Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,342 members, 7,829,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

How Much Have You Saved This Year? - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How Much Have You Saved This Year? (24154 Views)

Payment For This Year Neco Coordination / What's The Most Painful Loss You Have Had This Year 2020? / Want To Make At Least 50 Persons Millionaires This Year. Join Very Fast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Ketamine9000mg(m): 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2022
3verblazing:
Lost my job late last year, after 5years of working for the organization with close to no savings and a preg wife, Sapa wan ki me. Fast forward to now, I hv been able to save up $3000 in 8 months. Thanks to upwork and my self-thought Graphic design skill.

Smart move Sir.

1 Like

Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Ketamine9000mg(m): 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2022
baba4thegehs:
Earn close to 800k
Not married, but have 4 dependents.
Saved N6m and £2k this year alone

Biggest hack for me is living below my means and also investing 50% of my earnings.
Currently living in a 450k per annum mini flat on the mainland, drive a simple Honda accord. If you want to save and grow your wealth stop keeping up with the joneses and chasing women for the unmarried folks

Peace

Thanks Chief
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Ketamine9000mg(m): 12:23pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ayodele951:
Have been able to save 600k from my 200k job with a wife and kid

Wow! What's your strategy sir?

1 Like

Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Ketamine9000mg(m): 12:26pm On Sep 14, 2022
smogia1994:
Earning 104k saved nothing since jan but the loan I have on my bank app is more than 350k and my rent will expire Nov.
I'm not in my right state of mind now.
My prayer for everyone is we won't see problems ijn and we won't encounter one, my brother and sister I prob come all those your so called savings will be gone.
Now the thing is not that I don't save ooh I do I'm an advocate of savings, I have abt 1.1m by Feb. But the prob came wen btc came down and serious family problem wic I have to sort. Omo ehn by April I just have to resort to borrowing from bank app wic is my faith and I'm indebted in much debt. House rent for my family of 4. Me my wife and children is 500k per year, a one bed room self cont. I wld have gone for a much cheaper but in this Abuja accommodation is really expensive. I pray God sort out this hard time amen �

Life is not easy at all my brother. May you have the mental stress to scale through the tough time.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Dirpetaner: 12:27pm On Sep 14, 2022
Bros,
I am on the same ship.....I looked for answers but no way.....I am 27yrs old single and have a job of 120k/month...bros since a year the savings are so minute and I can't even think of what is taking the money away...I do work as a web designer too but all just.....I need to leave this country...
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by kenearth50(m): 12:35pm On Sep 14, 2022
emmyluizzz:
139k presently

my salary is 38k and I don't pay transport to work since I stay where I work and they feed me 3times a day...

Which work is that and where's the work location
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by anuofGod(f): 12:36pm On Sep 14, 2022
I can't even save my life, na God dey help me save am.
I have plans for saving money though, but I still need to stock up and buy more fabrics to sell.
So for now, it's trying to feed while avoiding spending the money from the sales of fabrics

2 Likes

Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by DamiAyo17(f): 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2022
I couldn't get a job since I moved to Abuja from Lagos, I decided to learn tailoring but I don't av a machine yet, so I don't make much there.. I decided to start selling male palm slippers, there is a guy dat makes it for me from Jos at d rate of #3000, I sell for #4k but believe me, na with abeg dem dey gree buy am for dat #4k, some will even price d cost price, after paying for waybill and still transport myself to Jabi park to pick it up...no gain at all...I av decided to go out and look for work as I av two kids...

My husband has been out of work since d beginning of dis year, he is a building contractor,so I av been trying to support with d little I get from d sales of d slippers, it is not easy at all.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by emmyluizzz: 1:31pm On Sep 14, 2022
kenearth50:

Which work is that and where's the work location
security and cleaner separately
Catholic church
owerri

2 Likes

Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Tegabadguy(m): 1:32pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ketamine9000mg:
Hello nairalanders!
I am curious and ready to learn because I-AM-NOT-UNDERSTANDING.

