Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,058 members, 7,838,690 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Ex Judge Advocates For Christian Courts In Nigeria: Like Sharia Courts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex Judge Advocates For Christian Courts In Nigeria: Like Sharia Courts (3258 Views)

Dele Momodu One Of The Advocates For The Change We Have Today, Makes A U Turn;.. / Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani / Chief Judge Advocates English Language Lessons For Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex Judge Advocates For Christian Courts In Nigeria: Like Sharia Courts by Outstrip(f): 6:11pm On Aug 11, 2011
well maybe this will make the idiots that allowed sharia in the first place realize that there is no place for it in a democracy. Christians also live in those predominantly muslim areas. Maybe muslims should then be forced to observe the sabath
Re: Ex Judge Advocates For Christian Courts In Nigeria: Like Sharia Courts by adedayo79: 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2011
@topic,not again.
Re: Ex Judge Advocates For Christian Courts In Nigeria: Like Sharia Courts by redsun(m): 7:23pm On Aug 11, 2011
A mortal can not be christian.It is a state where one give in to all that and become immortal.And no man can be immortal in this rat race called earth.There are no christians.

Islam on the other hand is the total opposite,in some ways some what realistic for the the crazy world we live in but short of dynamic reasoning,an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.
Re: Ex Judge Advocates For Christian Courts In Nigeria: Like Sharia Courts by isleman(m): 7:54am On Aug 12, 2011
Looking at it from the angle of trying to even sharia, it may seem reasonable but there is no point in it.

Christianity does not enforce or judge, that is government duty. Christianity simply preaches the gospel AND THAT IS ALL. Christianity is not politics, government or anything besides acknowledging GOD. whoever wants to drag anyone to court should do so in the high court to supreme court.

Please leave Christians out of this. I can settle scores without dragging my religion into it.

Regards
Re: Ex Judge Advocates For Christian Courts In Nigeria: Like Sharia Courts by agitator: 11:31am On Aug 12, 2011
ideylaff:

Naaa at all bro I know the man very well, he is of sound mind, rich enough to look after himself, has kids all in high places and doing very well.

He is also one of the very few left retired Judges with upright principles @ 77 years old

If u read between the lines u will deduce that all he his saying is that the Sharia people should thread softly and not over power/impose themselves over the rest of the citizens. Giving them a bait to see that we also have a way out but we are not doing it that awy.

Sometimes when an elder speaks they drop it like bullets but the wise words are inside the bullets.

Justice Onalaja is not loosing it, That I know

Ok. I understand that part perfectly.
Re: Ex Judge Advocates For Christian Courts In Nigeria: Like Sharia Courts by techJ: 11:42am On Aug 12, 2011
Do you all realise that the so-called Sharia was copied from the laws of Moses in the old testament. You all should go and read the Pentateuch (the first 5 books of Moses) thoroughly. Mohammed copied what was in the Bible. There was a time he (Mohammed) went to the Jew, was converted and learned the Laws of Moses and later went and secluded himself in mountain and claimed to have an encounter with an angel who revealed the Quran to him.

He made so many mistake about the history of the Hebrews (like Abraham's story and some other people in the Bible, who he claimed where the prophets of Allah) in the Quran simply because he was not literate and all narrated to his followers was from his memory and we all know that there is limit to what memory can remember when it comes to telling stories. Check the contents of sharia very well, you will know that it was all copied from the Bible.

There are so many pages that have been removed from the original copy of the Quran. For example, the controversy about the Three Daughters of Allah, etc. follow this link:

http://answering-islam.org/Shamoun/satanic_verses.htm

And yet he (Mohammed) claimed that God has no son and he talked about the three daughters of Allah.

Christ has said it that many false prophet shall arise and shall deceive many in the last days. John the divine was right when he also said that the the anti-christ where before amongst us but went out from us.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Ex Judge Advocates For Christian Courts In Nigeria: Like Sharia Courts by techJ: 12:09pm On Aug 12, 2011
My point is, Islam has been a lie right from its inception. First, they say it's a religion of peace and all we get from it is war, chaos and terrorism and then the people who practice it also seek to end the reign of "infidels" in a country where democracy is practiced.

Naaa at all bro I know the man very well, he is of sound mind, rich enough to look after himself, has kids all in high places and doing very well.

He is also one of the very few left retired Judges with upright principles @ 77 years old

If u read between the lines u will deduce that all he his saying is that the Sharia people should thread softly and not over power/impose themselves over the rest of the citizens. Giving them a bait to see that we also have a way out but we are not doing it that awy.

Sometimes when an elder speaks they drop it like bullets but the wise words are inside the bullets.

Justice Onalaja is not loosing it, That I know

This is true and correct. If we all decided to advocate for a court for each religion in the country and one seek to imposed it's law on the people of the other religion, then where is the democracy in the Nigeria.
Re: Ex Judge Advocates For Christian Courts In Nigeria: Like Sharia Courts by Agnesqueen(f): 11:27pm On Aug 14, 2011
Why is there even Sharia Courts, are we not from the same country? Why is there a special provision for a group within this country. Everyone coming to this country can tell that Nigeria is like two different countries in one North and South. No other law within this country should come above the law established by the lawmakers in the country, fix that first before creating another problem with a Christian Court.
Re: Ex Judge Advocates For Christian Courts In Nigeria: Like Sharia Courts by IG: 6:55am On Aug 15, 2011
Now I realize that many Nigerian christians are not actually anti-Islam but anti-religion. Imagine them insulting the elderly man for advocating for a christian church. The same thing happened with the christians and jews of Arabia during the time of Prophet Muhammad. They prefer not to be judged by their holy books but by laws they have written with their own hands. Just for the record, I think the man has the right to demand for a christian court. And for those wondering why we have sharia courts in a democracy I ask them to revisit our history. For more than a thousand years before the christian parts of Nigeria had christianity, we had an Islamic civilization in our part of the country. So asking us to drop that for Democracy is like asking a person to stop speaking his native tongue because we are in a democracy. I am not saying you have to like Muslims, but can't you live and let live? Nobody is forcing Shari'ah on non-Muslims. Not even in Shariah states. It's unislamic to do that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Charged For Abuja-area Bombings / Idanre Hill, Ondo (pictures) / Original From Achives ,buhari List Of Appointees While In Government.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.