Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,183 members, 7,811,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake (41309 Views)

Dele Alake: Tinubu Showed The Calibre Of His Team / The Dangers Of Tinubu’s Wealth Without Enterprise By Reno Omokri / The Dangers Of Tinubu’s Wealth Without Enterprise - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by dre11(m): 7:58am On Sep 12, 2022
Dele Alake, director of strategic communication in the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign council, says Bola Tinubu, the party’s flagbearer, made his money from buying stocks in blue chip companies.

Alake spoke on Sunday during an interview on Channels Television.

Ahead of the 2023 elections, the source of Tinubu’s wealth has again come under scrutiny.

Commenting on the matter, Alake said the former Lagos governor was not a “pauper” before he become a senator in 1992.

I knew him to have been spending money ever before he got to office. In 1991, he was going into politics, he contested a senatorial election — Lagos west — and he won,” he said.

“Most Nigerians know that contesting elections in Nigeria is not a child’s play. Paupers don’t contest elections. How much more a senatorial election?

“He must be a man of some means. In fact, before then, he had been contributing to political organisations and causes before he took up the gauntlet and went into the senate.

“He polled the highest number of votes nationwide in that senatorial election of that year and became a senator in 1992.

“Fast forward to 1993, we started the June 12, he was in the Yar’Adua’s caucus — the Peoples Font — within SDP at that time. He was also funding. He was not a pauper.”

Alake said those questioning Tinubu’s source of wealth are expressing the “hatred” they have for the former Lagos governor.

What I know is that right from his days in the corporate world, he has been trading in stocks even in foreign currencies,” he added.

He has been buying stocks, bonds and all of that. I’m not a finance person. I’m not going to be interested in the nitty-gritty of it all.

But I know he has been trading in stocks. He was buying stocks of blue chip companies and all of that. He was making money and spending money. He has been doing all of these years before he got to office.

Why people are querying his source of wealth is because he had been a successful governor of Lagos and a successful politician even after office.

“He is about the only one of the class of 1999 who is at that enviable height, politically. He is bound to attract all of these negative comments.”

https://www.thecable.ng/dele-alake-tinubu-not-a-pauper-before-politics-he-made-money-from-buying-stocks/amp

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by Corridon: 7:59am On Sep 12, 2022
Another tale by moonlight. Same way they told us he is a major shareholder in Manchester united. Tinubu is a mysterious man that no one knows about his pasts.

385 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by madridguy(m): 8:05am On Sep 12, 2022
Have you contacted MAN UTD management to confirm the news ?

Corridon:
Another tale by moonlight. Same way they told us he is a major shareholder in Manchester united. Tinubu is a mysterious man that no one knows about his pasts.

46 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by SmartPolician: 8:08am On Sep 12, 2022
Someone shared on Nairaland that Tinubu made millions of dollars from serving as accountant of an oil major in the United States.

Tinubu supporters should have some decency coz some of us regulars on Nairaland work for American companies from our Nigerian homes and understand their pay structure.

Now, Dele Alake is saying that he trades stocks. Come on, this thing is just ridiculous!

329 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by Corridon: 8:09am On Sep 12, 2022
madridguy:

Yes and they denied it.

220 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by Andres28(m): 8:09am On Sep 12, 2022
Criminals defends criminals.not surprised.

362 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by Anigreat: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2022
shocked

Drugs is now stocks?

How can a Chicago drug pusher be a pauper? He used hisill gotten wealth to get his way to power even with his questionable character.

The Yorubas claimed to be sophisticated, but it's so surprising that a man with no primary school certificate, who nobody knew where he schooled, a pathological lying bastard, who lied about his age and name, can deceived
the so called sophisticateds and rule Lagos state for 8years?

