Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,053 members, 7,828,704 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria (42935 Views)

Pictures Of Construction Projects In Nnsukka Town / Senator Dino Melaye's Convoy Blocked While Commissioning Projects In Kogi (Photo / Some Ongoing Island Projects In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by ufotty2001: 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2022
Sammy07:

2nd Niger Bridge and Trans 7 are in what region?
Mumu... Is 2nd niger bridge in South South? Trans 7 is LNG project not FG
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by modsfucker: 12:13pm On Sep 02, 2022
Abilistic:
...... And 2nd Niger Bridge, the only project in South East and South South region is the only one TOLLED!

....... So only Southern roads are tolled, while more expensive roads projects in the north are not.

Let's keep enjoying one niijerria while it lasts!

Is Lagos-Ibadan tolled?
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by Bsport31: 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2022
I love the train ow
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by ExtremeDot: 12:18pm On Sep 02, 2022
Coldie:
So Abuja Kaduna Kano road project is more expensive than second Niger bridge but they said they had to toll second Niger bridge cause there was no money to build it. There’s no money to build it but there’s money to build a more expensive road somewhere else

This is a very smart observation.

Onitsha is a commercial city.
The amount of money circulating around the Onitsha axis every business day cannot be ignored.

A lot of business persons and business vehicles move along that road every single business day.

Our leaders cannot take their eyes away from that goldmine.
So, to take that advantage, they will always find an excuse.

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by PeterObi4LP: 12:18pm On Sep 02, 2022
Babaken:
lower your voice before they call you IPOB.

Hahahahaha you don Sabi this urchins. Even if you're from SW and support SE, you are Ibo and Ipob
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by 9japride(m): 12:18pm On Sep 02, 2022
OP is seems you like mischief and propaganda. You left the second Niger bridge in naira just to deceive uninformed people. Why didn't you put it in dollars? You guys are just a funny set of people.
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by dododawa1: 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2022
hammer567:

HOW MANY PROJECT DID YOU SEE IN SS REGION? NONE

2ND NIGER BRIDGE WAS STARTED BY GEJ, AND COMPLETED UNDER BUHARI WATCH.

IT WAS ONE OF THE MANY BLESSING OF GEJ TO THE SE ZONE, NEVER BUHARI.

SO DEAD THAT NARRATIVE FOR IDIOTS, LIKE YOU.

BUHARI IS BUILDING TRAIN AND PIPELINE TO MOVE PEOPLE OIL AND GAS TO KADUNA AND KANO BECAUSE OF THE ACCIDENT OF NIGERIA.

WE ARE WATCHING AND YOU WILL HEAR FROM US IN LITTLE UNDER 6 MONTHS FROM NOW.
oga calm down,SE did not voted for APC,
Yet doing massive projects there, Google it.
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by CoolAmbience(m): 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2022
khadaffi:

Where again is the second Niger Bridge located?

You dey mind am?

Common read and understand....e no fit.
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by hammer567: 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2022
dododawa1:

NO LET VAWULENCE LOCATE YOU THIS HOT AFTERNOON.

WHICH PROJECT?

POST ONE.

Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by nesphil(m): 12:22pm On Sep 02, 2022
The sad thing is that none of these projects is located nor passes through the state that produces the highest barrels and tons of gases in this country, I'm talking about Akwa Ibom State.

The marginalization is alarming undecided

Every single infrastructure in Akwa Ibom State is built by the state government after some uninformed haters will come to the Akwa Ibom thread and spew trash.

Federal Government has completely marginalized the state that produces over 35% of Nigeria's foreign exchange earner, but that state still keeps cool and concentrates on developing itself.

imagine the federal government promoting and prioritizing Leeki Deep Seaport and not doing so to the Ibom Deep Seaport too even when Lagos has two already existing seaports.
Their bias is very obvious.

kporakpo:
The attention to public infrastructure has been on the rise in the last 10years

Nigeria has pumped no less than $42 billion to address it infrastructural challenges. This is the highest amount spent on projects embarked upon in just about a decade and since the country’s existence.

Approximately half of the bulk of financing came from the government through initiative such as loans, tax credit schemes, bonds etc. and the other half from private investments.

