Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,021 members, 7,852,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:24 PM

2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio (10211 Views)

‘We Weren’t Given Anything Extra’ — Ireti Kingibe Speaks On Akpabio’s ‘Alert' / Sowore, Dasuki: Garba Shehu Angry Over Media Reports, May Appeal Case / BREAKING: INEC May Postpone Election Till Tuesday For Logistics Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by jaxxy(m): 6:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
Offcourse if there is valid reason.
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by udemzyudex(m): 7:02pm On Sep 16, 2022
Too many m0rons on the first page.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by SunMusk(m): 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2022
This inec action the shock me oooo... Weyin concern them
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by morikee: 7:06pm On Sep 16, 2022
This thread is full of confused people so INEC shouldn't Appeal this miscarriage of Justice right?

1 Like

Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by Agugbadin: 7:13pm On Sep 16, 2022
INEC better do that now otherwise this country will continue to produce Supreme Court governors.
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by garfield1: 7:22pm On Sep 16, 2022
slivertongue:
Akpabio may be defeated again as in 2019

Enoidem is no match
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by garfield1: 7:24pm On Sep 16, 2022
fergie001:
INEC should not appeal it.... It's a dead-end, they will lose on appeal. The aggrieved persons should go on with their own cases armed with INEC report.

It seems the judgment is sound oh.inec cannot elect to choose to supervise any primaries it wants to.the one conducted initially is illegal and under the ekanem faction while the nwc cancelled it and conducted the legal one supervised by ntukekpo.
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by FredLum: 7:25pm On Sep 16, 2022
Make INEC no go waste money on court matter, Akpabio no fit win
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by zionstaar75: 7:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
Timekeeper452:
I see a lot of cows on this thread asking why inec should appeal. Inec should appeal because the new signed amended electoral law gives inec the power to reject names that doesn’t meet the requirements. If a court is forcing them to accept a name they have rejected, they have every right to appeal that judgment and reject that name. That’s what free and fair election means. Inec should have that power and not the Court.
but tambuwal and Bala Ahmed did the same thing,who is fooling who
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by crisubanijunior(m): 7:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
Why on earth will INEC appeal? Except they are now saying the election is Between Akpabio and INEC. Else whats their interest in this matter? Abi them be the opponent?
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by sammhi(m): 7:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
iLoveYouToo:
INEC is being stubborn, they can’t decide for political parties who to field or not. They ought to have honored APC’s request to monitor the June primary election that produced Akpbio.
The electoral Act state that you can't contest primary in 2 different positions at same time or period
Akpabio contested for Presidential so he can't contest for senatorial
That's enough to disqualify him

1 Like

Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by Vandieee(m): 7:43pm On Sep 16, 2022
How do you recharge your line? MTN is still the best network when it comes to browsing and data saving tho. Go to your phone settings and check data usage in other to be sure what consumed the data.

007Marvel:
Mtn is arguably the best and most criminally minded network in Nigeria, they offered me 24gb for ,3k5 40gb for 5k, I recharged 3k5 which my bank has refused to credit to my line, recharged another 3k5 again and mtn removed both offer! I lost 200$ today because of Polaris Bank and Mtn. Had to summit the UI I created today! Is Airtel any better please anyone. Never exhausted my data plan in Louisiana for as long as I can remember! barely a month in Nigeria and have exhausted 24gb twice! Nigeria will frustrate you! Guys Jakpa with any opportunity you get!
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:57pm On Sep 16, 2022
sammhi:

The electoral Act state that you can't contest primary in 2 different positions at same time or period

Akpabio withdrew before the presidential primary was conducted. He did not stand for the election
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by fergie001: 7:59pm On Sep 16, 2022
garfield1:
It seems the judgment is sound oh.inec cannot elect to choose to supervise any primaries it wants to.the one conducted initially is illegal and under the ekanem faction while the nwc cancelled it and conducted the legal one supervised by ntukekpo.
It isn't ... The Appeal Court in April granted status quo ante; which means Ekanem will be in-charge pending the determination of the suit.
The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja, on Thursday, ordered that status quo be maintained in the Akwa Ibom State All Progressives Congress (APC) executives, elected on October 16 and inaugurated by the APC National Caretaker Committee, until the determination of the motions for jurisdiction and stay of execution, which comes up on May 17.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/appeal-court-orders-statusquo-in-akwa-ibom-apc-exco/amp/

Nonetheless, Ntukekpo continued and don't forget that Ekanem was not a Party to the suit at the FHC. Akpanudoedehe was the person who appealed and he purposely withdrew from the case on May 31, three days after the said Primary.

The Appeal Court will give judgement on September 28.

However, the Ekpoudom case will have their judgement on September 21.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by 007Marvel(m): 8:04pm On Sep 16, 2022
Vandieee:
How do you recharge your line? MTN is still the best network when it comes to browsing and data saving tho. Go to your phone settings and check data usage in other to be sure what consumed the data.

