Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,652 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' (2547 Views)

Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) / Caption This Photo Of Rochas Okorocha Dancing Shakitibobo As Tekno Sings / National Media Tour of Projects In FCT-DAY 1(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 10:29am On Aug 11, 2011
Wednesday, August 10, 2011

'Okorocha executes 150 projects in Imo'

From Gordi Udeaja, Umuahia

THE Speaker of the Imo State House of Assembly, Chief Ben Uwajumogu, has said there are 150 projects being executed in the state by the  Rochas Okorocha's administration.

advertisement

Uwajumogu who spoke to journalists in Umuahia as special guest at the formal opening of Penco Plaza built by a businessman Chief Patrick Esomonu, also said each of the 27 local councils now gets N100m grant monthly to update infrastructure.

He listed some of the projects as the dualisation of Owerri- Anara and Owerri-Ugba roads, saying Governor Okorocha has declared Imo State as not poor.

Extolling the virtues of Esemonu, whom he said has lived and invested in Abia State for the past 36 years and in this regard contributed to the state's development, Uwajumogu described him as Imo Economic Ambassador in Abia. He urged the businessman to consider investing also in his home state of Imo.

Esomonu whose businesses include distribution of drinks, expressed desire to establish a brewery if he finds technical partners and allocated the required land in Abia or Imo.

Speaking at the event, Governor Theodore Orji of Abia State, represented by his Commerce/Industry Commissioner, Mr Sampson Orji, lauded Esomonu for investing "wisely, patriotically and strategically" in the state.

Similarly, Okorocha who was represented by his Commerce/Industry Commissioner Mrs Chioma Ogoke, congratulated Esomonu for his successful investments in Abia State, urging him to extend same to his home Imo State.http://odili.net/news/source/2011/aug/10/13.html
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by houvest: 1:10pm On Aug 11, 2011
If so, another feather to his cap. I wish the speaker listed the 150 projects so we can assess them. Rochas is doing excellent but we are also monitoring his moves to make sure that he does not derail. We are not going to be sycophants and hail all his moves as some folks do in other states because we know that the human is not perfect and needs to be kept on his toes.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by macjive01: 1:58pm On Aug 11, 2011
check out this website imo people

[size=18pt]www.imostateforum.com[/size]
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by EkoIle1: 3:39pm On Aug 11, 2011
Ibo people with their lies and delusions sha. Must you people lie about everything?

Law have mercy. Lmao
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by AndreUweh(m): 3:59pm On Aug 11, 2011
Eko Ile:

Ibo people with their lies and delusions sha. Must you people lie about everything?

Law have mercy. Lmao
Have you ever set your foot in Imo state before?. How can you say it is a lie when you hardly step outside Lagos.
Take time oooh!.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 11, 2011
Eko Ile:

Law have mercy. Lmao
Why are your posts always bent on show casing tribalism. You are really a pain in the neck. Please grow up.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by manickal(m): 4:34pm On Aug 11, 2011
its not all about executing projects that hang half-way.
they better do the one they can and will complete than say they'll do all that eissh and end up not achieving anything at all.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by EkoIle1: 4:49pm On Aug 11, 2011
blink182:

Why are your posts always bent on show casing tribalism. You are really a pain in the neck. Please grow up.

This has nothing to do with me or tribalism, this is about needless lies and unsubstantiated rubbish people post on NL, we are all here to learn and gain knowledge via our views and discusions, but what's there to learn if all we do is post lies an baseless nonsense.

You and the folks in the article can not prove to NL that the executes 150 projects, even if allowed to include kerosene awoof giveaway. I dare you to do just that or just hush.

When I post anything on NL about Fashola or elsewhere, I back it up with facts and pictures sef.

Abeg, we are all not mumu.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2011
Yes this news is very true, ranging from free education from nursery to university to the palm oil plantation and industrial development. Okorocha is the hardest working State Gov.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by EkoIle1: 4:57pm On Aug 11, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Have you ever set your foot in Imo state before?. How can you say it is a lie when you hardly step outside Lagos.
Take time oooh!.

And have you been to imo to witness the 150 projects the article is talking about? And if you have, show us proof or just hush.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 11, 2011
Eko Ile:

This has nothing to do with me or tribalism, this is about needless lies and unsubstantiated rubbish people post on NL, we are all here to learn and gain knowledge via our views and discusions, but what's there to learn if all we do is post lies an baseless nonsense.

You and the folks in the article can not prove to NL that the executes 150 projects, even if allowed to include kerosene awoof giveaway. I dare you to do just that or just hush.

When I post anything on NL about Fashola or elsewhere, I back it up with facts and pictures sef.