These spending are also been split into different sectors with refinery, rail and roads taking the lead in the amount of money consumed so far.
The goal of the video below is to critically analyze every major piece of infrastructure embarked upon between 2012 and 2022 and comprehensively distinguishing between them their cost of constructions and current status.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAMiN8QvaIU

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by Abilistic(m): 12:23pm On Sep 02, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Lol. I thought this time you'll say that Ghana has no toll gate. Mumu.

Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by bewla(m): 12:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
Brainmytool:
Am i the only one noticing that there is no notable project construction ongoing in the South East and South South.
Nlng project and 2nd Niger bridge na Ibadan them they abi
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by Parachoko: 12:25pm On Sep 02, 2022
masui:

You can see it clearly. The same way they rotate power among the two regions.

Imagine a region that contribute most to the national treasury, nothing to show for. When we raise voice, they will say hold your governors

responsible. Shebi na state government dey finance these listed projects? Calabar-Itu federal highway has been in complete comatose for years

now, no show. Link railway to these two states na wahala

One Nigeria indeed
Jonathan should be learning from Buhari. Jonathan can't point at any meaningful infrastructure he constructed in the South South while he was in power.
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by hammer567: 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2022
I DEY CARRY CUTLASS, JEHOVAH DEY BY MY SIDE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efy_VqcPrRk

Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by dododawa1: 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2022
hammer567:

WHICH PROJECT?

POST ONE.
One of the FG’s #SukukBond Road projects is the Enugu—Port Harcourt Expressway (Sections 1–4)

Here are photos of Section 1: Lokpanta—Umuahia Tower, under rehabilitation.

The #SukukBond is a N100 billion bond raised by the Buhari Administration for 25 critical roads across the 6 geopolitical zones of Nigeria, in 2017. (Each Zone got 16.67 billion Naira from the bond)

Source: https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by 9japride(m): 12:27pm On Sep 02, 2022
kporakpo:

the 2nd Niger bridge is in the south east

the region truly marginalized is the north east
[color=#006600][/color]

Why didn't you state the dam projects in the north plus other infrastructures? You guys just love petty propaganda. You keep disturbing people with second Niger bridge just to deviate people's attention from numerous projects going on up north. Continue.

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by shortIGBOman: 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2022
Brainmytool:
Am i the only one noticing that there is no notable project construction ongoing in the South East and South South.

South EAST is not safe, that's why. Too much crimes in that Region. Even the Devil himself dey fear that Region. grin

3 Likes

Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by dododawa1: 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2022
hammer567:

WHICH PROJECT?

POST ONE.
HOpen d vavulence coming back to you,have posted one.
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by Electorate: 12:28pm On Sep 02, 2022
Brainmytool:

Tribalism has destroyed your thinking faculty to the point it is now affecting your reading ability, or you now have issues with your sight,.. scroll up again and read where all those projects are located, maybe just maybe you will be able to see the one located in the South East and the South South... nonsense and ingredient.

Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by valETA1(m): 12:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
Brainmytool:

No be only u oga, i notice am too, i dey boil sef.. one naija kee dm there, las las na our oyel moni suffa am. If i talk wetin dey my mind now, dem go say....

Imagine mega projects like that, later dem go say we get NDDC, then i'll ask, whats budget for NDDC that governs 9 SS states, as compared to those projects.

Na still this same pple dey deprive or derail and delay our efforts towards having the deepest and best seaport down South, So as not bring an end to Lagos. But be shouting Lagos is overcrowded and strangers aren't welcome anymore.

The worst is our only agitators don collect 4Billi contract, without noticing its a payment for them to sh*t d f**k up.

As if we no dey Nigeria, if not for the determination some visionary leader's even though still corrupt, we have down here, with taste for dev. by now, here would av been a zoo, but thank goodness is not, all thanks to our state gov, without FG's intervention.

If sm1 like me happens to rule my state, i wont bail out FG with any, i mean none of my infractures when the need arises, just like what we c between Catalonia(Barcelona) and Spain. Since this country is live alone dye alone.

I cant point to any dev. Sponsored by d FG at this region, nothing, even the federal roads are in total delapidations and in complete mess, and moreso an eyesore as compared to the beauty our state built roads has.

Too bad same keeps happening in all administrations of the FG.

