Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,150 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) (922 Views)

I Stand By My Comments On Soyinka, Says Obasanjo / Jonathan To Be Appointed U.N Global Crises Envoy / Seized $9.3 Million: Nigerian Officials Blame U.S. 4 Secret South Africa Armdeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 01, 2011
(CNN) -- The Nigerian Islamic militant group Boko Haram says it bombed U.N. offices in Abuja last week because the world body is a partner "in the oppression of believers," a spokesman for the group said Wednesday.

Friday's car bombing killed 23 people and wounded more than 80. Boko Haram, which aims to impose a strict version of Islamic law in Nigeria, claimed responsibility for the attack.

In a brief telephone interview arranged by an intermediary, Boko Haram spokesman Abul Qaqa said a 27-year-old Nigerian named Mohammed Abul Barra drove the explosives-packed Honda Accord into the U.N. building.

"All over the world, the U.N. is a global partner in the oppression of believers," Qaqa said. "We are at war against infidels. In Nigeria, the federal government tries to perpetuate the agenda of the United Nations."

U.N. agencies operating in Nigeria include the World Health Organization, the U.N. Development Program, the children's organization UNICEF, the Office on Drugs and Crime, the Joint Program on HIV and AIDS and the U.N. Development Fund for Women. The building hit by the attack housed 26 U.N. humanitarian and development agencies, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said last week.

Nigerian authorities said Wednesday that the bombing was plotted by a man with ties to the al Qaeda terrorist network. The Nigerian State Security Service said Mamman Nur was a "notorious Boko Haram element" who recently returned from Somalia, where the Somali militant Al-Shabaab has been linked to al Qaeda.

Though a Nigerian engineer was among the dead, Qaqa said the group did not intend to kill the man. He added, however, "We have told everyone that the U.N. is the bastion of the global oppression of Muslims all over the world."

"As such, we have warned everyone to steer clear of such places," he said. "They should steer clear of such places that we have mentioned in the past. The battle has changed."

Africa's most populous nation is divided between a largely Christian south and a Muslim north. "Boko Haram" -- which translates loosely as "Western education is forbidden/sinful" -- holds all government authority in contempt and wants to establish a state in northern Nigeria under Islamic law.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/08/31/nigeria.bombing/
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Greenslim: 12:47pm On Sep 01, 2011
God come to our rescue. The issue of Boko Haram is a threat to our peace and security. Thank u Lord. Amen
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by vedaxcool(m): 12:49pm On Sep 01, 2011
God save us from an incompetent president amin
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2011
^^^^

Brother, stop chasing me from forum to forum, abi are you trying to chase me off Nairaland shocked
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Kx: 12:52pm On Sep 01, 2011
They say they are anti western education, why dont they use stones and stick instead of guns and bombs which are products or western education/civilization?
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by vedaxcool(m): 12:54pm On Sep 01, 2011
frosbel:

^^^^

Brother, stop chasing me from forum to forum, abi are you trying to chase me off Nairaland shocked

Chasing you? I am sorely amazed at the level of your intelligence! shocked
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2011
i do nt see any reason why GEJ is nt willing to giv dem their sharia state for God sake! We dont benefit anytin frm that dry land of theirs yet they want out of nigeria, why nt simply allow them go? Why wait for them to kill innocent people b4 grantin their wish? I think the south is biting more than it can chew. Allow them go pls! Allow them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Litmus: 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2011
Boko Haram" -- which translates loosely as "Western education is forbidden/sinful"

What is the word for, "we are fools doing the biding of Arabs who in fact place color of skin allegiance higher than Islamic brotherliness?"
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by nolongTing: 3:15pm On Sep 01, 2011
Litmus:

What is the word for, "we are fools doing the biding of Arabs who in fact place color of skin allegiance higher than Islamic brotherliness?"

Spot on! I wish all Black Islamists would get this grin grin
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by vedaxcool(m): 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2011
For a woman whose young daughter had an unclean spirit heard about Him [Jesus—KB], and she came and fell at His feet. The woman was a Greek, a Syro-Phoenician by birth, and she kept asking Him to cast the demon out of her daughter. But Jesus said to her, “Let the children be filled first, for it is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.” And she answered and said to Him, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs under the table eat from the children’s crumbs.” Then He said to her, “For this saying go your way; the demon has gone out of your daughter.” And when she had come to her house, she found the demon gone out, and her daughter lying on the bed (7:25-30; see also Matthew 15:21-28).

