Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser (925 Views)

You’re A Bad Loser, APC Leaders Blast Jonathan / Let The Yorubas Who Support Buhari Call These Men Thieves!!! / Murtala Muhammad Was A Loser That Took Delight In Killing Civilians During War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 11, 2011
just thinking, between the yoruba s an d the igbos, who are the actual losers?
president - ss
vp - nw
senate president- nw
speaker--------------nw
deputy sp-----------se
deputy spk--------- se
army cheif-----------se
sgf------------------se
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by HighChief4(m): 12:57pm On Aug 11, 2011
;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by russellino: 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2011
Useless thread. If other ppl are posting nonsense must you join them
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by apoti(m): 1:09pm On Aug 11, 2011
@op, When Bankole was the speaker, how did he improve my life or the SW at large? for your information we don't care
Igbos are the ones always crying about one thing or the other tongue
Now you have everything, lets see what your next [b]crying point [/b]would be  cheesy

1 Like

Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by Nobody: 1:12pm On Aug 11, 2011
I must condemn the spirit behind this thread.
@ Poster, are you suggesting that the Igbos are
very much comfortable with the present arrangement?
Ask for Democracy dividends, not elite appointments.
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by Pukkah: 1:27pm On Aug 11, 2011
The psyche of Nigerians is getting poorer by the day.  This is quite sad. We are talking about how to extricate Nigeria from the jaws of under-development and you're at the base level trying to compare individual appointments across tribes.  How does that even elevate or add to the prosperity of any particular tribe? Obasanjo was the President for eight years, how did that help the state of infrastructure in Ogun state (let alone the South West) compared to say Cross River state?

Suppose the same state produces the President and the Vice President plus the Senate President, does it translate to rapid infrastructural development of that state of the release of the people of the state from the vice-like grip of poverty? I am sorry, the present crop of leaders in Nigeria are for themselves and not for the people.

Nigerians need to wean themselves from the evils of tribalism and 'national cake' syndrome and put their leaders (regardless of their tribal or religious background) under pressure to perform in order to lift most people above the poverty line within the shortest time possible.
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by seanet02: 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2011
Ibos rarely use their brain.
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by redsun(m): 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2011
U mean who are the main kleptocrats? I dont think a true igbo or yoruba man will proud of those ravaging bea.sts called nigerian leaders
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by NegroNtns(m): 1:51pm On Aug 11, 2011
To Ibos,

We will bookmark this and remember in 2015 how to vote.
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by kofoshi: 2:08pm On Aug 11, 2011
seanet02:

How very dare you!

You talk as if they have one to begin with.
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by PointB: 2:19pm On Aug 11, 2011
We are genuinely tired of this type of thread; sinking lower and lower daily into bigotry has not achieved anything.
What Igbos want is good roads, airports, seaports, industries, etc, not political offices.

Getting tired of tribal warfare. Let's think!

1 Like

Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by PointB: 2:22pm On Aug 11, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

To Ibos,

We will bookmark this and remember in 2015 how to vote.

Silly post! Other are condemning the OP, you are rather seeking to build another bigotry case on his indiscretion. Be my guest!
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by russellino: 2:23pm On Aug 11, 2011
The originator and negative contributors to this thread are definitely prone to being left behind and unfortunately slowing others down.yorubas this, igbos that. In the 21st century for crying out loud. God why was I born a Nigerian. When ghanaians release diss tracks you'll see ppl here jumping up and down clobbering their chests and wailing like baboons. Its getting clear that lord lugard didn't make a mistake putting us all together in one state, naija ppl are generally moronic
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by kofoshi: 2:40pm On Aug 11, 2011
You know something is definitely afoot when the Igbos are calling for a forum of national unity.

Yorubas better not fall for this.

So long we are united in our land, you land grabber can pee off!
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by PointB: 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2011
kofoshi:

You know something is definitely afoot when the Igbos are calling for a forum of national unity.

Yorubas better not fall for this.

So long we are united in our land, you land grabber can pee off!

There are no land grabbers. What you call land-grabbers are Nigerians doing legitimate business in their country. Anyone who goes against the law should be punished. Fair enough?
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by ektbear: 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2011
That multi-billion dollar greenfield refinery that the Chinese are building and NNPC providing a 20% loan for in Lekki is of more interest to me than any single one of these positions except the presidency.
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by Pukkah: 2:56pm On Aug 11, 2011
ekt_bear:

That multi-billion dollar greenfield refinery that the Chinese are building and NNPC providing a 20% loan for in Lekki is of more interest to me than any single one of these positions except the presidency.

It's because you've got a global view (like an airplane view) as opposed to the tribal view (worm view) of these tribal warlords and ethnocentricists who are still miserably stuck in the stone age.
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by kodewrita(m): 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2011
Considering that people in GEJ's hometown protested recently about not having light, having a son of the soil in any post is no sign of success.
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by Pukkah: 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2011
seanet02:

This is not a nice thing to say to a group of people. What's it with Nigerians?!
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by friedrice1: 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2011
why do the MODs allow and encourage threads of this nature.?
the frequency is becoming alarming and the participant are increasing by the minute
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by Nobody: 12:01am On Aug 12, 2011
Guess OP didn't see the incendiary rhetorics coming his way bar the tribalists.

What profit or positive dividend does any region experience when the ever present crop of recycled bureaucrats constantly stirring us into an abyss of despair.

angry
Re: Between The Igbos And Yorubas Who Are The Actual Loser by cobsol(m): 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2012
I'd rather go with the Igbos even with my two eyes close. shocked I hate it when the yoruba people pretends everything is alright.. taaaaaaaaaa

(1) (Reply)

Ikuforiji Is An Ex U.S. Convict? / Lagos Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank / Imo Begins Demolition Of Roadside Structures In Orlu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.