Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) (67882 Views)

Why Do Married Men Lie That They Are Single Just To Be Sleeping With Ladies / Dating: Why Do Teens Lie About Their Age So As Not To Be Seen As A Minor? / Why Poor Men Lie To Get Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Candycrushy(f): 7:17am On Sep 26, 2022
Scamupdates:
well it depend on the type of partner you have. i use to date a girl about a year ago, she must never know i have any amonth on me everyday is billing. honestly if i know you as a lady and there is nothing between us if u ask me for funds i will give but trying to use the word relationship as a way to get funds from me i woun't give. but that do not mean not to be honest with your partner.
Confused being
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by iscom(m): 7:21am On Sep 26, 2022
I don't support the idea

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by membranus: 7:22am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:
Oh no that is actually unfair, Nah I can't have the money and watch my kid stay at home because of school fees, I will pay and collect the money from the father later on.

Why do you need to collect the money from the father again after you have paid it? Are you not suppose to be his helpmate in financial matter?
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by omoadeleye(m): 7:22am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:
Actually most people are guilty of lying to their Lovers and partners about the actual amount they earn from their salary.

I believe most partners especially the Men have a reason for doing it, I think this can cause disunity and lack of trust if the other partner finds out about the actual amount you earn! What are the reasons behind this lie?

I came across the screenshot below from my IG story while scrolling about this lady asking for advice on this issue!
Experienced Nairalanders should share reason for this secret abeg!

So because of another's person salary you want to break up abi?
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Corporate2020: 7:26am On Sep 26, 2022
Why do you want to know my Salary? Did I ask for your own? Is it your money? Ole Oloshi Ologogoro

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by shantti(m): 7:27am On Sep 26, 2022
blingxx:

Only my mom knows how much I really earn Sha , she's the only woman in my life I trust 100%

Me too
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Favvybillionz(m): 7:32am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:
Why won't I collect the money, it is my personal money!
And you expect the man to be honest with his income right cool
You spend his together but yours is only for yourself, so pathetic cry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by henrijin: 7:35am On Sep 26, 2022
We wey our wives see our offer letter. Na so dem go dey ask person how you take spend your salary when na dem dey consume the money. Na the last e don know for any of my earnings. If salary increase, she no go know shishi. do what works for you sha.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by henrijin: 7:39am On Sep 26, 2022
Imagine ordinary interview wey I go. Tell madam how much I bill them. Madam say instead make we change apartments (this is what we wanted to do all this while o), she say make I build house. I never get the job o.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Owologbo(m): 7:40am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:
Why won't I collect the money, it is my personal money!

This is the problem with most ladies.
The man money belongs to the family why yours is your personal money.
But you are supposed to be a helpmate/support for the man.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Bimpe29: 7:42am On Sep 26, 2022
Some partner are not to be told the whole truth due to their overzealousness and/or lack of understanding for a rational collective financial management/policy.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by imagrg(m): 7:43am On Sep 26, 2022
If he tells you the truth, you will milk him dry.

Sharp guy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by correctyourself(m): 7:47am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:
Actually most people are guilty of lying to their Lovers and partners about the actual amount they earn from their salary.

I believe most partners especially the Men have a reason for doing it, I think this can cause disunity and lack of trust if the other partner finds out about the actual amount you earn! What are the reasons behind this lie?

I came across the screenshot below from my IG story while scrolling about this lady asking for advice on this issue!

I read the post, the lady should be the one that should not be trusted, because is like she actually wants to marry the guy because of his money.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Tayorshd2(m): 7:49am On Sep 26, 2022
Wawelexy:
The other gender are manipulative..... they want to know how you go about spending a dime and what you spend it on, as if they were there during the hustle and bustle..

Imagine you earning 150k, and you been faithful with her, trust me she will give you billing of 120k and still claim she's helping you to manage.... even to take care of yourself and siblings will be hard.

And these sets of creatures will have 2milli sitting in their account doing nothing and yet still spend your salary with you to the last penny claiming they re broke... but if God help you with a good one, she go just unexpectedly surprise you by lifting some of your burdens off your shoulder, might be kids school fee or rent, but only 10% of them can do that....

Thank u for this bro

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by SirJerrie(m): 7:50am On Sep 26, 2022
Wawelexy:
The other gender are manipulative..... they want to know how you go about spending a dime and what you spend it on, as if they were there during the hustle and bustle..

Imagine you earning 150k, and you been faithful with her, trust me she will give you billing of 120k and still claim she's helping you to manage.... even to take care of yourself and siblings will be hard.

And these sets of creatures will have 2milli sitting in their account doing nothing and yet still spend your salary with you to the last penny claiming they re broke... but if God help you with a good one, she go just unexpectedly surprise you by lifting some of your burdens off your shoulder, might be kids school fee or rent, but only 10% of them can do that....

Stop going through corners... CALL MY MAMA NAME DIRECTLY smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Laredojohn(m): 7:51am On Sep 26, 2022
Firstly madam are you truthful to him about your age, and other things around you? Also what do you need his salary for, provided he proofs capable to fend for the home,face your own work and business and leave whatever he earns alone
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Tayorshd2(m): 7:52am On Sep 26, 2022
Scamupdates:
i know a man just like a friend but way older than me. his problem started when he married this lady, i met the kid at home a day and i ask him why is he not in school and he said school fee. i had to call the man how far, the man explained. you will all feel sorry for him. his wife had the money but refuse to pay for almost 1week. the future of the son does not bother her

Probably because the wife knows the income of d husband and will ever blaimed himself for disclosing to her in d first place
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by tbambam: 7:52am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:

If your man can trust you with his fund, he will let you know how much he makes , but most ladies are pest and parasite , they will come every of your penny if they know you have , and when you get broke , they will shame you directly or indirectly with it..