By these frosbel would you argue with Jesus that you are a dog
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 01, 2011
Moderator , stop removing my comments !!!!!!

I will repeat it here :

Muhammad called blacks raisin heads ! He held blacks in contempt undecided

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 662:Narrated Anas:The Prophet said, “Listen and obey (your chief) even if an Ethiopian whose head is like a raisin were made your chief.”

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 664:Narrated Anas bin Malik:The Prophet said to Abu-Dhar, “Listen and obey (your chief) even if he is an Ethiopian with a head like a raisin.”

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 256:Narrated Anas bin Malik:Allah’s Apostle said, “You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin.”

Besides the obvious repetitiveness of the Hadiths (where the instance is mentioned three times, like so many of the other hadiths), these passages show something into Mohammad's mindset.

Mohammad did not like black people.

The fact is Mohammad's principle of slavery was so important to him, that he made sure that a person must remain a slave, EVEN if it meant being owned by a black person. This connotes that blacks were inferior than others, and that the slave trade should be enforced, even if it meant being slave to a person most undesirable, like an Ethiopian black.

To top it off, Mohammad made sure to say that you should remain slaves to blacks whose heads looked like raisins.

The ridiculing of black people just never stopped for
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Chyz2: 3:55pm On Sep 01, 2011
Frosbel, stop spreading your western propaganda in a nigerian site. You are not nigerian and I've pointed that out long before. Other nairalanders can look it up in the search engine. The claim you are making is not even in the groups ideology and never was. Their agenda is national based and not international. How all of a sudden a quick turn? undecided
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by vedaxcool(m): 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2011
^^^^

My guy we don try teach am sense im no dey learn quick quick
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 01, 2011
Chyz*:

Frosbel, stop spreading your western propaganda in a nigerian site. You are not nigerian and I've pointed that out long before. Other nairalanders can look it up in the search engine. The claim you are making is not even in the groups ideology and never was. There agenda is national based and not international. How all of a sudden a quick turn? undecided

You kidding me cool

I bet I know some of you on this site personally but I dare no say !!!
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Chyz2: 4:15pm On Sep 01, 2011
vedaxcool:

^^^^

My guy we don try teach am sense im no dey learn quick quick

They be boy-boy to white man.
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Chyz2: 4:17pm On Sep 01, 2011
frosbel:

You kidding me cool

I bet I know some of you on this site personally but I dare no say !!!

And Obasanjo personally knows George W. Bush but it doesn't mean they are from the same country.
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 01, 2011
You can call me an uncle TOM. grin

I am here to speak and reveal the truth !!!
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Chyz2: 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2011
frosbel:

You can call me an uncle TOM. grin

I am here to speak and reveal the truth !!!

I'm not calling you an uncle Tom because quite frankly I don't think you are even Black. Truth be told. You've been coming on this site spewing nonsense, as you've been paid to do,its time to have some shame and leave this site and allow we Africans to live in peace.
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2011
^^^

Typical Jihadist and their lies shocked
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2011
Don't they know the bang-up job their pals in the OIC have been doing to make the UN their instrument of Sharia enforcement, hijacking discussions of "racism," attempting to criminalize criticism of Islam, and monopolizing the discourse in demonization of Israel at every opportunity? Well, if the Nigerian jihadists have taken to heart that "Western education is sin," who knows? Maybe they can't read the memo.

This case shows why the usual reassurance from apologists that "just" defensive jihad is nothing to worry about is disingenuous. Defensive jihad is jihad waiting for an excuse, and the Qur'an says "persecution is worse than slaughter" (2:191), a verse to justify a raid by the Muslims during one of the "forbidden" months. Boko Haram feels persecuted. They feel oppressed by not being able to impose Sharia as they wish. Bombs away.
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Chyz2: 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2011
frosbel:

Don't they know the slam-up job their pals in the OIC have been doing to make the UN their instrument of Sharia enforcement, hijacking discussions of "racism," attempting to criminalize criticism of Islam, and monopolizing the discourse in demonization of Israel at every opportunity? Well, if the Nigerian jihadists have taken to heart that "Western education is sin," who knows? Maybe they can't read the memo.