I recharge through my Polaris Bank mobile app, Well it's down to me sharing my hotspot to both my PC and the iphone. I'm literally always working with them, and Mac OS happen to carry out some kind of update almost every day! My problem is Mtn trying to rip me,they want me to subscribe to the normal data plan that only gives 12gb for 3k5. It's literally useless. Even with the 24gb I still had to turn off access to the internet for most app on my iphone, so 12gb will be like throwing money to the dogs!
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by slivertongue: 8:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
garfield1:

Enoidem is no match

Enoidem defeated him in 2019?
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by Peacecore: 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
sammhi:

He was not voted for in the primary Oga. So, he's qualify to contest.
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by emilo2bad: 9:06pm On Sep 16, 2022
muykem:
Why will INEC appeal? What's their interest? Mike Igini has stubbornly cause problems for INEC in Akwa Ibom.
That is why igini was not retain but throw out of INEC
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by garfield1: 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2022
slivertongue:

Enoidem defeated them in 2019?

It was sen Chris ekpenyong his godfather...now,pdp is divided
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by garfield1: 9:11pm On Sep 16, 2022
fergie001:

It isn't ... The Appeal Court in April granted status quo ante; which means Ekanem will be in-charge pending the determination of the suit.
The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja, on Thursday, ordered that status quo be maintained in the Akwa Ibom State All Progressives Congress (APC) executives, elected on October 16 and inaugurated by the APC National Caretaker Committee, until the determination of the motions for jurisdiction and stay of execution, which comes up on May 17.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/04/appeal-court-orders-statusquo-in-akwa-ibom-apc-exco/amp/

Nonetheless, Ntukekpo continued and don't forget that Ekanem was not a Party to the suit at the FHC. Akpanudoedehe was the person who appealed and he purposely withdrew from the case on May 31, three days after the said Primary.

The Appeal Court will give judgement on September 28.

However, the Ekpoudom case will have their judgement on September 21.

The legally conducted primaries according to nwc is that that produced akpabio
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by fergie001: 9:23pm On Sep 16, 2022
garfield1:
The legally conducted primaries according to nwc is that that produced akpabio
That's what the judgement will help decide.

Let me also remind you, that the FHC Port Harcourt, today affirmed John Ayang who is in the Ekanem-faction as the rightly elected APC Candidate for Ikot Abasi/Eastern Obolo State Constituency. That should give you a direction......
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by Ubongdemaga: 9:24pm On Sep 16, 2022
Timekeeper452:
I see a lot of cows on this thread asking why inec should appeal. Inec should appeal because the new signed amended electoral law gives inec the power to reject names that doesn’t meet the requirements. If a court is forcing them to accept a name they have rejected, they have every right to appeal that judgment and reject that name. That’s what free and fair election means. Inec should have that power and not the Court.
please educate the morons that said rubbish here. akpanbio is going nowhere. If akpabio succeed lawan and others will soon see success too in d court

1 Like

Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by fergie001: 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ubongdemaga:
please educate the morons that said rubbish here. akpanbio is going nowhere. If akpabio succeed lawan and others will soon see success too in d court

Timekeeper452:

For the purpose of emphasis... I will explain so we don't go on abusing others and understand how it works.

This case is: Akpabio & APC v INEC

It is a different case as that of the Igini's own involving DIG Ekpoudom.

@ the bolded, the sole determination of this case was whether INEC has a right to refuse to publish a name sent by the Party. The FHC said INEC has no rights and they are correct. The Supreme Court has said many times that INEC has no business with the political parties except monitoring and cannot reject a name sent by the Party.

Even the Electoral Act says INEC shall monitor the Primaries but there was no punishment attached. No section said INEC should reject a name. None.

The only time punishments was assigned was for failure to notify INEC on Congresses or Convention, etc.

What INEC is advised to do, is to write their reports and if the aggrieved goes to Court then they can testify based on their reports.

Now, the main case between Ekpoudom & INEC v APC & Akpabio was already on in Court and INEC have rightly testified that Akpabio didn't win. The judgement will be delivered on 21st September, 2022.

You can now see there is no point INEC appealing this one as it will fail. INEC should keep its funds for many other litigations that could arise instead of pursuing this one.

The explanation is for emphasis.

1 Like

Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by AutoChick4U(f): 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2022
iLoveYouToo:
INEC is being stubborn, they can’t decide for political parties who to field or not. They ought to have honored APC’s request to monitor the June primary election that produced Akpbio.
Which election exactly? Wasn't he gunning for APC presidential candidate? Did he buy senatorial form? When?
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by Benbellamor: 10:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
CilicMarin:
They lack the powers to appeal, not unless they have hidden agenda for Akwa Ibom politics.

Akpabio: 4

Dubious INEC: 0
are you dumb?
Inec needs no a appeal.... Akpabio is a persona non grata

1 Like

Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by slivertongue: 11:13pm On Sep 16, 2022
garfield1:

It was sen Chris ekpenyong his godfather...now,pdp is divided

And APC is united?

1 Like

Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by garfield1: 12:01am On Sep 17, 2022
slivertongue:

And APC is united?

Akpabio will win sir
Re: 2023: INEC May Appeal Court Judgement On Akpabio by slivertongue: 12:18am On Sep 17, 2022
garfield1:

Akpabio will win sir

Yeah as he won in 2019! Good luck to him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Orders Separate Trials For Nnamdi Kanu, Co-Defendants / Terrorists Attack Kaduna Village, Kill 2, Abduct About 50 / Afenifere Annuls Adebanjo’s Acting Leader Role, Elders Caucus Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.