Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties (17246 Views)

Break Any Of These Traffic Laws In Nigeria, See The Fines You Will Pay – FRSC / The New Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties / List Of Lagos State Traffic Laws And Penalties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by lazkizz(m): 11:43am On Sep 17, 2022
Kaduna own is worst , el rufi don reset kaduna drivers Head to default setting.

Who talk say aboki get cow head

El rufi make kaduna drivers to be thinking like UK drivers, if you enter bus even conduct dey wear seatbelt grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by almelo3: 11:43am On Sep 17, 2022
Make them the maintain the roads at least good motorable roads to a large extent reduce traffic offences
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Jostoman: 11:43am On Sep 17, 2022
Make Una get out
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 17, 2022
So it is now official. Nairaland is a Lagos state government sponsored blog. Seun has met Tinubu one on one recently.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Oldmansense(m): 11:45am On Sep 17, 2022
Glorified slum...
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by rusher14: 11:45am On Sep 17, 2022
temitope27:
maybe u should try to be rich then

You've said it all.

grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Salihusaliheen(m): 11:46am On Sep 17, 2022
johnballyy:
This is serious..

Na to dey use bicycle now ooo !!!
even though na donkey them go use, they will still have to break the order
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by rusher14: 11:46am On Sep 17, 2022
Intellectuall01:
So it is now official. Nairaland is a Lagos state government sponsored blog. Seun has met Tinubu one on one recently.

Go to your villageland blog.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by rusher14: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2022
Oldmansense:
Glorified slum...

Na Yenegoa this guy dey live oh.

grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Satanista: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2022
Can we implement this on those lasma officials?
These rules are for the poor. I have used one wey severally and will use it today and there is nothing any of those Bastards can do. When they stop me and see me , before I even introduce myself they say sorry sir sorry sir. I just give the poverty striken bastards a few naira to buy water and calm their head . Laws are for broketards not for us
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 17, 2022
Indispensable85:
Study now before you come here and be crying.
The main issue is lack of adequate road signs particularly on roads that are one way.

Second issue is equality in enforcement, situation where commercial vehicles aka danfos will flaunt traffic rules with reckless abandon while the authorities do nothing but be hasty in arresting private car owners with even less offense is appalling.

On several occasions on Oshodi express you’ll see them drive against you and be flashing you to leave the path.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by hope4nigeria(m): 11:56am On Sep 17, 2022
Okoroawusa:
The word is enough for the wise. Lagos is not the only state you can live. Try other states if you feel that our laws are too stringent. Thank you.
Olodo hungry fowl claiming our law
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Farid24224(m): 11:59am On Sep 17, 2022
Abeg I go remain for my Kano....300 Naira is enough.. grin
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by BiasedNairaland: 12:00pm On Sep 17, 2022
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by saintneo(m): 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2022
Indispensable85:

Thanks, please it seems there are more. Could you share the remaining or a link?

No need to shed tears, we have a lot of challenges already. Smartness is key.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Didi2d(m): 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2022
Lagos state government should in matter of urgency repair and build good roads.

Also, contractors should complete abandoned roads.
Look at what's happening at Odofa agbara badagry expressway.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by AmazingELixir: 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2022
grin

As someone rightly pointed out....everyone should gaan buy themselves bicycles for commuting, that is about the only way to avoid the offences in that list.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by franchasofficia: 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2022
These traffic laws are excellent, I must commend those that came up with it, but my only issue with these draconian laws in Lagos state is that they are meant for the peasants or none Lagosians or those that are not Yorubas because many Yorubas and Lagos state government officials and ordinary LGA workers break these laws daily.

If you want people to obey these laws, stop applying selective enforcement. Arrest Sanwo-olu, Tinubu, Police, Army, LGA Chairman, Taskforce chairman, Obas, etc when they break the traffic laws, if not, its just a normal oppressive laws of a typical Nigerian government
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by madridguy(m): 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2022
Well noted. There is no ignorance in law.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Eriggs: 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2022
Softmirror:
HEARD THE STORY OF THE NIGERIAN CANADIAN MINISTER OF JUSTICE TRAFFIC OFFENSE IN CANADA ERIGGS?
No, not yet.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by obedientservant: 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2022
I no go fit cope again. Male I dey pack my kaya to leave Lagos.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by obembet(f): 12:18pm On Sep 17, 2022
Okoroawusa:
The word is enough for the wise. Lagos is not the only state you can live. Try other states if you feel that our laws are too stringent. Thank you.

God bless you.

They can go to Anambra
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Timekeeper452: 12:19pm On Sep 17, 2022
Put up signs to show and indicate the one way roads and illegal routes.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by obembet(f): 12:20pm On Sep 17, 2022
baralatie:
No 16

What if the traffic light is not working or none existent or vandalized
undecided

Lagos no be Anambra
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by obembet(f): 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2022
ecolime:
Fine of N100k is more appropriate for driving against one way plus a daily demurrage of N10k. Failure to pay up within a month should then lead to forfeiture of the car.

This seem fair enough. A year imprisonment plus forfeiture of car for a first time offender is too harsh.

The law should be reviewed.

Go back to your state.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by SpaceAngel: 12:22pm On Sep 17, 2022
Issue is many of the roads don't have signs that show one way. Sometimes hidden. No road markings too.
I've experienced a situation where a driver asked of direction and LASTMA deliberately directed the driver to a road that is one way only for his guys to jump out and attack the driver.

Crazy, cars with siren etc lead the way in doing all these instead of showing good example and same people still carry out arrest .

1 Like

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nyamiri: 12:26pm On Sep 17, 2022
Intellectuall01:

Stop wailing like an idiot. The laws have been in place since when your father was doing nwa boyi in the vulcanizer's stall.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by reddingtonblack: 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2022
Indispensable85:
There's a reason they say knowledge is power. For by knowledge shall the just be delivered. Ignorance of the law is not a tenable excuse.

These is commendable if i had flare for posting would av done it buh i think what will guide commuters better is installment of signs boards along major roads esp. connecting roads.
you can know all the offenses offhand and still enter one way or drive into a nondemarcated BRT lane without knowing, coming down frm mile2 there is a trap like that task force use to extort commuters every day.

Sign board is a better guide

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by jaxxy(m): 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2022
Indispensable85:

Have u put signages on all roads and corners to avoid misleading motorists??

A state with 80% bad roads auctioning peoples cars for trafficoffence. Lmao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by Nyamiri: 12:29pm On Sep 17, 2022
franchasofficia:
These traffic laws are excellent, I must commend those that came up with it, but my only issue with these draconian laws in Lagos state is that they are meant for the peasants or none Lagosians or those that are not Yorubas because many Yorubas and Lagos state government officials and ordinary LGA workers break these laws daily.

If you want people to obey these laws, stop applying selective enforcement. Arrest Sanwo-olu, Tinubu, Police, Army, LGA Chairman, Taskforce chairman, Obas, etc when they break the traffic laws, if not, its just a normal oppressive laws of a typical Nigerian government

You are typing from an abundance of ignorance and inherited bias. You should learn to shut up and use your brain if you are not sure of what you're saying.

Go to Alausa and see civil servants paying fine to LASTMA and VIO. Even within Alausa, VIO officers attached to the office of the HOS and SSG tow wrongly parked vehicles belonging to civil servants.
Re: Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties by benqo01(m): 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2022
And the police are the ones breaking these rules...many times I have seen police take one way even on speed too it's crazy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday / Gov Soludo Commissions 26 Km Amansea, Ebnebe, Ugbenu, Awba Ofemmili Road (photos / Bellview Airplane Crashes After Taking Off From Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.