I like for you to post this "slam-up job" you are talking about, from front to end. This will give of a view of how whichever dicussions came about. Also, one thing that must be separated: Islam and Arab culture. They are two different things. Another that must be separated: The Quran and the Hadith. One is authentic and is believe to be of God and the other is a mixture of Arab culture and mans manipulation of the Quran in his favor. Of course, when others are confusing the listed above and throwing negative labeling on a particular group or religion those of that group or religion will defend their home. Now, this is not to say that these OIC people are not trying to set an indirect or forced islamic agenda on others, but there is a difference between those who "Want to make different environments islamic" and those who "Would like to one day touch the minds of those who are not muslims but and the same time allow those people the free-will to choose what it is they want".

This case shows why the usual reassurance from apologists that "just" defensive jihad is nothing to worry about is disingenuous. Defensive jihad is jihad waiting for an excuse, and the Qur'an says "persecution is worse than slaughter" (2:191), a verse to justify a raid by the Muslims during one of the "forbidden" months. Boko Haram feels persecuted. They feel oppressed by not being able to impose Sharia as they wish. Bombs away.

Whenever a people are fighting based on defense, then there is nothing wrong with that. When a cat is backed in to a corner you better believe he is going to go out like a "G", so guard your face. Now those who claim to be doing the works of islam by going on a offense and also blowing up innocent people are wrong and demons.

As for the supposed quote you took from the Quran, it does not say that. It says "oppression is worse than death". The Quran also states that " Allah loves not aggressors". Attacking police and soldiers who are oppressing you could be seen as justifiable but when the attack was on the UN, a non-governmental defense organization then thats where the ish chnage and it became clear that this is not the works of a religious group and this is a work of outside(non-african) powers. The fact that it is now reparted that the CCTV video has magically been "destroyed", doesn't help this claimed "suicide bombing"'s crediblity.

So please when you want to spread your western propaganda in a nigerian site, make sense. Also do not talk about stuff you don't know about(The Quran). wink
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Chyz2: 5:58pm On Sep 01, 2011
frosbel:

^^^

Typical Jihadist and their lies shocked

Typical western imperialist and their lies to keep the veil over the eyes of Africans. shocked
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by redsun(m): 6:28pm On Sep 01, 2011
The world need leaders like gaddaffi that jails moslems for praying too much. One of the west propaganda on the atrocities of gaddaffi is that he jailed some highly deluded libyan moslems for praying too much,yet they are on about fighting terrorism,two faced bast.ards
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 01, 2011
keep blaming the west , very soon you will be wearing a long goatie and dressing like Arabs , lol.

grin
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Chyz2: 11:29pm On Sep 01, 2011
frosbel:

keep blaming the west , very soon you will be wearing a long goatie and dressing like Arabs , lol.

grin

I'd rather dress like an Arab then dress like a four-eyed white mormon any day. Keep spreading your falsehoods in the name of western propaganda,lol.

cheesy
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Chyz2: 11:43pm On Sep 01, 2011
frosbel:

Moderator , stop removing my comments !!!!!!

I will repeat it here :

Muhammad called blacks raisin heads ! He held blacks in contempt  undecided

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 662:Narrated Anas:The Prophet said, “Listen and obey (your chief) even if an Ethiopian whose head is like a raisin were made your chief.”

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 664:Narrated Anas bin Malik:The Prophet said to Abu-Dhar, “Listen and obey (your chief) even if he is an Ethiopian with a head like a raisin.”

Volume 9, Book 89, Number 256:Narrated Anas bin Malik:Allah’s Apostle said, “You should listen to and obey, your ruler even if he was an Ethiopian (black) slave whose head looks like a raisin.”

Besides the obvious repetitiveness of the Hadiths (where the instance is mentioned three times, like so many of the other hadiths), these passages show something into Mohammad's mindset.

Mohammad did not like black people.

