Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,306 members, 7,829,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader (9589 Views)

Queen Elizabeth II: World Leaders Pay Tribute To Uk's Longest-serving Monarch / Former USSR President, Mikhail Gorbachev Dies At 91 / Shinzo Abe: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To Slain Japan ex-PM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by CheapHomes1: 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hanibbal:
So aboki knows Gorbachev

How? Did you see buharis name there?
Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by Johndrame1: 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2022
Jagaban no send anybody jare
Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by IbomFinest: 5:05pm On Aug 31, 2022
xpressionx:
Buhari right now,who is he,is he from western Germany?
Man is in shock grin grin
Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by elmagnifico411(m): 5:07pm On Aug 31, 2022
Make we no dey lie to ourselves, BUBU no sabi d man at all! Person wey no sabi wetin dey sup for him own country..
Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by EmiDon11: 5:45pm On Aug 31, 2022
Buhari must have promised the family that they wont run out of nigerian cows...

Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by Abujason: 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2022
Another reason for Buhari to fly away from all the mess he has created in Nigeria. Just watch!
The only foreign trip opportunity he won’t go to is the one that he is unaware of.
Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by Mccullum: 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2022
Many Russians doesn't like him because of his failure to manage internal problem of USSR

and he was pro western countries president, he was used to disintegrate Soviet Union by the West,

the same communism he was brain washed by President Reagan at that period to abandoned, still useful for

China up till date and making their country greater in current international politics.

2 Likes

Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by FrauleinBlossom(f): 6:56pm On Aug 31, 2022
A great leader. Will always be remember. Fare thee well, strong man of Russia!

Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by techWriter3: 7:14pm On Aug 31, 2022
politicians right now,who is he,is he from western Germany
Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by Biletaste(m): 8:37pm On Aug 31, 2022
Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by Biletaste(m): 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2022
I duff my hat

1 Like

Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by Spandau: 9:53pm On Aug 31, 2022
Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by Spandau: 9:53pm On Aug 31, 2022
Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by armyofone(m): 4:47am On Sep 01, 2022
Peaceful guy. Rest in peace!
Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by Munzy14(m): 5:15am On Sep 01, 2022
MS Gorbachev A great man.

Same as tricky Boris Yeltsin.
Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by saintadeola: 5:48am On Sep 01, 2022
Foolish people,he is a Russian,I tut they hate all Russians
Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by mysticwarrior(m): 7:53am On Sep 01, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Did you see buharis name there? As usual and as I expected, it was Garba Shehu that wrote it. Its possible that buhari didn't even know who Gorbachev was.
haba na, buhari was the Nigerian military head of state in 1985 and that same year Gorbachev was the soviet leader, it's not possible for buhari not to know who Gorbachev was.
Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by CheapHomes1: 12:16pm On Sep 01, 2022
mysticwarrior:
haba na, buhari was the Nigerian military head of state in 1985 and that same year Gorbachev was the soviet leader, it's not possible for buhari not to know who Gorbachev was.

Do you remember when buhari met Angela Merkel and he called her the chancellor of west Germany?

2 Likes

Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by mysticwarrior(m): 5:38pm On Sep 01, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Do you remember when buhari met Angela Merkel and he called her the chancellor of west Germany?
lol I remember, he might be suffering from dementia.
Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by AlphaTaikun: 6:40pm On Sep 01, 2022
Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by mysticwarrior(m): 7:36pm On Sep 01, 2022
AlphaTaikun:

Mikhail Gorbachev was legendary.

I'll always remember him for encouraging the introduction of a multi-party system into the defunct USSR. A major turning point in world history.

#Respect
his administration also promoted PERESTROIKA "the policy or practice of restructuring or reforming the soviet economic and political system" and Glasnost "Public freedom of expression.

Gen Ibrahim Babangida the first and only military president of Nigeria, tried to copy and institutionalized the soviet policy of perestroika when he introduced SAP (structural adjustment program) back in the 80s, and it was a huge setback to the Nigerian economy because of lack of proper planning and ineffective execution.

I know you were a full grown adult in the 80s and I believe you must be familiar with this..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mikhail Gorbachev: Buhari, World Leaders Pay Tribute To ex-Soviet Leader by AlphaTaikun: 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2022
mysticwarrior:
his administration also promoted PERESTROIKA "the policy or practice of restructuring or reforming the soviet economic and political system" and Glasnost "Public freedom of expression.

Gen Ibrahim Babangida the first and only military president of Nigeria, tried to copy and institutionalized the soviet policy of perestroika when he introduced SAP (structural adjustment program) back in the 80s, and it was a huge setback to the Nigerian economy because of lack of proper planning and ineffective execution.

I know you were a full grown adult in the 80s and I believe you must be familiar with this..
@mysticwarrior, how's it going?

Absolutely, Glasnost and Perestroika sounded very cool to pronounce back then... Lol. That Gorbachev mystique was very evident.

IBB and his goons played mind games with Nigerians by making the SAP issue a public debate and all of a sudden, SAP was implemented without tailoring the program to international standards. SAP laid the foundation for the rapid destruction of Nigeria and led to a surge in foreigners or expats who worked in Nigerian public Universities and other educational institutions to leave from 1986 onwards.

=> https://guardian.ng/saturday-magazine/just-human/sap-gave-nigeria-richest-african-but-turned-nation-to-poverty-capital/

I'm sorry for those ignorant younger ones have been calling for a return to military rule 'cause they seem not to realise that the military goons destroyed Nigeria and this also led to the exodus of a huge number of Nigerians to Europe and America for economic reasons and not for studies or summer holidays.

All the best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bad Governance, Corruption Responsible For Coups In Africa — US Army Chief / "Fossil Fuels May Prevent Sexual Assault" - US Energy Minister / Queen Elizabeth Ii Husband Accidentally Flashes joystick(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.