Abeg, we are all not mumu.

You are too tribalistic amend your ways, i'm tired of reading your posts with tribal sentiments. I do not support what the poster wrote in anyway. Why didn't you just say   people with their lies and delusions sha. Must you people lie about everything? but no you had to place your signature of tribalism on it.

Even if the ibos are liars, is it your place to judge or condemn?
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:01pm On Aug 11, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Chief Ben Uwajumogu, has said there are 150 projects being executed in the state by the  Rochas Okorocha's administration.

I believe everybody on Nairaland can read. I don't like the idea of spoon feeding dunce.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by EkoIle1: 5:03pm On Aug 11, 2011
blink182:

You are too tribalistic amend your ways, i'm tired of reading your posts with tribal sentiments. I do not support what the poster wrote in anyway. Why didn't you just say   people with their lies and delusions sha. Must you people lie about everything? but no you had to place your signature of tribalism on it.

Even if the ibos are liars, is it your place to judge or condemn?

Qualificating based on what people do is not tribalism and till you are able to list the 150 projects, na lie.

I'm really not interested in your silly and manufactured tribalism outrage, this is about 150 projects, not you so get over yourself.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by EkoIle1: 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

I believe everybody on Nairaland can read. I don't like the idea of spoon feeding dunce.

Even a dunce like me is allergic to lies and deceptions.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by philip0906(m): 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2011
Eko Ile:

Qualificating based on what people do is not tribalism and till you are able to list the 150 projects, na lie.

I'm really not interested in your silly and manufactured tribalism outrage, this is about 150 projects, not you so get over yourself.
Eko Ile:

Even a dunce like me is allergic to lies and deceptions.
sharap and go back 2 ekiti b4 u get lost hia. . . undecided
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by EkoIle1: 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

Only a gallible dunce. Swallows baseless and unsubstanted rubbish. Tel us u are not a dunce by listing the 150 projects.

Trust me, I know you can, even the man in the man in the article can not.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2011
Eko Ile:

Only a gallible dunce. Swallows baseless and unsubstanted rubbish. Tel us u are not a dunce by listing the 150 projects.

Trust me, I know you can, even the man in the man in the article can not.
Wow, you are really something. What do they call ignorant obnoxious people but who do not know they are such?
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by jamace(m): 5:42pm On Aug 11, 2011

Law have mercy. Lmao

My friend, do not doubt everything in Nigeria. Rochas is one of the few Govs who will make the difference in their states in the current dispensastion. From the little I know about him, he is one who see leadership as service to the people and not self. So, please, give him a chance.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by EkoIle1: 7:23pm On Aug 11, 2011
jamace:

My friend, do not doubt everything in Nigeria. Rochas is one of the few Govs who will make the difference in their states in the current dispensastion. From the little I know about him, he is one who see leadership as service to the people and not self.  So, please, give him a chance.

This is not about rochas or nigerians, this is about lies and people taking us for a ride, rochas himself wount even make such bold face claims.

When I post details about lagos state projects even with proof and pictures, the same hypocrites talking smack in this thread still boil, ridicule and bad mouth even with facts in their faces.

But when it comes to one of theirs, 150 unamed and unverifiable projects is not a big deal.

Don't. You even have to ask about the projects like if the are going to benefit you and your people? You hear 150projects and you are jumping. How pathetic some people are.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by friedrice1: 7:49pm On Aug 11, 2011
@ Topic,
I'm not Impressed.
His counterpart in Abia State has created over 450,000 jobs
Even Uduaghan in Delta has executed more than 1500 projects in the last 3 months.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by jamace(m): 9:37pm On Aug 11, 2011
@ Topic,
I'm not Impressed.
His counterpart in Abia State has created over 450,000 jobs
Even Uduaghan in Delta has executed more than 1500 projects in the last 3 months.

Just give Rochas a chance. I'm convinced that he is going to make a positive impact.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by T8ksy(m): 11:21pm On Aug 11, 2011
@ Op,

So? What's the big deal?

His counterpart in my state, ogun has completed 1500 projects in 3months grin
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by stormm: 5:03am On Aug 12, 2011
http://saharareporters.com/article/rescue-mission-rochas-professor-prince-edward-oparaoji

Rescue Mission For Rochas By Professor Edward Oparaoji

Posted: August 12, 2011 - 01:18

By Edward Oparaoji

The euphoria that greeted the expulsion of Ikedi Ohakim from and the election of Rochas Okorocha to the Douglas House Owerri, Imo State, on May 29, 2011, has quickly fizzled out. Replaced with bewilderment, astonishment and disbelief emerged, as Imolites watch Rochas self destruct. I was unable to find any record of any leader that has sunk so precipitously in popularity, in so short a time - Not even by the standards of the dictatorships he appears to mimic!

