from under the bonnet, gradually progressing to aesthetics. The progress will be posted here .

This thread has been of tremendous help to me , but more help and input is needed from knowledgeable and experienced persons here.

My lion has the following issues under the bonnet :

ENGINE :

* Exhausts white smoke (burning oil):
I suspect this problem was caused by the quality of work done by the Kazeem who replaced the damaged cylinder valves.

All the Kazeems suggested I buy a tokunbo engine ! I don't want to buy a tokunbo engine because :

* It will come with unknown history.
* It will most likely have a higher mileage than mine.
* This thread has shown me that most tokunbo engines are refurbished Nigeria used.

During the course of my research , I discovered that smoky exhaust fumes may be caused by three things:

* Worn piston rings,
* Leaking valves/seals
* Burnt gaskets.

In order to isolate the cause, one needs to carry out a compression test. I asked around for a place to get the test done in Lagos , but found none! This forced me to buy the compression test kit. I learnt how to conduct the test on YouTube, however because I am not experienced in practice,I sought the help of some Kazeems to disconnect the fuel and ignition, so that I can carry out the test myself, but they all refused.

I contacted PAN in Kaduna and asked them to recommend a mechanic I could use in Lagos. They introduced me to Mr Goke whose workshop is located at a military premises in Yaba. When I went to him, he was also not keen on carrying out the compression test. He used his phone to scan the car and told me there was a problem with two of the cylinders, He further mentioned that the engine sounds okay when revved.His diagnosis was bad piston rings. The following parts will be needed to fix the problem:

1. Piston rings
2. Valve seal
3. Sleeve packing
4. Cylinder head gasket

From the list, He has basically covered all the possible causes of burning oil. What do you guys think? Should I go ahead ? What are the chances of success considering the car's history? What is a reasonable labour cost for this kind of work? Has anyone here used the services of Mr Goke ?

Perusing this thread and one of Ikenna's videos, I have learnt that :

* Cooling system abuse ( which I am guilty of)
* Overheating ( happened in 2019)

Can cause structural damage to cylinders, pistons and connecting rods . Is there a way of testing to determine if mine is damaged?

Hello please, can you help with the number of Mr Goke. I need a peugeot expert in Lagos urgently please
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by Samueljohnny449: 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2023
kingreign:

Scan and post codes here we will advise you on what to do

I have already scanned the car and the result reveal that pressure control solenoid stuck off
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by kingreign(m): 6:22am On Nov 01, 2023
Samueljohnny449:

I have already scanned the car and the result reveal that pressure control solenoid stuck off
Which of the pressure control solenoid is stuck off?

Pls, give me a valid data to work with. Just the code is okay for me, I don't need more.

1 Like

Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AutoConsult: 1:57pm On Nov 01, 2023
kingreign:

Stop derailing this thread
😂😂
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by overdrive(m): 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2023
TeamXola:

Thank you

Did you eventually change to manual gear box. I am passing thru this same issues but mine is Passat 1.8 v6.
I was told to convert to manual gear.
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2023
olaboyeh:

this isn't a strange situation with that 06 civic... that belt showed me pepper. one of the cars to scared me with honda. change adjuster sha.. and buy original belt.. it'd last longer
Hello brother good evening. Please since June I have been battling with belt issues. I have bought more than 15 belts. I have changed adjuster more than 3 times.

Recently I was told that the belt I was using was too short I should get 2150 and also the way the belt was aligned was wrong.

I got size 2150 and used the recommended alignment pattern still the belt still cut.

Mechanic have checked all the rollers nothing is wrong with the rollers.

Please how were you able to overcome this problem?
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by TeamXola(m): 8:19pm On Nov 02, 2023
overdrive:

Did you eventually change to manual gear box. I am passing thru this same issues but mine is Passat 1.8 v6.
I was told to convert to manual gear.

I did not change to manual gear o. Conversion is around 200k now. If you are in ilorin, I can take you to where I repaired mine for 20k only.

You will pay me consultation fee ooo. 😀
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by olaboyeh(m): 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2023
AbelAbdul:
Hello brother good evening. Please since June I have been battling with belt issues. I have bought more than 15 belts. I have changed adjuster more than 3 times.

Recently I was told that the belt I was using was too short I should get 2150 and also the way the belt was aligned was wrong.

I got size 2150 and used the recommended alignment pattern still the belt still cut.

so sorry
unfortunately na the problem overcome me o.. i no overcome am...
sold the car eventually

but try buy tokunbo belt
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by mayor2013: 11:44pm On Nov 02, 2023
AbelAbdul:

What brand/year of vehicle is this. Engine size too
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 7:11am On Nov 03, 2023
mayor2013:

What brand/year of vehicle is this. Engine size too
Honda Civic 06
Re: Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them by AbelAbdul: 7:12am On Nov 03, 2023
olaboyeh:

so sorry
unfortunately na the problem overcome me o.. i no overcome am...
sold the car eventually

but try buy tokunbo belt
ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (129) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.