Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,205 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Nigeria's Economic And Financial Future Within The Next Ten Years - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria's Economic And Financial Future Within The Next Ten Years (1415 Views)

Ifeanyi Ubah Releases Full Masterplan for Nigeria’s Economic/Financial Intervent / Oil Price Slump: Nigeria’s Economic Outlook Remains Difficult – World Bank / Economic And Feasibility Of Packaged Dressed Chicken Production In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Economic And Financial Future Within The Next Ten Years by Peterwins(m): 1:12pm On Aug 09, 2011
With the current economic and financial challenges facing Nigeria as a country, I believe the following will take place (some already taking place) in Nigeria within the next ten years:
1. Continuous weak Naira against major foreign currencies.
2. IMF / World Bank Bailout.
3. Redenomination of the Naira inevitable.
4. Continuous Two-Digit inflation.
5. Downsizing / Rightsizing of the Federal and State Civil Service.

With the past and current mismanagement of our oil and gas resources amidst high crude oil prices, our economy remains very precarious to the impending drop in crude oil prices as a result of the following:
1. Increase in the use of renewable energy resources.
2. Discovery of new oil fields in international waters juxtaposed against decrease in world oil recoverable oil reserves.
3. Global slow pace of economic recovery.

Please kindly state your own forecast for Nigeria's economic and financial future within the next ten (10) years.
Re: Nigeria's Economic And Financial Future Within The Next Ten Years by Peterwins(m): 1:25pm On Aug 09, 2011
As a result of the foregoing I believe the exchange rate of the Naira against the USD will get to about =N=200 by 2014 and crude oil price might hover around USD 50 per barrel without any major war or conflict in the middle east. Hence, the country might turn to the IMF / World Bank to finance her deficit budget by that time.
Re: Nigeria's Economic And Financial Future Within The Next Ten Years by Gerrard59(m): 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
Y
Re: Nigeria's Economic And Financial Future Within The Next Ten Years by Gerrard59(m): 1:49pm On Aug 19, 2013
Oga Peterwins, any feed back?
Re: Nigeria's Economic And Financial Future Within The Next Ten Years by Peterwins(m): 8:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
Peterwins:
As a result of the foregoing I believe the exchange rate of the Naira against the USD will get to about =N=200 by 2014 and crude oil price might hover around USD 50 per barrel without any major war or conflict in the middle east. Hence, the country might turn to the IMF / World Bank to finance her deficit budget by that time.

I made a close call (forecast) about three (3) years ago (2011) concerning the present state of crude oil prices and US dollar exchange rates to the Naira. The country (Nigeria) needs to wean itself from crude oil. We cannot continue to be a mono-economy where over 75% of our national income and about 95% of our foreign exchange receipts comes from crude oil sales.

(1) (Reply)

Need Someone In Cotonou Benin Republic / Random Yang - The Simple And Uncomplicated Way Of Making Money In Binary Market / Please What Should I Do To This Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.