Lol...the idiot thinks that Nigerians are foolish, myopic and shallowed like the sophisticated region hence he wants to used the same method. Someone should help me tell
him that he's simple foolish

441 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by BurialGround: 8:18am On Sep 12, 2022
madridguy:

We'll do that once his urinated clothes get dry grin grin grin

103 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by DamnnNiggarr: 8:20am On Sep 12, 2022
shocked

This man is really mysterious.
What type of man is this? He doesn't grant live interviews, he doesn't like revealing anything about himself, to the extent that his age is disputed,
Alma mater, disputed,
State or place of origin, disputed,
Real name, disputed,
Source of wealth, disputed. Almost all statements attributed to him were all made by his Media aides, not even a single statement, both on social media and outside of social media. One of his kinsmen had the temerity, without shame, to tell us that the mysterious man has been a million, paid his dues even when his opponent was still in college, he never knew that he shot himself on the leg and was indirectly telling the general public that his principal (the mysterious man) is an ancestor thereby clearing all doubts, isn't God wonderful?
This is not the type of president, I Mr damnnniggarr, my household and the likes of me would wish to lead over us because he will lead Nigeria in a mysterious way. Everyone struggling to be the president as if they're going there for the people.
Someone should please create a MysteriousMan Moniker in honor of the mysterious man.

140 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by madridguy(m): 8:24am On Sep 12, 2022
Can you screen shots their response?

Corridon:
Yes and they denied it.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by OXYZ: 8:25am On Sep 12, 2022
Around 1996,when I was a member of Justice Forum,Tinubu used to finance our activities despite being out of the country.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by CanineOfJackal: 8:26am On Sep 12, 2022
Tinubu is drug kingpin. QED.

369 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by Bontafa: 8:26am On Sep 12, 2022

378 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by CanineOfJackal: 8:28am On Sep 12, 2022
Tinubu will not win Feb elections and will be disgrace with his urchins

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by ChangetheChange: 8:33am On Sep 12, 2022
grin grin grin
Another confused clown with another Propaganda

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by princeade86(m): 8:33am On Sep 12, 2022
Stocks like coke abi

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by amanda2013(f): 8:34am On Sep 12, 2022
Lol ���� at this point, I don't envy Tinubu supporters I swear. It's not easy to defend Tinubu. I bet you, more of his shady deals will be exposed during campaign.... So I urge his supporters to get battle ready because the game is about to get messier

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by ChangetheChange: 8:34am On Sep 12, 2022
BurialGround:

We'll do that once his urinated clothes get dry grin grin grin
grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by Naijanascam: 8:36am On Sep 12, 2022
Everyone is trying very hard to market Baba but people are not buying cos of many distorted stories.......

382 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by Kagd10: 8:39am On Sep 12, 2022
We know.. I even learnt that he invested into apples back then, which is worth trillion dollars today.

When it comes to top investment. Leave it for Tinubu. That's his Field hence why he was able to float Lagos despite OBJ seizing Lagos allocation for several years. .

A first class graduate of business administration and accounting from Chicago university.

Also, His Legacies litter everywhere in Lagos, talk about his housing units, RRS, Eko Atlantic, LAMATA, millennium schools, LASTMA, gigantic LASU teaching hospitals, Lekki seaport, lekki trade zone, Lekki-ajah axis development, several general hospital and health centres, BRT etc and enormous increase in Lagos revenue despite Obasanjo seizing Lagos allocation for several years. His Legacies are scattered everywhere in Lagos unlike other candidates who don't have legacies at all.

Most importantly, Tinubu didn't rule anyone or their papa. He wasn't in any federal administration either. Sink that into your skull. Go hold your governor, senator and president.. Tinubu didn't rule you or your papa, I repeat! I don't understand the obsession..

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by OneCandleAway(f): 8:42am On Sep 12, 2022
Kagd10:
We know..

When it comes to top investment. Leave it for Tinubu. That's his Field hence why he was able to float Lagos despite OBJ seizing Lagos allocation for several years.

You won't stop this allocation lie.

That's why your Agbado master won't win. Too much lies.

386 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by Kagd10: 8:44am On Sep 12, 2022
OneCandleAway:

You won't stop this allocation lie.

That's why your Agbado master won't win. Too much lies.