Rochas can only blame himself, because he came into office with a tremendous amount of goodwill – which is rare in today’s Nigeria’s political space. His problem is that he has failed to recognize when campaigning stopped and actual governing started. If he had known the difference between those two exercises, he would have selected his advisers with effective governance in mind. They, in turn, would have advised him on how better to handle the bungled issues of the 10,000 jobs he panned; the firing of the “elected” local government chairmen; his brazen interference with management of educational, town unions and traditional rulers’ institutions; the obsession with battling the legacy of Ohakim; the ill-conceived appointment of his minions “otimkpus” (Praise Singers) as advisers for everything that exists; assigning key commissionership position to his fugitive Deputy Governor; taking delight in delaying payment of wages; and ignoring the decaying infrastructures, high unemplyment and capping all with the abuse of due process. The list goes on.

There is a saying that, “you never know what you have until you lose it”, but I never believed it would ever apply to Ohakim (at least not this soon), but Rochas has managed to prove me wrong. His actions and inactions have started to make Ohakim look quite good to Imolites, who now express nostalgia for Ohakim’s tenure. A case is in point is the appearance of Owerri. Why would Rochas allow Owerri, the seat of government, to deteriorate so quickly? At some point, during Ohakim's reign, most of us took it for granted that Owerri was clean, and failed to give enough credit to whom it was due. Thanks to Rochas we now know it actually took efforts by Ohakim’s administration to keep Owerri relatively clean. Rochas, unintentionally, is succeeding in rehabilitating Ohakim’s image, a feat Ohakim was unable to accomplish for himself during his 4 years in office.

Imolites seem to be saying mea culpa with their massive pageant-like turn out, to welcome Prof. (Mrs.) Viola Onwuliri (Ohakim’s running mate during the 2011 gubernatorial election), as the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, as well as Ohakim, during their recent separate visits to Imo State, respectively.

Rochas’ performance so far can be summarized as “visible with little substance”. He appears to be way out of his league and needs a rescue mission already. As an Imolite interested in the welfare of Imo State, my advise would be, ‘strike the rod while still hot!”, focus on collaborative and not confrontational initiatives. Time is running, there is no second chance for a good first impression.
Prof. Edward Oparaoji,
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by Nobody: 5:29am On Aug 12, 2011
"I must add to my wealth before I leave office" syndrome.

God is good.

All the time.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by ektbear: 5:43am On Aug 12, 2011
stormm:

His problem is that he has failed to recognize when campaigning stopped and actual governing started. If he had known the difference between those two exercises, he would have selected his advisers with effective governance in mind. They, in turn, would have advised him on how better to handle the bungled issues of the 10,000 jobs he panned; the firing of the “elected” local government chairmen; his brazen interference with management of educational, town unions and traditional rulers’ institutions; the obsession with battling the legacy of Ohakim; the ill-conceived appointment of his minions “otimkpus” (Praise Singers) as advisers for everything that exists; assigning key commissionership position to his fugitive Deputy Governor; taking delight in delaying payment of wages; and ignoring the decaying infrastructures, high unemplyment and capping all with the abuse of due process. The list goes on.

Bolded is a problem that Aregbesola also seemed to have had early in his administration.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by gidson12(m): 7:39am On Aug 12, 2011
pls we need pictures on these 150 stuffz or projects
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by jamace(m): 7:42am On Aug 12, 2011
http://saharareporters.com/article/rescue-mission-rochas-professor-prince-edward-oparaoji

Rescue Mission For Rochas By Professor Edward Oparaoji

Posted: August 12, 2011 - 01:18

By Edward Oparaoji

The euphoria that greeted the expulsion of Ikedi Ohakim from and the election of Rochas Okorocha to the Douglas House Owerri,  Imo State, on May 29, 2011, has quickly fizzled out. Replaced with bewilderment, astonishment and disbelief emerged, as Imolites watch Rochas self destruct. I was unable to find any record of any leader that has sunk so precipitously in popularity, in so short a time - Not even by the standards of the dictatorships he appears to mimic!

