Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,785 members, 7,851,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:52 AM

President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England (13248 Views)

Buhari Mourns The Death Of General Attahiru Ibrahim, Others / Buhari Mourns The 3 UNIPORT Students, Directs More Intense Police Action / President Muhammadu Buhari Mourns General Abba Kyari’s Demise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by OvertheTop(m): 10:55am On Sep 09, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
RIP to her but is definitely not from my heart. Some people will say she wasn't there when slave trade was a thing then, but omo the blood of those bastards British monarchs runs in her vein. I no wan speak bad about d dead, but what the British Empire did to Africa and africans is unforgivable. The inhumanity was very barbaric. Using padlocks for person mouth so that he no go chop ur food, chains for necks and legs, and u dey still flog them. I'm sorry but some things are unforgivable.

Even the diamonds that were used to make her crown were stolen from Africa by the thieving British monarchy.

RIP to her undecided

This Is a Great Way to make a Point....without Wishing: Death by Excruciating pain! One has to Respect the Dead...
because We all will Die at some point
Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by onuman: 11:06am On Sep 09, 2022
OvertheTop:

This Is a Great Way to make a Point....without Wishing: Death by Excruciating pain! One has to Respect the Dead...
because We all will Die at some point

Wish of death with excruciating pain was a personal opinion.
But the manner some people of Tinubu-must-be-president carpet the whole Igbo race and Labour Party candidate, with the personal opinion of one Igbo, is pure politics of 2023 presidential election.
Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by BABANGBALI: 11:18am On Sep 09, 2022
Rest in peace mommy

Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by Emman08: 11:29am On Sep 09, 2022
If only he know how much celebration there'll be when he dies, he'll quickly fix up
Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by Judolisco(m): 11:30am On Sep 09, 2022
Kastonkastroll:
RIP to her but is definitely not from my heart. Some people will say she wasn't there when slave trade was a thing then, but omo the blood of those bastards British monarchs runs in her vein. I no wan speak bad about d dead, but what the British Empire did to Africa and africans is unforgivable. The inhumanity was very barbaric. Using padlocks for person mouth so that he no go chop ur food, chains for necks and legs, and u dey still flog them. I'm sorry but some things are unforgivable.

Even the diamonds that were used to make her crown were stolen from Africa by the thieving British monarchy.

RIP to her undecided
but some of your forefathers sold slaves now in fact na why most of u still dey 9ja bdat
Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by deeva2: 11:52am On Sep 09, 2022
Some people are waiting for bad news in Nigeria to use it to campaign against APC. They don't have any legacy to sell or achievements of their candidate. Bad news is now scarce in Nigeria.
All hail President Buhari.

Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by Hellonearth: 1:04pm On Sep 09, 2022
Dead man mournig a fellow dead
Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by Fejoku: 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2022
Kasssandra:

Well....Olaudah Equaino did state in his book that they were under Edo dominaiton...and he was an Igbo man from what is now Anioma. That was around the 18th century.

P.S : I am not here to mock Igbos or to call them weak. If that is your idea of my post, you are wrong.

P.S 2: Read my post again clearly. At the end, it matters not how resistant we were, we were at a disadvantage,whatever the tribe.

PS.3 The actual quote

That part of Africa known by the name of Guinea, to which the trade for slaves is carried on, extends along the coast above 3400 miles, from Senegal to Angola, and includes a variety of kindoms. Of these the most considerable is the kingdom of Benin, both as to extent and wealth, the richness and cultivation of the soil, the power of its king, and the number and warlike disposition of the inhabitants. It is situated nearly under the lines, and extends along the coast above 170 miles, but runs back into the interior part of Africa, to a distance hitherto, I believe, unexplored by any traveller; and seems only terminated at length by the empire of Abyssinia, near 1500 miles from its beginning. This kingdom is divided into many provinces or districts: in one of the most remote and fertile of which I was born, in the year 1745, situated in a charming fruitful vale, named Essaka

[url=https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Page%3AThe_Interesting_Narrative_of_the_Life_of_Olaudah_Equiano%2C_or_Gustavus_Vassa%2C_the_African.pdf/47]SAUCE[/url]
I do agree with you about your intention not being to mock Igbos. I responded to your post just to correct your perception of the history of the Western Igbos as at the time.

Now let me analyse Olaudah Equaino's reference to Benin in his autobiography which I have read. If you continue to read down after the excerpt you uploaded here, you'll see where he wrote that the influence of Benin must have been nominal because there was no visible authority on his town from Benin. They don't pay tax neither do they ever visit Benin for any state functions. He was very clear on that area. The time Equaino was writing about was in the 1730s when Benin's power was still very strong. The British came to exert their powers in the late 1800s which is a gap of 160years. It is recorded in history that Benin's might was on a steady decline from the late 1700s up to when Benin was sacked in 1897. Benin had no power or dominion over the Western Igbos in the 1800s.