Say the Yeye armchair saying gibberish from the comfort of his room as if he knew anything. Why don't you go tell your gibberish to Osinbajo who mentioned exactly the same thing recently which was how Obasanjo withheld Lagos allocation for several years? Is Osinbajo also lying? You dey mad?

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by michelz: 8:46am On Sep 12, 2022
This seemingly simple question of how Tinubu made his money has thrown many of his puppeteers into various wild conjectures...
The question still remains : how did Tinubu make his millions in dollars ( just for a second, ignoring the drug allegations against him) ?

Vote wisely.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by OneCandleAway(f): 8:48am On Sep 12, 2022
Kagd10:

Say the Yeye armchair saying gibberish from the comfort of his room as if he knew anything. Why don't you go tell your gibberish to Osinbajo who mentioned it recently? You dey mad?

You're the one running mad creating threads upandan on why the north wants to betray Tinubu after he gave them the northern Muslim VP they requested for.

Now hurry up and go change Tinubus diaper

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by Kagd10: 8:49am On Sep 12, 2022
OneCandleAway:

You're the one running mad creating threads upandan on why the north wants to betray Tinubu after he gave them the northern Muslim VP they requested for.

Now hurry up and go change Tinubus diaper

Creating thread? When did I create threads? You are really roaming and you've got no one to tell you. Tinubu is winning the SW, NC (who are tired of killer herdsmen) and major part of NE and even NW..

the South who does well for APC will take the senate President. Every progressive people who want a progressive country will align with Tinubu. No one care about your inconsequential tribalist Peter Obi, the Ipob miscreant without achievement in his Anambra state.

Meanwhile, what's the correlation? I bet you're embarrassed by your stupidityyyyy hence the stupid diversion from you.

Go and Change your father's diaper! Stop projecting your father for us.

Tinubu didn't rule you or your papa! He's not your Biafra man either, so what's with the obsession? What if Tinubu has a company? Don't other candidates have their business and companies? Did Tinubu rule you or your papa? No. Was he in any federal administration? No. So what's the wailing about? Na madness?

Rather you should go face your Peter Obi who did absolute nothing in Anambra except for investing state funds into his family business which he justified. He couldn't even grow his state revenue. Yeye dey smell.

Heck, Peter Obi should go vomit Nigeria's commonwealth he looted while he chaired Nigeria's electricity disco to his fellow cronies which is still affecting Nigeria today. it was Peter Obi who was in federal administration, not Tinubu. So what's with the obsession with Tinubu? You hatefilled tribalistic people dey mad or what?

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by Jide3847: 9:10am On Sep 12, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by Racoon(m): 9:10am On Sep 12, 2022
Yeah! Wealth from stolen monies in bullion vans.

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by fredoooooo: 9:10am On Sep 12, 2022
Oga Dele , you get time dey answer these ones. The worst dem go do is to shout and make noise grin grin cheesy

195 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake by Temptee101(m): 9:11am On Sep 12, 2022
lipsrsealed

I watched the interview, the guy struggled and sweated to defend tinubu but still couldn't.

At a point he lost his voice, he kept abusing, cursing and blaming the opposition. Even at some point, he blamed the media.

He claimed he knew the person of tinubu like the back of his palm but couldn't explain his source of wealth, kept shouting stock or was he able to unmask the druggies real identity.

He wasnt able to successfully answer not even one question about tinubu ranging from his real name, where he is from, source of wealth, owner of alpha-beta, companies he owned or had stake in, owner of oriental hotel, how fit tinubu is, age and health wise etc...

He couldn't answer any.

I now believe that defending tinubu is the hardest job on the planet right now and you can't try to do that without sounding so stewpid and foolish.

Tunubu is a bad product.

Nigerians be wise. This is not about tribe or sentiment

47 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier Graduates With Distinction At U.S. Army War College / Allen Onyema Honoured By House Of Representatives - Air Peace Boss Reacts / Details You Did Not Know About The Ekweremadu Case By Emeka Ugwuonye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.