Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria (36996 Views)

Ooni Imposes Night To Dawn Curfew In Ife Over Criminal Activities / Ooni Of Ife Shuts Palace Over Coronavirus, Suspends Traditional Activities / Kano Emirate: Low Activities In Sanusi’s Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Popesuccess(m): 8:36am On Sep 15, 2022
I have notice that some of the things we do in this country in the name of culture and tradition is Causing poor Nigerians more trouble and we need to change.

1. High Cultural cost of marriage.

2. High Cultural cost of burial. A man in my church have not being able to perform the burial rites for his mother because he will at least one million to do it. He is the only child.

3. Transporting dead bodies from the place they died to the village.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by BrandBrainBox: 8:42am On Sep 15, 2022
Your got it right absolutely. With people like you, NIGERIA will be great again.

More people need to learn this truth or contribute to the discussion.

Listen to this Donald Trump-themed song telling how "Nigeria MUST be great again".
https://twitter.com/RhymespeakC/status/1569865778094014464?t=4dqy7kFc1YZ14Cn_uPTuVA&s=19

It's worth it. Please, listen.

112 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Arewise(m): 9:47am On Sep 15, 2022
Ok

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Eriggs: 9:47am On Sep 15, 2022

High Cultural cost of burial.

What part of Nigeria is this rampant?
Nairalanders, over to you.

Genuine answers only please.

39 Likes

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by slawomir: 9:47am On Sep 15, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright....

We Edos dey guilty of number 2...Binis to be precise and esan people dey guilty of number 3

But that number 1 we nor dey guilty of that one at all

Infact we fit accept about 26 naira for bride price
But so far make you nor do our daughter anyhow for marriage

Igbos are guilty of number 1

144 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by GeneralPula: 9:47am On Sep 15, 2022
Nigeria people do number 1 & 2 by choice. Nobody is forcing anybody to spend something huge on marriage or burial..

Besides that, people love to celebrate the dead more than the living..

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Eriggs: 9:47am On Sep 15, 2022

High Cultural cost of marriage.
What part of Nigeria is this rampant?
Nairalanders, over to you.

Genuine answers only please.

19 Likes

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by izzou(m): 9:47am On Sep 15, 2022
The cost to carry out burials has to be the most annoying.

Some of our traditions need to be scraped.

This is not about being woke. It's about the selfishness and wickedness embedded in it

18 Likes

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Moneyboyz: 9:47am On Sep 15, 2022
Those things are for
1. The rich
2. Stupid people.

I can't waste my money doing extravagant burial when I can just bury the dead same day and cook for the guests normal.

Also why pay exorbitant fees when you can just impregnate their daughter and watch them beg you to take her hand in marriage.

Also some people have seen these things as ways to make money, they will sell clothes of 1k in oshodi for you at 3k. Indirectly you are paying for the food you will eat at the event.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Africana1123(m): 9:47am On Sep 15, 2022
1 traditional wedding is the cheapest in Nigeria am not talking about south east

2) as a Muslim you don’t need money for burial ,even people around will contribute to bury the dead that same day

3) I can’t judge this , some people don’t want to be buried in a strange land
Meself if I die naa Ibadan they go bury me grin No to strange land

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by blamingthedevil: 9:47am On Sep 15, 2022
Not in Nigeria, in the Eastern part of the country

Add

4. Osu slavery in South East
5. Inheritance for Female Child in South East

Or is it Queen Elizabeth II that caused all these?

May God deliver us from enemies within

God Bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

45 Likes 10 Shares

Transporting dead bodies from the place they died to the village.
This is normal in most part of the world now.

Arry110:
Number 3 is a necessary practice, it may even be more economical than buying a plot in a private cemetery
Exactly my point � � � �

Acidosis:
..and what stops you and others from making these changes? Herd mentality, yeah?
The CHANGE you talk about begins right HERE, right NOW!
Rather late than never.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Rahkman: 9:47am On Sep 15, 2022
Just say igbos oga .....which one be nigeria undecided

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by esivue007(m): 9:48am On Sep 15, 2022
As for me,all these words you listed above are not compulsory.

There are many more cultural heritages that needs to be changed.

1 Like

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Triangles1(m): 9:48am On Sep 15, 2022
No 1 is acceptable.

1 Like

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Igboslayer: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2022
The culture I hate is the habit of anger... when you have issues with anyone and they get annoyed too easily... I no like am. You jam my car, na you carry blow come instead of say make we discuss.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by kozmokaz(m): 9:48am On Sep 15, 2022
� remove that number 3

2 Likes

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by yuzjet(m): 9:48am On Sep 15, 2022
So on point.

Even education cost is high. Majority of what we're taught in our various institutions cannot be marketed that we've to mostly rely on what's available.

Many after getting their degrees still end up selling cloths and bags on IG and Whatsapp. Very pathetic!

A lot of things need to be changed.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:48am On Sep 15, 2022
Popesuccess:
I have notice that some of the things we do in this country in the name of culture and tradition is Causing poor Nigerians more trouble and we need to change.

1. High Cultural cost of marriage.

2. High Cultural cost of burial. A man in my church have not being able to perform the burial rites for his mother because he will at least one million to do it. He is the only child.

3. Transporting dead bodies from the place they died to the village.

Hmm
For the bolded! Na EAGERNESS dey make LANDLORD employ security GUARD na him go take post las las..[ if e no get GREEDY CHILDREN. IF not MEMORY CARD FULL FOR COMPOUND no GRAVE YARD fr compound to AIDE SALES of PROPERTIES grin].
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by 5iine: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2022
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Psoul(m): 9:48am On Sep 15, 2022
D
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by HumbleOptimist(m): 9:49am On Sep 15, 2022
The so called 3 cultural activities are alien to me and I'm a Nigerian.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 15, 2022
Moneyboyz:

Why the dot?

U think say u wise lol..

U won't be the 1st to comment here lol
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Winters23: 9:49am On Sep 15, 2022
grin
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Bmaster(m): 9:49am On Sep 15, 2022
wahala...
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Arry110(m): 9:49am On Sep 15, 2022
Number 3 is a necessary practice, it may even be more economical than buying a plot in a private cemetery
Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by Holluwhakemmy(f): 9:50am On Sep 15, 2022
Well said but Igbo Amaka will not agree on these especially number 3

3 Likes

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by undisputedKOC: 9:50am On Sep 15, 2022
Stop dragging the rest of Nigeria into it because this is only applicable to Igbos only. Very extremely greedy and fraudulent tribe undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Cultural Activities That Need To Be Changed In Nigeria by 1metre: 9:50am On Sep 15, 2022
And also cultural believe that money is the reason why we live. We must also begin to educate our mind/youths that material things can only be obtain through hard work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Studies Show That Black People Are Genetically Programmed To Be Slaves! / 'Omoyele Sowore Could Have Been Turned To Goat For Desecration Of Ooni's Status' / The History And People Of Bende Lga Of Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.