I remember an akwaibom girl I dated, I did a lot for this babe, I went broke , she wasn't getting stuffs as she used to , suddenly she texted me that she doesn't know how much I make again that she did not think I could take care of her, I called the bastard and told her to delete my number off her phone.. madam still single now though after over 12 years..

The goods thing now is I found a good woman, interested in building a world with me, we share the same goal and resources .. I trust her with funds , though I keep intervention fund somewhere ..

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Solofresh2: 7:56am On Sep 26, 2022
I can't lie to my partner how much I earn. I am always the honest type when it comes to any issue.
Now, the thing is, it's left for me to give her the money she asked for.
If am never gonna give her I will not give her.If she wants to end the relationship because of that she is free to go.
The same thing apply should be applied to a marriage

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by opera1(m): 7:56am On Sep 26, 2022
Ready100:
As a man, the day you mistakenly tell your woman your income rate,,,,,, you are finished

Not so IF they both love themselves genuinely.
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Jacketaltrade: 7:57am On Sep 26, 2022
I can understand this family, its mutual. embarassed
Scamupdates:
i know a man just like a friend but way older than me. his problem started when he married this lady, i met the kid at home a day and i ask him why is he not in school and he said school fee. i had to call the man how far, the man explained. you will all feel sorry for him. his wife had the money but refuse to pay for almost 1week. the future of the son does not bother her
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Middleborn: 7:59am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:

Its not a red flag. Please love that man, he is a very cautious person and he doesnt want you guys to go begging in the middle of the month.
I do it with my girlfriend, only she hasnt found out and probably wont find out. The idea for him doing that is this: He wants to be able to call the shots when the money finishes. No man wants to be in that situation where his woman and himself are stranded without any help. He also has to do it because he's noticed that she's not as conservative as he would want her to be, especially considering his income, so he still wants to have some money left when she thinks its finished. That helps the situation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by mozona(m): 8:00am On Sep 26, 2022
you are not lucky he even told you he receive salary...

my wife dont even know how much i earn, my own be say make i take care of her and my children.

case close

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by equity1(m): 8:03am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:
Well, me collecting the money back from the father doesn't mean I don't love my son, there will be other aspect I will spend my money on him without asking for refund!
which other aspect ? You paid your son's school fees and you are asking for refund from your husband? Who does that. So your husband money is our money but yours is personal money. Please change this mentality.
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Hahjascho(m): 8:03am On Sep 26, 2022
Use your brain. Understand your partner.

Nevertheless, nobody won't feel entitled to such info. Even your close friends can feel entitled. You no longer have your freedom, your expenses and projects get monitored.
I also think some infos are supposed to be personal.

Above all, don't marry for the wrong reasons...get an ambitious partner you won't feel sceptical telling your finances.
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Corporate2020: 8:06am On Sep 26, 2022
anochuko01:
You really can't trust women when it comes to knowing your salary. My sisters and mom ask me this question and I'm never comfortable about it. Why would you like to know?! Whereas, my dad would only ask "hope the pay is okay", but women?! They'll want to know how much, so they can help you calculate how much you'll be giving them.

Btw, I believe spouses should know how much they earn. I'll never marry anyone who I'm not gonna feel comfortable telling how much I earn.

Upon all you wrote in your first paragraph, you still posted the second paragraph. You will never learn until you become a victim

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by ericmor: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2022
lawrenzooo:
Here is what my married friend told me "don't ever allow your wife know how much you are earning because if she knows she would keep demanding until she is sure you salary is finished".
That was his on personal experience. According to him he didn't tell his wife about subsequent promotions.

my aunt husband told me last yr that never let your wife know or see your account balance, cuz she will keep demanding till she's sure the money is finished

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Alibaba0: 8:10am On Sep 26, 2022
Islandlady:

Hm but I still think in a marriage partners should have mutual understandings about their earnings, projects and all instead of keeping most issues like a secret which could lead to breach of Trust!

Women are gluttons ,selfish and wicked when it comes to spending a man's money,whether boyfriend or Husband

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Ulforex: 8:14am On Sep 26, 2022
henrijin:
Imagine ordinary interview wey I go. Tell madam how much I bill them. Madam say instead make we change apartments (this is what we wanted to do all this while o), she say make I build house. I never get the job o.
grin
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by drfasam(m): 8:15am On Sep 26, 2022
Ready100:
As a man, the day you mistakenly tell your woman your income rate,,,,,, you are finished

Can you explain more
Re: Why Do Some Men Lie About Their Incomes & Salaries? (Screenshot) by Ulforex: 8:15am On Sep 26, 2022
never a good idea telling your woman or any, how much you earn. A paycheck is supposed to be personal and private. If the man decides to disclose it that is his decision. What's important is to know the day to day running expenses of the home. After all being together is a contractual agreement...Both parties are supposed to contribute and support the home finances together depending on the agreement.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Who Makes A Fortune Selling Crayfish In Abuja Recently Got Married(Photos) / Lady Beats Up Her Husband And His Side Chick After Catching Them. / This Is What A Desperate Single Lady Posted On A Facebook Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.