I earn 300k monthly, working and residing in Lagos state with a wife(not working yet) and two(2) kids. Despite that, I have been able to save only 220k from January to August. I feel I can do more.

If you are independent and a salary earner,
HOW MUCH DO YOU EARN?
HOW MUCH HAVE YOU SAVED?
HOW DID YOU SAVE IT?

Make person learn and see what can be done for the remaining four (4) months.
who still dey save money for this kind hardship time
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Yankee101: 1:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
How much have you given out this year?
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Brunosamel(m): 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2022
While I'm doing my NYSC my mom took out loan to support me while going for my NYSC I have been paying for it since beginning of my NYSC with both my allowance money and the money I make weekly from barbing thank God I have been able to pay it off only remaining 6500.

I have been able to save 65k in my Corey wise and PiggyVest I don't touch it, am targeting half a million before I finish my nysc Lucky me I got appointment later from my state government paying me 66k, my allowance 33k, I save 500 every day in my piggy bank box, my PPA has increased my salary from 5k to 7k, I trade cryptocurrency and sports betting and make roughly 25k combined This has boasts my income I save roughly by 60% and I'm planning to save 80% of my income due to to fact I don't have time for myself I only work to achieve my goals

Never give up God has ways of doing thing
I'm planning to acquire IT skill as soon as I finish my nysc and open my barbing shop cuz I have a barbing skills already don't want to be hunting for job after service.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Hyllan4u2c(m): 2:36pm On Sep 14, 2022
Thank God oo

I safe my life cheesy,
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by OkoAnike(m): 2:41pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ketamine9000mg:
Hello nairalanders!

I earn 300k monthly, working and residing in Lagos state with a wife(not working yet) and two(2) kids. Despite that, I have been able to save only 220k from January to August. I feel I can do more.

HOW MUCH DO YOU EARN?
HOW MUCH HAVE YOU SAVED?
HOW DID YOU SAVE IT?

My take home is #320k, #250k goes for saving every month and we live on what is left, I have a wife and two big boys, you have to learn saving, please decipline your self by saving for your future and that of your children else when the job is no longer there, adjusting will be difficult. I'm currently investing in a business that will take care of family needs where I can put all my salary into savings.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Devil1Messenger: 2:57pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ketamine9000mg:

You wan go disturb my small savings?
I go refund you back boss
I'm still helping you to save it and with interest
I'm serious boss
Can i DM you?
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by kenearth50(m): 3:21pm On Sep 14, 2022
emmyluizzz:

security and cleaner separately

Catholic church

owerri

I don't know if it's you but someone once posted on NL about getting a job in a Catholic church at owerri sometime last 2 month also
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by jamesbridget13(f): 3:49pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ketamine9000mg:
Hello nairalanders!

HOW MUCH DO YOU EARN?
HOW MUCH HAVE YOU SAVED?
HOW DID YOU SAVE IT?

Oga u can do better.

Save 150k every month. A year is 1.8m
Let's say d 800k would service your rent n kids school fees plus extra emergency for d year. You would be left with 1m intact.

The next year u repeat same. At the end of 2 years, you should have 2M intact. Establish your wife with that 2M.

The family income would increase too. Continue your saving culture. You can decide to set up a business or go into real estate if u are not too good a business man.

Salary will not take u any where as ur bills will keep getting bigger as time goes by. Remember salary alone cannot make u rich.

Lastly for you to achieve this. You need to avoid flamboyant lifestyle for now. This is my advice. It's not easy but with determination, you can achieve it

1 Like

Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Drsnives(m): 4:05pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ketamine9000mg:

How did you do it oga mi?
I always make sure i don't spend wbove my income and no matter how bad a month will be i must have a little savings even if na 1k
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by koldej(m): 4:29pm On Sep 14, 2022
sparko1:

Where did you get the land in ogun state, I will like something around shagamu area.