The fact is Mohammad's principle of slavery was so important to him, that he made sure that a person must remain a slave, EVEN if it meant being owned by a black person. This connotes that blacks were inferior than others, and that the slave trade should be enforced, even if it meant being slave to a person most undesirable, like an Ethiopian black.

To top it off, Mohammad made sure to say that you should remain slaves to blacks whose heads looked like raisins.

The ridiculing of black people just never stopped for

This is the same nonsense you white people used against Ghaddafi, saying he hates Black people. Look at the outcome now, the rebels(Arabs) are killing Black Africans off like cancer now that Ghaddafi's gone. When he was in power, there was no talk about mass killings of Blacks in Libya. Even Ghaddafi himself is Berber, which is a Black African ethnic group that is highly mixed with arab,white(the berber's enslaved white people), etc.

And the nonsense you are quoting above are from Hadiths. Hadiths were written after Mohammed's death by various men. The Hadiths are nothing to go by for they are evil and written by tyrants. Dont come here building your terrorist propaganda here you fool.  Ever time you write nonsense you better believe i will be there to destroy it.
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 01, 2011
What do you know about Islam.

The moment you write off the hadiths , 80% of Islam becomes null and void !

Surely you are not that dumb , right !

Or are you so anti-white and therefore a racist , lol.

I am a black guy living in a white man's country , and while I agree they can be racist , i am not so blinded by hate , that I attribute all the world's ills to their cunningness.
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Chyz2: 12:19am On Sep 02, 2011
frosbel:

What do you know about Islam.

The moment you write off the hadiths , 80% of Islam becomes null and void !

Surely you are not that dumb , right !

Or are you so anti-white and therefore a racist , lol.

I am a black guy living in a white man's country , and while I agree they can be racist , i am not so blinded by hate , that I attribute all the world's ills to their cunningness.

Please, im the last person you want to discuss Islam with,white man. Islam is to be based solely off of the Quran, which muslims believe is the total word of God and need no other book for guidance. Islam is not based on the Hadith. The Hadith is ritual, culture, and traditions. In the Quarn, Allah says he has made the Quran easy read and with full detail so no other book is needed. So you know nothing about the Quran. wink

You're last sentence proves even more that you are not African,you white b@stard.
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Nobody: 12:39am On Sep 02, 2011
Please, im the last person you want to discuss Islam with[b],white man[/b]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Islam is to be based solely off of the Quran,

As if to say the Quran is a better book than the Hadiths  grin grin

Don't even get me started, I guess you are new to Nairaland. I am an authority on ISLAM. Let's try not to derail this thread.

which muslims believe is the total word of God and need no other book for guidance.

Your opinion

Islam is not based on the Hadith. The Hadith is ritual, culture, and traditions.

Liar

In the Quarn, Allah says he has made the Quran easy read and with full detail so no other book is needed. So you know nothing about the Quran. wink

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sure easy to read ONLY in Arabic.

Abeg tell me something else

You're last sentence proves even more that you are not African,you white b@stard.

Typical Jihadist short fuse.

My advice is that you end talk of Islam here, otherwise it might get dirty !!!!   shocked
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by chillbabe(f): 3:03am On Sep 02, 2011
How stupid can u be. They travel by plains use cell phone and have the latest electronics how stupid can u be. God punish dem.
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Chyz2: 3:06am On Sep 02, 2011
frosbel:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

As if to say the Quran is a better book than the Hadiths  grin grin

Don't even get me started, I guess you are new to Nairaland. I am an authority on ISLAM. Let's try not to derail this thread.

[/b]

Your opinion

Liar

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sure easy to read ONLY in Arabic.

Abeg tell me something else

Typical Jihadist short fuse.

My advice is that you end talk of Islam here, otherwise it might get dirty !!!!   shocked

My advice once again stop talking about things you know nothing about and take your pink azz off of this site with ur western propaganda.
Re: Nigerian Bombers Blame U.N. For oppression Of Muslims(stop removing my comments) by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 02, 2011
^^

Wise decision, I let you off this time.

grin

(1) (Reply)

Street Press: Solutions For Nigeria Part 1 / Guess Who Went Shopping Incognito? / Kano 2012 Budget: Capital Project- 66%, Recurrent Expenditure- 34%.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.