Rochas can only blame himself, because he came into office with a tremendous amount of goodwill – which is rare in today’s Nigeria’s political space. His problem is that he has failed to recognize when campaigning stopped and actual governing started. If he had known the difference between those two exercises, he would have selected his advisers with effective governance in mind. They, in turn, would have advised him on how better to handle the bungled issues of the 10,000 jobs he panned; the firing of the “elected” local government chairmen; his brazen interference with management of educational, town unions and traditional rulers’ institutions; the obsession with battling the legacy of Ohakim; the ill-conceived appointment of his minions “otimkpus” (Praise Singers) as advisers for everything that exists; assigning key commissionership position to his fugitive Deputy Governor;  taking delight in delaying payment of wages; and ignoring the decaying infrastructures, high unemplyment and capping all with the abuse of due process. The list goes on.

There is a saying that, “you never know what you have until you lose it”, but I never believed it would ever apply to Ohakim (at least not this soon), but Rochas has managed to prove me wrong. His actions and inactions have started to make Ohakim look quite good to Imolites, who now express nostalgia for Ohakim’s tenure. A case is in point is the appearance of Owerri. Why would Rochas allow Owerri, the seat of government, to deteriorate so quickly? At some point, during Ohakim's reign, most of us took it for granted that Owerri was clean, and failed to give enough credit to whom it was due. Thanks to Rochas we now know it actually took efforts by Ohakim’s administration to keep Owerri relatively clean. Rochas, unintentionally, is succeeding in rehabilitating Ohakim’s image, a feat Ohakim was unable to accomplish for himself during his 4 years in office. 

Imolites seem to be saying mea culpa with their massive pageant-like turn out, to welcome Prof. (Mrs.) Viola Onwuliri (Ohakim’s running mate during the 2011 gubernatorial election), as the Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, as well as Ohakim, during their recent separate visits to Imo State, respectively.

Rochas’ performance so far can be summarized as “visible with little substance”. He appears to be way out of his league and needs a rescue mission already.  As an Imolite interested in the welfare of Imo State, my advise would be, ‘strike the rod while still hot!”, focus on collaborative and not confrontational initiatives. Time is running, there is no second chance for a good first impression.
Prof. Edward Oparaoji,   

This man is crying here because he lost out in Rochas govt. Imolites should beware of him.

Imo recovers N567m looted funds

News Thursday, August 11, 2011

BY CHIDI NKWOPARA

OWERRI – Imo State Government has recovered N567 million public funds stashed into private accounts in the past nine years.

The Commissioner for Finance, Deacon Chuks Okafor, said this in an interview with newsmen, adding that the recovery was part of the administration's rescue mission agenda.

He said: "This was made possible through useful information by some members of the public. The funds so far recovered have been deposited into government coffers and would be used to procure more security vehicles as directed by Governor Rochas Okorocha."

Okafor reiterated government's determination to recover its property illegally acquired by unauthorised persons, adding that "with the current verification in ministries and local councils , government is sure to save more money."

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/aug/11/303.html

Maybe, the Prof's syphoning pipe must have been blocked by this exercise, hence the mudslinging.
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by rolchi(m): 8:17am On Aug 12, 2011
Any how una like make una talk, me I doubt that any governor, not even the richest state can "execute" 150 Projects in 2 months and a half! And if he is talking about Projects, there is no way he could have started them by now. Projects are planned and budgeted for, resources are gathered before the actual job starts and you tell me that from May 29 2011, Rochas has done these, its a lie not true! lipsrsealed
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by EkoIle1: 1:32pm On Dec 14, 2011
What happened to the FAKE 150 projects,

Useless lie lie people,
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by ak47mann(m): 2:52pm On Dec 14, 2011
http://www.imostate.gov.ng/

see source here,
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE IMO STATE GOVERNMENT FROM MAY 29TH 2011 – SEPT 5TH 2011 (1ST100 DAYS IN OFFICE OF GOVERNOR ROCHAS OKOROCHA)
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by EkoIle1: 3:06pm On Dec 14, 2011
ak47mann:

http://www.imostate.gov.ng/

see source here,
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE IMO STATE GOVERNMENT FROM MAY 29TH 2011 – SEPT 5TH 2011 (1ST100 DAYS IN OFFICE OF GOVERNOR ROCHAS OKOROCHA)

Copying and pasting the list of the so called 150 projects would have surficed instead of your bogus and meaningless link.

So he was sworn into office in may and by sept, he's commissioned 150 projects?

That means he commissioned 1.5 project every single day?

Is it really by force to be so gullible and hoodwinked with fake and outlandish 419 claims? Do you people have brains to think with or you are just too lazy to think?
Re: 'okorocha Executes 150 Projects In Imo' by Mobinga: 3:08pm On Dec 14, 2011
Eko Ile is stupid_

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revived Volkswagen Nigeria To Launch Locally Made Buses / Beninoise Despise Igbos (nigerians) / News Breaking!! Protest Broke Out In Osun State Over Anambra Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.