Thanks in anticipation.

Pm me
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by koldej(m): 4:31pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ketamine9000mg:

Wow! 60%! That's requires serious financial discipline.

Yeah sure....
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by emmyluizzz: 4:31pm On Sep 14, 2022
kenearth50:

I don't know if it's you but someone once posted on NL about getting a job in a Catholic church at owerri sometime last 2 month also

is me

1 Like

Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Classickj(m): 5:07pm On Sep 14, 2022
Hamachi:
I will never look down on or send away someone who walks into my office to look for a job, I know what it means to be jobless and have nowhere to cash from.

When I was jobless and depressed, I used to walk so many KMs dropping my CVSs at offices and knocking on offices, without food for days or where to sleep. I was evicted so many times and my belonging was thrown into the rain.

Thank God there were events, after a long day's search, I could walk to the big hotels to gate crush to get the meal of that day, I did this so many times until I was discovered. I was arrested and taken to the security department.

I have helped so many people acquire jobs, to some I give strategies, to some I have given referrals, to some I coach them on what to say, and to some, I walk them through the journey of discovering passion.

If you were not privileged enough, don’t forget where you came from, you might not be having a connection to a job opening, but just sharing a word of encouragement goes a long way in giving these people hope.

I remember being chased like a dog by one person whom I hoped could help me secure a place to work. “YOU PARASITE GET OUT OF MY OFFICE, AND NEVER EVER SHOULD I EVER SEE YOU, YOO FILTHY SHIT HERE AGAIN”

Last week we met at an event where I was the Keynote speaker, and he reached out to me to help promote his organization, I could see how embarrassed and shocked he was.

Just do good, and today be the reason as to why someone smile
Agree?
I wouldn't mind if you help me

1 Like

Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Wwwq: 5:37pm On Sep 14, 2022
Nothing
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by justBreathe: 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2022
baba4thegehs:
Earn close to 800k
Not married, but have 4 dependents.
Saved N6m and £2k this year alone

Biggest hack for me is living below my means and also investing 50% of my earnings.
Currently living in a 450k per annum mini flat on the mainland, drive a simple Honda accord. If you want to save and grow your wealth stop keeping up with the joneses and chasing women for the unmarried folks

Peace

What do you invest in?
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Demigod22: 8:23pm On Sep 14, 2022
yemzone:

I'm serving in my state. I still stay in my father's house. cool

LoL, I understand you better, comrade, it's not easy.

1 Like

Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by GoldenqueenC(f): 9:04pm On Sep 14, 2022
Ketamine9000mg:

Going with the flow seems a bit dangerous.
not really to avoid hbp
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by baba4thegehs: 10:14pm On Sep 14, 2022
justBreathe:

What do you invest in?

Currently have a diversified portfolio across

● Fixed Deposit - 13% per a with Vbank
● USD investments (Real Estate) - 7% per a with Risevest
● Taregt Savings - 9% per a plus 10% bonus on first savings with Vbank also
● Money Market Fund - 10% per a with ARM

1 Like

Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Fapemz: 6:05am On Sep 15, 2022
Trilz:
Are you in Lagos?

No i am not but i can deliver to Berger, Ojota Oshodi, Ajah, Iyana Ipaja, Sango and we can also arrange home delivery. Reachable via 08065..3163.07

Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by benjanny(m): 6:11am On Sep 15, 2022
In case you were asked how much you have been able to save this year, Remind the person you have been able to save ur life till this moment
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Leogreat5: 7:34am On Sep 15, 2022
No job, I have no savings .
Re: How Much Have You Saved This Year? by Emilo(m): 8:42am On Sep 15, 2022
Na mumu dey save............I mean when u save u no give person ur bank details and sth happen. Bank don cash out be that.

Go ask how First bank use get plenty money........lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Application Letter And Cover Letter? / N-power Beneficiaries Share Experiences / N-power Batch C: Reason Why Applicants With Low Score Got Shortlisted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.