What a Shame.
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by 9japride(m): 12:30pm On Sep 02, 2022
dododawa1:
[color=#006600][/color]

Who owns the money? Have you asked yourself why the federal government is putting too much attention in Imo state? Imo state has oil and gas just for your information.
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by Jonegonu: 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2022
Brainmytool:
NLNG IS LOCATED WHERE AND THE SECOND NIGER BRIDGE
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by Ikamandoncome: 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2022
Biaflaa or death,,,, shuku Alabama will destroy the zoo.
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by Ikamandoncome: 12:33pm On Sep 02, 2022
shortIGBOman:

South EAST is not safe, that's why. Too much crimes in that Region. Even the Devil himself dey fear that Region. grin

Be careful with your words be warned.............. Biaflaa or death.
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by GeneralDae: 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2022
ufotty2001:

Mumu... Is 2nd niger bridge in South South? Trans 7 is LNG project not FG
LNG is owned by who again? NNPC owns about 50% of LNG.
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by shortIGBOman: 12:37pm On Sep 02, 2022
Ikamandoncome:

Be careful with your words be warned.............. Biaflaa or death.

May your wishes come through. Cause the North will never give Biafra their independence. grin

Abeg use the soft drink below. grin grin

Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by Ikamandoncome: 12:40pm On Sep 02, 2022
shortIGBOman:

May your wishes come through. Cause the North will never give Biafra their independence. grin

Abeg use the soft drink below. grin grin

Watch and see our ESN men will soon invade Abuja and set our supleme monkey free(plophet lamidi kanu)......Shuku okike Alabama will destroy this zoo........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by GeneralDae: 12:41pm On Sep 02, 2022
nesphil:
The sad thing is that none of these projects is located nor passes through the state that produces the highest barrels and tons of gases in this country, I'm talking about Akwa Ibom State.

The marginalization is alarming undecided

Every single infrastructure in Akwa Ibom State is built by the state government after some uninformed haters will come to the Akwa Ibom thread and spew trash.

Federal Government has completely marginalized the state that produces over 35% of Nigeria's foreign exchange earner, but that state still keeps cool and concentrates on developing itself.

imagine the federal government promoting and prioritizing Leeki Deep Seaport and not doing so to the Ibom Deep Seaport too even when Lagos has two already existing seaports.
Their bias is very obvious.

Ibom deep seaport was to be privatized and worked on by BUA. Your AkwaIbom people are stalling the project over land brouhaha.
Same thing happened with Ondo and the Dangote refinery. Land issues/ compensation brouhaha.
Such things hardly happen in Lagos, that's why Lagos attracts investments. Nor be everything be marginalisation, sometimes our people have to look inwards and ask themselves critical questions.
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by GeneralDae: 12:45pm On Sep 02, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Why didn't you state the dam projects in the north plus other infrastructures? You guys just love petty propaganda. You keep disturbing people with second Niger bridge just to deviate people's attention from numerous projects going on up north. Continue.
So the dam project should be in the South? If the dam project in the North works, would it supply electricity to just the North or the entire country? The Kainji dam (our main source of power till today), does it supply electricity to only the North?
Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by Niceguyfirm: 12:45pm On Sep 02, 2022
Indirectly the south easterners built the bridge not the government of Nigeria that will at the end be making profit after recouping the money used in the construction while the Kano Kaduna highway with higher construction cost was not tolled. Injustice and nepotism make a country not move forward.

1 Like

Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by shortIGBOman: 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2022
Ikamandoncome:

Watch and see our ESN men will soon invade Abuja and set our supleme monkey free(plophet lamidi kanu)......Shuku okike Alabama will destroy this zoo........

Kikikikikikikikikikikiki na our female Gallant Soldiers go deal with them grin

Re: The Top 10 Most Expensive Construction Projects In Nigeria by Ikamandoncome: 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2022
shortIGBOman:

Kikikikikikikikikikikiki grin

Be laughing,UGM will visit you soon.

Biaflaa or death.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose & Peter Obi Campaign At Ekiti Market, Hailed By People (Photos) / Tinubu Attend Jumat Prayer In Abuja Alongside Sultan Of Sokoto / AbdulHakeem: Appointed Board Chairman By Buhari In May, Sacked By Tinubu In June

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.