Let me give you a breakdown of the Western Igbos to help you understand their history better so that you will know what to write in future. They are broadly categorized into three groups namely the Enuani, Ukwuani and Ika. Of the three, the Ikas are the closest and had most interaction with Benin. This is where Agbor is found. There is a record of a great migration in 1700s from Benin to Agbor by a Dutch explorer but he didn't mention that Agbor was a vassal. Today, a sizable fraction of Ikas bear Edoid names.
The Enuanis have a boundary with Edo state but not with the Bini. They share boundary with the Esans. One of the towns that claims to share history with Benin monarchy in that area is Isele-Ukwu. Their dialect, customs and names are though not impacted by Bini unlike those from Agbor. It's rare seeing Edoid names in Enuani.
The Ukwuanis are the ones located the furthest South among the three and clearly has very less of any Benin influence because they had a great King at a time in their history whose fame stretched from Idah to Brass on the Atlantic coast. His meeting with the British in the early 1800s specifically 1820s was well documented. He was the Lord of River Niger at that axis with big boats filled with soldiers that do his bidding. He was known as Eze Obi Ossai of Aboh. Benin was never known on the River Niger in recorded history. Although, the record suggests that before him, there seem to be no powerful monarch from that axis which may point to why Olaudah Equaino's book not making any reference to him. The most likely Olaudah could have been from if he was Western Igbo falls into this part of Igboland. There's a town called Ashaka in this territory.
It will interest you to know that of all the Western Igbos, only two towns had records of notable kings which are Agbor and Aboh. Most of the other towns didn't have a clear cut kingship. They mostly had leaders without the sort of powers kings of kingdoms possess to establish themselves on the people.
Benin's power must have been felt more on Agbor because of its proximity to Benin but they always rebelled. You can't use that to judge the entire Western Igbos. Bear in mind that Agbor is just one town out of over 18 towns that make up the Ika area and over 70 towns that comprise the Western Igbo territory. They have even more LGAs than the Bini people.
Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by Deji08: 2:55pm On Sep 09, 2022
DaInferno:
you made sense mehn. Unbiased, facts only. Learnt a few.

Are you a historian or something?

No sir, I'm just an avid reader of Africa history, particularly Nigeria history.

thanks.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by Spandau: 3:01pm On Sep 09, 2022
LordviccoDaGuru:

SOURCE

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02i3FABzZ6P9B76ZtqeTiFuBtWUXbDQkQWgn3sAZbKUCW7GoVcTcG6YpoHqAeqHUTKl&id=100011193364134&sfnsn=scwspwa

How does that translate to our progress? They are releasing press statement to mourn a dead English queen. He never mourned any non-Fulani Nigerian that got killed by his kinsmen and religious compatriots.
Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by Glead(m): 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2022
When there are major issue of concern in the country , he wouldn't make any comment or sent someone on his behave. Hypocrate !
But outside! He respond promptly.
The post is family heritage! Take note MR P.
Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by Sammy5413(m): 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2022
Shock absorber!!!

Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by Versal: 4:13pm On Sep 09, 2022
This guy should be paid off nah
Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by Omoteyi(m): 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Do they look like they need your forgiveness?hold your shit hole leaders for trading your souls.. cheesy
You keep complaining about what the British empire did even though your government have done worse.. but guess what!
Nigerians love wailing without doing anything to change the situation..

Don't you think you guys need to be recolonised by the British for the second time cos your leaders are incapable of running y'all affair properly without crying to the British and west..

Àtúnkútúnkú iya Chalie lọnà ọ̀run.

Àtúnkútúnkú Queen Elizabeth.

May her soul never know peace.

May the GODS of African never allow her soul to rest.

May the DEITY of African supplicate to the almighty God not allow her soul to rest in peace.

Awọn ajálé onílé bo tiwọn lori gbogbo

They dealt with Africa
They killed our fore fathers just because they (Europeans) want to survive.

Their fore fathers raped our women.

The ENSLAVED our fore fathers, GOD of Africa will judge....

They destroyed African SYSTEMS and force theirs on us.

They COLONIZED Africa as if we were not created by the same God, almighty God will judge them.

They turn us against ourselves for their personal good.

They destroyed our RELIGION and gave us theirs incompletely.

Queen Elizabeth was an agent of DESTRUCTION may her soul never rest peacefully.

Never TAG me to any useless consolation or celebration of WICKED.

Africa must be totally FREE.
Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by Wwwq: 4:48pm On Sep 09, 2022
For what
Re: President Buhari Mourns The Demise Of The Queen Of England by FERNANDEZISBACK: 4:55pm On Sep 09, 2022
Omoteyi:

Àtúnkútúnkú iya Chalie lọnà ọ̀run.

Àtúnkútúnkú Queen Elizabeth.

May her soul never know peace.

May the GODS of African never allow her soul to rest.

May the DEITY of African supplicate to the almighty God not allow her soul to rest in peace.

Awọn ajálé onílé bo tiwọn lori gbogbo

They dealt with Africa
They killed our fore fathers just because they (Europeans) want to survive.

Their fore fathers raped our women.

The ENSLAVED our fore fathers, GOD of Africa will judge....

They destroyed African SYSTEMS and force theirs on us.

They COLONIZED Africa as if we were not created by the same God, almighty God will judge them.

They turn us against ourselves for their personal good.

They destroyed our RELIGION and gave us theirs incompletely.

Queen Elizabeth was an agent of DESTRUCTION may her soul never rest peacefully.

Never TAG me to any useless consolation or celebration of WICKED.

Africa must be totally FREE.
Stop crying boy..you can't change nothing.. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu Directs Creation Of Youth Unemployment Benefits / DMO Has Exposed The Lies Of Edo Government — Ize-iyamu / NNPC Accuses Oando, MRS, Others Of Importing Adulterated Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.